Queenie's CIEN #1 (100 days of No-S)

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:47 pm

Hope your weekend is going well Queenie! Just want to answer your question about the symbols. I use the emoji keyboard on my iPad. You activate it under general settings but not sure if it's available on a regular computer.

Hope that helps!

Linda &#128525;&#128526;&#9996;&#128131;&#128150;
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:23 pm

Day 33-37

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X
Red Triple X = Entire day is a Fail

First X: No Sweets
Second X: No Snacks
Third X: No Seconds

Comments: I was out of town with poor internet. Am back online again. Kept to No-S easily. I did have popcorn and beer for Monday's dinner but I think that's legal.

Week 01: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
Week 02: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
Week 03: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
Week 04: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
Week 05: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
Week 06: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
Week 07: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
Week 08: XXX XXX Wed Thu Fri
Week 09: Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Week 10: Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Week 11: Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Week 12: Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Week 13: Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Week 14: Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Week 15: Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Week 16: Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Week 17: Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Week 18: Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Week 19: Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Week 20: Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:27 pm

lpearlmom wrote:You're doing fantastic! I agree that you'll figure out the right size of meals for you overtime. I used to make my meals too big in the beginning because I was afraid of being hungry eventually I realized I was fine with less and even switched to smaller plates. Now I can't imagine eating how much I used to before.

Anyway you are in a good groove so just keep up the good work!

Linda
Thanks for sharing that, Linda. I'm back and forth with:

Eating less, being pleasantly hungry for meals
Eating less, being hungrier than I like
Eating more, feeling satisfied
Eating more and feeling uncomfortably stuffed
And back to eating less.

It seems to be a cycle. So when I get to the "eating less and feeling pleasantly hungry for the next meal" I no longer feel like I'm ready to graduate to smaller plates. : )

And when I'm back to "eating more and being uncomfortably stuffed" I also no longer feel that this plan isn't working because I just eat too much.

So I guess I'm noticing my pattern.

I take a lot of hope from the fact that those "eating less" days were not in my rotation at all before I began No-S.

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:30 pm

Wahine wrote:I know what you mean about 'early days'. I feel the same. All the people who are Long-termers say it WILL work itself out. Of course, the ones for whom it didn't work itself out have probably left this site.... :twisted:
But I am with you. This system is good. Practical, social and kind of old-fashioned in a comforting common sense kind of way.
I can see that I'm cycling with eating more and less (per my post just above). That gives me a lot of reassurance about the meal sizes working themselves out over time.

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:32 pm

lpearlmom wrote:Hope your weekend is going well Queenie! Just want to answer your question about the symbols. I use the emoji keyboard on my iPad. You activate it under general settings but not sure if it's available on a regular computer.

Hope that helps!

Linda &#128525;&#128526;&#9996;&#128131;&#128150;
You're posting from your phone?! My goodness.

I suppose I could send myself an email from my phone using the emojis, then I'd have a source on my computer and could copy-and-paste them when I wanted.

But I don't see that happening. LOL!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:00 pm

My iPad not my phone! Although I my phone is big enough that I probably could if I needed.

I don't think putting less on your plate or using smaller plates can be forced. Trust the process, you will be ready when you're ready. I remember hearing ppl talking about using smaller plates or putting lighter foods on their plates and I felt a lot of resistance. Then slowly I got to the point where I just wanted to. It felt like the next natural step.

In the beginning you kind of just need to do what ever it takes to stay on habit. Big plates with dense foods if needed. Of course, this is all just based on my experience. I'm sure someone else may have had a very different experience.

Anyway just keep fiddling till it feels like you're in a good groove. You can do this!

Linda

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:12 pm

Oh, your ipad! Of course. :)

I was 100% ready for No-S when I started in December. Anything's easy when you're 100% committed.

And apparently I'm still 100% committed because it's still easy.

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:10 pm

Day 38

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments: Easy normal day on Wednesday. There are definitely times when I would get a little loose with No-S but I don't because of the chart.

For one thing, it's a pain to mark a black X on the chart.

But the bigger reason is, once I start allowing black Xs, then it will become normal to have black Xs. I like the mild pressure to maintain a green chart. The more weeks of green I have, the more I want to keep it green.

Oh -- I used the 'slow cooker' function on my electric pressure cooker yesterday instead of using my regular crock pot. The roast came out much better than usual. Will make my next two roasts in the pressure cooker's slow cooker and see if this is consistent or just a fluke.

I'd love to get rid of my crock pot and have one less appliance.

