Habit Tracking

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

LillianO

Habit Tracking

Post by LillianO » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:09 am

Today is the first day of my No S Diet.

I'm aiming for a month of no red days but accept from the start (unlike other 'diets' I've been on) that if one or two red days appear, it's not the end of the world! This is a new habit I'm forming and there may be a few red days here and there because life happens. I will reassure myself that as long as I'm patient and persistent I can become consistent with this new habit and change my life overall.

I'm feeling so deeply grateful that I found your stuff Reinhard. WOW! is all I can say - so practical, sensible, helpful and doable.

I am truly grateful beyond words!
Lillian
Grateful beyond words

e-lyn

Post by e-lyn » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:16 am

Hi LillianO....welcome to the NoS forum! I'm looking forward to hearing how things go for you. You're right. Patience, persistence, and consistency are crucial. I'm still working on some of those. :D

Good luck on your NoS journey!

Merry

Post by Merry » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:54 am

Welcome! I hope you have a great first month. Let us know how we can support and encourage you !
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:05 am

Brilliant - welcome to the sane, relaxed world of normal eating :) and you're right, a few red days are no big deal!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

This_is_it

Re: Habit Tracking

Post by This_is_it » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:18 am

LillianO wrote:
I'm feeling so deeply grateful that I found your stuff Reinhard. WOW! is all I can say - so practical, sensible, helpful and doable.

I am truly grateful beyond words!
You are absolutely right, LillianO.
Good luck!