Halloween check in for Alllisonmeg

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Allisonmeg

Halloween check in for Alllisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:02 pm

It's been a while since I've been on and I've gained 6+lbs since my last check-in, putting me at an all time high of 151.8 (non-pregnancy weight). I am back to listening to NoS podcasts instead of audiobooks. I've been totally out of control snacking and eating well over 2000 calories day. I stopped exercising at the beginning of October because my knee was hurting too much. But honestly I was burning out and glad for the excuse. I started back to working out these last two days after seeing the horrible scale. I'm starting baby steps back again. I am such a natural snacker that the first couple of weeks will be an hourly struggle. I'm doing a test run today even though it's Sunday and it's going well, just because my weight is so disgusting me. I can remember for so many years thinking if I ever got over 130 I'd have a heart attack! I'm trying out a supplement called Glucomannan that's a filler/ fiber. I even bought Hydroxycut which means I'm really freaking out!! I don't think either will do anything because my snacking is a bad habit like smoking. It's just something I do if I'm bored, upset, excited or ANYTHING. Breaking the habit is the only thing I really need to change.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:44 am

152.6 :shock:

Merry

Post by Merry » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:46 am

Hi Allisonmeg,

Good for you for recognizing the snacking habit and recognizing some of the triggers (bored, upset etc...) Maybe you could list out some things that you can do instead to help you through some of those times? (There's been many a day that a cup of tea has gotten me through).

Don't worry about the scale for now--just focus on getting habits down. Daily fluctuations are normal even if you are doing everything right. I know it's hard at times, but don't be hard on yourself over this--weight doesn't define your value :-). Hang in there!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:35 pm

Good morning! I'm ready to start. I had nuts with a protein bar this morning. We're going out for a veggie pita for lunch, so I only have to get through not going in the kitchen this morning--with fresh Granny's donuts in there. I plan on eating Brussel sprouts again this evening. We went out last night and I had bloody marys; that sort of felt like snacking because they were so thick and spicy and I imagine, a lot of calories. But my first Sunday practice day was an overall success. The kids are out of school today and all hyped up for Halloween. I already know today will be hard not to snack. I may have to hop back on here a couple of times to get me through![/i]

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks Merry! I am a big tea drinker myself and I will definitely come up with a list of other things I can do. I so appreciate your support and any words of wisdom you all have.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:23 pm

All went well today until I just finished dinner. Then I went in for that last half a donut sitting all alone in the big box. :shock: Otherwise just had a hard time not snacking around 2pm today. I read through posts on here to occupy my hands. Then went and did some cardio.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:32 am

151.0 this morning. I ate a cup of nuts for breakfast at 4 am so I imagine this morning will be hard not to snack. I just have to get that number out of the 5s and I will start calming down.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:31 pm

Late last night I ate 3 pieces of Halloween candy after I got mad and yelled at my husband (Have done that maybe 5 times in 18 yrs). And I had a good day all day yesterday too, so that sucks. Anyway today is a hard day. I keep having urge to snack all day and pretty much want day to be over! In limbo whether going out tonight for World Series

ModBod

Post by ModBod » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:02 am

Hey Allisonmeg, did you make it through?! Some days are definitely harder than others! Keep going!
I'm looking to lose about 12lbs...
31.09: 65.7kg/144.8lbs, BMI-25.7!
14.10: 64.9kg/143lbs, BMI - 25.4!

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:55 am

Thanks for the encouragement ModBod....I made it through!! Thankfully we didn't go out so I had my nighttime tea, and earlier when I was snacky I had a cup of broth with hot sauce. Back to barely seeing a 4 for the second number, so that's relieving and encouraging. Hubby made chili last night so I actually had a bowl for breakfast which I think will be hearty enough not to get snacky midmorning. I also have to start working more to stop sampling dinner as I cook it and counting that as my meal.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:35 pm

It's Friday and I almost made it through the week with no big mess ups. So I had a bite of my son's Oreo Flurry from a place we'd never been before (and had giant chunks of cookie) and then I finished the last couple of bites. Because I had done that, I then ate a peppermint striped cookie when I got home. My big fear now is that I won't mark it and move on but just continue to eat with abandon because I screwed up. I'm on here now to write down how stupid that sounds, like someone else is controlling my actions. So I ate a sweet, I get a red dot, but I'm pulling myself back on the wagon to make the rest of the day green. That is my goal :!:

