Bob, Checking In, Giving It Another Try!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

friscobob

Bob, Checking In, Giving It Another Try!

Post by friscobob » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:43 am

After a long absense from the No S Diet I am back again, combining great information from this site along with great exercise information from the 20 Minute Fitness Solution website. I had total success today, beginning in the morning with my bodyweight exercise routine and a two mile walk, and following through with strictly following the No S Diet. So hopefully by being an Urban Ranger, following my exercise routine from the 20 Minute Fitness Solution website, and adhering to the No S Diet, I will achieve great success this time around. Best regards, Bob

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:44 pm

Good for you Bob! I'm back here too after a long absence. Best of luck to you.

Hugs!
CarrieAnn

:D

friscobob

So Far, So Good....

Post by friscobob » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:38 am

Well, so far so good, I've been doing my exercises and walking and following very strictly the No S diet. Thanks for the welcome back Carrie Ann, and a big welcome back to you, too, and a big bear hug comes your way! Best regards, Bob

friscobob

All Is Well!

Post by friscobob » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:32 pm

I am still on course doing my walking and following the No S diet. I took a couple of days off from my exercise routine, as I overdid it a little, but will resume tomorrow. So, three days of success.

friscobob

So far, all is well!

Post by friscobob » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:06 am

Five successful days and I'm feeling good. Upward and onward!

friscobob

19 Days And All Is Well!

Post by friscobob » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:33 am

I got away from my calisthenics exercise program, but have stuck with my walking and diet, so nineteen days of success in general. I will get back with my calisthenics routine in a couple of days. I have lost 4 lbs.

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:53 am

Congratulations on the weight loss and welcome back. I am also a return No S-er. It is better the second time around for me as well. More focused I guess. Best of luck and stay on it. Good things are on the horizon if we do.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:08 pm

Belated welcome back, bob, and congratulations on your 4 pounds.

friscobob

Thanks, Reinhard!

Post by friscobob » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:25 am

Thanks for having such a great forum support group along with your great diet and exercise program! I'm in the groove to stay this time around! As of today, I have completed 21 days and everything is falling in place. Best regards, Bob

gettnbusy

Post by gettnbusy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:47 pm

Are things still going well for you?
~I'm still not perfect~
~Sophie~