Chanda's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ChandaLikePanda

Chanda's Daily Check In

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:48 am

Hello! I just read about this diet. It sounds great, nice and simple, no calorie counting or restriction of foods. I've tried A LOT of other diets over the years and I'm pretty sick of dieting.

Since I am starting on an S day I won't record any food, I'll start that on Monday.

I'm really looking forward to this!

Height: 5'4"
Starting Weight: 180
Current Weight: 180
Goal Weight: Ultimately 120, but we'll see what happens.

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:53 am

Hello and welcome. This is a wonderful lifestyle and I think you'll really enjoy it. Just to be clear: you're not required too post your food here. People do it because they find it helpful but you can use the boards in whatever fashion is most useful to you. Good luck in your adventure.

splandrea

Post by splandrea » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:09 pm

My favorite thing about no s is that I am not required to track food at all!
LOL!

Anyway, welcome! This is essentially the most brilliant weight loss strategy ever because it trains you to eat normally so you don't have to regain the weight you lose, and it isn't really restrictive. Plus, you never have to count anything ever again. My biggest issue is the slow weight loss, but I know that this is the only way to get down and stay down forever. :)
07/01/17: 258
Current: 238
Aiming for 180. We shall see...

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Thank you, ladies, for the warm welcome! :)

So this is day one for me, not quite over. I've been reading through the posts and seeing how everyone handles their habits and such. I feel a bit free since I am starting on an S day, Sunday... I feel inclined to post what I ate, just to sort of keep a record of what works for me and what doesn't. I work four days a week, Tuesday through Friday, and the other three I am off and at home with my three little boys. I think Mondays will be my hardest N day, since Saturday and Sunday are pretty free, and then other other N days will be spent at work. My issue is definitely at home snacking.

Day 1 (so far): Breakfast was three slices of french toast with butter and syrup. Four cups of Bengal Spice tea with sugar and cream. Two pieces of chocolate fudge layer cake. One cup of blueberry kefir... Edited to add a bowl of frosted mini wheats cereal with milk, a bowl of cherries, two hot dogs on white bread with ketchup... I think I'm done for the day. My eating schedule is all over the place... Need to work on fixing that.

Also, the scale fluctuated down two pounds since I weighed myself yesterday. I expect it will go up tomorrow.
Last edited by ChandaLikePanda on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Merry

Post by Merry » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:22 am

Welcome! I hope your first week goes well :-).
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:53 am

Thank you, Merry! :) I hope so, too.

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:15 pm

ChandaLikePanda wrote:Thank you, ladies, for the warm welcome! :)

So this is day one for me, not quite over. I've been reading through the posts and seeing how everyone handles their habits and such. I feel a bit free since I am starting on an S day, Sunday... I feel inclined to post what I ate, just to sort of keep a record of what works for me and what doesn't. I work four days a week, Tuesday through Friday, and the other three I am off and at home with my three little boys. I think Mondays will be my hardest N day, since Saturday and Sunday are pretty free, and then other other N days will be spent at work. My issue is definitely at home snacking.

Day 1 (so far): Breakfast was three slices of french toast with butter and syrup. Four cups of Bengal Spice tea with sugar and cream. Two pieces of chocolate fudge layer cake. One cup of blueberry kefir... Edited to add a bowl of frosted mini wheats cereal with milk, a bowl of cherries, two hot dogs on white bread with ketchup... I think I'm done for the day. My eating schedule is all over the place... Need to work on fixing that.

Also, the scale fluctuated down two pounds since I weighed myself yesterday. I expect it will go up tomorrow.
Welcome CLP. That was one impressive breakfast, but after all, it is an S day. I'd probably need a nap afterwards.
https://twitter.com/SipeEngineering
Current weight(9/2020)-212 lbs.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.
NoS Goal: >= 80% Success days

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Whosonfirst wrote:
ChandaLikePanda wrote:Thank you, ladies, for the warm welcome! :)

Welcome CLP. That was one impressive breakfast, but after all, it is an S day. I'd probably need a nap afterwards.
Haha! No, just the french toast and tea were for breakfast... The rest I ate throughout the day. Snacking is okay on S days, right?

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:30 pm

Of course, haha. I read that as breakfast, and had my first real laugh of the day, since I love choc. cake myself.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:18 am

SUCCESS!

