Alene's Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

lpearlmom

Re: Alene's Check-in

Post by lpearlmom » Wed May 27, 2020 2:27 pm

We all have days like that but it sounds like you have a lot of good insight into why you slipped up which is awesome. Great job figuring out what was going on and how to turn it around.

Today will be better!
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Thu May 28, 2020 12:43 am

Yes it was nice to have a little bit of closure.

That is great that you are aware of your eating triggers being putting off stuff you don't want to do. Seriously it took me a long time to realize that I wasn't actually hungry, I was just mad or worried or whatever. I genuinely thought I was hungry. So for you to be able to identify that is awesome! Being aware is one of the first and in my opinion hardest steps.

I am glad you got paperwork done, and that you found a good flow.

Hope you had a good day today! :)

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Thu May 28, 2020 2:33 pm

Alene, I guess it's also possible he's just a sweet and shy little guy. :-) I've known so many babies that do that "cry when it's anyone besides mom" thing even when they've been surrounded by people, especially at that 7month age.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
6/20-22.5; 7/20-23.0; 9/20-23.6
4/21 - 25.2

alene1

Post by alene1 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:14 pm

Linda and Pinkhippie, thanks for the encouragement! Today has been a lot better so far.

Auto,maybe so! I know this is the worst time for separation anxiety so that is probably a big part of it. Trying to chill! :)

alene1

Post by alene1 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Thursday, May 28th, 2020

Today is my husband's birthday, so we'll be getting some takeout and taking it to the new house for dinner. I also got us each an almond joy cookie for birthday dessert. :) I got him some binoculars and a waterproof case so we can leave them down by the water. Whenever we want to get a closer look at a bird or something else in the water, we never have our binoculars. We can hang them in a tree. :)

I've had some good calls today with families and ran a few errands. I'm getting ready to Zoom with my two classes in a few minutes.

Exercise: None
Steps: 8,258
Sleep Score: 77
Last edited by alene1 on Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Fri May 29, 2020 2:54 pm

Good luck with giving up your afternoon snack! I know that was really hard for me too, especially after being out most of the day and then coming home. It's easier now that I rarely leave the house.

Happy Belated birthday to your husband! I hope you two had a wonderful day!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:08 pm

Thanks! We had a relaxing evening out at the house and he liked his stuff. :) Yes, giving up that afternoon snack is a big leap and change for me. But I think it will be so worth it!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:25 pm

Friday, May 29th, 2020

Well, I have to say I was really happy and proud of myself yesterday for making it through the afternoon with no snack! :lol: We also ended up eating late, at 7:40, so I went from 12:40 to 7:40 with no snack. It wasn't really that hard, except for a little anxiety about being hungry. I only got truly uncomfortably hungry about 6:30, but it passed. I'm remembering that hunger comes in waves, and it does pass and then it's just fine. I think in my mind I was creating a belief that wasn't really true about hunger.

I have the best, best news!!! Yesterday my DIL texted me and asked if I could do her a favor. She wants me to watch my grandson!!!!! Oh my gosh, what music to my ears! I am so over the moon about it that I get to spend time with my grandson, hold him, and play with him, and start building our relationship again. I feel like I won the lottery! lol Grandma is going to be going to the store to get him a toy and book. :) I'm going to woo that little sweetie. ha ha I guess he just loves glasses too so I think I'll go to the dollar store and get a pair of sunglasses. Pulling out all the stops. lol

I had an IEP meeting this morning, my last one for the year. Yay! I'm going to exercise in a few minutes, and then get back to work on paperwork. I'm determined to get a good chunk of it done today.

Tonight we're going to get takeout with my stepson and his family, and then we're going to their house to plant some extra dahlias that we got. We don't seem them very often so that will be nice. Better get busy.

Exercise: part of exercise dvd, walking (20M)
Steps: 6,910
Sleep Score: 76

B: oatmeal, turkey sausage, Swiss, almonds
L: leftover Mongolian beef w/rice and cauli-rice, apple w/PB, coffee w/cream
D: fish and chips, diet coke

Green Day
Last edited by alene1 on Sun May 31, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sat May 30, 2020 12:40 am

What a delightful entry! You are going to woo him, indeed! :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sat May 30, 2020 5:23 pm

Thanks Auto! I'm excited to go on a little shopping trip and pick some things out for him. I can hardly wait!!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sat May 30, 2020 9:18 pm

Saturday, May 30th, 2020

We started the day off with a coffee run, and then went on a really nice drive to a nearby small town on the water. We walked on the dock and sat down at the beach for a bit. We used to go to coffee many weekend mornings and sit and catch up after the week. With all this going on we haven't been able to, so it was really nice to be able to have a different and special outing this morning. Boy, that coffee was good too! :) We also went out to a local meat shop and that was fun too. We picked up some local flat iron steaks, pork chops, bacon, sausage, and some organic ketchup to try. Everything was so clean and tidy, and they had some organic produce and bread too. The ground beef we got from them was so good and very noticeably better than the usual.

