MaryAnn's Check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Haleybeaa

MaryAnn's Check in

Post by Haleybeaa » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:00 pm

All,

Good morning. Well, I am very mad at myself. History:

- Several years ago lost 40 lbs on WW
-Gave up WW and went on No S. Was maintaining beautifully

THEN:

-Decided to diet again to get to a DREAM weight ( why? I didn't even need to!)
- Diet didn't work. I felt deprived. Decided to try another diet ( but first, one last meal................)
-Rinse repeat of the above 2
-Now I gained back 30 of the 40.

I'm back. I'm giving it a good year. I love this board. Thank you for all your support. xoxo

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:06 pm

Welcome back, Haleybeaa! :)

I'm new here, but have also tried NoS in the past; did other diets (you know the drill), and finally recommitted to NoS a few months ago utilizing a mod that enabled me to stay on plan and reach my weight loss goals. You can do this--it's truly the sanest way of eating out there. :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective.
~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

knitapeace

Post by knitapeace » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi Haleybeaa, I'm also new and a re-gainer from My Fitness Pal. I got very obsessive logging my meals and once I eased up on that, about half my lost weight came back. I'm proud of us for taking back the reins before we let things go too far! We can do it together!
Everything I need, I already have.

Haleybeaa

Post by Haleybeaa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:21 pm

Thank you, Life is a Blessing and knitapeace. Let's check in regularly with each other.

I"m happy to say I did okay on day one. Bigger meals then I'm used to but I really felt like I ate less overall due to no snacking. I constantly had something in my mouth- not good. I am eating breakfast later which is holding me nicely.

Wishing you a great No S day xoxo

Haleybeaa

Day 3

Post by Haleybeaa » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi ya'll:

Made it through two days No S style. Last night my tummy started rumbling and I was dying for a late night snack around 11pm. I reminded myself gently that its time for bed and I can eat breakfast in the morning. I also reminded myself about habit and the more my body adjusts to this, the easier it will be. I'm proud that I was strong.

Its helping me to eat my meals later as I'm not that busy in the morning anyways:
breakfast: 10-10:30
lunch: 2-3
dinner: 7-8

I'm planning my S day already ( lol) I think I'll bake some brownies and have a real coke both days. I hope everyong has an amazing day!

xoxo

Jen1974

Post by Jen1974 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:41 pm

I time my meals the same way you do & it's made all the difference!! I especially like the late lunch on nights we go out to dinner because I'm less tempted to overdo it on restaurant food & it's much easier to just eat 1/2 of what I order (:

Merry

Re: Day 3

Post by Merry » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:41 pm

Haleybeaa wrote:Hi ya'll:

Made it through two days No S style. Last night my tummy started rumbling and I was dying for a late night snack around 11pm. I reminded myself gently that its time for bed and I can eat breakfast in the morning. I also reminded myself about habit and the more my body adjusts to this, the easier it will be. I'm proud that I was strong.

Its helping me to eat my meals later as I'm not that busy in the morning anyways:
breakfast: 10-10:30
lunch: 2-3
dinner: 7-8

I'm planning my S day already ( lol) I think I'll bake some brownies and have a real coke both days. I hope everyong has an amazing day!

xoxo
Good for you! I found those late-night cravings do subside--you're doing great!

Fun to plan for S days too, and enjoy the reward.
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

HoneyBeeNYC

Re: MaryAnn's Check in

Post by HoneyBeeNYC » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:10 pm

Haleybeaa wrote:All,

Good morning. Well, I am very mad at myself. History:

- Several years ago lost 40 lbs on WW
-Gave up WW and went on No S. Was maintaining beautifully

THEN:

-Decided to diet again to get to a DREAM weight ( why? I didn't even need to!)
- Diet didn't work. I felt deprived. Decided to try another diet ( but first, one last meal................)
-Rinse repeat of the above 2
-Now I gained back 30 of the 40.

I'm back. I'm giving it a good year. I love this board. Thank you for all your support. xoxo
I understand the urge to be angry at oneself but I hope you'll just let it go and learn from it. We've all done stupid things. The important thing is to learn from our experiences.

May I ask, have you learned anything from your weight regain? If this is too personal, ignore it.