Cedar checks in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

cedar

Cedar checks in

Post by cedar » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:46 am

I'm back. My aim is to keep things clear and simple..I want to be normal with food..3 meals a day no bingeing and no weight gain..if weight loss happens then so be it but I just want to have a nice natural rhythm and ease with food.
I started on S days but have mainly stuck to 3 meals because I'm ready to get going :D

Merry

Post by Merry » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:43 am

Welcome back! Hoping you enjoy normalcy in eating :-).
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:22 pm

Welcome back! Has it been about 8 months? That was as long as you posted when you started. You made it much longer than I did my first round.

I love your focus. I also reviewed on your previous thread that you'd like to feel you aren't "on" some quantifying program. I hear ya.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:07 am

Welcome back fellow Aussie!

cedar

Post by cedar » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:25 am

Ok...starting again. Ive been around the world of intermittent fasting which just seemed to turn me into a crazy person with food. I would fast 16-20 hrs most days and then inhale my food with such speed and excess that i would feel tired and almost need to be sick. I read about appetite correction and i did sometimes feel that but my main goal after a lifetime of binge eating is to "eat like a normal person"..that to me is not eating like a normal person! :oops:

I was tempted to fast again because its how i got to my lowest weight last xmas but the payoff is crankiness, loss of hair, bad breath constipation (good times!) and just NOT feeling like a normal person with food as i said. Yes i felt good at times..i don't think it's bad thing to miss a meal every now and then but i think i ended up feeling euphoric because i was running on adrenaline..i don't think it's good for my body or mind.

The Plan is good old Vanilla No S..with an emphasis on SOMETIMES for S days-so im not an idiot :D

Monday Tuesday Wednesday= GreenðŸ.

I tend to eat the same breakfast of muesli+ fruit +plain yogurt and coffee.
Lunch this week has been a sandwhich filled with as much salad as i can fit in with either a boiled egg/ ham and cheese. Yummy..im really enjoying these.
Dinner varies, pasta vegies meat. Cauliflower soup with egg and bacon pie. Chicken and veg curry with rice.

I'm focusing on putting my food on a plate (big and full at the moment) and sitting down to eat it and thats it..not a little bit here while i prepare the plate and no justifying having a bit extra after I've finished because "it technically would have fit on the plate", no its 3 plates x 7 days a week. Sometimes on S days if its appropriate socially to enjoy sweets and or/ snacks etc.

Thursday- breakfast muesli (7.30am after work); lunch (2pm after my sleep) an egg and salad sandwich with salad and sliced apple filling the rest of the plate. Dinner will be sausage stew with vegies and pasta and salad. Usually we eat 5.30/6.30pm. Ill usually have a warm milk after dinner..before work ill have a strong but milky coffee sometimes with a tsp brown sugar.

I work night shift 3 x week 10.30pm- 7am. I dont eat during the shift, on my 1/2 hr break i usually have a quick power nap or atleast a lie down as its in an aged care facility and im constantly on my feet answering buzzers etc. Then i make a cup of tea with a dash of milk to enjoy while i do my work logs. And try to drink plenty of water..i have a trick that when i do my hourly rounds/ checks i have a glass of water each time. Sometimes things get too busy but on the whole it works.

I already feel better..also im certain everytime i do No S my house is more organised and clean..im more organised..it just seems to simplify everything!

So far today isðŸðŸ˜€..

Always nice to be back here checking in. No matter where i am with diets/ food i always come back and see whats going on here..its my ultimate goal to be a NO S'er for life without much thought. Lets hope one day i can acheive this.

(Weight is hovering around 56kgs)

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:50 am

Welcome back Cedar, No S has been the way for me to eat like a normal person. I also do 3 meals a day, 7 days a week with treats on weekends sometimes.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

cedar

Post by cedar » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:56 am

Thanks Ladybird :D

Today = green. Dinner was nice, I added heaps of steamed greens and salad to the sausage stew so it was quite a healthy and filling meal.

I'm working tonight so will try to have another rest then a coffee before I leave at 10pm.
Tomorrow/Friday will be a challenge..I always love Fridays because I don't have to work and it feels like the weekend.. could be a bit tricky with No S. I do normally have a drink on Fridays..I no longer really drink wine because it makes me feel so sleepy and even just 1 makes me feel hungover the next day?..but I've discovered vodka and Kailua with Diet Coke (Black Russian)..I'm not a big drinker at all but I love these and never feel sick or hungover. I only have 1 maybe 2 but it's technically a sweet with the coke?? My husband is away tomorrow anyway so maybe I'll save it for Saturday night I have a friend coming over and we'll make pizzas with the kids and maybe watch a movie. I'll maybe make a Friday night exception in the future..perhaps only if it's with my meal or something..hmm

Anyway..feeling good.

cedar

Post by cedar » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:14 pm

Red todayðŸ….

Im being super strict because i want to get in the habit of 3 plates of food a day..not a plate and then nibbling and justifying to myself that it would technically fit on the plate.

7.30 oats and eggs with spinach leaves and grated cheese (sounds strange but this was good and filled me up) Coffee decaf milk and sugar.ðŸ
3pm salad and ham sandwhich, cheese and crackers carrot and crunchy asian salad. Coffee with milkðŸ…. Nibbled here and there while preparing sandwhich.
8pm Leftover pasta and sausage stew mixed with spinach leaves, crunchy salad and cup of tea. After i finished and went back to kitchen i strated eating from the pot of dinner. ðŸ…

cedar

Post by cedar » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:55 am

Ok green today Monday. :D

8am Bf- muesli berries pear and yogurt and coffee
130pm Lunch- salad and ham sandwich with cabbage salad on the side with a half slice of buttered bread. All fit on the plate..it was very full! Coffee
6pm Dinner- pasta with veg and salami sauce. 1 boiled egg and some cabbage salad.

The weekend was pretty good. Saturday I stuck to 3 meals with drinks and nibbles and dinner all kind of combined then dessert after. I felt full but good. Sunday was a bit ridiculous with constant grazing..it's silly I'm not full not hungry but wanting something and never satisfied..makes me really look forward to N days! Even though I was thinking this and reminding myself of this on the Sunday I still kept picking here and there, but I didn't feel ridiculously full come Sunday night..my food was quite healthy and I only had one dessert at night so it wasn't sweets overload. I've done worse on S days that's for sure!!! So all in all I'm pleased with how it went and I'm pleased with how I'm feeling. Love No S so bloody much!

8) 8)

Imogen Morley

Post by Imogen Morley » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:31 am

Congratulations on your success! Delaying dessert on S-days is something I've introduced only recently, but it yields big results. I can't believe how sane S-days can be when one refrains from nibbling sugar morning till night.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi Cedar! Glad you are feeling good about your NoS journey!

Night shift? That is tough -- I admire you! I can totally see why you'd like Friday night to be an "S" evening. Eschano used to do that, and it worked well for her.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

cedar

Post by cedar » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:45 am

Thanks for stopping by Imogen and Auto. Yes I still sometimes can't believe I do night shift, I've always been a morning person but this way I get to take my kids to school and pick them up and I also avoid a lot of the ridiculous work politicsðŸ‘..and I work less for the same pay. I'll do it as long as it suits me and the family.

Today = GreenðŸ

Bfast 7.30am Oats and eggs and leftover salad. Coffee
Lunch 2pm (so hungry..I was busy and when I finally went to eat it took alllll my strength not to eat while preparing my meal! But I put everything on my plate and then sat down to eat..very proud😉) Sandwich with lots (lots!!) of salad and chicken, banana and apple filled the rest of the plate. Cup of tea
Dinner 7pm Chicken and Veg curry with brown rice, pita bread and sm glass soy milk.
Work tonight so I'll have a strong milky coffee before I leave.