This afternoon I'm puttering around, tidying my workout space/office, doing some laundry, etc. I need to make my grocery list and plan dinners for next week. I also am going to fit in some movement today. I'm just not sure what it will be. It's supposed to rain but right now it looks okay. Tonight we'll go out to the new house and bbq the flat iron steaks along with some salad and bread probably.

Yesterday went very well with the food. I'm feeling really good just eating my meals. It's still a bit of a stretch, and something new I'm getting used to, but I don't get that same decision fatigue from having to make so many food decisions. Plus, I find other than when we go out to eat, I eat very reasonably at meals. It's always been the snacking that is the issue for me. It's like it opens the gateway to eating that is more about my emotions and state of mind than hunger. A journal I follow on another forum is called, "A snack is always and emotional event." It's from a podcast that I then went and listened to. I think I mentally fought it as not being true, but maybe there's really a lot of truth in it.

Today I wasn't hungry till about noon, because I had the fish and chip dinner last night and then was sipping the coffee all morning. I may do a mid-day second meal instead of waiting till dinner to eat and only having two meals. I'll see how I feel.

I guess that's about it for now. I may go lay down for a few minutes and rest. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Exercise: Sleek Sculpt Express + 10M cardio dvd (40M)
Steps: 7,288
Sleep Score: 75
Last edited by alene1 on Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Sun May 31, 2020 12:17 am

Yay that is great news about your grandson! I am really happy for you!

Sounds like you are starting to figure some eating stuff out. Decision fatigue is a real thing for me, and if I eat well enough at a meal (unless I do really hard exercise in between meals) I typically don't need a snack either.

Your planned evening sounds wonderful! Have a great rest of your weekend!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sun May 31, 2020 3:13 pm

Thanks Pinkhippie! I think the key for me, as you say, is eating well at your meals. That includes enough food but also a delicious and nourishing meal.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sun May 31, 2020 3:21 pm

Sunday, May 31st, 2020

Wrapping up the month of May. I have to say I'm glad it will soon be behind us. June brings the end of school, seeing my GS, and the freedom to do more of what I want to do. I really do need to sign up for some summer classes though. I want to get 10 credits this summer to bump myself up on the pay scale. I have some ideas of classes I want to take. I better get on that!

Yesterday was good. A bit odd with not eating breakfast. My body let me know later. :lol: Hey, what happened to breakfast?! But I am so enjoying my new structure. I would have preferred to just do the 3 meals, but it didn't work out that way. The No-S structure makes me feel safe and sane. Really and truly the snacks were the gateway to emotional and binge eating. I am not feeling any desire to run out and eat all the things on my S days at all. Today we are celebrating my husband's bday with some family out at the house. I'm making my yummy carrot cake, and I'm looking forward to it a lot, but I'm also looking forward to maintaining my basic structure and balancing the rest of my eating day a bit. I'm only going to get on the scale once a week, each Thursday. It is feeling better for me to weigh less often and focus on my behavior.

I'm doing my weekly shopping and getting cake ingredients this morning. Better get to it! I'm planning on a brisk walk later this afternoon if the weather allows.

Interesting thing. My sleep score was much better last night, and I think it's due to the exercise. My restorative sleep was much higher, mainly due to my heart rate being below my resting heart rate most of the night. Good information to have. I'll keep an eye on that and see if it's a pattern. I think I'll start adding my sleep score here too.

Exercise: 50M walk
Steps: 13,430
Sleep Score: 90
Last edited by alene1 on Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Sun May 31, 2020 7:24 pm

Hello from a fellow Washingtonian! I hear you about the scale! I have been weighing myself daily for years, and it hasn’t done much good. I think I will experiment with weighing less often, and focusing on behavior. I’ve been wearing my Fitbit to bed more often, and I find the sleep score to be very helpful.
Committing to a fresh start, with 3-4 plates and no snacking.

1/2018 Current BMI: 31.8
2/2018 BMI: 31.5
4/1/2018 BMI 31.5

alene1

Post by alene1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi Clarinetgal. Thanks for stopping by my journal. Yeah, all that weighing hasn't really done me any good, as you say. I think focusing on behavior for one full week, and not needing immediate feedback will help me become more patient and focused on the long view.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Monday, June 1st, 2020