Today I missed breakfast.

Lunch was a Southwestern Grilled Chicken Salad from McDonald's.

Dinner was fried potatoes with two fried eggs on top, two strips of bacon, two pieces of toast with strawberry cream cheese, and a handful of cherries.

In between I had cups of herbal tea, only two of them had sugar and cream, so not too bad for my first N day!

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:17 pm

Failure :(

Managed to get breakfast this morning! 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal with diced apple, cinnamon and 1% milk (1% because that's all we have in the house right now, I would have preferred whole milke) with a cup of chamomile tea.

I work today, so not sure how lunch will go. And dinner is usually pretty late on days that I work because I get off pretty late... Hopefully I will be able to stick to N day rules.

My weight was at 179 this morning. I expect my weight to fluctuate quite a bit through this, but trying to not let it set my mood for the day. I wonder if I should hide the scale and only weigh once a week.

At work for lunch I had an Asian salad, some cherries, and some yogurt pretzels.

I ended up snacking on yogurt pretzels AS I was making dinner... I was just so hungry. And I asked my husband to get me a decaf iced white mocha from Starbucks, because I was seriously craving that coffee taste (I haven't had a cup of coffee for eleven days, because I'm giving up caffeine.) Hence the failure at the beginning of the post. Oh well, I'll do better tomorrow.

Dinner was rotini pasta with marinara meat sauce and garlic bread.

ChandaLikePanda

Re: Chanda's Daily Check In

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:39 am

Well, I'm back.

I fell for another fad diet. Several times over. The promise of steady fast weight loss from keto, but I miss carbs, potatoes, bread, rice and sweets. And I also fell for "Mindful Eating", which didn't really help me out. I don't know why it took me this long to get back here, but I'm here, now.

So anyway, I am going to start officially on Saturday April 13th. Which is tomorrow. I plan on doing a mixture of vanilla No S, and utilizing the the mind set of the French women diet, in which French women eat full fat creams and cheeses, breads, fresh fruits and vegetables, meats, wine, chocolate, etc. Nothing is off limits, but food should be quality, and be savored slowly. They also don't snack between meals and drink lots of water. They eat balanced meals with smaller portions. So I'm going to be doing my best to follow those guidelines. If I crave something sweet, I will try to eat fruit. If it's an S day, I will allow myself to indulge in cake or wine or some other lovely dessert. But ONLY on S days.

I'm 41, female, 5'4" and 191 lbs. My end goal is somewhere between 115-125 lbs. It might take a couple of years to get there if I can keep up with this, but the idea is to make it a lasting habit.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:49 pm

Welcome back!

You should see my full-fat dairy selection. I consider myself a bit of a dairy connoisseur, and I have a thing for dairy cows. :lol:
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:13 pm

Thanks, Auto!

I would love to see your dairy collection! What do you have? Mine is pretty small. I have heavy cream for my coffee and for making whipped cream, and I bought those Oui french style yogurts. They are pretty good, except they have fruit on the bottom, and I would have preferred plain. That way there's less sugar, and I can add my own fresh fruit, if I want. I really should learn to make my own yogurt. I also have some different cheeses, but I don't eat them very often.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:31 pm

Today's food:

B: Coffee with heavy cream, a sliced and toasted baguette with butter and jam, a handful of red grapes, yogurt.

I had a late breakfast, so lunch will also be late. Felt a bit peckish while waiting for the cheese to thaw for my sandwich, so I ate an apple and some thin mint girl scout cookies. Probably too many of them. But thank goodness it's an S day.
L: Tomato bisque soup, grilled cheese sandwich, coffee.

D: A bowl of Oatmeal clusters cereal with milk, a banana, a cup of hot chocolate. I was going to have a ribeye steak with potatoes and broccoli, but since I ate too many cookies for my snack, I thought lighter fare might be better. I will save my ribeye for tomorrow's dinner.

Success!
Last edited by ChandaLikePanda on Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Gotta go to work! Must do my best to stay away from the freshly made donuts, even though it's an S day.

B: Toasted baguette with butter and jam, yogurt, 10 red grapes, coffee with heavy cream.

L: Chicken skewer with ranch sauce, bean and cheese burrito with hot sauce, and a Dunkin donuts iced coffee. Maybe not the healthiest, but I intend to last without snacking until dinner.