Good day today, I'm in organising mode at the moment. I've put together 2 flat pack book shelves for the boys today (without throwing a tantrum and leaving it to my husband to do🤣). I got all the washing done, organised a serviceman to come and service an appliance, cooked meals for the next 3 nights when I'll be in zomby night shift mode and managed to vacume and clean the bathroom. Now I'm tired and need to get some rest before work tonight..but feeling good. Still loving No S, I was thinking today how much I'm enjoying eating my 3 meals, having the proper gaps between meals makes eating so much more enjoyable. I've been reading the book Lean Habits, she suggests 3-4 meals per day and to allow hunger to be felt 1/2 to 1 hr before each meal. It's a good book to support No S.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:07 pm

You have boys? I have two of them -- 12 & 9. :-)

And I recently did some work on their rooms, involving taking bunkbeds apart and moving one bed to a different room. I did have a bit of a tantrum -- hubby had to help. :lol:
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

cedar

Post by cedar » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Haha..glad im not the only tantrum thrower!! My boys are 10 and 12! And I also moved beds from one room to the other, actually put bunks back together and my eldest son got the spare room double bed which he is very happy about! How funny. 😀
Im on my work break now at 2.30am..our RN shouted us coffees from hungry jacks so i wont have my power nap but instead thouroughly enjoying my coffee..hopefully i can sleep tomorrow though..i normally stick with tea🤔.

cedar

Post by cedar » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:38 am

🈠Wednesday😀.

Bfast 7.30am oats eggs rockett avocado decaf coffee

Lunch 2pm ham avocado salad sandwich, crackers and cream cheese, sm apple and banana. Cup of tea

Coffee and milk

Dinner 6.30pm cauliflower soup, salad chips and snitzel.

Work again tonight..will have a strong coffee before i leave.

My plates are very full.. still feeling good and just focusing on the habit of 3meals a day but yes just noticing that I'm very conscious of packing my plates full!!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Totally normal. We all do it as we establish (or reestablish) habit. It's one of our best habit-forming tools. :-)

Just recently I've been going through a bigger plate phase because I'm eating healthier stuff and I keep fearing the hunger. Oolala has reminded me countless times over the years that I'll typically find that a smaller portion actually does fill me up -- it's just terrifying at first!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

cedar

Post by cedar » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:30 am

Thanks Auto..it is scary- i think from all the years of "trying to eat as little as possible".. but Oolala is right, when it happens naturally after allowing bigger plates at first its fine to eat a little less and its ok to even be hungry for a while..but it needs to not be forced otherwise thats when its scary for me!

Bfast 7.30- muesli pear blueberries yogurt and decaf. ( very tired after night shift this morning!)

Lunch 1.30- ham and salad sandwich with apple and banana and a very small slice of bacon and egg pie. Cup of tea

Coffee and milk

Dinner (will be) beef/mince bolognaise sauce with vegies and brown rice.

(Will have) Coffee before work.

I'm feeling good. I'm at a cafe now waiting for my son to finish a lesson, enjoying my coffee.. it's always tempting to see the yummy cakes and muffins etc.. but it's more enjoyable to enjoy them on s days guilt free😀. It helps to come and log on here and read a few posts.

Update: Just finished dinner so GreenðŸ today. 😀

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:37 am

Well done on a green day.

cedar

Post by cedar » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:12 am

Thanks ladybird😀.

Green today.

9am Bfast toast with cheese avocado salami tomato. Banana and decaf coffee.

Sleep (super tired after last night shift.. it was such a busy shift and i was running around all night).

6pm Dinner, brown rice tuna salad with apple banana on side and some peanuts. Hot drink frothed soy milk 1 tsp cocoa and 1tsp brown sugar..is this technically a sweet? I figured i make coffee with a tsp coffee tsp sugar so it's the same as that really.. just cocoa not added sweets...

Anyway I'm claiming green today.. slept through lunch but my meals were very filling so i made up for it. I'm looking forward to having sweet tomorrow.

cedar

Post by cedar » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:38 am

Green todayðŸ

Bfast Muesli yogurt fruit coffee 7.30am
Lunch Leftover roast lamb potato, brown rice corn and slice of buttered bread (not a very exciting or fresh lunch but I'm trying to use up what's in the fridge) 2pm
Dinner chicken snitzel salad and steamed veg, slice of GF buttered bread. 6pm

Coffee with dash milk.

S days were great, I stuck to 3 meals both days and really only had dessert on Sunday. Saturday I had a bite of chocolate and 1 timtam biscuit, Sunday icecream cake and strawberries for dessert. I kept saying I don't actually have to veer from my N day routine just because it's s days..I also just didn't want to feel awful. Sometimes the self talk works sometimes not!

Feel good🙂.

cedar

Post by cedar » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:11 am

Mon Tue😀ðŸðŸ.

I'm a pretty boring eater..same meals...
Bfast-Muesli lots of fruit and yogurt, coffee.
Lunch- Sandwich lots of salad, ham with raw veg or fruit on the side, today I had apple and peanut butter on the side with a glass of milk. I like soy milk straight, I know it's supposed to be terrible for me but I've never enjoyed dairy milk on its own and really love a cold glass of soy. I just keep it small, just helps me finish of a meal.

Dinner last night BBQ meat and salad veg with a slice of buttered bread.
Tonight will be pasta lots of veg, salad and chorizo sausage.

Yesterday I did a sm hike with a friend, today no formal exercise but I vacuumed mopped washed and gardened. I'm working tonight so I'm trying to have a rest now.

Feeling really good with No s. Its feeling effortless actually. I spoke to my mum today about diets etc.. we were laughing (kind of sadly I guess) about how it's an endless focus. I told her about No S but she's on her own thing at the moment, which is fine, I have told her before (as I've been on and off No s for many years!!). I know that all I need to do is focus on MY habits of 3 decent meals a day and getting back to good routines with feeding myself regularly and not chasing the elusive 'next best thing'. Just good old fashioned eating well and getting on with life in between ( I think that might be an Oolala quote??). Ive been reading the blog 10 principles and Eat like a normal person..always love reading that. I am thinking it would be great to start incorporating the 14min exercise habit into my day but I just want to get the Ndays solid first.

This may not need to be said but I'll just say it to be clear..

I just want to say (after reading someone's post the other day) that I have absolutely NO issue with fasting or reading about fasting..it's not triggering to me at all, and I always enjoy reading other people's personal experiences with eating and life and NoS. I've followed people who fast, do low carb, 2 meals a day etc..each to their own and all the best to everyone ðŸ‘😀.
Fasting is great, I learnt a lot from it but it's not for me. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, my goal is normalcy with eating and 3 meals is what works for me. 😀👌â¤ï¸â¤ï¸

worth it

Post by worth it » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi Cedar!

I think you were talking about my post- Lol! I am so glad that you were not triggered by IF. Thank you for making me feel better! 😊

And by the way, I think you are doing fantastic! So glad that No S is helping you feel great about your relationship with food and moderate eating! I too also love reading about everyone’s journey (no matter what it my be).

Finally, I LOVE the eat like a normal person website. It’s so inspiring to me.

All the best!!

cedar

Post by cedar » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:58 am

Hi Worth it.. thanks for your lovely reply. Didn't know if i should say anything but thought it best just to clear any doubts😀.

Today a fail 🎠although it doesn't feel like one. Bfast eggs on toast and lunch salad, bread vegies and fruit and yogurt (although lunch wasnt 1 plate i ate it kind of haphazardly but i gave myself permission before hand so it was ok.. actually thinking about it now it was a fail because it would have definitely been more than 1 plate).
Dinner was baked chicken with veggies and rice, and i had dessert apple crumble with fresh berries and a small scoop of icecream. My father in law is in town and he and his partner came around for dinner at last minute. I had in my mind from eat like a normal person about treats..to have them when socially appropriate and just pretend you are normal with food without a weight/food problem so i thought it was a good opportunity to practise this. It was good because i realised while it was nice it wasnt as nice as enjoying it on S days and i could have easily not had it, dinner was quite filling. It just wasn't a big deal which is probably the point.. just move on now.

I'm heading to work tonight on very little sleep had today! The last minute dinner was not part of my plan...

cedar

Post by cedar » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:05 am

Green🥑🥑 Friday

Bfast- brown rice tuna mayo mixed with veggies and salad. Glass of soy milk
Lunch- leftover chicken from last night with some buttered bread, vegies and yogurt and fruit. Cup of tea

1/4 glass white wine just before dinner.

Dinner- beef and lentil lasagna, chips salad and broccoli. Coffee

I've accepted an extra shift tonight so I'll have another coffee before igo.