Jen1974

Post by Jen1974 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:27 pm

I have done the same thing, many many times!! The "what the hell". I think the best thing I did with No S is I started rating my fails. SF is a tiny oops. It won't make much difference at all. Fail is a bit bigger, but doesn't really set me back. Then there is Epic Fail. They are the ones on my calendar I hate the most & pretty much don't want them so much that I almost always stop myself short of going there. By learning to fail small it made a HUGE difference in getting to my goal weight. Before I would have these huge fails that would set me back where I basically had to have a bunch of N days just to make up for a what the hell day. I'd rather use my N days to move in the right direction (:

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:17 pm

I have a system similar to that too! I put green frogs on success days and a green and yellow worm on little slip up days. Yesterday will be a big RED DOT. We ended up going out last night instead of tonight so it all worked out to just have a gazillion calories on Friday. I am just having a normal N day today. Even with HOT Krispy Kreme donuts sitting on the counter, I have strong resolve and don't feel the slightest bit tempted.[/u]

bunsofaluminum

Post by bunsofaluminum » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:33 pm

well, you are in the right place...which I'm sure you know...for bringing that snack bad habit under control. :) and it looks like you're doing some tallying, with that cute frog/worm marking system ;)

It helps so much to see it in a graphic format.

Jen1974

Post by Jen1974 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:35 pm

Hot Krispy Kreme are my NEMESIS!! And somehow if I start my morning off with one the rest of my day seems to not go as well. They start a domino effect & make me hungrier the entire day LOL!!

Good job resisting them. I have S events starting Friday & ending Sunday. Friday night always feels like the start of my weekend (:

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:44 pm

I love the idea of a Friday night, not only because I'm ready for a new week to start by Sunday, but because chances are decently good that we'll go out. I'm planning a pretty much N day tomorrow anyway. The scale has not changed this week, which is still better than going up. I got all my working out in. So this upcoming week I need to work on really knocking out the sweets, sitting down to eat and not snacking on the family dinner as I make it. This past week, I think my biggest weakness was ice cream. Occasionally the Halloween baskets tempted me. My breakfast needs to be more concise as well. I'm going to go back and read my 2 other older blogs and see what I learn!

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:07 pm

Sunday, and day 2 of the Krispy Kreme saga. Because we were driving our new car around yesterday morning and found the KK, my husband wanted to take the kids there this morning to show them the donut making. Sooooo we ended up with another box today, and this time they were calling me! I had the leftovers of my kids' which probably equaled one to one and a half donuts. It IS an S day, but I was trying to N is, so whether it's a pass or fail today, I'm not sure. Going in the books as yellow. Having Brussel sprouts for dinner now. Calorie wise it was ok, but the scale is horrible. I really have to get my head in the game and have a good second week.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:44 pm

Feeling good on Monday! Positive I can make this day a success.
Last edited by Allisonmeg on Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:52 pm

Today started off really positive, but I am having trouble shaking the urge to eat all through making dinner. Something in the afternoon hours really gives me an out of control feeling. So I guess it was a success that I've eaten 3 meals today, just think the calories may be high and don't like the anxious feeling I get

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:19 pm

147.6 on scale. I can't believe that's what it's come to to be a good number, but it's not in the 50s anymore and I didn't cheat (with a water pill) to get it. 139 would be wonderful but if I can keep this downward trend going on, I will be ecstatic! It was a struggle every single day these past 8 days. I think that's proof right there that this is where I need to be. Ever since I was in the anorexic days, my mind or body won't let me do it to myself. It's like I permanently ruined my moderation gene. I know everyone says not to look at the numbers but I'm so scared OF the numbers that it's facing a fear to get on the scale at this point. And writing it down when I hate it so much helps me out. I was a flight attendant from age 19 to 32 and came from a time when we still had to weigh in. And the scale sat right out where anyone could see when the coordinator checked. So numbers are ingrained in my head. Even though my friends and I were in the low 120s, we would put rocks in combat boots and go to the diet doc around the corner to get Fen-Phen. We smoked like fiends not to eat too. Anyway I started today off with a bowl of oatmeal and I am really hoping for a day that isn't so hard to get through. :o

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:42 am

Today ended up being a RED DOT day :cry: The kids were out of school so we took them to Mexican. So in the stress of thinking of the chip basket, I totally ate two pieces of bread right before we left. Still ate the chips too. And then tonight I ate one of my daughter's cookies she made just to sink the red dot in!

