Dalia negra

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Dalia negra

Re: Dalia negra

Post by Dalia negra » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:57 am

Boys and girls!

For the umpteenth time, I will start with No S again. I weigh 15.4 pounds more than the first time I started. I saw a post by Lizzy6 in which I wondered what would happen if I didn't do S for a whole year. I wonder what would have happened if I had continued with No S instead of stopping, dieting and returning several times. Those pounds would probably be down, not up. Or simply, they wouldn't be with me.

But well, I do not come to regret, but to put solution. I spend the day looking for weight programs that I will not follow, that only cause me pain in my soul and cause me to overeat and my compulsion breaks loose. I love No S. And now I am willing to make peace with myself and give myself something that I really like and makes me feel good. I will forget the anguish of weight, of wanting to lose kilos very quickly. That, even if I made a super diet, would be impossible. I have many many pounds left over, and I will also have to invest a lot of time in losing them, and also, suffering, so it is not worth it. Better be happy in the process. Even if I don't lose weight, I am willing to accept that this is the first step to start changing everything in a lasting way, which is what I have pursued all my life.

So enough of talks, today is the first day and I am excited :D

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:19 am

Making weightloss a secondary reason will help a lot :)

Just follow the rules and when you slip up which you will be kind to yourself. You are only ever one meal away from being on track again.

We are all rooting for you.

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Dalia negra

Post by Dalia negra » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:24 am

Thanks Soprano, Always so kind. I love you and I appreciate you so much.

Yes. Wanting to lose weight quickly is my great handicap. But I have realized that even with a "fast" diet it will not be as fast as I would like ... so ... why suffer for that?

Thank you for your encouragement always.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi Dalia! :-) I hope your upcoming week is full of green!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

Dalia negra

Post by Dalia negra » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:53 am

Hello everyone!!

Two days of success with No S.

Yesterday we had a birthday of my 9-year-old daughter's friend. There was a snack (chips, olives, cakes, drinks and then the birthday cake). I drank only a light soda and one and a not very large piece of the birthday cake. I could have eaten more, and in fact, I was hungry, but oddly enough, No S does not make me feel private as in other diets, so I did not want to get stupidly stupid because I had allowed myself a piece of cake and then at home I expected a satisfying dinner . In the end, one of the parents proposed to go to dinner at a Chinese restaurant. I agreed without too much worry. I made the virtual dish (maybe I ate one more tad), I didn't eat dessert and drank water. Again, something in me caused me to decline to overeat. I just didn't want to have a caloric soda or eat dessert to feel too full later. I went to sleep very satisfied with myself. I thought that if I had followed any other diet, probably dinner outside the house had no square with my dietary plans and that would have made me very frustrated. In this way, I was able to dine like everyone else and I didn't "break" my diet at all.

Today is another yellow day and I plan to make my three meals and have a large tub of Haagen Dazs ice cream. I suspect that I will not finish it whole, but I have given myself permission not to blame myself if that happens. It is Sunday!!

I'm taking No S otherwise this time. I think it is because I am firmly determined to make this a solid habit, and then, if necessary, start working from there. We will see. For now, I stand firm with less effort than before.

Dalia negra

Post by Dalia negra » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:54 am

automatedeating wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:41 pm
Hi Dalia! :-) I hope your upcoming week is full of green!

Thank you very much, Auto!!! :D

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:44 pm

You sound good, Dalia. I'm glad you have the idea to make it about a sustainable habit. You can't know what that will look like right off the top. You'll live your way into it. Hugs.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Octavia

Post by Octavia » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Great to have you back, Dalia! Hope things continue to go well.
x