MerryKat Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MerryKat

MerryKat Check In

Post by MerryKat » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:57 am

Hello All

Whew! I honestly cannot remember when I last posted here. But I can honestly say that No S is still an integral part of my life.

This is my last check in which also links to all the past ones:
https://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopi ... highlight=

I slide into snacking every now and then - especially when faced with extreme stress - but that does not last long and then I find myself reverting back to No S.

No S is where I am comfortable and my body is happy and my health is at its best.

My scale broke in May and I have not gotten round to replacing it and the wonderful thing on No S is that I can feel from my clothing that my weight is stable (and perhaps even a little down).

My health issues mean that No Sugar is a permanent way of life and when I cheat on that rule I feel dreadful! A sugar hangover is WAY worse than an alcohol hangover!!!

I had to start going to a dietician in January this year and I was dreading going as I fully expected a battle over the 3 meals and no snacks! Much to my delighted surprise, she agreed 100% and the No S fits perfectly in with my plan from the dietician. All she wanted me to change was some of my carbs to make them more whole grain and real (all the things we know we should be doing)!

I have decided that I need to get back to another 21 days of compliance to reset my habits and today is day 1. Not sure if I will manage to post daily but will try and pop in weekly.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Have a blessed day.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Merry

Post by Merry » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:53 am

Welcome back! I hope your new diet plan goes well--glad it fits with NoS :-)
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

This_is_it

Post by This_is_it » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:10 am

Good luck!

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:01 am

Hi MerryKat, The link to your previous NoS experience was very interesting. Thanks for posting.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:34 am

Thanks for the welcome back.

I just realised that today is my 11 year Anniversary of No S and I love it even more today than I did when I first found it.

For me No S has now become such a normal part of life that even when I don't think about it I end up doing it.

I have been through and incredibly difficult 9 months at work which caused extreme stress. However the most stressful days were the ones where I gave in and snacked! I had many, many red days over the last few 9 months but it was usually only a couple of days at a time before I would shake myself right and go back to green.

I know I have been away from the boards and that was purely a time issue but I have still been following No S!

It is my life now and I am comfortable in it with No S.

I am hoping over the next few weeks to do away with the odd red days and get back to slowly losing. I have maintained pretty well for most of this year.

I am trying to follow the dietician plan but I am not imposing it on myself or my family. No S is first and then where I can I try to chose the healthier options for me and my situation without being ridiculous. I am not prepared to end up back on a diet plan!

:D I have just read my first post above and what I have just typed and they are very similar - obviously my brain & body are stuck on No S!!!

Have a blessed weekend.
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:19 pm

MerryKat wrote:I just realized that today is my 11 year Anniversary of No S and I love it even more today than I did when I first found it.
Wow, Congratulations!!!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:29 am

Whew, busy few weeks.

Going well on No S, still the odd snacking red but better than earlier in the year so not stressing too much.

Had hormonal issues I have been trying to sort out, seem to have found a solution for now, which is making me feel better, lets tired and foggy and more focused. Other side effect is I have lost waterweight and my clothing is all fitting much better.

I bought a new scale this week and was sad to see it says I am up 2 kg from when I weighted in May before my scale broke.

But if I am honest I know that June / July I had gained due to stress and not following No S properly so this is probably actually down on where I would have been a month ago.

Nice to have a number again to track - my one habit I can't kick, love my records and graphs!

Can't wait 2 days and then we are off camping in the Kruger National Park for 9 days! Always an awesome break and a refreshing holiday.

If I don't chat with you before I go have another great couple of weeks and catch up when I am back.