Yay! It's June! 3 more weeks! lol Had a really nice day with the kids at the property having cake. My DH and I took a walk last night before bed that felt really good. It was an interesting eating day. I didn't think I would take full advantage of my S day, but I did after all! The great part was not feeling any guilt. I didn't realize what a big part guilt plays in my eating life But I felt like I could fully enjoy my treats, and that felt really good! I had a victory that I feel really happy about. I went to Trader Joe's and did my shopping, and saw these peanut butter cookies that looked really good. I got some, and tried one in the car. In the past that would have 100% been the start of a binge, but not yesterday! I sat and ate it slowly, tasting it, and seeing if I was actually enjoying it. I didn't just scarf it down in binge mode, or like I was doing something wrong or not allowed. As I ate it, I asked myself if it was worth it. Worth the calories for the taste and quality of the cookie. Nope! I had the one and then threw away the rest of the box. That felt pretty amazing! I enjoyed my homemade carrot cake very much, and enjoyed having a little handful of nuts before bed. It was a great S day, and I feel ready to get back to a Normal day! I've been listening to Reinhart's podcasts and really enjoying them, getting little tidbits from them.

Today will be packet pickups for the kids.Then I need to run to the bank. Then I'm going to finish up the most dreaded of the paperwork. lol That will feel amazing! I made really good headway on Friday. Getting there one step at a time.

Exercise:70M walk
Steps: 14,496
Sleep Score: 68 (but it only picked up 3 hours of my sleep for some reason)
Last edited by alene1 on Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:12 pm

Hey Alene!

Wow what a huge victory with the cookie! Even if you had eaten them all, just sitting there and being aware and asking yourself if it tasted good enough to eat a lot of is amazing! And then being able to realize that they weren't really that great. Go you!

Also carrot cake sounds kind of amazing right now. I might have to make some at home for next weekend. Sounds like you did a fabulous job of listening to your body and giving it what it was asking for. Yay!

Also yay for finishing up the paperwork! I hope you get as much done today as you want to!

Happy Monday! :)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:14 pm

Yay—sounds like things are going really well! Fantastic job with being so self-aware & then being able to act upon it. That’s a really important part of self-care I think. Sometimes I like to ask myself how I’ll feel not just while I’m eating something but an hour afterwards. Sometimes it’s just not worth it.

Did you say your new house is by the water? Is that a lake or the ocean? Either way, I’m so jealous! 😊

alene1

Post by alene1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:37 pm

Pinkhippie, thank you. It felt really different than it usually does when I'm in that kind of situation. Baby steps of progress. The carrot cake is pretty amazing! Totally worth it.

Linda, yes our new house is by the water. It's on an inlet in the Puget Sound. I'll have to post some pics soon.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020

Exercise: none
Steps: 5,438
Sleep Score: 79
Last edited by alene1 on Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:52 pm

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020

Well, yesterday was amazing! I got to go and take care of my grandson for about 5 hours. It didn't take him long to warm up to me as I had feared it would. He even took an hour and a half nap in my arms. Heaven. My heart feels renewed and things feel much more right with the world.

Today I'm doing paperwork and I also have transition meetings for my students moving on to kindergarten. That's about all there is to report. Feeling kinda lazy and unmotivated today.

Exercise: 30M walk
Steps:9,569
Sleep Score: 77
Last edited by alene1 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:59 pm

Yay! That is so great that you got to be with your grandson for so long and that he warmed up to you. It's funny how when you are a mom, it can be kind of stressful when the baby naps in arms but as a grandparent, it's the best thing ever. Well, at least that is how I felt when my kids were babies. Sometimes it was amazing but sometimes I had things I had to get done! :) When my oldest was a baby her grandparents loved to hold her while she napped.

I hope you have a good day today!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:04 pm

Thanks PH. It was just wonderful, and a relief that he wasn't afraid of me. My hubby will get a turn to hold him this weekend. :)

alene1

Post by alene1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:08 pm

Friday, June 5th, 2020

Yay, it's Friday!! I have an early meeting and then family phone calls and paperwork today. Two weeks plus today. :lol:

I've gotten in some nice walks this week. I want to get back to my weights again. My daily schedule is always different so I'm finding it hard to get into a routine. I will work on a schedule. Once school is out I will settle on one for sure, for week days.

I'm not going to post my food anymore. It just makes me feel discouraged and icky when I have to come and post mindless eating. I also keep changing my mind about what I'm doing, so it's kind of pointless. I will just post about it when I have good things to share, or if I need to vent.

I hope everyone has a nice Friday.

Steps:11,102
Last edited by alene1 on Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:15 pm

I know what you mean about changing your mind about what you are doing. I have the same issue. But I find it helpful to post it, only to read back over it years from now. :D I am too close to it right now but if I read it later sometimes I have realizations. This is a great place to post positive things to share and to vent. I have been grateful for this forum many times for that.

I had to take a break from my weights because I have a pulled neck muscle but I miss them too! You said you did the bodyweight exercises right?