I'm looking forward to Sdays but because ihad dessert on Thursday night its just not as exciting.

cedar

Post by cedar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:58 am

Today ðŸðŸ‘.

Bf- chopped fruit with yogurt, milk and cinnamon with a dash of cream. Coffee and a bite of buttered toast.

L- 3 slices sourdough 2 with avo cream cheese tomato, 1 with honey. Salad filled the rest of the plate. Green tea

D- Veg, pasta salad and 2 boiled eggs.

S days were good, didn't go overboard. I feel a bit dissapointed because the sweet treat I had planned for Sunday didn't happen due to having visitors all day for Fathers Day, from 9 in the morning. We served bacon and egg rolls on the BBQ, with fruit and coffee then everyone stayed and didn't leave until 8pm! We had such a lovely day though..we lit the fire outside and had sausages and drinks by the fire for dinner. Very relaxing though but it was a long day and we nibbled in between the 2 main meals which I just don't find satisfying at all. By the time they left I didn't feel like my dessert I had planned but it was that "it's my last chance for the week so I better have something".. I had some maltesers and tea before bed but I notice today my thoughts are trying to convince me I can have a sweet because I missed out yesterday 🤣.

Got a heap done in the garden today and all my washing so a good start to the week.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:45 pm

You are so busy! All those night shifts and then entertaining family for a whole day! Plus taking care of the laundry and yard..... go you! I hope you have a great week!

Oh - and what you mentioned about being a boring eater and eating the same things every day? I LOVE that! In fact, my dad is like that and he inspired me to name myself automated eater because that is the way he eats and it has been so successful for him. Plus, I think your meals look happy and healthy! Do your boys eat healthy too? That is a struggle in our house.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

cedar

Post by cedar » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:39 am

It was a busy weekend you are right, and even today was busy when I planned on a lazy day after yesterday but I got groceries done and 5 meals cooked for the week so I can now take it easy the rest of the week and just focus on work and sleep👌.

Hmmm do my boys eat healthy..I guess on the whole they do. My eldest hates fruit and that is a battle but he does eat veggies and loves soup so I can always sneak lots of goodness in that way. It's the sweets after dinner that is getting a bit much..lots of chocolates and snacks which is annoying if they have said they are too full to finish dinner! But I'm reluctant to be too strict because my mum was a real health nut and I think that's why I was so obsessed with food..parenting!! Always a challenge!

Today Green.ðŸIve still got dinner to eat but I'm pretty confidant in my habits.

Bfast- 7.30am lots of fruit with some oats and yogurt. Coffee

Lunch- 1.30pm sourdough bread with 2xeggs and avo tomato cream cheese. Slice of apple and a banana (I was soo hungry! Could have eaten more but I had glass of soy milk and it did the trick in ending the meal)

Cup of tea.

Dinner- 6pm turkey patties with veggies and salad. Cauliflower soup.

Milky strong coffee before work.

My weight is still hovering at 56 kilos. I am eating full meals I'm hungry when meal time rolls around so I can't see myself cutting back just yet. Perhaps it's the in between coffees with milk. was drinking black coffee, may have to go back to that but im just focusing on habit and will look into that later down the track. Weight loss would be good but at the moment I don't even feel I have the energy to worry about it. I'm eating well, feeling balanced mood wise and feeling like my body is liking the regular meals again after the fasting. All I can do is take it day by day.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:45 pm

Per your last few lines describing your eating, I think you can’t ask much more than that unless you’re in really dire health straits. Onwards.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

cedar

Post by cedar » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:44 am

Thanks Oolala, you are right. So lovely to hear from you..hope you are going ok. I've missed your words of wisdom😀.

Today I had work training straight after night shift so I didn't get home until 9am, I was hungry and tired and delirious!! I gave myself permission to virtual plate on the way home, I just didn't have the energy or patience to put it on a plate first.
ðŸðŸ‘Œ
Bfast- 9am 2x grainy wholemeal toast with avocado cream cheese and tomato. Banana and half an apple with some cheese and crackers, 1/2 cup of warm soy milk..then Hot shower and bed!

Lunch- 3.45pm leftover dinner, turkey patties veg and salad with some fruit and yougurt on the side. Coffee with milk and brown sugar.

Dinner- not sure what time because I'm still full from late lunch but I've made a beef and lentil lasagna with salad and corn cobs.

Coffee before work tonight.

cedar

Post by cedar » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:34 am

Green todayðŸ‘ðŸ.

Bfast 3x slices grainy toast with avo cream cheese and tomato. decaf.

Lunch bowl of chopped fruit with a sprinkle of oats and milk.

Dinner lentil lasagna with chips and salad.

Looking forward to some sweets tomorrow😀. I think it's coming to that time of month because I've been really hungry!! Short check in today I'm tired.. but I'm proud I've made a green week, I almost caved and had a snack a few times..last night at work when I made my cuppa at work the big container of biscuits in the staff room were calling to me!! But I was determined to not have a fail this week so it got me through.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Congrats on your restraint and snack victory!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

cedar

Post by cedar » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:00 pm

Thankyou Auto..I just read your thread late last night about your children fighting..I don't have any words of wisdom but just want to say 'I hear you!' When I have more time I'll comment on your thread. Good luck and deep breaths.

I just popped in to declare quickly that ,:oops: I was a real "S day idiot yesterday..I don't even want to think about how much I actually ate! But I am pre-menstrual, I was actually really physically hungry I just couldn't get full and I think the last busy week or 2 just caught up with me. I don't like eating that way but I also think sometimes the body just needs it. Anyway today is Sunday and I actually feel good. We've got a morning in the garden which we have told the boys they have to help us, and then later this afternoon my husband is really keen to try a restaurant that's supposed to do awesome Asian food so it will be a nice treat for us all. Today is a new day :D 8)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Sounds like a really fun day and nothing wrong with eating when you’re hungry! Even if it’s a lot!

Enjoy!
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

cedar

Post by cedar » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:26 pm

Thanks Linda! So nice of you to comment, I always check in and see what you are up to 8) .

Sunday was a great day, we got lots of work done in the garden, the boys helped -with lots of whinging from my eldest son but in the end he was really happy and I think he felt really satisfied. My husband was really onto him every time he tried to go inside and get a drink that took 10 mins or go to the toilet for 20!! we all worked together and I have to say these are my favourite moments, the boys are growing too fast and I know it will be these times I always will cherish..don't mean to be soppy. We went to lunch to an awesome Asian place..really yummy. We all really enjoyed and the boys really loved it, and had built up a good appetite from gardening. A great day. Dinner was toast and a cuppa with some chocolate which I actually found way too sweet but I had anyway because it's an s day! We watched a movie and went to bed. Perfect!
Today Monday I feel hungry, I'm going to have a decent breakfast to get me through.

cedar

Post by cedar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:06 am

Bfast = muesli and chopped apple. Coffee 7.30am
Lunch= boiled egg plus ham and salad sandwich, raw carrot and cup of tea 1pm
Dinner= sausage casserole with veg and salad and a slice of buttered bread. Decaf coffee 6pm

I did a walk/hike this morning its at a local waterfalls. Lots of stairs, really nice. Ive accepted an extra shift at work tomorrow in the day 7-3 so it will be strange getting up early and heading to work but i feel excited actually, its a good challenge and something different. Day shifts are super busy though so ill have to keep calm. Extra money will be helpful, weve got a plan for our garden using big sandstone blocks and we need about 40 of them! It will be so beautiful though so extra cash towards that is helpful.

Green today..although i did take a bite of my sons meal at dinner but im going to let that slide.

cedar

Post by cedar » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:22 am

Green today. Work was good, busy and physical.

Bfast 6am. Oats and fruit with boiled egg and 1/2 slice gf toast
Lunch 11.30am. Leftover dinner..sausage stew with veg and banana
Dinner 6pm. Pasta with bacon and vegetable sauce, salad and 2x slices gf bread with butter. Apple. I was so hungry after working and having my lunch at 11.30am but I made it through.

My husband looooves tennis and finally the boys have shown an interest, so we all headed to the local court tonight after dinner for about 1 and 1/2 hrs for a hit/ training session. It was fun and a good family outing..apart from our youngest having a bit of a sook session and refused to join in for about 1/2hr. He warmed back up and he's actually got a really good hit. I can see why my hubby loves it so much, we are hoping to make it a regular thing. So that and running around at work was my movement for today.

