CarrieAnn's Daily Success Story!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CarrieAnn

CarrieAnn's Daily Success Story!

Post by CarrieAnn » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:05 pm

Day 1: SUCCESS!
Had breakfast, lunch and dinner, no snacks seconds or sweets.

I am so addicted to having something sweet in the evening after dinner. That is going to be the biggy for me, desserts in the evening. One day at a time is the only way I will be able to accomplish this. If I think ahead, it is too overwhelming for me.

Hugs!
CarrieAnn :D

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:41 pm

Day 2 SUCCESS! :D

No Snacks, seconds or sweets. Even when my hubby had ice cream last night for dessert I stayed clear. Someone on this board suggested brushing your teeth after eating, great suggestion. After supper last night I did brush my teeth and I think that did help me not eat anything more that evening.

Hugs!
CarrieAnn

david

Post by david » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:04 pm

Way to go! Is it any easier this time around?

--david

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:17 pm

Hi David,
Thanks for the encouragement! Yes, it does seem a little easier this time, I think for a couple of reasons.
1) I have tried so many different things that I am tired of it and just want something sane and simple.

2) I've always been an exerciser, but in the last year I am in daily pain from a birth defect in my lower vertebra. Now that I am in my 40's it has popped up. I'm still trying to find some form of exercise that does not aggravate that area. Any suggestions?

P.S. Day 3: SUCCESS!

Hugs!

david

Post by david » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:31 pm

My wife swears by the Pilates method, but don't start off w/videos--find a good instructor who can understand your needs. Swimming would likely be good as well. Tai Chi or Yoga might do the trick, but once again, I would recommend a -good- teacher and lots of patience.

--david

friscobob

Way To Go!

Post by friscobob » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:35 am

Way to go Carrie Ann! I just started back also, and this time I think we will both be big winners! Best regards, Bob

CarrieAnn

Post by CarrieAnn » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:24 pm

Thanks Bob, I think we will both be winners too! Thank you David for the excercise suggestions. Day 4 & 5 SUCCESS!

Happy S weekend to everyone out there!

Hugs!