Happy Friday!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:20 pm

PH, I do weight workouts, mostly with exercise dvd's. I actually really love doing weights. It just seems easier lately to get in a quick walk instead of changing into workout clothes, etc., especially if it's nice outside! :)

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:24 pm

Saturday, June 6th, 2020

Exercise: 65M walk
Steps:10,206

Sunday, June 7th, 2020

Exercise: 70M walk
Steps:12,245

We had a great Saturday. My husband got to hold our grandson for the first time in 3 months, and he was in heaven! He took a nap on him, which he loved, and wasn't scared of him at all. My son and DIL went out for lunch and grocery shopping so we had a few hours with him. So wonderful!

We went to my daughter and SIL's and took a great walk and then had take-out burgers and fries. My splurge for the weekend.

Today we'll do some work out at the new house, maybe take a walk, and I'll be doing my weekly grocery shopping and planning meals. Of course there's always laundry and tidying up my extra bedroom space, and cleaning the cat box.

Feeling good about my eating, and will post more about that as I feel like it. I want to get some good days under me.
Last edited by alene1 on Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:57 pm

Oh I’m so happy you’re getting some family time and finally get to hold your grandson. I’m glad it was pretty seamless! 💜

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:58 pm

Oh ok! I must have gotten confused. Any dvd's you recommend? That is so nice that your husband was able to hold your grandson!

So glad you feel good about your eating! And congrats on your 10 K steps!

clarinetgal

Post by clarinetgal » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:33 am

It sounds like you had some great family time! I like lifting weights, too! It’s my second favorite form of exercise (my favorite is Taekwondo).
Committing to a fresh start, with 3-4 plates and no snacking.

1/2018 Current BMI: 31.8
2/2018 BMI: 31.5
4/1/2018 BMI 31.5

alene1

Post by alene1 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:26 pm

PH, I love Jessica Smith workouts. She has lots of dvd's, and tons of free workouts on YouTube. I also like Ellen Barrett, Beachbody workouts, Kimberly Spreen, and The Firm. I have a huge collection I've accumulated over the years. :) Thanks on the step count! The last three days have been good with my walks.

Clarinetgal, I really haven't done taekwondo, but I would probably enjoy that. :)

alene1

Post by alene1 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:28 pm

Monday, June 8th, 2020

Two more weeks! I'm on the countdown for sure. We should know a little bit more this week about what fall will look like. We get to be in the classroom all day tomorrow, and that will be so nice. I will get lots done there. Today is packet pickup and phone calls home, staff meeting, plus some paperwork. I'm planning on a weight workout today.

Steps: 4,853
Last edited by alene1 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:01 pm

Thanks for the recommendations! Jessica Smith and Ellen Barret look cool! I seriously have about 4 weight workout books from the '90s that I rotate through. I could definitely use some new material!

Woohoo! Only two more weeks!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:16 pm

Yeah, I really like both of them. They have a good vibe, and they are more about health and taking good care of your body/heart than about, "shaping up for swimsuit season." lol That's important to me. What books do you use?

alene1

Post by alene1 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:20 pm

Tuesday, June 9th, 2020

Steps:6,352

I'm going to spend the day in my classroom today, so I hope to get a lot done. It's rainy and dreary this morning. They painted the outside of our house yesterday. It is quite a bit brighter than I thought it would be. More like a mint green than a sage. I have to say I am going to, "have to get used to it." I think the white trim will help. On the plus side, it will be cheery on these rainy and dreary mornings! I like the color itself a lot, but it's a lot of bright~

Wednesday, June 10th, 2020

Steps: 5,014
Last edited by alene1 on Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:31 pm

Yeah I liked that about those authors too.

My favorite weight lifting books I own are:

Peak 10 by Chris Imbo ( this is a hardcore aerobic and weight lifting program but I usually just do the weights)

The College Dorm Workout by Joyce Vedral and her daughter ( I like this one as it has modifications for the lunging exercises for my ankles. It is very intense though)

Strong Women Stay Slim AND Strong women stay Young ( I really like these as they are not super intense and I am always REALLY motivated to lift weights after reading these) Miriam Nelson

Denise Austins Hit the Spot ( haven't done this one in a while because its very lunge heavy and my ankles can't take it)

I think those are my main ones!

I bet your house is pretty! It can be a shock when it's a different color than you envisioned but it sounds lovely and cheerful. I think the trim will help too.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:22 pm

I recognize some of those authors. I really have to watch my knees with both squats and lunges too. I can do reverse lunges carefully and squats that don't go too deep. I am really craving a good weight workout.

