Tess’ daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

eschano

Post by eschano » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:09 pm

I’ve never heard of it - thank you for the tip! I don’t really get to do anything at the moment. I very much struggle to even keep the house vaguely ok. But I’ll get there so those 15 minutes are a real stretch for me.
Today the kind thing I did did involve money - I got myself some nice and comfortable breastfeeding clothes that are also clothes I feel good in which is great because I don’t have much for my current size.

NoS wise I managed another day despite a friend sending us our favourite chocolates but I do have to start to watch those calorific drinks that I let slide so far. (Eggnog latte anyone?) so I’ve either allowed myself an extra small plate or a calorific drink to make up for the breastfeeding although I have a feeling that some days I could drop it.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:15 pm

So I’m 90.2kg which is more than I ever had without being pregnant. But I’m feeling positive and good about myself.
NoS red yesterday and green today. I think weighing myself had a not so great effect and tracking on a long car journey without first eating breakfast to arrive at a friends who had freshly baked cake pushed me over the edge but on the plus side I am back on track today and it is all going well.

DoSomething I might have to call it what it is and just leave it until the new year. I don’t get time

Kindness definitely greens. Yesterday I allowed myself to face my anxiety about a car journey with both kids to see my friend and luckily the girls were very good but I also felt capable and was reminded of my old road trips when navigating around London. Plus, I’ve been allowing myself to love our house as it is and thinking how to finish it off so it is “hygge†especially for the winter. Thinking about decluttering via the Marie kondo method and also about cleaning more.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

eschano

Post by eschano » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Finished the week with some green so that is good. My husband is now onboard so much easier for the future!
Lots of positives on kindness especially in my thinking which is lovely!
Movement was green today as I go swimming with my elder one and it’s lots of holding and lifting her
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:23 am

Lovely to hear that things are going in the right direction :)

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:12 am

Sounds like a great day and getting hubby on board is an extra bonus—woot!
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:28 pm

Happy New Year, Tess!
And you've inspired me to make my house more hygge..... :-)
I've been working my Marie Kondo tidying this week.
Netflix has a new show with her called "Tidying Up". Yep, I've been binge-watching.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2