Ziriziri's daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ziriziri

Ziriziri's daily check-in

Post by ziriziri » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:53 pm

Hello Nosdiet forum!

I am starting on this diet right now! Unfortunately, I had a cup of cocoa at my job a couple of hours ago, so today was kind of a failure - but the rest of the day will be a success! :D

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:44 pm

one cup of cocoa does not a fail make 8) carry on!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

ziriziri

Post by ziriziri » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Thanks Rawcookie! That's encouraging :D

Today one of my colleagues quit, so I had a small piece of very delicious chocolate cake for social reasons. And now I am going to a cabin in the mountains with my family where there might be temptations! My goal is to practice moderation.

But I am not snacking, which is my biggest weight loss issue!

knitapeace

Post by knitapeace » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:15 pm

There's no shame in adding one "NoS" at a time, if that works for you. Start with the one that's easiest, and build on it. For example, spend a few weeks establishing the habit of not going back for seconds. After that is established, start working on eliminating sweets, then snacks. Or in whatever order. Nothing wrong with walking before you run!
Everything I need, I already have.

ziriziri

Post by ziriziri » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:08 pm

Thanks knitapeace! I really appreciate the advice :D

My first three days of the NoS diet have actually been S days, due to social settings where sweets were served... But I have kept my sweets very moderate! I feel myself approaching food differently and much more relaxed since I discovered it. I think it's a great perspective!

ziriziri

Post by ziriziri » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:17 pm

SUCCESS!

ziriziri

Post by ziriziri » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Success day! I am baking a pie now for my colleague's birthday tomorrow though, so I'm kind of setting myself up for failure next day...

Merry

Post by Merry » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:22 am

Welcome!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

ziriziri

Post by ziriziri » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:48 am

Thanks Merry!