Jbell's CHECK IN

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jbell

Jbell's CHECK IN

Post by Jbell » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:42 pm

After many starts and stops of N-S, along with other ideas, I am starting again--July 24,2017. My main goal is to stop the disordered eating, some bingeing that has been a problem for literally decades. Losing a few pounds hanging around my middle would be nice but I will first concentrate on the rules of "vanilla NoS" :)

Jbell

Post by Jbell » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:09 pm

Monday was a good day. Today I enjoyed coffee and a treat with a friend after our walk. While it is a failure for an N day I will not consider it a failure if I don't succumb to WTH behavior for the rest of this day.

Merry

Post by Merry » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:10 am

Welcome back!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

nettee

Post by nettee » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:03 am

Well done Jbell - I think we need a separate colour for days with one fail in where we don't say wtf and go mad - almost a bigger achievement than an N day!
3 tasty meals a day and loving it