JJJPK's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

JJJPK

JJJPK's daily check in

Post by JJJPK » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:20 pm

Hi everybody. Just found the daily check in forum. This is great because I have been on this sight a LOT since I joined and I have been posting lots and feeling a little annoying for everyone so, now I have a place to keep all my annoyingness contained!

I guess I'll just say "hi" and introduce myself (again). If you want more go to my post called "I'm new!" Ah, back then I was bright eyed and bushy tailed. I'm fifteen. I'm in high school I'm on day 12 and tbh right now it really sucks. (I've posted about that in more detail too, "mental blocks.") I think why I'm struggling so much right now (PLEASE be dinner time already!) is because I ate a pretty awful lunch. We didn't have any leftover so I had like two pieces of beef jerky, baby carrots, and some crackers. It tasted amazing after my morning run, but an afternoon of shopping quickly sent the hunger rushing right back. Now, I'm tryna do my geometry and (Oh, my stomach just literally growled...loudly) as you can see, not much geometry is being done, because I needed some support. So yeah. Today is sucking pretty bad right now. I will survive, I will survive! :x
Na Razie!
JJJPK

JJJPK

Post by JJJPK » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:08 pm

Day 13.

Success.

Today has been a bit of a mixed bag. Breakfast was a frozen yogurt bar (there were only 11 grams of sugar, I didn't count it as a sweet), some raw, unsalted nuts, and 2 kiwis. I usually have greek yogurt and fruit of some kind but I changed it up a little bit for hump day. Lunch was a tuna sandwich, some frozen vegetable bights, cheese and crackers and watermelon. It was a large lunch. Also probably very high in sodium. It left me feeling a little uncomfortably full, and also none too happy about all the garbage I had consumed. But we're still out of leftovers at my house, so I've been roughing it the past two days. I haven't eaten dinner but I know what I'm going to have. Chicken potpie filling with a biscuit. It's homemade so it'll be pretty healthy, no added sodium, sugar, cream etc. So yeah, by the *rules* today was a success, but not the most healthy :roll: :wink: Oh, and I have to go to art class tonight, so there shouldn't be much temptation to snack, so that's a plus! :mrgreen:
Na Razie!
JJJPK

MaggieMae

Post by MaggieMae » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:07 am

Sounds like you're doing great! Sodium is in EVERYTHING. I feel like its hard to avoid unless you make everything from scratch. Who has time for that!? :lol:

JJJPK

Post by JJJPK » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:49 pm

Day 14.

Success!

This is a big one for me, It's been two whole weeks since I ate any candy, ice cream or stuff like that! Today was a really great day and I learned two important lessons: Water rocks and late lunches rock. For breakfast I had my usual no fat plain Greek yogurt with a green apple and some peanut butter granola (yum! Never fails to please.) Then after breakfast the hunger was getting pretty bad. It was at like 11:00 am and that hour till lunch was feeling REAL long. I drank a big glass of water and...IT ACTUALLY WORKED! I was completely un-hungry after that! This also may have had something to do with the fact that my brother called me and I was distracted talking to him for like an hour but either way, I was happy :mrgreen: Then I went for my run later than usual which pushed lunch back till 1:00 p.m. I had two bunches of really good grapes and a salad with avocados, cucumbers, and a handful of cashews on it. Then dinner was a burger with avocado and onion, some baked beans and watermelon. It was an awesome day. I feel really satisfied and the diet is working great right now!
Na Razie!
JJJPK

JJJPK

Post by JJJPK » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:21 am

Day 15.

S DAY!

Day 16 S day!

Getting back on the train tomorrow I'll letcha know how it goes! :mrgreen:
Na Razie!
JJJPK

Imogen Morley

Post by Imogen Morley » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:37 pm

How were your S-days? Satisfying, I hope.

JJJPK

Post by JJJPK » Mon May 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Ahhh! It's been way too long! Today has been a success so for. I'm just gonna call it day 1. There has been a little bit of seediness since I left but for the most part it's been pretty straight and narrow.
Breakfast:Greek yogurt with 2 kiwis
Lunch:Kale salad with chicken breast, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots.
Dinner: Probably salmon with some sort of veg and carbs.

Also, Some awesome news! My weight is down from 128 pounds to 124 pounds! It feels really good! And my BMI is still totally in the healthy range at 19.4. :D
Na Razie!
JJJPK

JJJPK

Post by JJJPK » Tue May 24, 2016 10:07 pm

Day 2 Success!
Breakfast: Frozen yogurt bar, handful of fresh cherries
Lunch:Kale salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, and chicken
Dinner: Two slices of ham with green beans and sweet potato and a glass of milk
Na Razie!
JJJPK

JJJPK

Post by JJJPK » Wed May 25, 2016 10:43 pm

Day 3 Success

Breakfast:Frozen yogurt bar, handful of cherries
Lunch: Ground turkey casserole with peas, carrots, and parsnips, sweet potato, green apple
Dinner:Pulled chicken sandwich, coleslaw, bell pepper and carrot crudite
Na Razie!
JJJPK

JJJPK

Post by JJJPK » Thu May 26, 2016 11:18 pm

Day 4, Success

Breakfast: 0% fat Greek yogurt, strawberries, blueberries.
Lunch: Kale salad with chicken, carrots, tomatoes and cucumbers.
Dinner: Beef roast with baked potatoes, carrots, peppers, onions, garlic, and green beans.
Na Razie!
JJJPK

JJJPK

Post by JJJPK » Sat May 28, 2016 8:53 pm

Day 5 S day!

Breakfast: Watermelon
Lunch: Kale salad with veg and a slice of cheese
Dinner: A bowl and a half of cauliflower fried rice
Dessert: Yogurt and berry smoothie with whipped cream
Na Razie!
JJJPK

JJJPK

Post by JJJPK » Sun May 29, 2016 4:04 pm

Day 6 S day!

I had ice cream....and potato chips...'nough said! :wink:
Na Razie!
JJJPK

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Sun May 29, 2016 6:30 pm

Nice! You've made a really good start on this.
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

JJJPK

Post by JJJPK » Mon May 30, 2016 2:21 pm

Aw, thanks RAWCOOKIE, it means a lot :)

Day 7

Success!
Na Razie!
JJJPK