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:24 pm

I started with oatmeal again. Loving that it's the season that doesn't make me hot flash having a bowl! Anyway Greek for lunch today so the day is planned out nicely up until the afternoon. I think whether I'm hungry or not I'll have Brussel sprouts while I fix dinner for the kids. Hubby leaves for work tomorrow after a MONTH off, so I'm very curious to see if I rock out the 4 days he's away. No going out to lunch, BUT probably not leaving the house too much either. So lesson learned from yesterday....I stressed out going out to lunch with family and I stressed out last night that we'd have to go to an election party with people I don't know (which didn't happen). I must come up with something besides eating when I feel anxious. Suggestions are welcome!

Jen1974

Post by Jen1974 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:06 pm

I walk. Even a 10 minute walk can get rid of my desire to eat, especially when I want to eat for reasons other than hunger (it can even reduce my appetite enough for my next meal when I am hungry though). (: it's almost magical how many times I come back & no longer need to have whatever it was I wanted (:

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:30 pm

Yesterday the Brussel sprouts totally worked. I wasn't even hungry when I ate them before I made the kids meal. At the time it seemed odd to eat them without really wanting them, but that's what I do all through dinner preparation anyway. I stayed full, had tea later with no problem. Today I had nuts for breakfast, an early bowl of chili for lunch, and I'm going to try the Brussel sprouts again for dinner. I cover them in soy and hot sauce and even though I don't love them, they really satiate me. The nuts in the morning was not nearly as good as the oatmeal for keeping me non-snacky feeling, so back to oatmeal for sure.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:34 pm

I'm getting a little better at this, slowly but surely! Oatmeal for breakfast, planning on soup or chowder for lunch, a flavored coffee, and probably just stick with the Brussel sprouts for another day at dinner. Yesterday was a great victory for me. I can't explain the whys, but I was afraid with my husband leaving for work after so long off, that I'd have some kind of snack attack the second his plane took off. Luckily it didn't and I stayed feeling mostly in control. I went and worked out when I was getting antsy. Have kept up another successful week of cardio even with the bum knee, yay!

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:37 pm

This S day is off to a "gone wild" by 11 am. Went grocery shopping and put groceries away while the Brussel sprouts cooked. In that 10 minutes, I had two ice cream cones, half a donut, a bite of cookie dough plus some other little bites of stuff lying around. So since I'm counting calories today....I'm already out!!! And I feel stuffed and gross too. I know this is my normal behavior the first couple of weekends of S. But I'd like that to be an S event and not something I repeat today. The scale is gross, stomach looks 5 months pregnant, all in all just a depressing fat week :(

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:01 pm

Ok that last post ended way too down. Let me look on the bright side. I ate the exact same amount at breakfast as I did for lunch today. It just felt like more because I knew it was "bad" food (well not the Brussel sprouts). My two cones were flat on top, not like some giant serving of ice cream. I can easily eat a very light dinner and actually have had a successful S day, having had dessert at lunch. I can really get some housework done without thinking of what I'll eat since I'm stuffed. I'll work out before church, give all the boys a bath. I'll get Happy Meals after church so I don't have to do anything in the kitchen tonight. I made it through yesterday.

Merry

Post by Merry » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:42 am

I think we all have had some wild S days at times. They tame down over time.

I'm curious about the Brussels Sprouts--I wonder if you focused on having things you really enjoy for meals instead of something you sort-of like but think is healthy, if that would help your overall habits even out a bit. Just a thought.
Respect Moderation

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:10 am

Real quick, Sunday was just a nice even keeled S day. An ice cream cone and a muffin as today's treat.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:40 pm

Today is kind of tricky with a fresh big pot of chili sitting out! Had oatmeal for breakfast and chili for lunch AND dinner. The problem is I ate dinner so early, (but also before making kids dinner and therefore not snacking through it) that I'm worried about getting snacky tonight. If that happens I'll have a broth before my nighttime tea. 150 for the weekly weigh-in, ugh :roll:

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:37 pm

Didn't make it, red dot day. It started off questionable with the extra bites of chili from the pot, then picked the crunchy stuff that fell off the chicken I made for kids. Then ate bites of a cut up pear. And finally just because I was still justifying, I ate whoppers and m&ms sitting in the Halloween bowl while helping with homework. So what I've learned from today: I started off wrong because my lunch plans fell through and I couldn't leave the pot of chili alone. I need to put the bowl of Halloween candy upstairs. I didn't even want it. I just wanted to put down a clear red dot, which is totally ridiculous.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:22 pm