S: Little Debbie's fudge cake. That wasn't supposed to happen, but I had a moment of weakness. Edit: Better make that 2 little Debbie fudge cakes. And I considered the season 8 premiere of GoT a special occasion, so made a huge bowl of homemade popcorn for that.

D: Might as well stand for Dessert, today. I ate my lovely gourmet chocolate cake, a glass of milk, and... That was it. That's okay. Tomorrow is an N day, and I plan on sticking to the vanilla rules. Since today is an S day, you really can't mess it up. So today is a big...

Success!
Last edited by ChandaLikePanda on Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:46 pm

Yikes! Freshly made donuts! Available on an S Day? There's no way I could turn one of those down!

But I hope you have a great day!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:36 pm

automatedeating wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:46 pm
Yikes! Freshly made donuts! Available on an S Day? There's no way I could turn one of those down!

But I hope you have a great day!

Thank you! At the store where I work, our donuts are made fresh at the store, and they tend to be huge! They are delicious, though. I bought a slice of my favorite gourmet cake for my S day dessert, and it's keeping me from buying or eating any other snacks or sweet because I'm looking forward to it tonight.

Edit: Whoops! A little Debbie's fudge cake accidentally fell into my mouth. Good thing it's an S day! I plan on being strict with myself during the week. Especially since next weekend is Easter.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Today I slept in because I have the day off, other than getting my kids off to school. So now it's around 11am, and I'm not sure what to make for breakfast. I made a cup of coffee with half and half and two teaspoons of sugar, but for some reason, coffee with sugar doesn't taste as good as I remember. I just don't feel hungry right now. I probably will combine breakfast with lunch. Is that allowed?

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:20 pm

Just realized from reading my first posts that I was 12 lbs lighter when I started No S before. If only!

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:27 pm

Today's food:

B: Coffee with cream and sugar. (Will probably drop the sugar and go back to heavy cream, it tastes better.) 1 piece of thick slice bacon, 2 eggs over easy, and southern style hash browns with onions and peppers.

L: A peanut butter and jelly sandwich, 1/4 of a canteloupe melon, coffee.

D: Ribeye steak, roasted red potatoes, steamed fresh broccoli, glass of Merlot.

I did it! I had coffee throughout the day, and didn't snack at all!

Success!

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:33 pm

Today will start with coffee. Oh, I forgot to mention, all of the coffee drinks that I have are decaf. I have been off of caffeine for quite a while. Sometimes I will get a soda or a bottled coffee that still has caffeine, but it's not very often and doesn't really affect me like before.

B: A bowl of cereal with whole milk, banana, coffee.

L: Leftovers from last night's dinner.

D: Southwest Style salad, an apple, what's left of my coffee.

I think today is a Success!
Last edited by ChandaLikePanda on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:58 pm

I got an iced coffee, it has a little syrup... Not sure if it counts as a sweet, since it's just an iced latte with syrup. Help?

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:35 am

Don't sweat it, enjoy, it's just a drink :)

Just don't have 6 a day!

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:48 am

Soprano wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:35 am
Don't sweat it, enjoy, it's just a drink :)

Just don't have 6 a day!

Jx
Thanks, Soprano! I was thinking along those lines, especially since I just take little sips of it, and it lasts me for hours.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Seven days ago on April 10th, I was 191 lbs. Today is April 17th, and I am 187.4. Wow! 3.6 lbs in 7 days. That's pretty good!

And the great thing is that it can't be just water weight, like the first week of keto, because I have been eating all the carbs. Potatoes, chocolate cake, cereal, bread, sugar, all sorts of fruit... I am super excited! I know the weight loss will slow down, but what a great and motivating start.

Anyway, food so far today:

B: Coffee, baguette with butter and jam.

L: Chinese takeout consisting of egg foo young, sweet and sour chicken, white rice. I might make some oolong tea to go with it.

D: My co-worker brought me a surprise lunch! That was really nice of her. So I had chili, a cornbread muffin, and an apple.