The paint color is indeed, growing on me! It also looks a little darker now that it has dried. As my husband said, we'll have the bright, happy house of the neighborhood! lol
Last edited by alene1 on Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:37 pm

Thursday, June 11th, 2020

Exercise: 40M weight workout
Steps: 8,565

I really feel like I've been living in a numbed-out state this week. I am just so over this school year. It just feels like I'm going through the motions and crossing all my t's and dotting my i's. Preschool and distance learning just don't mix. I know our district did the best they could to figure out a temporary plan, but I will be so, so glad to say goodbye to this school year. It doesn't make you feel good inside when you don't feel like you're really doing what you were meant to do, and want to do. But that has led me spend a lot of time numbed-out with social media. I guess just wanting to escape the current reality and how it makes me feel. Part of it is me taking some time to "thaw" myself out. Stepping away from my phone and computer and being outside, reading a book, doing some yoga. Just tuning back in and connecting with myself. I'm looking very forward to that.

On the food front, I've been eating in a more purposeful way, accepting that sometimes I use food emotionally, yet still having enough consistent days in my "zone" that I can lose 1/2 to 1 lb. per week. That's my goal. I will do my official weigh-in each Friday to see where I landed. I will probably post that here, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow! :) My focus is consistency, perseverance, and stick-to-it-iveness!

Today I'll be doing family phone calls, my last class Zoom calls for this year, and possibly going up to school for a little while and dropping off some of my school stuff. I'm going to take most or all of my things back to my classroom. We get to be in our rooms next week so I will have time to organize, which will be great!! Coming into the home stretch and I couldn't be happier about it.

I'll also get in a weight workout today, maybe a little walking. This morning will be my morning yoga practice. Wishing everyone a good day.
Last edited by alene1 on Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:08 pm

Yes I haven't done my weights in almost 2 weeks because of this neck thing. It is getting better and I can really feel improvement, but I miss my weights.

I can imagine how tough it would be right now to be a teacher for the preschool age group! A big part of that job is the connection with the students and I always found it to be a very tactile job as well. That would be so hard! Im so glad for you that you are coming into the home stretch!

Sounds like you have a great focus on the food front! It's really all about consistency in the long run.

I hope you enjoyed your day!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:58 pm

Thanks PH! My workout felt really good. I hope your neck gets back to normal soon so you can get back to it!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:06 pm

Friday, June 12th, 2020

Exercise:
Steps:

Happy Friday! It's grey and rainy out there, but I don't care. It's Friday! lol Feeling really happy that it's the end of the week and I don't have any commitments to anyone but myself. I'm done with all my family calls and Zoom calls and time up at school. Today I'll be working on some end of school year paperwork, exercising, and doing some laundry, cleaning, and tidying. Tonight we're going to do our weekly take-out night.

My workout yesterday felt great. I'm excited to get more consistent again. Some cardio is on tap for today.

They painted most of our white trim yesterday, and it looks really good! We are really pleased with how it's turning out. It just took a little adjustment to the extra brightness. :) We're hoping they get out there and start the sheet rock today. One step at a time!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:55 pm

Yay—happy friday! Glad you had a good workout. When im in a good exercise groove I cannot imagine not working out. Everything is just better when ive exercised.

Glad you’re warming up to the color. Im always impressed by the colorful houses in other countries. I always wonder why we are so boring in the US.

Have a great weekend!
Last edited by lpearlmom on Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:37 pm

Im always impressed by the colorful houses in other countries. I always wonder why we are so boring in the US.
I agree!!! I agree!!! Bring on the color!

Alene - I am so FEELING RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE AT!!!!! I feel like an elephant is finally stepping off me and I feel light as a feather with the end of the quarter in sight! :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:33 pm

Thanks Alene! With muscle injuries it always seems like one step forward two steps back, but hopefully it will be ok soon.

That is awesome that you are getting into the exercise groove and enjoying your workouts!

Also yay for liking the color of your house! We have a neighborhood that they painted every house bright green, or bright blue, and I love it. Its such a cheerful idyllic looking neighborhood.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:47 pm

Omg, did realize that spellcheck made “countries” into “questions”. I really need to slow down. Thx for knowing what I meant though Auto! ☺️☺️☺️☺️

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:13 pm

Linda, figuring out funny writing is one of my best skills. Hahahaha! And also reading otherwise-illegible handwriting by my students, although that particular skill is becoming obsolete.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

alene1

Post by alene1 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Linda, PH, and Auto, thanks for coming by. Linda, I knew what you meant too. :) Glad you're feeling lighter, Auto! I'm getting very close. Two more days of paperworky things and then I'm with ya!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:08 pm

Good morning all. The rain is coming down this morning, but it looks like the next 10 days or so should be beautiful. How wonderful! I'm so happy about that. We had a great weekend with lots of family time. Today we have our last packet pickup. Today and tomorrow will be the last of my paperwork if all goes as planned. Famous last words! I do just want to get out from under all of this and feel light and free like Auto!!

I'm focusing on paring things down and simplifying my life this summer. Less internet, less phone time, less apps, less distractions, and more connection with myself, with my body through yoga and meditation and through horses! Looking into equine experiential education. That sounds amazing to me. The first lesson is free, so I just sent and inquiry.