As the scale climbs I vow to make today a VERY clear No S GREEN day. After a red dot yesterday I will not have another today. I put the Halloween candy away and the pot of chili, which is much smaller, is safely in the fridge! Putting the fiber away too.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:32 pm

Yesterday was an easy green day. I think today will be too. A firm lunch plan always helps. I'm not taking any fiber because I have decided I WANT to feel hungry. I have gotten so nervous to feel the slightest bit hungry in the past few years and I think this might be part of a great new habit to implement.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:36 pm

I was actually hungry before lunch yesterday. It was SO hard when my husband started eating nuts around 10am, I wanted some so so bad. I held out though and super enjoyed my falafel pita. Things went well but I had a hard time not eating the chocolate pudding pie I made. I am left to wonder if I do this to myself subconsciously. Like did I really make that pie for dessert because I thought the pantry needed room for Thanksgiving items? That's what I told myself. And last week when I went nuts on the ice cream. Well I bought it at the store by myself. No one asked for it. If it wasn't there, no one would miss it. I put the Halloween candy away and never thought of it again. In other words, if I don't put it out I don't miss it. My husband always buys cookies and sweets and that's enough temptation for me. I don't need to purposely bring it into view on my own.

Merry

Post by Merry » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:06 am

LOL, Thanksgiving baking is starting to call to me too...iced pumpkin cookies (or pumpkin chocolate chip).

But a falafel pita sounds pretty awesome--haven't had one in such a long time!
Respect Moderation

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:27 pm

FENCE AROUND THE DIET day. I am finally starting to get in the groove, but had to brush up on the Fence Around the Law and Strictness podcast. I seem to always go back to those because it's very simple but I am always nudging my way too close to the fence. Today I am planning ahead and making sure there are no gray lines at dinner.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Sooooo, the fence was unlocked yesterday and there were definite grays areas. I had my usual Brussel sprouts for dinner while making kids food. Ending up "sampling" the rice as I made it AND tasting the orange chicken. I didn't count it as a fail because I knew the second I did, I'd be hitting the ice cream. Today is Saturday but I will try to keep it N because I had a red dot day this week already. Already off to a bad start with early breakfast (of oatmeal) ,and made biscuits and sausage for kids. So of course that means I had a super early lunch of sausage biscuits. That or I snacked so I'm calling it lunch. Ugh I'm ready for a new week that I hope will get easier

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:16 am

Yay I succeeded on Saturday (even after my early lunch), got all my workouts in this week, and the scale has a tiny bit of hope!!!

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Finally having my S day ice cream cone at 10 am! Hopefully I'm strong enough not to go wild today!

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:46 pm

I had a nice mellow S day on Sunday but have earned myself a red dot today due to a few sneaky bites of my son's cookies n cream ice cream. Hubby got it for him at a Hershey stand after preschool. He didn't want it and it sat there melting on the counter. I took a few bites before getting rid of it. Then since I did that, I ate 2 pieces of bread and butter I deemed as dinner, even though it was less than 3 hours ago I had a falafel pita. So even though it WILL be my dinner I thought I'd come confess on here rather than justify it in my brain!

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:11 pm

Geez this Thanksgiving week is a tough one. Scale is bad.... My oldest daughter just weighed less than me at her postpartum exam! Even today (after a red dot yesterday) has been kind of iffy with popcorn (the holiday kind with 3 flavors in a tin) as dinner. Have to be strong because going to start making all the pies, fluff etc. tonight or tomorrow morning.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:18 pm

Ok it's baking day! Yesterday worked out because I didn't eat anything else. I would like to have Thanksgiving be kind of a green day and have pie for dessert. Like I really don't want an out of control S day where I eat too much that I'm not hungry for Thanksgiving--which is what ALWAYS happens.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:29 pm

I did pretty well in the morning but started sampling everything I was making. So I did exactly the same thing I do every year, plus went back in for pumpkin cheesecake again last night. Today I'm ready for the most vanilla N day ever. I feel really ready to get the scale going down. It's like the build up of Thanksgiving is over and I feel like I can actually focus on making this work now. My physical is February 21st and I want to get to a non overweight status by then.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:42 pm