All good for today, so a great Success!
Last edited by ChandaLikePanda on Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:04 pm

Well done :)

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

nettee

Post by nettee » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:57 pm

Well done, great start.
3 tasty meals a day and loving it

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:04 am

Hi Chanda!
I'm a little late to one of your posts - about the missing breakfast and then combining breakfast & lunch - I sort of do that. For "breakfast" I just have 2-3 cups of coffee with a delicious local grass-fed milk (did I mention it's delicious?). So that's some decent nutrition right there. Then I pack a massive amount of yogurt and berries in the morning to take the work. Depending on the day, I crack it open anywhere between 10 and noon. I often just have a few bites between classes and then finish the rest when classes are over. Anyway, all this to say that of course a combo is allowed. :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:20 am

automatedeating wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:04 am
Hi Chanda!
I'm a little late to one of your posts - about the missing breakfast and then combining breakfast & lunch - I sort of do that. For "breakfast" I just have 2-3 cups of coffee with a delicious local grass-fed milk (did I mention it's delicious?). So that's some decent nutrition right there. Then I pack a massive amount of yogurt and berries in the morning to take the work. Depending on the day, I crack it open anywhere between 10 and noon. I often just have a few bites between classes and then finish the rest when classes are over. Anyway, all this to say that of course a combo is allowed. :-)
Thanks, Auto! 😀

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Today's food:

B: Coffee with heavy cream. Sausage, hash browns, small pancake, oat cereal with whole milk, and a banana. Seems like a lot of food, but the portions were very small.

L: Ceviche and tortilla chips.

D: Skipped dinner. Just wasn't hungry. Probably ate too much ceviche.

Forgot to mention that today was a Success!

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:33 pm

Today's food:

B: Coffee with heavy cream. I will probably have a later breakfast. Toasted baguette (real baguette this time! So delicious!) with butter and jam. Vanilla Oui yogurt.

L: Egg salad sandwich. I used the eggs we dyed for today's family Easter.

I also ate some of my kid's candy, and a chocolate cupcake. So today counts as a fail because I was not making it an S day. That's okay though, it wasn't too bad. I used to binge on candy, but this time I only had a few pieces. Still a good day.

D: (Will be) Butter chicken with rice, possibly tortillas since we don't have any naan.

FA I LURE (Easter colors)

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:42 pm

Early morning shift today.

Today's food:

B: A bowl of cereal, whole milk, a banana, coffee with heavy cream.

L: Loaded baked potato, a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee (in the bottle).

Since my breakfast and lunch are fairly early in the day, I have a feeling that I will want something snacky later on before dinner. I have to remember to make good choices if I decide to eat. Maybe I'll just have some coffee or tea with milk.

S: I ate the top part of a chocolate cupcake. There wasn't any icing on it, it was just the little domed top of a cupcake. Not the best choice for a snack... And I admit that I grabbed it and mindlessly put it in my mouth just because it was there. I also just ate 2 jellybeans, 3 M&Ms, 3 Hershey's kisses, and a Lindt chocolate chick... And a glass of wine.

D: Ceviche and tortilla chips.

It's an S day, but still a Success!

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:58 pm

Rough day at work today. I'm surprised I'm not stress eating, but amazingly, I'm holding strong.

Anyway, today's food:

B: Toasted baguette with butter and jam, yogurt, coffee with heavy cream.

L: Loaded baked potato.

S: A glass of milk, and 4 cookies.

D: Hawaiian pizza from Domino's, a cheesy bread stick, and a small glass of cherry Coke. S days rule.

Dessert: I ate dessert before dinner! I had chocolate pudding. I just really needed something chocolatey.

Success

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Today's food:

B: Pancakes and sausage from McDonald's, a tall latte with classic from Starbucks.

Well, I failed already. My son wanted ice cream when he got home from school, and after I dished up a serving, he didn't want it (he's autistic, so this happens once in a while.) So I ended up eating it. Not a big deal, going to try to stay on track for the rest of the day and not let this derail me further.

But still...

Failure

L: I guess it was ice cream!

D: Egg and potato hash.

Need to add the scoop of Tillamook Mocha Almond Fudge that my husband brought me when he got off work. Not gonna lie, it was pretty good.

...Aaaand a chocolate chip cookie.

I'll do better with NoS tomorrow.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:38 pm

Today's food:

B: Toasted baguette with jam, yogurt. Ended up sharing both my baguette and yogurt with my 2 year old.

L: My husband brought home the best onion rings in the world, so I had those, fries, and a bowl of cereal. I used virtual plating.

D: A Junior Whopper and an apple.

Success!