Time to get to it! Happy Monday. :)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Wow you sound like you’re in a great place! Love the idea of cutting down on electronics. I deleted my Facebook account recently and it’s been very freeing!

GL with the last of your paperwork. You definitely sound motivated. 🌺

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:06 pm

Happy Monday!

Im so glad for you that your paperwork is almost over! Sounds like a great idea to unplug a bit and connect with yourself. The equine experiential education sounds very cool. My mom was very into that, but she was also a soul mate with every horse she met. :) Do you have a background with horses?

Linda that is awesome you deleted your facebook account! Wow! I haven't been able to do that yet, but I want to.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:24 pm

I LOVE your idea about the equine therapy. Love love love it.

Also, I support you very much in cutting down on social media. I am not on social media whatsoever and I do not regret it for one second. Although, I guess NoS is my social media. :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

alene1

Post by alene1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:35 pm

Thanks Linda!

PH, funny about your Mom! :) I do love riding horses. I rode a lot as a teenager. I took riding lessons this last year. I'm excited to see what the experience is like.

Auto, I'm looking forward to having more time and more room in my head for other things, experiences, just being. It's a really strong pull and we are so used to having stimulation and information coming into our brain 24/7. It's like gravity and you have to work to pull away from it.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:39 pm

Wednesday, June 17th, 2020

Guys, I'm almost free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a ton of stuff done yesterday so now I just have one set of paperwork to finish up today. My teaching assistants and I are going to visit homes today and say goodbye. I'm going to bring them each a balloon and I think a card. My co-workers and I are going to stop at a food truck and get a yummy Asian salad for lunch. The sun is coming out and it looks like it will be a great day!

Steps: 12,529

Thursday, June 18th, 2020

Exercise: None
Steps: 8,772
Last edited by alene1 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:43 pm

That is cool that you rode horses. did rode horses as a kid and teen too but never got into it. I do like horses, just not to ride. :D

Wooohoo! I am so excited for you! Sounds like you have a great day planned!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:06 pm

Friday, June 19th, 2020

The big day has finally arrived!! I need to finish organizing and tidying up my classroom this morning and then we have a teacher party afterwards. It was fun visiting the kids the last two days. They just loved their balloons!

I'm going to try something new with talking about my food here. I'm going to step back and take a look at the day, big picture. Thinking about how balanced my day was. Some fruit, a good amount of veggies, plenty of protein, eating the just right amount of food, not too much sodium, etc. I'm trying to step back and think about how well I can nourish my body, dropping down into my body and asking what it needs. It feels good to me to think of it this way.

I hope everyone has a great day. This is going to be the happiest of Fridays for me!!

Steps: 7,507
Yoga/Meditation: none

Eating: My eating wasn't very balanced today. I had 3 meals and no snacks. We had our end of year teacher party so that was a big meal with taco salad, chips and dip, lots of wine and desserts. I was definitely over-full, but had a great time! Friday night is typically our take-out night, so I had a burger and fries. I did skip my nightly Yasso bar, as I was definitely not hungry. This isn't a typical eating day for me.
Last edited by alene1 on Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:36 pm

I like your idea about looking at the big picture, the day overall.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:12 pm

I am interested to see your big picture food insights. That sounds like a good idea.

Have fun at your teacher party!

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:35 pm

Yay! Im so excited for you and love the idea of you just “being” for a bit. When i sent my youngest daughter to school, everyone would ask me what i was going to do now with all my free time. I was like I don't know probably stare at a wall for a few hrs. After being home all day with two intense kids while my husband worked constantly, all i wanted to do was nothing at all.

I also really like the word “nourish”. It invokes love, self-care and pleasure. Definitely a positive approach to feeding oneself. 💜

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:43 pm

June 20th, 2020

Steps: 12,634
Yoga/meditation: none

Eating: I felt good about my eating day. I had a bigger lunch meal with leftover teriyaki, and a cookie in the afternoon for a sweet treat with DH. Dinner was a dish I put together with lots of zucchini, chicken breast, and a sauce I make with Laughing Cow Light wedges and chicken broth. So I had a good serving of veggies, a good amount of food for the day, and finished eating earlier than usual. No fruit serving today.

June 21st, 2020

Exercise:
Steps:
Yoga/meditation:

Eating:

It's been a good weekend so far. We took a drive yesterday to a nearby garden. It was raining pretty hard on and off, but we managed to wander around and see most of it, hiding under trees as needed. There were four little kitty cats wandering around too. They were really sweet. One of them was following my DH after he gave him his famous ear scratches. My kitty just loves them. lol We went to the new house after dinner and took a solstice walk and did a fire by the water. It was a beautiful evening and we really enjoyed it.