Week 08: XXX XXX XXX Thu Fri

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:37 am

You're continuing to do fantastically! It's funny how little things like green Xs can motivate us, huh? I'm thinking of using the habitcal again just to keep myself in stricter compliance.

I hear ya on the over abundance of appliances. We have a slow cooker, a yogurt maker, an ice cream maker, a deep fryer, a cusinart, a mixer, spiralizer, a juicer, a blender, a mini-food processor, a meat slicer, a crepe maker, 3 coffee makers, a milk foamer and an iced tea maker. Yet no pressure cooker, hmmmm..&#129300;

Happy Friday!

Linda

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:58 am

Day 39 & 40

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments: Oh, I just realized -- I only had two meals today. Breakfast was mid-morning, then I took a nap late in the afternoon and woke up to an early dinner.

I'm VERY hungry right now -- I've even been thinking there's some merit to starting an S day on Friday night. But all that's going on is, I need to have a third meal. It'll be a small meal because I don't like to eat much this late at night. But I definitely want something to eat.

Week 08: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:59 am

lpearlmom wrote: I hear ya on the over abundance of appliances. We have a slow cooker, a yogurt maker, an ice cream maker, a deep fryer, a cusinart, a mixer, spiralizer, a juicer, a blender, a mini-food processor, a meat slicer, a crepe maker, 3 coffee makers, a milk foamer and an iced tea maker. Yet no pressure cooker, hmmmm..&#129300;
Ha!!! You "win" for the most-applianced kitchen!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:38 pm

Oh sorry wasn't trying to "win". I just suddenly got curious about how many we actually had and wanted to see them listed. The answer is too many! &#9786;&#65039;

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:03 pm

I was trying to be funny, Linda! (Should've put some smiley faces in there.)

It feels like luxury to me when I realize the appliances I have. Especially my Blentec and my Cuisinart. I feel RICH when I use them.

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:31 am

Day 41

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments: I did fine today except I piled my plate too high at dinner. I looked at it as I was preparing the food, and I thought it was kind of a lot.

Then when I put it on my plate -- well, it fit but man, it was way too much. But I was reheating leftovers, and didn't want to throw them out, yet I knew they wouldn't hold up well to be reheated yet again. So I ate it all.

And I've felt stuffed all evening long.

Being a little hungry feels so much better than being stuffed feels.

This is one of those times when I think the "seconds" rule works against me. I've noticed that on S days, I reheat smaller meals because I know I can go back for more. And yet I almost never do get more, because the smaller meal turns out to be "enough."

If I ever modify, it might be on this. I might allow myself to have seconds provided my "firsts" were a under a certain size. I have a feeling I would rarely if ever actually have the seconds.

But it's too early to be thinking of doing a mod. No doubt I'll be eating lighter tomorrow, as a natural reaction to today.

Week 09: XXX Tue Wed Thu Fri

wahine

Post by wahine » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:08 am

Yep too early with the mods. So tempting.

It's so hard not to eat all of a loaded plate once it's there. Still in the old days I would have picked all evening and eaten the same amount but with much less awareness.
Kate

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:22 am

Day 42 & 43

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments: Two days of comfortable eating after that overstuffed dinner on Monday. Feels very good.

Week 09: XXX XXX XXX Thu Fri

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:23 am

Wahine wrote: It's so hard not to eat all of a loaded plate once it's there. Still in the old days I would have picked all evening and eaten the same amount but with much less awareness.
That's a GREAT point, Kate. By eating that whole plate in one sitting, I REALLY knew what I was eating.

Love this plan.

wahine

Post by wahine » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:42 am

Good to see you going so well :D . The Queen of consistency!
Kate

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:05 am

Ha! Nice one, Kate. Thanks!

Today will be green, but I'll wait until tomorrow to mark it on the chart.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:04 am

Doing fantabulous! Have a great weekend!

Linda :)

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:14 am

Thanks, Linda!

I went to the grocery store on Saturday morning and didn't want my usual weekend treats.

Maybe I'll want them tomorrow, and I'll get something if I do. But it felt like such freedom to realize I'd rather not buy treats today.

And now, at the end of the day on Saturday, it feels great to recognize that I didn't miss having the treats today.