I'm tired!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:04 pm

How fun for you all to play tennis!! My husband LOOOOOVES it too. :-) He even plays for-fun tournaments at work once a year. And he takes the kiddos (and neighborhood kids, too!) sometimes.

Cedar - I totally think we'd be best buds if we lived near each other. :lol: 8)

You make such good meals considering your busy lifestyle. I really like the balance you have. I bet NoS is a slam-dunk hit with your naturally organized self.

Are you a nurse? I kept thinking I'd know definitively by now and wouldn't have to ask. :roll: :wink: I teach pre-nursing students at a community college, my grandma & mom were nurses (nights in the ER for my mom with 4 kids, eek), and my sister is currently a nurse.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

cedar

Post by cedar » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:01 am

Auto! I agree😀😎 ! We'd be great buds!! And our men can play tennis together..haha!

I'm a carer not a nurse but I work the same hours. Oh wow..i take my hat off to your Mum..4 kids! I'm 1 of 4 also!

I'm a very basic cook..i think iwould have been good in the 60's/70's..meat and 3 veg and meals on a rotational basis! Monday spaghetti Tues chicken pie etc..!

cedar

Post by cedar » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:41 am

Fail today :oops:

Bfast- muesli diced apple and milk, with coffee and 1x boiled egg

I did a small hike but the top of the mountain was closed for construction so not a huge one today..still got my heart pumping.

Lunch- 3xslices GF toast with ham avo tomato and cream cheese, banana and peanut butter. Cuppa

Dinner was a long virtual plated funny stuff meal. Banana then a spoon of rice then soup and bread and egg and ham scramble some salad. I'm not sure what happened but I was sloppy.

I'm having a strange thing with a friend at the moment that's bothering me..it's so silly but long story short she thought I was annoyed at her and she texted me on Fri night (likely after a wine or 2) and was quite aggressive and saying why are you annoyed at me, I feel I've pushed your buttons and I dare not speak about the subject because you are so snappy about it" I said I wasn't but explained my side but it's just strange and I said to my husband why are girls so dramatic? The thing is now I am annoyed with her because of the way she acted and we were supposed to meet for coffee today but it didn't happen and I just want to not have any friends because I can't stand the conflict. I'll explain the whole story one day, I'm going to have a rest before work. I feel a bit overwhelmed because I've volunteered at my sons school tomorrow as they are having a school sleepover and I've got to have everything organised tonight because I know tomorrow after night shift I'll be zomby mode... ahhhh anyway it will all be ok. One day at a time😀. Sorry just needed to vent.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Omgosh sorry cedar. Friendships are so difficult! I think especially with women maybe because we’re not taught how to just be straight forward about what we want? Not sure but I feel your pain. I sometimes just have to take a break from certain people or even just a brief breaking from socializing. That’s when I just focus on my family for a bit.

Btw just wondering if this a common theme with her or a rare occurrence?

Right before a volunteer event I often wish I hadn’t signed up but when it’s over I’m always glad I did. It’s the getting ready part that’s burdensome.

Anyway, hang in there. You will sort it out I’m sure!
Last edited by lpearlmom on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:42 pm

Oh, yeah, that sounds weird and stressful with your friend. hugs. often times these things do blow over, hopefully sooner than later.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

worth it

Post by worth it » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:03 am

Hi Cedar,

I’m sorry to hear about that incident with your friend! Just wanted to say that I know how you feel when something like this happens, I tend to not want to deal with anyone or anything for awhile. Just take the time you need and I’m sure you’ll find the way through. Hugs 🤗!

cedar

Post by cedar » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:54 am

Oh thanks ladies! I feel silly whinging and therefore being dramatic myself, but I just hate those strange tense feelings with people. Linda it's a new friend actually, we clicked straight away when we moved to a new state , she is the mother of my youngest sons mates (twins), she first dropped her boys over for a play date and I offered her a cuppa she said "no thanks, I'll have a wine though"! From then on have been great friends :lol:

I see her this afternoon at the school so we'll see, hopefully it all just works itself out.

Thankfully my husband will get home from work early today, so he can help bring my son and all the camp gear up to school save me having to go back and forth from home and school in between helping cook for my sons grade. My hubby is so calm and practical, I really appreciate him in my life that's for sure :lol: .

Bfast- muesli with milk and diced apple, black tea.
Lunch- 2x slices grainy wholemeal toast with avo tomato cheese and coffe with milk
Dinner- a mystery! I think it will be rice and tuna and salad unless my husband picks something up on his way home....

So far greenðŸ.

cedar

Post by cedar » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:04 am

Green today.

Bfast- muesli with diced apple milk.
Lunch- grainy toast with avocado tomato cream cheese, crackers with cheese and chutney. Banana and coffee

Dinner- chicken curry with greens and brown rice. Some yogurt and berries. Coffee

It's all sorted with my friend, we are joking and saying it's all good now we've survived our first fight.
It was good because we just had it out, it was all just a stupid misunderstanding and text messages don't help convey the right emotion or meaning so anyway..glad the yuckiness is over.
It was really fun helping at the school, we had to cook dinner for the whole grade 4 for their sleepover. It was a great bunch of people laughing and joking with each other, and it was cute seeing the kids all get their beds ready in the hall, they were so excited. My son is super tired today and we are getting up early and going camping tomorrow so he will need an early night or he'll be grumpy!!

I'm trying to get all the washing done tonight so I don't have to come home to it on Sunday but really I feel like watching a movie on the couch! Camping will be fun though, we are going with my sister in law and her husband and kids. Should be great, we all get along well and my boys love their cousins. Looking forward to swimming and meals on the fire.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:43 am

Glad you guys worked it out! My girls tell me that they don’t really feel close to their friends till they’ve had a fight with them. I guess it just kind of gets yiu to that next level of closeness.

Camping sounds fun!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:12 pm

And you're off again! Wow, have fun camping. Just reading your posts make me tired. I think you might be the Energizer Bunny in disguise.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

cedar

Post by cedar » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:41 am

Camping was fun! We got a great spot on the beach and the weather was perfect, a bit too fresh for swimming- the kids braved it though. We lit the fire and cooked sausages and marshmallows, and then bacon and eggs this morning. Easy and relaxed. It's nice to be home though in my own bed.

I was surprised by your comment Auto because I've always thought of myself as..lazy? Or maybe just because I'm an introvert and home body I feel like I'm lazy socially? Anyway..you are right, I've been busy lately.. we moved states (up north) for a better simpler life and to be closer to family and to take the load off financially, and yes all those things happened but we definitely feel busier up here (the plan was to chill out and take a break) but we are good busy, doing things we want to do. I think it's the weather, it's warmer up here and it definitely makes getting out and about more enticing! This week we have nothing on, it's the boys last week of school before holidays.. I have accepted an extra shift at work so it's 4x nights this week..I'll be very happy to hit the weekend that's for sure. Tomorrow I plan to organise meals for the week and have a rest.. maybe watch a movie.

Auto I looked up that book you mentioned on your thread..looks amazing but I can't get it in Australia just yet. I'm getting good ideas and recipes from the website though, thanks I'm glad you mentioned it!
Thanks lovely Linda.

S days were ok, yesterday was very tame, today I went slightly sweets mad but all in all ok and I'm just not going to worry about that.

cedar

Post by cedar » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:02 am

ðŸðŸ‘ Green Monday.

Bfast- 2xeggs fried plus an apple and yogurt, coffee and milk.

Lunch- chicken curry with cabbage and spinach salad, fig and walnuts on the side. Black tea.

Dinner- pork sausages with steamed broccoli and beans, roasted carrots and sweet potato, tablespoon of brown rice. Ginger tea.

Work tonight..will have 1-2 strong coffee before I go.

No exercise today apart from mowing the lawn and some weeding.

cedar

Post by cedar » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:03 am

Green😀ðŸˆ.