I had a stellar Friday up until the uncut pumpkin pie was pulled out of the fridge at dinner. So it was a very green day and then I had one piece of pie. Marked it for red on the November challenge and green with a devil on my personal calendar. My dismal mood is finally lifting and though the scale isn't down, my stomach is not nearly as bloated.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:33 pm

Had a perfect day yesterday! I've started reading a book called The Little Book of Big Change, The no-willpower approach to breaking any habit. Enjoying it so far and is giving me some good insight.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:37 am

Another good day today as far as eating. Spat with hubby this morning so I've noticed a bigger urge to snack BUT did not give into it...yay!!! Gone from reading to listening to this book on Audible and I am definitely getting some good insight. Oh I also had a completely green weekend. After Thanksgiving it just felt like the right thing to do. Anyway I don't know if it was just getting through Thanksgiving but no S all of a sudden got much easier :D.

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:33 am

Well done! That book sounds like it would be interesting - how does it line up with No-S?

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:20 pm

Great complement with No-S. Basically it's about taking the power out of an urge by changing your way of thinking about thinking!

So today has been good through the afternoon. I did take a bite of the ziti (I made for the family) while I was having my homemade vegetable soup. No biggie, but now that I'm a month into this I want to get stricter on Sampling things.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:00 am

Another successful day. I just need to work on dinner not being Samples!

Merry

Post by Merry » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:03 am

congrats on another successful day! You'll have to post about some of your insights from the other book from time to time. Sounds interesting.
Respect Moderation

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:01 pm

Today I took a bath while I had the house to myself, a first for both as long as I can remember! When my son got out of preschool he asked for a Mcflurry so I got a salad to eat at home. Also a rarity because I didn't eat lunch at 11 on the dot. Anyway we all know that for some reason these Mcflurries seem to always do me in (especially since he never actually eats them). Well this is kind of a victory because I paused. I licked his spoon off, and in that instant was that urge. I paused and put it in the freezer, made a cup of broth and got on here. And the urge has passed. I think I'm going to throw it out actually, hang on.
Ok down the garbage disposal which isn't me for a change :D I have conquered my first Mcflurry!

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:45 pm

This morning's S day has already gotten off to a rude start. I forgot to have my oatmeal ready to go. I always get it ready the night before or I'll eat whatever's in front of me. Well what was in front of me were the homemade chocolate chunk cookies my daughter made last night. I ate 3 or 4 while my husband was on the phone telling me I'd probably have to drive 2 hours to pick him up. And last night I was marveling at how I didn't even have the desire for the cookies and how in the past I would've just eaten them without a thought. So that is all exactly what I did... without pausing, thinking or slightly going against my urge. Though this is an S day, what my goal WAS was to have a deserved dessert, not aimless eating. My goal now is to get over it and continue this day with two more meals.
Also it did not help that I thought my stomach was feeling flatter today and decided to hop on scale, to see no change at all.
It also is not helping that my husband is talking all about getting the 4-sided turbo crust pizza at Jet's when he gets home today. I once again have to say I DON'T like these S days :shock:

Jen1974

Post by Jen1974 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:12 pm

Stop beating yourself up! Days where you take your foot off the pedal & relax a bit are the reason that will make it so you can do this long term!! It's a lot easier to say no to cookies when you know you can have later so be proud that you didn't during the week and try to enjoy your S day (:

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:00 pm

Thank you Jen1974, how true!! Since I read your post, I have totally lightened up today and just snacked on little things I wanted through the week. The day isn't over but I do know you're right, this is the reason long term will work. I deserve this at the end of this week. PLUS I No S'd through last weekend after 2 days of Thanksgiving. So after 7 days on, I def did need this.

Merry

Post by Merry » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:04 am

Look at you, tossing Mcflurries, saying no to cookies on N days...way to exercise those self-control muscles! I agree with Jen, don't sweat the S-day stuff. These get better in time but don't need to be perfect (and something like an occasional off breakfast reminds me of how I prefer to eat too--not because I *have to* on S days but because I feel better.)

Enjoy your weekend :-)
Respect Moderation

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Aww Merry thank you. You guys are really helping me along!I had an S-filled Sunday, ate like I used to eat every single day of my life. I really see the importance of S days once I'm through them. On Monday, like today, I get an excited feeling to get back to No S, yet the fear that after the weekend, I'll just keep eating like that (though that has yet to happen). Had my usual oatmeal for breakfast, the cookies sitting on the counter that I snacked on all weekend are back to seeming like a backdrop. So weird how that works! Not weighing myself BUT my ring that I haven't been able to get off for months slid off. It's all red and raw underneath. That has to mean something's happening!