I might make sure to have something tomorrow, just so I don't treat a weekend like a weekday. But this feels comfortable for today.

r.jean

Post by r.jean » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:34 am

I empathize with the dilemma about piling a plate high versus having seconds if the plate was small to begin with. I think we all have to judge on our own what constitutes having seconds and what does not. Tonight I took a modest portion of everything because a friend stopped by and ended up joining us for supper. In order to make sure everyone got enough I took modest portions. I did not have a full plate to start with. I ended up eating seconds, a few leftover potatoes, because I still felt hungry. I did not consider this a Red.

Now the Girl Scout Cookies I succumbed to later are a different story.......
The journey is the reward.
Maintenance is progress.

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:23 pm

Day 44, 45, 46 & 47

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments: Didn't realize it had been so long since I reported in!

My N days have been fine.

I had a pretty reasonable weekend. And an easy Monday and Tuesday. Nice to have a "boring" report. : )

Week 09: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
Week 10: XXX XXX Wed Thu Fri
Week 20: Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri[/quote]

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:27 pm

r.jean wrote:I empathize with the dilemma about piling a plate high versus having seconds if the plate was small to begin with. I think we all have to judge on our own what constitutes having seconds and what does not. Tonight I took a modest portion of everything because a friend stopped by and ended up joining us for supper. In order to make sure everyone got enough I took modest portions. I did not have a full plate to start with. I ended up eating seconds, a few leftover potatoes, because I still felt hungry. I did not consider this a Red.
Good reminder to be sane about this, Jean.

Today I'm going to an Indian buffet for lunch. I think I'm going to get two light plates and call it one fairly loaded plate. In the past (while on No-S) I've heavily loaded my plate at this buffet and it was far more than I wanted to eat. But there were dishes that I wanted to try that, if I liked them, I knew I'd want to eat.

So my plan is: One tasting plate and one normal-meal plate will equal being on-plan. I will know if I exceed that.

If they have a dessert I'm particularly fond of, I may have it and record a single black X. We shall see.

r.jean wrote: Now the Girl Scout Cookies I succumbed to later are a different story.......
LOL!!! :lol:

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:25 pm

Day 48

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments: The Indian buffet got postponed until tomorrow. Everything's normal on today's N-day.

Week 10: XXX XXX XXX Thu Fri

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:01 am

Yay yay look at all that green! (I could never figure out how to make my letters colored).

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi Queenie - thanks for stopping by my thread - yes, No S is working well for me ;) I'm currently enjoying stocking up an Easter treats shelf in my cupboard - it's great to be able to do that and know I won't eat any of it unless it's Easter Saturday/Sunday!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:32 am

Day 49 & 50

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments: I took a modest plate at the Indian Buffet, expecting to go back for a second modest plate and call it one heavily loaded plate. But to my surprise, I was satisfied with the one modest plate. Go figure.

BUT they had a mango souffle for dessert. I love mango. So I decided to have dessert. Well, I took one bite and didn't like it. But since I took the bite, I went and got a serving of the other dessert because I may as well "get" something for having a black X for sweets.

Today it occurred to me: If I had just stopped after that one bite and not gotten any more, I could have called it the equivalent to putting a teaspoon of honey in my tea. But it didn't occur to me in the moment.

I think I will remember it for the future. And it makes me feel easier about trying a dessert at this place. They have such unusual desserts that it's not something I can have next weekend, or even necessarily "next time" because they vary their desserts. But since the desserts ARE unusual, sometimes they just don't please me and I'm not interested in eating them once I've had a taste.

If I like what I taste, then it's a black X and I eat it. If it's not worthy of a black X, then it's just a teaspoon.

I'm thinking in terms of No-S being something I can live with. I feel deprived when I skip dessert at this place. Normally I don't feel deprived when I forego a sweet on a weekday but this is an exception.

I don't want to start cutting corners. So, we'll see.

Week 10: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX

wahine

Post by wahine » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:48 am

Mango soufflé sounds like it would be so good! I hope your other dessert was good, although it doesn't sound like you felt it was really black x worthy. Maybe you had tried it before?

It looks like things are going very well overall.
Kate

wahine

Post by wahine » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:59 am

Week 11 going OK? Are you getting bored with us? :wink:
Kate

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:32 am

Day 51, 52 and 53

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments: My brother called me this weekend and said he'd like to take me out for a long-overdue birthday dinner. So that's what we did today. Since it was for my birthday, I had dessert. We shared it.

Week 11: XXX XXX SXX Thu Fri

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:34 am

Wahine wrote:Week 11 going OK? Are you getting bored with us? :wink:
LOL! Maybe a little.

But I have to say, whenever I'm tempted to fudge on the rules, I don't because I don't want to report it here.