Bfast- eggs fried, yogurt and fruit. Coffee decaf
Lunch- cabbage salad with tuna mayo mix, figs and walnuts. Slice of cheese. Coffee
Dinner- chicken breast with cauliflower and potato mash, corn cob and mixed greens. Coffee

Tennis with the family..another sulk session from the youngest and the boys were fighting which was very frustrating..but we threatened no screens for a week and miraculously they managed to get along! I slept well after work last night, so I'm feeling good for tonight shift.

Absolutely loving the eatthebutter.org website (the easy vintage dinner book), the recipes and meal ideas are lovely and the family have all been impressed with everything I've tried so far. I'm feeling good without so much bread and more fat and real food. Thanks Auto for the tip!👌

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Hey that's really cool! I was thinking your food sounded good (well, it always does -- maybe you should write a cookbook because the way you describe food makes me want to eat....haha!)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

cedar

Post by cedar » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:32 am

Haha..thanks Auto 8)

Last 2 days GreenðŸðŸ‘.

Bfast both days 2x Eggs, apple sliced with yogurt. Coffee and cream

Lunch- 1)leftovers chicken and cauliflower mash plus ham slice with cheese. Fig and coffee
2) large bowl of leftover veggies, salad creamy dressing and tuna.

Dinner 1) cauliflower soup, bacon and vegetable broth on greens.
2) boiled eggsx2 with cauliflower soup, coconut yogurt with blueberries.

I'd love a piece of dark choc right now! S day tomorrow so I can wait.

Feeling good but exhausted..it's been a big week working 4 nights..the boys had a sports carnival at school so I didn't get to sleep until about 11am..then at 2 a delivery guy knocked on the door and woke me up. I couldn't get back to sleep after that so I'll sleep well tonight!!

Looking forward to a nice quiet weekend at home.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:33 pm

A relaxing weekend at home sounds really good! Mine is crazy busy but at least there’s no entertaining to do!

Enjoy!

cedar

Post by cedar » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:58 am

Thanks Linda, had a lovely weekend at home just getting stuff done around the house and a few movies with the kids..my favourite kind of weekend.

S days were ok..not too wild at all..enjoyed some icecream and dark chocolate.

Today green.

Bfast -eggs fried in butter. Coffee
Lunch- tuna salad with creamy dressing. Slices of cheese. Ginger Tea
Dinner- vegetable red curry, with salmon and broccoli. Coffee.

It's school holidays so the boys and I had a lazy morning then met friends at the beach for a scoot and a swim. I love school holidays, no rushed mornings and no packing lunches. Tomorrow we are planning a walk at a fall and a milkshake after (coffee for me), happy daysðŸ‘.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:15 am

This post just sounds like heaven! Back here in the states we are just getting buried in the school year and summer vacay is almost a distant memory. Sigh. I hope you have so much fun & bonding time with your boys this summer!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

cedar

Post by cedar » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:03 am

Thankyou Auto🙂, the boys have 2 weeks off. It sure didn't look or feel like summer today! It was pouring with rain, grey and cold..very different from yesterday. The rain is much needed though,as we are in the middle of a drought, so it is always a welcome sound to wake up to.

No walk today, although the falls would have been beautiful with the added water, we had a lazy morning and then took the plunge and headed to the local shopping centre which everyone else decided to go too I think! It was super busy but we got some Birthday presents for nieces and a friend, and my eldest got his hair cut. I was very tempted to have a hot savoury pie for lunch but the boys wanted sushi so I just had a coffee instead which I thought good I will stick to my proper real food. When I got home I had a salad with some leftover tuna and cheese. I was not satisfied, and fought with myself all afternoon about eating chocolate or toast or cereal..finally at about 5pm I had 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter and jam and a cuppa with a chocolate biscuit. So a fail today with the sweet, but I finally felt satisfied so I've called that dinner and technically stuck to 3 meals..not a total disaster but I think why didn't I just enjoy a delicious hot pie which is perfectly 'legal' within No S. It's proved to myself that I've been trying to be too strict with the low carb, I've gone from too much bread to nothing at all even on my s day..I just want to be able to be balanced not go to extremes all the time. I feel good without too much bread, less fluid retention and I think it's a good thing to add in more veggies and real fat for sure, but there is also a building craving and bread then becomes forbidden. Hmmmm will I ever be normal with food and weight? So I've decided to eat bread if I feel like it but remember not to be lazy and rely on it too much. I absolutely love the vintage dinner site recipes and will absolutely use that to meal plan for my family and I will simply try to be kind to myself. It's just food, I'm not a bad person if I eat a sandwich😂😂😂. I just love this supportive site and no s, I know it's the only sane way of eating. Whenever I feel this hopelessness about my ability to eat normally No S is always a comfort.

Ahhhh what a long post but as always good to get it out. Maybe this is my weight right here, and maybe that's ok 8) .

On a bright note I love hanging out with my boys, they crack me up and make me think..I had some hard and heavy questions today from my youngest "would I rather be 3 or 90?" "Would I rather live in candy land or chocolate land?", on and on..my head hurt! I love that their little heads are thinking about these things and not food, diets or weight! Thank goodness!!!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:43 pm

It's just food, I'm not a bad person if I eat a sandwich😂😂😂
Bwahahaha! No, you are not! It's all about moderation, for sure. Finding that sweet spot (well, not too sweet, hahaha)

No such thing as an overly long post, IMO. :-) People don't have to read it all, and it always feels good to get it out, yes?
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:41 am

cedar wrote: When I got home I had a salad with some leftover tuna and cheese. I was not satisfied, and fought with myself all afternoon about eating
Yes, I have found that the feeling of satisfaction after eating is an important factor in sticking to No S.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:28 pm

I'd like to put my two cents worth in on what's "normal." I've done this in other places on the site, so forgive me if it's a repeat. For eons, it was normal to get as many calories in for the effort expended. Now that it's possible to take in an egregious number of calories for very little effort, it's no wonder it takes some thought to moderate the flow, especially if the body has had the experience of getting a lot. If it continues to take some effort to moderate intake, I call THAT normal. It's NOT normal for ALL individuals to be able to be willy nilly about eating. That's why it's how easy it is to access food and the cultural environment that makes the difference. Only cultures that value moderation have been able to keep the average weight from climbing in the face of rising food availability, and they are being assaulted by the force of marketing. In France, the number of obese people doubled in the 15 years from the late 90's. A lot of it was because of snacking mindlessly, and NOT paying attention to quality meals in 18-24 year-olds, the age at which formerly only a small percentage faced obesity. Each generation takes for granted an intake of processed foods, and that includes sugar sweetened foods (we now consume on average the same amount of sugar in seven HOURS as people in 1815 did in five DAYS) that they regard as normal or even moderate.

I predict that if these countries then resort to American-style dieting instead of reasserting their meal patterns, they'll follow our upward trend. (And their meal patterns often follow only one really major meal in a day, even if they eat three "meals.")

I don't know if that helps or not. It may seem like a bummer that it's going to take up some mental real estate to say NO more often than you would like, but at least it doesn't mean you're abnormal. It does get easier when you come to accept the limitations from the inside (with long experience) than imposed from the outside.

And yes, I'm a bit of a fraud saying that because I've been having a few months of rebellion. Let's call it the 8-year itch. I guess some might say it's because I'm doing x, y, or z wrong, and maybe I am, but until I have an epiphany on that front, I think my explanation-that sometimes the body will take some opportunities to reassert the old overeating pattern and run with it- makes sense.

Just keep going! You're always free later to go commando on yourself, if you think it will help. :wink:
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

cedar

Post by cedar » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks Auto and ladybird 8)

Oolala how lovely to see your comment. You're right, what is 'normal' eating anyway. We don't have a strong culture of eating here in Australia - eating is all day everyday. I have been thinking about what you have written and I think I need to change my focus, it needs to change from trying to be a 'normal' eater (which in my imagination is someone who effortlessly eats 3 meals a day of the right amount and never has any guilt or hang ups or even thinks too much about food, while ofcourse maintaining a slim healthy figure!) to just eating and doing what's right for my body to feel and look it's best while remaining sane! And accepting that we need boundaries otherwise eating becomes mixed up with no clear start and end. I love the 3 meals a day, I really appreciate the break in between meals to get my appetite going and looking forward to food.