It doesn't seem real that I'm actually done with school. I still feel rather numb and disconnected from myself. Tomorrow will be my first day alone and I will have time to do some yoga, take a walk, do some expanded journaling, and just let down from it all. I think I'm going to feel so much better when I have that alone time to do that. I'm going to go have an outdoors dinner with my Mom and sis tomorrow too.

Today will be grocery shopping, exercise of some kind, some laundry and tidying, and then dinner down at the house. We'll bbq some pork chops, and have some potato salad and a green salad. I'm looking forward to a quieter day today with less busyness.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:56 pm

I still feel rather numb and disconnected from myself. Tomorrow will be my first day alone and I will have time to do some yoga, take a walk, do some expanded journaling, and just let down from it all. I think I'm going to feel so much better when I have that alone time to do that.
I totally relate to this weird feeling of let-down that occurs at the end of the school year.

But it will soon pass, probably quickly thanks to your great self-care, and you have such great self-care plans.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

alene1

Post by alene1 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:12 pm

Good morning. We are heading out on a 6 day trip to Idaho. I will probably not post until I get back. Have a great week!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:14 pm

I hope you have a lovely trip!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:26 pm

Have a great trip!

"see" you when you get back! :)

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:15 pm

Have a wonderful time! 💜

alene1

Post by alene1 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:12 pm

Thanks everyone! It was a fun trip. Different than usual, but we took a few great hikes, spent time at the beach, visited an arboretum, took walks, had some nice meals and good coffee. Always good to be home though!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Friday, July 3rd, 2020

I'm back! Feeling really good this morning because I have a plan and I'm committed to it. I'm supported, I have structure and clarity, and I know this works for me. It's a program that I have done in the past and was very successful on. It doesn't follow the No-S structure, but rather small meals/snacks and a larger dinner. My body really does seem to like it, and my mind too. There's a companion book and workbook to work through too for mindset and continuing to optimize your health by building healthy habits. I also have an awesome coach that works with me.

I weighed in this morning and I have 53.8 pounds to get my goal weight. I've been doing a lot of "last supper" eating. I feel relieved to be past that on now on my path to health and happiness. I have felt very flat and very down and numb recently. At this weight I don't feel good physically, and I don't feel good mentally. I am soooooo ready for this!

Yesterday was my birthday, so I bought myself a new iPhone. Fun! I love it. I just finished getting everything all set up. It is so much faster and has lots of memory. We met my daughter and SIL for dinner at one of our favorite little towns on the water nearby. My daughter made us some yummy red velvet cupcakes and we went on a walk. It was a fun evening. Today is our 1 year anniversary! We're going to keep it simple. Dinner at home and then probably a walk out at the new house and a fire afterwards.

I have a lot I'm going to do today. Some laundry, tidying, shopping, reading and working in my workbook. I'm looking forward to a day mostly at home. Good to be back!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:49 pm

Happy Birthday!
Happy Anniversary!
Happy New Plan! :-) I love that your program has a workbook. I love workbooks! :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:12 pm

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!

Sounds like a lovely evening! I am glad you are feeling good and you have a plan that you feel good about following.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:03 pm

Happy Birthday & Anniversary! 🎉🥂

I’m excited for you about your plan. I’m also feeling ready to go forward with my weight loss and have been listening to a lot of weight loss memoirs to keep me motivated.

I’ve got about 40 lbs to go. We’ve got this! 💜

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:54 pm

Thanks so much PH and Auto. It's been a fun couple days.

Linda, which memoirs are you listening to? I'd love to do the same!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:09 pm

Friday, July 3rd, 2020

Exercise:15M upper body
Steps: 7,140
Plan: The day went great

Saturday, July 4th, 2020

Exercise: 80M walk + short evening walk
Steps: 20,255
Plan: All went well. Feeling a bit blah mentally but I think it's just my body adjusting to my plan.

Sunday, July 5th, 2020

Exercise: 40M walk
Steps: 9,804
Plan: Good day. A bit tired for sure, but a good day.

Good morning. The sun is coming out and it looks like it will be a nice day. Yesterday went pretty well. All went well with my eating, but I felt emotionally blah. I had a bit of hunger here and there but overall felt good. We got up and out early and got coffee and took a walk at a nearby wildlife refuge. That was probably the highlight of the day. I did some reading in my Plan book, which focuses on the habits of health. We went out to the house and did some watering and gardening, and then did bbq chicken and salad. There were tons of fireworks going off on our side of the water and also across the way. Pretty amazing actually! But I'm an early to bedder so I got pretty tired and wished our new house was ready so I could head to bed. Since my mood was kind of blah I just felt ready to head home. Our neighbors had a whole bunch of young people over for the day and then brought tents to stay the night. I didn't mind, but usually like things a little quieter. Most of all I just missed being with my family. Most everyone had 4th of July plans already, so we just hung out there by ourselves. Normally we go to my Mom's. Next year I hope to have the whole gang over to hang out, play yard games, do a bbq, and enjoy the fire. We have enough room for several families to stay the night too if they want to. It will be so great to be in the house by then and have everything at my fingertips.