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:20 pm

Monday was ok as far as No S but really calorie heavy. Went out to lunch AND had a Rueben for dinner. Today my hubby and I already ate leftover ruebens for a very early lunch.

Merry

Post by Merry » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:04 am

Allisonmeg wrote: my ring that I haven't been able to get off for months slid off. It's all red and raw underneath. That has to mean something's happening!
Yes! (and ouch! Hope your finger is okay!)
Respect Moderation

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:28 pm

Another mostly easy day with oatmeal and Greek again. Dinner still needs to be worked on. BUT I made a fresh bread and did NOT eat it!! That has been a fail several times (when it's finished baking after I've eaten). I've gotten all green days for M-W but I know I've eaten way too much.
Well I just hopped back on to say it's actually not ending up that easy. 2 kids crying, one snowglobe broken all over kitchen floor, putting decorations up. Other kids left for faith formation with dh and I am on here so I don't eat the chocolate marbles that dh got from India!

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:00 pm

Today is a white-knuckle kind of day. I've had oatmeal for breakfast, a Mcdonald's salad for lunch. I've been chewing gum like crazy and I'm drinking broth now in the afternoon. I have wanted to eat the pastry that my husband brought home since last night. I have craved the deluxe nuts, the mini pies, holiday cookies, and especially wanted the rest of my son's sausage biscuit. I gave it to the dog and put the pastry and cookies in the pantry to stop looking at them.
So I'm going to start on dinner for the kids next and stay as resolved as I've been thus far. I'd love to get an all green week but just thinking about today for now. I'm making breakfast for dinner, but I'm seriously considering not making the blueberry muffins. It seems like an obvious temptation from batter till buttering, till the leftovers sit on the counter the rest of the night.

Merry

Post by Merry » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:30 am

Hang in there! I hope your week DOES turn out green :-). Maybe next time, go for the sausage biscuit instead of the salad at McDonalds. You wouldn't want a steady diet of them if you go there a lot, but it would be okay sometimes. I get salads when I'm hungry for one--and something else if I'm not hungry for one!

Saturday is coming, and your treats will be deserved and enjoyed then :-).
Respect Moderation

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:45 pm

Today is Friday, still struggling a little today but not as bad as yesterday. Having soup with crackers now. Hubby still on a trip and everybody at school so I took the time to wrap presents. I kept feeling like snacking for no other reason than procrastination. I also just threw out the giant tin of toffee peanuts and my mouth was actually watering as they fell into the coffee grinds! Progress for sure!

And thank you Mary, I love when you stop by!! :D

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:03 pm

Today I found that cleaning out the pantry is perfect for an S day. I sampled everything before keeping or throwing things out. My 'go back to' on S days seems to be calorie counting to 2000. I ate a piece of fudge my next door neighbor brought over (this past week)...I was on it as soon as I got up this morning. I also had a few bite of ice cream when making cones for boys but wasn't doing it for me (yay). But basically my lunch was bites of questionably stale pantry items: triscuit, Ritz, wheat thins, nuts, biscoff, Fritos, pita chips, sugar-free cookies, cereal, gummy fruit.
Sounds like a ton I know, but I'm good with it because it was actually not out of control like the last S days. And got that snacking bug out of my system. Just one or two of all but Ritz (which I had 5 of) and nuts (which I went back for a handful) Drinking winter spice tea now, already worked out and going to have Brussel sprouts before church.

Update, out of control after all...cashews, fritos, and of course the last third of an oreo Mcflurry. What an awful eating day. So once again...I can't wait for it NOT to be an S day!
Last edited by Allisonmeg on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:29 pm

Another 2100 calorie S day at only 1pm. I really think this S day sets me up for a 2 day binge. I totally understand how it eventually will work, but I'm not sure my mentality can keep up. I will never lose weight if I keep eating this way on the weekend. I would like S day to be an event, but something in my mind just dismisses that thought the second I wake up on the weekend. I see how I'm starting to stay on track during the week so I know that's a sure step in the right direction.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:48 am

Yay finally Monday! I'm so ready for an N day. The shortbread cookies sitting out are back to off limits. We'll have our usual Greek for lunch so the first half of the day should be easy.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Made it through Monday, but it was kind of hard. Had "dinner" at 2 while making meatball subs for family. Didn't eat again but wish I could break this early fake dinner habit. I'm not working on it until this first phase gets easier. 2 kids home throwing up today, so kind of snacky just sitting around holding buckets and escorting to bathroom. Oatmeal for breakfast, tomato soup/crackers and nuts for lunch. No change on scale.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:55 pm

Easy day so far today because we had a 5 hour preschool special day. Went shopping, visited parents, and ate at a different Greek place. Tuesday's dinner was polish sausage and then yogurt because nothing else sounded good.