I've had green days since my red fail this week. I've changed my vanilla no s to allowing sweets with a meal (small, like a small square of chocolate or bite sized sweet) and I have found that I'm feeling satisfied and not the big build up to S days. And 3 meals a day with clear breaks between meals, even on S days.

Today-breakfast- English muffin with poached eggs and slice of cheese. Decaf coffee
Lunch- corn thins with melted cheese and tuna, banana and peanut butter. Small Greek yogurt with blueberries, coffee.

Dinner- cheese and tomato on 1 slice toast, carrot and apple on sides. Small chocolate and Coffee. Bowl of popcorn. I enjoyed a vodka and Diet Coke with my husband, really enjoyed it on a Friday afternoonðŸ‘😀..
Very lazy meals today..but that's ok everyone was happy to have basic food thankfully.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:45 am

Your boys sound adorable and your mod sounds good.

It’s all about what works for you and what’s sustainable. It’s constantly changing for me but having long periods of not eating whether with nos or with IF has been the constant over the last 5 years or so.

The doing nothing part is easier for me than the rest of it.

Have a great S day!

cedar

Post by cedar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:46 am

Thanks Linda😀. It keeps changing for me too but im trying to keep No S as a good base and tweak from there.

I haven't checked in for a few days and I'm off to work so I'll keep it brief. Feeling good, sticking to 3 meals and having a sweet with a meal. S days were like N days apart from Saturday afternoon we had friends visit in the afternoon for drinks and nibbles, so i just had a small yogurt before they came and "nibbled" for lunch.
I really want to start regularly walking again, im thinking of getting a treadmill which i was always against but we have moved to a beautiful property on acerage but the roads have no footpaths. Each time a car comes i have to jump off the road, its not safe or inviting and im just not walking as a result. So im looking on 2nd hand sites to get a decent one. I figure i can make it a good habit like my 3 meals and listen to podcasts and music without fearing for my safety. Plus im home with the kids and dont have to co-ordinate with hubby etc. Now just to find a decent sturdy one that isnt too expensive.

😀😀😀

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:48 pm

Better to have the option to walk and stay safe. It’s a shame not to be able to enjoy the outdoors, but it is what it is.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

cedar

Post by cedar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:38 pm

I know Oolala, just not the same..although I'm thinking of putting it under the covered area on our verandah so I can be in the fresh air and look out to our gorgeous cows while I walkðŸ´ðŸ´ðŸ´.

Had a really hard night at work last night, im so exhausted and i just wanted to eat heaps for breakfast this morning but i stuck to the right amount and had a big decaf coffee and lots of water.. now off to sleep for me😴.

cedar

Post by cedar » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:47 am

Today green. I'm reading 'the dry drunk' book that Rawcookie mentioned in her check in. It's very interesting and challenging some beliefs I've had. She says, like an alcoholic there needs to be a bottom line, and absolute abstinence. How do you do that when we need to eat? 3 meals a day no eating between meals, no random eating, no adding onto meals once we've started eating NO matter what! She knows what she's talking about and it's very different to the 'eat when your hungry/aim to be a normal eater again' message I've read and been trying to get to for so many years. She says you'll never be a normal eater, because you have an eating disorder/disease..and it's something we have to accept and surrender to..this is where I'm being challenged for sure but I'm just reading it and letting it all sink in. I've struggled with food, dieting, binging and restriction for as long as I can remember..it baffles me why I can't even stick to No S long term when it's the only thing that makes sense to me. Even just last week I started calorie counting and the week before that I was following high fat low carb and not wanting to fess up on here because I'm ashamed I can't keep my word. I watch my husband with food and I'm fascinated..no guilt no hang ups he eats what and when he wants and then he'll completely forget about food for long periods of time. I've been spending a lot of time and energy trying to be him, trying to be a 'normal eater', years and years infact, so maybe I need to approach this differently. She encourages us to get support and tell people about our disease, I'm not ready for that yet but I'll use this online diary in the meantime.

It's very in line with no s without the S Days, she says if we want a treat then schedule it in plan for it ahead of time.

I planned a sweet tonight of a small icecream with dinner, I had dinner then cleaned the kitchen before eating it. It was delicious, I was just wondering how to incorporate the sweet as a meal..did I actually eat between meals by doing that? Hopefully the book will clarify. It reminds me of Rheinhards 'be comically strict' suggestion.

Bfast oats, banana, yogurt and peanut butter, coffee and milk
Mid morning coffee dash milk
Lunch salad turkey wrap with a slice of cheese and small slice of rye bread
Dinner turkey patties with veg and salad. Skinny cow mint icecream.

cedar

Post by cedar » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:39 am

GreenðŸ 1/2hr walk

Bfast Steelcut oats with blueberries, banana yogurt. Coffee
Lunch Ham cheese tomato and greens on rye bread. Banana and sip of milk
Dinner Turkey pattie, boiled egg salad and steamed veg. Dark choc and a choc biscuit, few sips of milk.

ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:19 am

Gillian Riley says dealing with food addiction for most people is more like dealing with sex addiction. Sex addicts are not expected to be permanently abstinent.

If you want me to mess with your mind, see if your library has Over the Influence: the Harm Reduction Guide for Managing Drugs and Alcohol.

Depending on how heavy you've been and what health risks you are taking, complete abstinence as severe as suggested may be the best bet. But you'll see in harm reduction theory that the person comes to the conclusion from the inside out.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

cedar

Post by cedar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:27 am

Thanks Oolala, I'll look at that book but for now I'm still getting my head around the dry drunk.

Today Green. A biiiigggg day in the garden..from 8am after dropping boys to school until 5pm..every muscle hurts! my husband and I acheived so much, it's the best feeling, i love gardening with my hubby we work really well together. And really enjoyed a vodka on the deck afterwards too! I'm not a big drinker but i thoroughly enjoyed.

1/2 hr walk
Bfast - oats blueberries banana and yogurt with some almonds.
Lunch-ham cheese tomato and spinach on rye, boiled egg and a carrot and half a banana. Coffee and milk
Dinner- rice, salad, german sausage and boiled egg.

I'll sleep well tonight!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:57 pm

What a wonderful day! Glad to hear you got to work outside with your husband. :-) AND you went on a walk! LOL
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:54 am

Sounds like a lovely day! Straight vodka?

cedar

Post by cedar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:50 am

Haha..no not straight vodka. Actually a Black Russian, vodka kahlua and diet coke with lots of ice😀.

We are away at the moment, we had a boat tour booked for today that included snorkelling, seafood lunch an island walk etc.. we booked it about 5 months ago and we recieved a call yesterday saying it has been cancelled due to a big storm due today! So dissapointing, but anyway we are with family so we have still managed a swim a bike ride and now just about to have lunch and play some cards as the rain is starting to pour. I feel for my husband because he was so looking forward to it but we can book it for another time.
Green yesterday😀, a bit tricky with plating as were driving abd then we went to a restaurant last night when we arrived but i did my best.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:34 am

Oh that sounds yummy. It seems like ppl on tv are always drinking straight hard alcohol and just wonder how ppl can stomach that.

So sorry about your excursion being cancelled. I’d be disappointed too. Glad you’re making the most of it though!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:06 am

I hope you somehow get your outing rescheduled.....

But overall does sound like you are having a nice time with family!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

cedar

Post by cedar » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:21 am

Thanks Ladies 😊, we are enjoying the holiday, its always good having a change of scenery. We got a full refund from the tour company so we will come back and do the boat trip, it was just dissapointing because we planned it many months ago for when my mother-in-law is here from Switzerland, but she was fine about it being cancelled and is just enjoying being with the grandchildren😀. We leave tomorrow to head home back to reality..

Thursday Red- 3meals with 0 inbetween but small fail at dinner..we got Thai takeaway and all the dishes were for sharing, I served a plate for myself but then added more so = seconds. 🤔I think at home with just my family I would have served myself a bigger plate to start with then wouldnt have added more but being with others i didnt want to be greedy to start..so im still calling it a fail but i think the actual portion was the same as i would have had normally.

Today Green- bfast oats banana blueberries coffee
Lunch- a german sausage, roll and sauerkraut at a festival
Dinner- salad, ham and cheese roll. Glass of Red wine.