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:47 pm

Today's food:

B: Coffee with cream (so far.) McGriddle, and my husband misunderstood what I said, so a mocha frappe.
Oopsie!

Which makes today a Failure.

L: A small tuna salad sandwich and an apple.

D: (Will be) ribeye steak, potatoes, a mixed salad.

This is why it's important to be strict on NoS. I have the mindset of since I already messed up, might as well not care for the rest of the day.

Ended up eating two Mother's brand Taffy cookies.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:26 pm

I have the mindset of since I already messed up, might as well not care for the rest of the day.
Ah, the dreaded WTH effect! Your post made me realize that I've rarely taken a "Success" or "Failure" approach to NoS. I guess it's a mod I've used from the beginning without discussing it much. For me, that is way too black and white. We're here for long-term moderation, not daily perfection. But while this mindset appears to have prevented me from being much of a victim of the WTH effect (in general), I suppose it could be a dangerous mindset for people that then slide down a slippery slope of "a little here, a little there". I'd venture that people are more susceptible temperamentally to one or the other of these mindsets. We just have to figure out which one we are in planning our overall approach to mistakes with NoS.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

Whosonfirst

Post by Whosonfirst » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:44 pm

ChandaLikePanda wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:47 pm
Today's food:

B: Coffee with cream (so far.) McGriddle, and my husband misunderstood what I said, so a mocha frappe.
Oopsie!

Which makes today a Failure.

L: A small tuna salad sandwich and an apple.

D: (Will be) ribeye steak, potatoes, a mixed salad.

This is why it's important to be strict on NoS. I have the mindset of since I already messed up, might as well not care for the rest of the day.

Ended up eating two Mother's brand Taffy cookies.
One of things I've learned in my own case is to turn that initial FAIL into a small fail, rather than just saying WTH, damn the torpedos. Yesterday was that kind of day for me, I drove my wife to a dr. apt. and while waiting in the car listening to the radio, suddenly became a little dizzy, and then slightly nauseous. So after returning home, I had some coffee and then ate 3-4 mini pretzels. The BBQ chips bag was calling me, but I stopped at 4 pretzels. While I decided to call it an S-day, it could just as easily been a small fail. This behavior didn't happen overnight.
Goal Weight- 205 lbs.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Thank you both for the tips. You're right, no sense in throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I'll try to keep to a small fail, instead of making it a big FAILURE!!! sort of day. 😉

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:47 pm

Today's food:

B: Coffee with cream and sugar. Oatmeal with chopped apple, walnuts and cinnamon, and a splash of milk.

I can't remember what I ate for the rest of the day, but I do remember that it was a green day.
Last edited by ChandaLikePanda on Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

liveitup

Post by liveitup » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:22 am

Great advice! I'm going to start tracking WTH's.
BMI March 2021: 28
Using NoS to eliminate emotional eating.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:08 pm

Today's food:

B: Scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of toast, a banana, coffee with cream.

L: (will be) A turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato, an apple

D: Chicken Tikka masala and basmati rice.

I can't claim a green day because I had a bite of a chocolate brownie. One bite ruined me, lol. 🤪

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:09 pm

Today's food:

B: 2 scrambled eggs, toast, banana, coffee with cream.

L: Turkey sandwich, baby carrots

D: Cottage cheese with a diced tomato.

S: A banana, a Cadbury cream egg. My son shoved a mostly eaten popsicle into my mouth, twice. So I counted that as half a popsicle.

S day!

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:41 pm

Today's food:

B: Coffee with cream, orange juice, oatmeal with sliced banana and cinnamon.

L: A giant piece of my favorite chocolate fudge cake. It's so rich that I feel like I literally cannot eat anything else today. Ughhh...

I looked up the calories and it's 1240 calories for the one piece. 😲 Well... It was delicious, though!

D: I was wrong, I can totally eat more! Having Chinese takeout. Yum yum!

S Day!
Last edited by ChandaLikePanda on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:12 pm

My son shoved a mostly eaten popsicle into my mouth, twice. So I counted that as half a popsicle
Love it! :lol:
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:20 pm

Feeling a little bit lazy today since I have the day off. Hopefully that doesn't affect my eating habits. Hoping to make this a green week.

B: Coffee with cream x2

L: Turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomato, onions, mayo, baby carrots.