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:37 am

Wahine wrote:Mango soufflé sounds like it would be so good!
Yah, mango souffle sounds good, doesn't it? : )

Wahine wrote:I hope your other dessert was good, although it doesn't sound like you felt it was really black x worthy. Maybe you had tried it before?
Correct, (1) the other dessert wasn't BlackX-worthy, and (2) I wouldn't have been tempted by it.

Although it tasted good, it wasn't one of my favorites AND it didn't look enticing. It would have been easy to skip if that were the only dessert on display.

wahine

Post by wahine » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:40 am

It does make a difference, having the board to report to. Maybe one day it will all be second nature and we wouldn't think of breaking the rules....
Kate

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:57 am

Day 54, 55, 56 and 57

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments: Nothing special to report. Eating a lot of corned beef here. It's salty, so I'm drinking a lot of water, too.

Will be going on vacation the first full week of April. It's just my sister and me, and we'll be mostly doing our own cooking (renting a place out in the countryside). It'll be from Saturday through Thursday so I'll be starting out with two S-days. It's a couple of weeks from now.

Week 11: XXX XXX SXX XXX XXX
Week 12: XXX XXX Wed Thu Fri

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:58 am

Wahine wrote:It does make a difference, having the board to report to. Maybe one day it will all be second nature and we wouldn't think of breaking the rules....
Yes, it does make a difference. I ought to pop in and report more regularly.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:28 am

Doing great as usual. Missed seeing you here though. Your upcoming vacation sounds lovely!

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:30 pm

Hey Queenie! I just went through all the posts on the March Challenge thread - and you've done brilliantly in March! Well done!

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:54 am

Day 58, 59, 60, 61 and 62

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments: Today I had sorta-seconds after dinner. I had made a stew in the pressure cooker. Took a bowl of it that was on the small side.

Then as I was putting away the leftovers, I couldn't quite fit everything in the jars to store it in the fridge. So I decided to have some of the soup and meat. It wasn't much but it was definitely unplanned, therefore it was seconds.

I feel fine about it. But I'm going to report it.

However, if I had remembered what a royal PAIN it is to mark just one X black, I might have been swayed to find another jar instead. :)

Week 12: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX
Week 13: XXX XXX Wed Thu Fri

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:55 am

lpearlmom wrote:Doing great as usual. Missed seeing you here though. Your upcoming vacation sounds lovely!
Thanks for stopping in, Linda. I'm looking forward to the vacation.

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:57 am

RAWCOOKIE wrote:Hey Queenie! I just went through all the posts on the March Challenge thread - and you've done brilliantly in March! Well done!
Thanks, Rawcookie! This continues to be pretty easy for me.

And I continue to feel like cutting corners here and there but I choose not to because I don't want to report it.

It was helpful to "have to" report today's seconds because it was annoying to mark it as black.

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:54 am

Queenie wrote:Day 63, 64

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments: Went to the Indian Buffet today. Had moderate seconds in lieu of an overloaded plate but I've decided to report it since I also had dessert.

This restaurant is really good, and it's worth the bother of black Xs.

Week 13: XXX XXX XXX XXX Fri
Week 20: Mon Tue Wed Thu FrI

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:16 am

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments: Today was an easy Green N-day.

Week 13: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:28 am

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments: I'm back from vacation. Was pretty much a normal week. My weekend was normal except for ice cream on Sunday.

Then we had ice cream on Tuesday. I'm counting it as S event for vacation being Special.

Yesterday I had four small meals rather than three normal meals. This was because of expecting to have a big diner breakfast but we were out in the boondocks and the place where we went turned out to be only open for breakfast on weekends, we discovered when we got there. (There was no phone signal at the house we rented so we couldn't call ahead to check. And the restaurant was in the closest town, 14 miles from the house.)

Anyway, that meant McDonalds for breakfast and I had a sausage muffin (no egg, no cheese). Then we had a light lunch because my sister told us she'd be serving us salami and Italian bread for us when we arrived home.

So in the late afternoon I had a salami sandwich with chips on a plate. I kept it to just the one sandwich because of No-S.

But later in the evening I was so hungry. I had a yogurt and some leftover rice that we brought back in a cooler.

And then I realized: Hey, these were extenuating circumstances on a day with a 4-hour drive. This counts as an S event. So I had a small fourth meal (or maybe it was a snack) but I'm calling it an S event because it was road trip day.