New self talk = 3 meals a day, no food inbetween no matter what. Nothing is as satisfying as abstinence (3meals 0 food inbetween). 😀

cedar

Post by cedar » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:45 pm

GreenðŸ‘.

Bfast- coffee, toast with ham avo tomato cheese. Fruit
Lunch- corn thins with peanut butter, tuna potato veg bowl.
Dinner- rice and eggs, peanut butter on 1 slice toast, apple. Milk

Home from holidays, was a great trip away and now it's nice to be back in own bed.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:56 pm

Sounded lovely despite the cancellation. And nice that you didn't get upset with yourself over the small fail. In the circumstance, I think I would allow myself to take my portion and wait to start eating until everyone had served herself, then decide to add a bit more before the first bite and still call it green. I do find I've gotten lax about holding off on seconds when I'm sharing with others.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

cedar

Post by cedar » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Thanks Oolala, it's always a bit tricky sharing food with others-especially my mother in law because she has a tiny appetite and spends the whole time saying how full she is after eating about a 1/4 of what I would eat🤔. Its all part of the learning I guess, to keep my eyes on my own plate and eat what's right for me, because it's very likely if I don't eat enough at my meals a backlash binge may be on the cards!
I felt a bit down today, just out of sorts and flat. It's raining here and we really need it but trying to do holiday washing and getting back into the groove of school and home after being away felt really hard and the grey skies and constant rain seemed to make things harder.
Work tomorrow..I'm looking forward to getting back into it but while we were away I had time to think about work and life and how stressed I have actually been, night shift is hard and I am not sure how long I can continue with it to be honest. I have decided to just get through this year and re-evaluate, there are many pros but my underlying feeling is it's just not healthy. I always feel like I'm in a fog. I'm really committed to my 'abstinence' (3 meals 0 in between no matter what) I think it's highlighting some things I've used food (and obsession with food and dieting) to hide..3 meals with life inbetween is really showing me life inbetween!!
I'm also feel I'm quite grumpy and snappy more and more these days, and being away and having some time off with regular sleep made me feel a whole lot better. Hmmmmm.. tricky. To be fair it's that time of month and on the drive up to holidays I was not a very pleasant person to be around, infact I was a little rude to my in laws. Im not proud of that, I asked my husband if I should apologise but he said I just seemed quiet and assured me it's ok to have an off day. Still it's not a good feeling and that's also made me think about work and lifestyle...

Bfast- eggs on 1 slice grainy toast, peanut butter and jam on 1 slice toast. A few spoons Greek yogurt with blueberries. Coffee
Lunch- 1 slice toast with Swiss cheese. 1/2 Apple and some cashew nuts.
Dinner- (technical fail but I gave myself permission at lunch to have a little extra at dinner because I didn't eat enough at lunch I ran out of time before I had to leave to pick the kids up).
Steak with rice and veggies, salad. A choc biscuit and a square of dark choc..the technical fail was the extra bites after dinner but I'm still claiming green ðŸ as it was all planned and not random.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:50 pm

Night shifts are correlated with 29% greater risk of obesity. Per metastudy of 28 studies. I would imagine pretty high for overweight, too. But it's a personal call.

It's nice your husband said your in-laws would understand. I get exhausted having to be pleasant around other people for long periods of time. They know it, eventually. Geesh.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Yeah, I've been worried about you and those night shifts. My mom did that for many years while she raised 4 kids. I wonder how much it is responsible for some of her current health issues. We can handle anything for a while..... but I do hope you're able to switch to day shifts eventually.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

cedar

Post by cedar » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:45 am

Thanks ladies, I remember when I first started I was talking to some night shift regulars and they both said they had gained a lot of weight since doing night shift, one of them 22kgs! I decided when my pants were starting to get tight to not eat on the shift and just stick to my day meals. I do notice a lot of the staff constantly eat the whole time, for 'energy' I guess. I do notice I'm hungry and tired and can easily succumb to WTH effect the next day, also just no energy so no spontaneous movement..which is ok because I do about 17,000 steps each shift and I'm supposed to be sleeping in the day, but weight does seem harder to manage and keep on top of because of this.
Soooo....I had a talk with my manager today, I've asked to change my nights to work with a different RN as I'm finding the one I'm working with leaves me on my own and makes the job harder. When I work with different RN's it's a completely different shift. I didn't mention why to the manager, I don't want to be a tattletale. I've also asked for an afternoon and even a morning rather than all night shifts..we'll see what comes of it. She was very busy so I didn't really go into my personal reasons but she was open to me changing.
In the meantime I'll take care of myself best I can and just get to the end of the year.

Today greenðŸ.
Bfast-oats blueberries walnuts
Lunch- sourdough cheese ham baby tomatoes, 1/2 slice gluten free toast with peanut butter, maltesers and coffee
Dinner- will be chicken skewers, veg and salad.

Hoping to get a rest before work tonight. ðŸ‘

cedar

Post by cedar » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Fail todayðŸŽ. I did the same thing..added to dinner after eating. I could justify it as virtual plating but i could have just had my one plate and be done.

Bfast- oats peanut butter banana yogurt blueberries. Decaf
Lunch- a milk shake
Dinner- turkey patties, pasta and vegetables. Milk with choc powder and a scoop icecream. Then nibbled some extra dinner while cleaning kitchen.

I had a tooth pulled out today at the dentist which wasnt in my plan! I had so much pain in my right side of mouth starting at work last night, and it just got so bad today i made an appointment at the dentist. It was either root canal for $2000 or extraction $200..i chose extraction! The tooth just didnt want to come out though so i ended up being in the chair for nearly 2 hours while he pulled, cut pulled some more! Finally he got it out, but he had to cut bone and its been bleeding so no work tonight.. my manager was very understanding though but i always have the guilts letting people down.. plus we need the money, especially after having time off last week and the extra dentil cost! I'm glad it's sorted though, i could feel a slight pain for a week or 2 but ofcourse I wait until my body is screaming at me to actually do anything about it😊. Also after he pulled it out the dentist said root canal wouldn't have been successful as i had a split in my tooth so it would have had to come out anyway..so phew im glad i went for that option. So thats why i had a milkshake for lunch. Anyway off to bed now which is weird as I should be heading into work now!

cedar

Post by cedar » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:22 am

GreenðŸˆ.

Bfast- weetbix banana yogurt blueberries, coffee
Lunch- turkey cheese avo on a sandwich. Coffee
Dinner- rice, chicken banana. Glass of milk and choc biscuit.

Will have coffee before work. Mouth sore still, thank goodness for painkillers! :D

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:03 pm

Ugh, sorry about your tooth. That sounds horrible. :-(
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

cedar

Post by cedar » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:49 pm

Thanks Auto, not the greatest experience and still quite painful when the painkillers wear off. Hopefully it will settle and heal quickly.

Today green ðŸðŸ‘Œ.
Bfast- weetbix banana blueberries Greek yogurt. Decaf
Lunch- sliced grainy sourdough x3 slices. 1 with avocado and tomato. 1 with cheese. 1 with peanut butter and jam. Coffee
Dinner- baked beans and buttered GF toast.

Lazy food today, and lots of bread but it's Friday 😎so all good. We were going to get some takeaway but money is a bit tight so decided to make do with what's in the cupboard. I actually really enjoyed simple baked beans on toast! Very filling and satisfying.