Merry

Post by Merry » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:02 am

Aw, sorry your kiddos are sick, I always hated to see mine sick. Hope they are feeling better soon!
Respect Moderation

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:26 pm

Ok here we go for S day! I plan on the S event I had to be my only excursion today. My youngest turned 4 and my daughter made him a homemade carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Normally I would skirt around it and then keep evening the cake up and taking little bites, therefore eating way more than one piece yet not actually have a piece. Today I had a cut piece like a normal person!! I also had the confetti pancakes we made for him with sugar free syrup instead of my oatmeal. I feel like this can be the kind of S day I've been waiting for. Also for good news, the scale has been 149 the last two days so I finally cracked the 4s, yayyyyyy! My plan for the rest of the day is not to snack but continue to eat two more meals. Finally nailed 21 days!

3lbs down, 10 to go
Last edited by Allisonmeg on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Let's see, for the rest of Saturday I had several more bite of cake after lunch and then ate Chinese for dinner after church. It wasn't too bad for an S day. Today has taken a turn to slightly getting wild. Had cheese Danish for breakfast. Had a giant fat cookie that looked like a Doubletree around lunch, then had 2 cup of soup packets. Here's where I just now went astray: Came home from coffee and had 2 handfuls of nuts. Then ate 2 bites of the cheese Danish, the boys wanted ice cream cones so I made those and had many sample bites to finish the container. Then youngest, of course, didn't finish his so I ate it. Oh and they had yogurt and honey, which I also sampled quite a bit of. Let's see, then ate 2 ginger snap cookies. I think that's it, but it was a little binge-ly feeling at the time. Hopped on here to give me a firm stop. Done for the day and going to work out, even though I usually don't on Sunday!
Update: worked out and almost bedtime, did not eat anything else.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:18 pm

Oatmeal for breakfast, greek for lunch, sweet potato puffs and a fish stick for dinner. There was a melting Oreo ice cream I was putting away just from store, son saw it and wanted a cone. I wanted it desperately but did not give in! So good food day, bad husband day :cry:

hkgscorpio

Post by hkgscorpio » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:04 am

Allisonmeg wrote:Oatmeal for breakfast, greek for lunch, sweet potato puffs and a fish stick for dinner. There was a melting Oreo ice cream I was putting away just from store, son saw it and wanted a cone. I wanted it desperately but did not give in! So good food day, bad husband day :cry:
Congrats on not giving into the oreo cone!! I have a 20 month old and food life was so much easier when I didn't have to feed another person 4 times a day. ..

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:53 am

Boooo a red dot at the end! Our town just had the Grand Opening of Bojangles and they were giving free food. So I ended up snacking on my kids' meals there and then started again with all the food we brought home. To polish up that red dot, I pulled off a piece of pumpkin cheese Danish and ate that. The good news is I stopped there and didn't eat anything else.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:19 pm

RED DOT again, dang it. I was putting white chocolate peppermint pretzel crisps in a holiday container and took a tiny little bite, came back and snuck the rest of it. Then just proceeded to eat a bunch of them. I hate this happening at noon because the rest of the day, I'm generally like, well I already messed up, just keep eating.

hkgscorpio

Post by hkgscorpio » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:03 pm

Allisonmeg wrote:RED DOT again, dang it. I was putting white chocolate peppermint pretzel crisps in a holiday container and took a tiny little bite, came back and snuck the rest of it. Then just proceeded to eat a bunch of them. I hate this happening at noon because the rest of the day, I'm generally like, well I already messed up, just keep eating.
Hi! I go through that too. today was green, and then at whole foods they were sampling cookies and chocolate...i'm not sure if samples count as snacks, but it's SO hard to say no to free food. But you have to remember even if the day is 'light green' or you mostly stuck to it, that's great work! Today I am feeling out of it and didn't have enough at lunch, so I snuck a clementine for a snack. I think if you at least try to snack healthy it doesn't lead as much to an 'i messed up the day is a wash' mentality. Holidays are hard...

