Jeanniebean's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jeanniebean

Jeanniebean's check in

Post by jeanniebean » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:06 pm

Ok, here it is.

Hi everybody

I am a newbie so please be forgiving if I make mistakes with my postings.

Sorry I'm not starting on day 1 but I sort of muddled around with nos for most of last week before I decided to stop mucking about, pull my finger out and start doing it in earnest again

Today is actually day 5 (days 1 - 4 have all been N day successes and shovelglove successes too

I am 59, British, and suffering from an acute case of the 'Old, Fat and Uglys'

I promise that from here on in my postings will be much shorter and to the point.

Day 5.

Weight 180.2lb

B 2 eggs

L multigrain bread peanut butter sandwich and 1 home-made kefir shake with 1/2 apple, 1/2 banana, dandelion greens and 1/2 tsp of turmeric

Water 2 pints today so far - I struggle to drink plain water but I'm damned if I am going to put juice or squash in it just to get it down. I'm not going to set myself a definite total for water as I reckon any has got to be better than the none that I was drinking before

Please, can any of you tell me if coffee/tea and milk is considered to be a snack if it is drunk between meals? I don't drink much tea/coffee but I don't like drinking it with a meal at all.

I plan to be a vanilla nos so if the tea/coffee has to go then so be it.

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:26 pm

Welcome!
I don’t consider coffee and tea with milk a snack but it depends if there is sugar or syrup in it really. No sugar no snack. However, everyone has a slightly different take on it and Reinhard drinks it black
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

jeanniebean

Post by jeanniebean » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Hi Eschano

ooh yuk black coffee and even more yuk black tea.

If it's not considered a cheaty snack then I will continue putting a drop of milk in it. I don't sweeten my drinks anyway so no foul there.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :)
I will win - not immediately, but definitely.

Your body hears everything your mind says - stay positive.

jeanniebean

Post by jeanniebean » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:29 am

Day 5 success
dinner saute potatoes bacon mushrooms and cabbage a la bubble and squeak.
ended up on 3.5pints of water
cup of semi-skim before bed.
coming down with a cold. Could feel it brewing all day long, and by bedtime it was a streaming nose and a sore throat and aching sinuses
Won't let that stop me though
I will win - not immediately, but definitely.

Your body hears everything your mind says - stay positive.

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:36 pm

Welcome, I'm in the UK too. :)

Fine to drink and tea coffee with milk between meals.

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.