D: Grilled chicken tenders, sauteed broccoli, boiled potatoes.

A successful N day.
Last edited by ChandaLikePanda on Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:10 pm

I stepped on the scale to see what sort of damage I did from yesterday's foods. Surprise! I lost weight. Not sure how that happened.

On a different note, I am incorporating calorie counting into my NoS regime. I need to be a bit more disciplined on my N days. I also need to be more disciplined on my S days, but I'll start with the N days first and see how it goes.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:06 pm

Today's food

B: Coffee with cream, oatmeal with cinnamon and sliced banana, 2 pieces of toast with blackberry jam.

L: Turkey sandwich and an apple.

D: Southwest salad and a cucumber.

S: Reese's peanut butter cups

It's not an S day, so it's a failure.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Thu May 02, 2019 7:25 pm

Today's food was exactly the same as yesterday's food, except the salad was different.

Also, I had a Skinny Cow Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwich, which was delicious and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Still not an S day, still a fail for the sweets...

Wait, this is for yesterday, May 1st. I'm logging a day behind, lol.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Thu May 02, 2019 7:29 pm

Today's food (May 2nd):

B: Coffee with milk, because I'm out of cream.

L: A 6" chicken teriyaki sweet onion fresh fit sub (from Subway), and an apple.

D: Veggie lasagna.

Today was a success!

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sat May 04, 2019 10:46 pm

Happy Star Wars day!

I am going to to cut back on my daily check ins. I have been busy, but I have things fairly under control now. If something crazy happens, I'll try to post.

May the Fourth be with you! ✨

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sat May 04, 2019 11:10 pm

:-) Happy Star Wars Day!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Thu May 09, 2019 8:37 pm

Just thought I would check in. I need to rein in my eating a bit, I have been very snacky the past couple of days. I went to see the avengers movie and it's been downhill from there.

On a good note, I have been working on doing push-ups, to build my upper body and core strength. I can't do very many, but I'm doing what I can!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri May 10, 2019 12:10 am

Awesome to work on the push-ups! I love doing bodyweight exercises and feeling strong.

Avengers! Creator and I shared an entire large popcorn and had these sour patch things that we would eat every time someone cried or hugged. :mrgreen: :lol:
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:52 am

Just browsed through your thread. Welcome and continued success!
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:26 am

And I'm back. :)

Doing NoS, starting day 1 now. Here we go again.

Breakfast: making this meal bigger because I have to last until after 1:30 pm, and I'm eating at 5:30 am.
2 slices of bacon, 2 eggs, 1 potato baked and mashed, 2 pieces of toast with butter, coffee with milk and sugar.

Lunch: Tuna salad sandwich and an apple.

Had a few snacks since it's an S day. Mostly just a popsicle that I shared with my son. I also had coffee with cream and sugar.

Dinner: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and broccoli.
Last edited by ChandaLikePanda on Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi Chanda! So happy to see you here! I hope life is well, and the food is good! :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:55 pm

automatedeating wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:36 pm
Hi Chanda! So happy to see you here! I hope life is well, and the food is good! :-)
Thank you, auto! Life is pretty good here. How are you doing? I need to go through all the check-ins and see how everyone is doing.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:26 am

Today is just sort of a free for all day. I'm sick, I don't really feel like eating, but I am eating junk when I do eat. Need to make better choices for my body, but I just want easy and simple.

Tomorrow is the start of my N days, but I've joined a group who are doing a fasting challenge, and that also starts tomorrow. So I'm going to try to work my 2-3 meals into an 18:6 time frame.

ChandaLikePanda

Post by ChandaLikePanda » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:46 am

Monday was a successful N day.

I did my 18:6 fast, started it last night.

Had plain green tea until it was time to eat. Then I had coffee with heavy cream.

First meal was ham and cheese roll-ups with mustard.

Second meal at dinner time was chicken with sugar free BBQ sauce, cheesey cauliflower rice, and steamed broccoli.

I'm having a hot cocoa made from unsweetened chocolate almond milk, only 40 calories per cup. I don't consider this a snack because it's very low calorie and sugar free.

All in all, a pretty good day!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:49 pm

Creator and I love to make our hot drinks in the evening before we read. He makes hot cocoa and I make my decaf coffee and we are both happy. :-) I hope you enjoyed your drink!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2