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:05 am

Hey Scorpio Thanks for your support, it's hard!

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:11 am

I've been missing for a couple of days because I caught that stomach bug that has been going around our family. It was a doozy, haven't been sick like that for a long time.
Anyway I have to go back to the peppermint pretzel day because it was a SUCCESSFUL red dot!!! Meaning I got right back on track and did not give into the WTH, yay me! Possibly a first.
Anyway did not eat a thing yesterday and have just been starting to eat crackers, soup, stuff like that, so I'm just counting it as an S Sick day.
We're changing things up and having dinner on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day. My plan on this S day is to follow the rules and plan for a cheesecake at the end.

Merry

Post by Merry » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:19 am

Ugh, I hate the stomach flu. Hope you are feeling 100% soon!
Respect Moderation

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:55 pm

I am sooooo happy Christmas fell on an S weekend. I cannot even begin to tell you how much I ate. Must be an all time record, but it kind of felt like a double S weekend :lol: so I just enjoyed it . Lasagna, cheesecake, peanut m&ms, sausage biscuits, tons of some sort of Italian puff pastry cookies. Mario's pizza last night and so on. Back to it tomorrow and counting on a successful week!

Merry

Post by Merry » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:36 am

Merry Christmas!
Respect Moderation

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:58 pm

Thank you Merry, I hope you had a MERRY Christmas as well!!

Today turned into a red dot day. Kept sneaking licks of every piece of cheesecake I served, evening sides up...that kind of thing. Grazed through both lunch and dinner. The last two kids got the stomach bug so our official Christmas dinner never happened. I'm disappointed over the fail, scale didn't change for the worse yet though.

Merry

Post by Merry » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:17 am

Allisonmeg wrote:Thank you Merry, I hope you had a MERRY Christmas as well!!

Today turned into a red dot day. Kept sneaking licks of every piece of cheesecake I served, evening sides up...that kind of thing. Grazed through both lunch and dinner. The last two kids got the stomach bug so our official Christmas dinner never happened. I'm disappointed over the fail, scale didn't change for the worse yet though.
Sorry your kids are sick and you didn't have Christmas dinner. I hope they feel better soon. Don't worry about the red day--mark it and move on as they say!
Respect Moderation

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:05 pm

Started with oatmeal this morning, which is the second day it's not tasting good to me. I hate when oatmeal goes out! I am determined to get a green today.
Update: hubby and I were planning on early lunch, but with all the kids home, by 1pm I couldn't hold off any longer and had a cup of deluxe nuts. We didn't eat until an hour or two later. Anyway it's evening now and I'm still stuffed. So I'm making a ruling that the nuts were lunch and Greek was early dinner.
Also I did lick off the pie knife when I cut a piece of cheesecake for my daughter.
So it's a kind of sketchy day but I don't feel exactly like I deserve a red dot. Thankfully we only have cheesecake twice a year! (And that it's finally almost gone).

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:07 pm

Just keep getting the red dots.
We took all the boys out after the Star Wars movie and I just had a garden salad. Then ate 2 bit of honey candies in car while husband was out getting gas. Like just being sneaky because I felt gipped with my dinner. So got home and daughter had made homemade bran muffins which I ate two of, then polished off the last 3 bites of my son's cereal.
I don't know if it's the kids being home throwing me off routine or the holiday food in general. I was having a hard time of not snacking today, and I was totally not hungry. I was getting stressed out over taking the youngest to the movie (which he was as bad as I expected). Even now at the end of the day, I still feel the same way.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:04 pm

I have written a giant long post 3 times in a row and it keeps getting deleted. So here's the highlights:

This is the last Halloween post so I can start a new 2017 blog.

Yet another red dot yesterday after an overzealous time at the Chucky E Cheese pizza buffet. And spritz cookies that I reasoned did not have sugar but just Splenda so could count as "dinner". I need this Christmas food to be OUT of here and my routine back.

Right back to starting weight when I started in October.
Last edited by Allisonmeg on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allisonmeg

Post by Allisonmeg » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:05 pm

Shocking I know that I am ending this year with a final red dot. I knew it as soon as I got up. It seemed very what the heckish after this red dot week. I actually had 3 official meals, it's just that the third one was the Splenda spritz cookies again. I am off to work them off!