Had a few Friday drinks with hubby tonight, and we decided to invite some of the boys friends over tomorrow..now we have 7 extra boys coming over!! Oh boy..wish me luck! Haha..anyway it will be good. We are going to set up a big slide and I think it will be warm enough for a swim. Also planning to light a fire and they can cook sausages and marshmallows. My eldest is very lazy when it comes to socialising and needs a bit of a push, he is very social at school but seems reluctant to invite friends over for some reason which is why we are doing this tomorrow. I'm like that, have always been content with my own company, an introvert but happy to be with people when it does happen. We have been saying to him to invite friends over for ages and he keeps "forgetting" so tonight I just took it on myself to organise and he is actually excited about it. My youngest would have his friends over every day if he could, funny how different they are. Also I found some text messages that my eldest has been sending to a girl in his class..lets just say I was very shocked and not at all ready for my son to be so serious with a girl..it would be fine if it was fun and light but the messages were quite serious and heavy..such as "you make life worth living.."!!! And he was putting himself down calling himself some horrible names and saying how sorry he was for doing something, I'm not sure what (do I want to know??). I just was completely not expecting him to be talking like this. I knew he had a little crush but not like this. My husband (who manages to stay balanced and calm with all things unlike me!) thinks he needs some mates to muck around with and just lighten up and be a boy..so tomorrow hopefully will make it easier and more tempting to invite friends over in the future. He's 12 nearly 13 so I know he's not a little boy anymore, he is in that awkward inbetween stage of wanting to be independent and yet also still wants his family. When we were away last weekend he loved playing with his little cousins, and I noticed if we went for a walk he would go to hold hands with my husband which I loved seeing. But then he would be moody and want to be left alone and was really annoyed with us because we said no phone no screens while we were away. I noticed the first few hours in the car ride he was very agitated and couldn't settle, which I honestly thought it was like withdrawal! Scary!..we have put a limit on screens (1hr day and that includes any school work) but I think he's been sneaking using his phone when he 'listens to music' going to bed. Screens🤔🤔..such a big challenge these days, but it's really just reinforced to me to be strict with it and too bad if he doesn't like it. He was always someone who could occupy himself, I never had to entertain him when he was little, always building lego or Thomas tracks or marble runs..friends would ask me how I keep him busy and I would stare at them blankly because I just never thought about it, then my second was born and I knew what they meant!
I sometimes notice now when he doesn't have screen time he's almost forgotten what to do without it, how to use his brain and creativity. It seems to take home a while to get back to reality and I think I've been very naive. My husband would say let's set a limit and I would say no they are fine it's part of modern life..now I'm regretting that.
Gee it's good having this online diary to go blahhh to! Probably doesn't make sense but it's good to get it out. It's late and I should get some sleep before being surrounded by boys tomorrow! 🙂ðŸ‘😎😀

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:43 pm

Wow - I wish I had an hour to respond but of course I have to run soon.
But.... your post is like my alter-ego down under!!!! (Except that my 12 year old has been challenging since literally his first day on this planet).

I related to SO much of what you said. It definitely makes sense to me, every word of your post I get. Although our boys are different, I know what you are going through!!!!

I'm not feeling articulate or coherent, so I am not able to provide inspiring words. BUT - we are all here for you as we travel the bumpy journey of adolescence. I mean, I'm trying to stay the course but I hope I don't end up in the ditch....or if I do, someone please pull me out.

I have so many freaking electronics discussions on my thread. I constantly say, it is THE most difficult aspect of parenting these days. No question about it in my house.

As to the girl thing, omg I'm thankful Challenger12 is not there yet!!!!! It probably helps that he doesn't have a phone (our house rule was, once he turned 12 he can have one when he can buy it + he has $30 extra chores/month to pay for fees). He always gets grand ideas to save for one, but then spends the $$ on candy or Fortnite skins. Haha

BTW we also have 1 hour limit on weekdays. 2.5 hours on weekends and holidays. All electronics have to stay downstairs. They each have an Alexa in their room to listen to music and books at bedtime. 8pm cutoff every day, even weekends (but family movie exceptions here). Chores done first.

OK do you see how you got me going? This is my life issue right now. :roll:
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

cedar

Post by cedar » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:13 am

Thankyou Auto, I know you get it. It's a super tricky time and I know that they have to go through i, I often just want my little baby back..yet I also do love seeing the young man he is growing into! 8pm is our cut off also, and now the eldest has to put his phone out of his room at night and listens to music on his MP3 player. The girl thing has totally completely taken me by surprise, I'm still trying to process it to be honest. What bothered me was how needy my son came across on his text messages..made me think oh goodness have I not given him enough attention, love, time etc.. ahhh parenting! Thankyou for your input, there is so much to say and nothing to say all at the same time. It's a day by day thing I think, learning as we go with each other because they are certainly struggling in their own way and trying to work out how they navigate life, friends etc..

Yesterday with the boys' mates over was a great success! The boys were great, we put a big roll of plastic on the hill with a heap of water and detergent and they had a ball sliding down it for hours. They then swam and played and we fed them (gee 7 boys can eat!) and they made a little film, played ping pong and rode scooters. They arrived at 10 and left about 5pm so it was a full day. All the parents were saying how good it was to have the boys outside of their rooms and off the electronics..we all had the same concerns and experiences so it's really a common worry that's for sure. Today my eldest even asked if he can invite his friend (who lives just the next street from us) over again today, my husband and I were trying to act cool but really were so happy, we went on a walk with my mother in law then had dinner with her and my sister in law's family so he couldn't ask him over today but even him suggesting it was massive.

So all in all a great weekend.

Eating was great, 3 meals each day. I've marked a fail for yesterday as I kept nibbling after dinner..I felt unsatisfied for some reason and kept looking for food but soon reminded myself that no amount of food will satisfy me in this mood. I think I was just tired from the day of boys!

Mouth is still sore and without painkillers very uncomfortable. I'm hoping it settles itself soon.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:24 pm

Cedar - are you not doing S Days? Or are they not on the weekend?
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:01 pm

You'd better believe those are symptoms of withdrawal. But that can be true for any habit change. It's just that the brain is more intensely and narrowly stimulated by electronics. PLEASE stand by having him have to lay down other neural networks! It is not easy at first. That is the nature of dealing hijacked brain systems.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

cedar

Post by cedar » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:15 pm

No Auto I don't do S days. My main reason is I'm more concerned with no bingeing and S days weren't helping me there. I do include sweets in my meals if I want but I have to plan them at least a meal in advance, for example at breakfast I might decide to have a small sweet with Dinner that night.

Oolala you are right and I am very determined to lay down other neural networks for sure!

cedar

Post by cedar » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:10 am

Soooo the saga continues with my eldest, we received an email from his music teacher saying that while he's a friendly and capable student he is constantly talking and disrupting others and we need to have a talk with him. She also said she was talking to his main teacher and he is the same in his class also. Oh gee..so we've had a big talk to him about respect for others in his class, and especially the teachers who have an incredibly difficult job managing so many students. We have said no screens at all, his phone is confiscated, until we hear back from his teachers that his behaviour is what it should be. He cried and said sorry, he also needs to apologise to his teachers for being disruptive. I think that he has just gotten a bit too big fir his boots, he is feeling like Mr Cool being in grade 6 and he just needs to be brought back to reality and think about others too. I'm upset but I really think it's good for all of us, I need to get stricter with screen time and pay more attention to things, just because he's good with us ( if I ask him to do something he is the one to do it where as my youngest argues and makes it a real chore..but he's an angel at school!!). So yes big wake up call in our household at the moment.

I have all my family arriving in a few days for my Mums 70th..(17 people) I'm nervous. I'm feeling very anxious about how the house looks and just trying to be calm and organised. I don't mean this to sound negative but like I've surrendered to the fact that I'm a compulsive overeater and it's something I need to watch for my life I'm also surrendering to the fact that my house garden etc.. will never be up to scratch for my Mum and Aunty and that's ok..there is no point twisting myself in knots to get things perfect because it never will be according to them. I know that they love me and that it's their expectations not a reflection on me. So I will do what I can, remain calm so I can enjoy having all my family together as it is rare.

On the plus my eating is good. Green todayðŸ
Bfast- weetbix, banana blueberries and milk
Lunch- grainy toast with cheese and egg, sliced apple and yogurt with some cashews
Dinner- chicken and feta tomato pasta, with greens and salad. A small sliver of choc cake that I'm sampling to see if I want to get it made for the birthday lunch. It was nice but very light and fluffy for a mud cake.. the orange and almond cake looked delicious I think I'll order that along with a Black Fores cake.
My teeth and mouth are still very sore, I think I'll call the dentist tomorrow as I still can't get through a day or night without painkillers and I don't like taking so many..he said I should only need them for a few days and it's been 5..hmmm

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:12 pm

So sorry that your teeth are STILL bothering you!! You are too busy and have to much going on to have to deal with that! Grr!

Good luck being relaxed with your mom and a million other people there! Yikes!

And my continued empathy for the plight of the puberty and their poor parents. :roll:
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2