Gina's Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MysteryLover

Gina's Check-In

Post by MysteryLover » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:51 pm

Yesterday marked one full week of being back on NoS (yes, again!). Why I ever strayed I'll never know, but hoping this finally marks the beginning of forever.

Had one red day & I was bedridden sick, so I'll forgive myself. Down 2.2. Only 39 more to go - LOL :lol:

Was also going to start tracking my exercise, but being sick for 4 days really messed that up. From today on, I plan on 14 minutes of anything. Possibly 45 minutes of Zumba tonight if my brother's birthday plans don't interfere.

Which brings me to my main worry: I have yet to be challenged by impromptu food gatherings with friends. Which has always been hard for me. When this occurs on S days, no worries. Hoping to build up some solid habits before I face this issue.

PS: hoping that by creating this check-in, I'll be able to hold myself more accountable.
--Gina (a.k.a MysteryLover)
03/01/2017: 195.2
Current: 174.6
Goal: 145.0

Anna from KC

Post by Anna from KC » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:14 am

Hi! So nice you are back...and it sounds like you have a good start. I joined the same year as you and recently returned also. I will be looking for your posts. :)

Mystery Lover-does that refer to books?
Nothing is more important for the
public weal than to form and train
up youth in wisdom and virtue.
Ben Franklin