Week 14: XXX XXS XXX XXS XXX

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:06 am

Wb! Seems like you did pretty good all things considered! Vacations are definitely tricky. Did you have a nice time?

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:38 am

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments:Pretty mild weekend. And back to regular N-days here.

Week 15: XXX Tue Wed Thu Fri

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:39 am

lpearlmom wrote:Wb! Seems like you did pretty good all things considered! Vacations are definitely tricky. Did you have a nice time?
Thanks, Linda.

It was a good vacation but too short. Will take a longer one next time. : )

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:32 am

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments:I skipped breakfast so I could have an appetizer at a restaurant lunch. I know know if that's kosher on No-S.

However, I think I would have felt better to have had breakfast and no appetizer at lunch.

I'm counting it as green for now (counting it as having the two meals at one sitting).

Week 15: XXX XXX XXX Thu Fri

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:51 am

I think it's fine and now you know for next time it doesn't feel like the best option for you. Glad to see your continued success--doing great!

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:54 am

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments:So far so good on Thursday and Friday. Pretty low-key weekend so far.

Week 15: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:55 am

lpearlmom wrote:I think it's fine and now you know for next time it doesn't feel like the best option for you. Glad to see your continued success--doing great!
Thanks, Linda. It already happened even though today is an S day. My sister and I went to lunch -- I had breakfast and she didn't.

She was able to finish her lunch but I took some home and had it for dinner. I would have been stuffing myself to have eaten it all at one meal.

That was so much more comfortable for me than eating a huge amount at one meal.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:49 pm

Yay! Lesson learned, lesson applied, positive reinforcement (good feelings). You are a habit making genius! :)

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:34 pm

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments:So far so good on Thursday and Friday. Pretty low-key weekend so far.

Week 16: XXX XXX Wed Thu Fri

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Linda, it happened again on Sunday.

My mother treated us to dinner at Outback and we had it as takeout. I had had breakfast and my sister didn't.

My sisters both finished their meals but I got about halfway through and realized I'd feel overstuffed if I ate it all.

The leftovers made a full meal for me on Monday night, just as the leftovers from Saturday lunch made a full meal for Saturday's supper.

It looks like my portion sizes may be starting to normalize. I'm couching that in "may be" language because I know it might be two steps forward, one step back for a while.

But until now I haven't had normal portions three days in row, which is what happened there.

I'm feeling very hopeful and optimistic here.

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:52 pm

Queenie wrote: I'm couching that in "may be" language because I know it might be two steps forward, one step back for a while.
:lol:
I know what you mean! As soon as I announce some success or what I think might be a permanent change on here - I go and do the exact opposite! At least two forward and one back is still progress! :D

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:22 am

Feeling hopeful & optimistic is good. Hope it continues!

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:28 am

SSS = Special day

Green X = Success
Black X = Failed that X

Comments:N-days were all good. I'm having a bit of an off-the-rails weekend as far as popcorn for breakfast and supper, plus a pint of ice cream. Also bought some cookies. The perils of going to the grocery store while hungry on an S day.

It's been a while since I had S-days like this. It'll be Monday again soon enough. : )

Week 16: XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:29 am

RAWCOOKIE wrote:
I know what you mean! As soon as I announce some success or what I think might be a permanent change on here - I go and do the exact opposite! At least two forward and one back is still progress! :D
You nailed it, Rawcookie!

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:30 am

lpearlmom wrote:Feeling hopeful & optimistic is good. Hope it continues!
Thanks, Linda!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:49 am

Oh well I've had more of my share of those kind of S days. Heck I had popcorn for lunch yesterday and it wasn't even an S day. I'm betting tomorrow will be calmer but if not Monday is right around the corner!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu May 26, 2016 4:00 am

Checking on ya. Everything ok?

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:51 pm

Hi Linda,

Sorry I didn't see your note, I was just stopping by for a brief check in. Thanks for asking.

I'm doing fine. Dropped off from posting when I was sick for a week, and just realized that I am doing fine keeping up with no-S without the daily posting. I keep a daily checklist for my business, and I simply added three checkboxes to it for no-S.

I am not losing appreciable weight. I would say perhaps a few ounces a month. :-)

My summer clothes from last year fit comfortably. Since I know I gained weight in the fall, I know this means that I have lost a little bit of weight from no-S. However, I don't look different even to myself.

It's easy for me to stick to the no-S habit, so I am going to keep doing that with my checklist. And I will drop by from time to time just to say I'm still doing it.

Best regards,
Queenie