BACK AGAIN!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

moderatemeals

BACK AGAIN!

Post by moderatemeals » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi everyone -
I lurk on the boards quite a bit but am too lazy to post. No S has changed my life in so many ways but I do lose my way now and again. I find that when this happens, the best thing to do is to post. I actually go back to my old posts too for motivation. My main problems are snacking and sugar and this summer, they seem to both have crept into my eating patterns. My goals are 21 Green days of Vanilla No S (my only mod is a little chocolate milk in my morning coffee!) and no solitary snacking or solitary sweets on weekends. The only thing I will allow myself between meals is coffee or water. Also aiming for 12,000 steps a day.

Wt: 123.2
Day 1: SUCCESS!
Breakfast: protein pancakes, syrup and strawberries
Lunch: Salad, fruit and grilled shrimp
Dinner: Lean cuisine pizza and chips
Last edited by moderatemeals on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:11 pm

Hi and welcome back, moderatemeals! :)

Sounds like you have a solid plan. Best of luck as you get started again! :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective.
~El Fug, on the NoS Diet

bunsofaluminum

Post by bunsofaluminum » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:01 pm

Hi there

I'm relatively new at this, but also find that No S has given me so much already. Food sanity alone is more than worth it.

Glad to see you're back and ready to rumble

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:36 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:Hi there

I'm relatively new at this, but also find that No S has given me so much already. Food sanity alone is more than worth it.

Glad to see you're back and ready to rumble
^^^This. ^^^ Welcome back!
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:35 am

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! These boards are such a source of support for me :) Yesterday was tough but I white-knuckled through the desire to snack and kept my day green! Now on to day 2!! Good luck to everyone reading.

Wt: 122
Day 2:
Breakfast: protein pancakes, syrup & raspberries

liveitup

Post by liveitup » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:41 am

You're off to a great start. You can do it!