Today I'm going to get a few groceries, probably take a walk, and do more reading and work in my books. Ooh, forgot to say that we saw two owls last night on our walk!! We heard cooing/hooting and looked up and there they were, calling back and forth to each other. I had never seen an owl out in nature before, so that was super cool. We also saw a fox run across the road. I guess it was the time to see wildlife! :)

I'm having those early days drop in the scale. As of this morning I have 50.2 lbs. to go to my goal. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Last edited by alene1 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:34 pm

Wow - you saw a FOX? That is special/rare indeed.

Sorry about you feeling a bit blah. And I know how much you thrive on being with your family and miss them on special days like holidays. I bet next year will be so fun with everyone at your new place!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:59 pm

Blahs seem to come and go. I can't find a consistent pattern. I just try not to make them worse, though who knows? Maybe even worse ones will lead somewhere.

Best wishes for the next stage plan. Conviction is good stuff, even better than inspiration, IMO. I need to write an entry on the difference from my vantage point.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

alene1

Post by alene1 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:17 pm

Auto, you're right. Being with family lights me up! We have a pair of foxes that we see around the property but they haven't been around much lately. We love seeing them!

Oolala, thanks for the visit. I have a new and strong deep sense of commitment now. I think it needs to be there to get through the fleeting moods we go through as our motivation waxes and wanes.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:29 pm

Monday, July 6th, 2020

Happy Monday y'all! The sun is coming out and that makes me very happy. It was a good weekend. Took it pretty easy yesterday. Went to Costco and puttered around. We went to the house last night and took a walk and sat by the water for a while. I felt extra tired yesterday, which I expected.

Today I'm going to make a master list of things I want to accomplish this summer. Some of those things will be going through all my stuff and getting rid of as much as I can before we move. The other is researching the things we need to buy for the new house so that when we're ready to go we can just go ahead and order them. My DH likes to do a lot of research before buying things. :) I'm going to take a walk today, go spend some time by the water at a local park probably, and do some reading and writing in my book/workbook. I'm excited to have some time alone today to just be. Weight is continuing to move down, and that is very encouraging for sure. I was so ready for this. My husband is very supportive and that makes me feel good. Here's to a great start to the week.

Exercise: 35M walk
Steps: 9,107
Plan: All went well again. Getting in the flow.
Last edited by alene1 on Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:08 pm

I am glad you are feeling so good and that your husband is encouraging and supportive as well. I think that can make such a huge difference. Congrats on the scale moving down! I also love to research before buying things. Of course then... sometimes it gets overwhelming and I find it difficult to actually buy anything. Enjoy your time alone!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:11 pm

I've been on a decluttering/organizing kick the past few days. Feels great! And I love that you are doing that BEFORE you move! Smart cookie!
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

alene1

Post by alene1 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:45 pm

Auto, my plan is today to actually DO some decluttering. I love to plan and organize, and once I get started I'll make some good headway. Today is the day!

PH, it has been so great to have my husband's support, and also to be able to talk about my health journey with him. In my first marriage there was tons of angst and pain around my weight and my relationship, and I have been holding a lot of my feelings in about all of this while I've been struggling because that is such a tender area in my heart. But it feels really good to open up and trust and share things with him. I had a false belief that I was so fragile in this area that I had to close up like a shell to protect myself. But that isn't healthy and doesn't feel good at all. It has helped us be closer.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:48 pm

Tuesday, July 7th, 2020

Good morning. I'm feeling good this morning. I was very happy to see my sleep score of 85. That's the highest one I've gotten for quite some time. I am already feeling more light and agile, and going up and down the stairs feels better on my knees. That makes me very happy!! Another good day on plan, and a short walk last night.Weight bumped down another .4 this morning. I have 48.4 lbs. left to go.

Today will be some actual work on my goals and projects!! It will feel good to get some things done. Between my trip and just general busyness I haven't done much that is productive. Time to get to it.

Steps: 5,380
Sleep Score: 85
Plan: All went well except I experienced more hunger than was comfortable. I had some almonds and that helped.
Last edited by alene1 on Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:49 am

Alene, I understand about patterns in old relationships affecting our current ones. That is so great that your husband is so loving and supportive about your health journey and you can be vulnerable with him.

That is awesome that you notice it being easier on your knees to get up and down the stairs. It's such a good feeling when your efforts are noticeable in a way that you can feel and it is positive difference.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:00 pm

PH, it has really encouraged me to feel the difference when I go up and down the stairs and just day to day walking around. I'm really thankful for my husband's support. :)

alene1

Post by alene1 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:10 pm

Wednesday, July 8th, 2020

I'm really happy that my sleep score has been so good lately. The only thing I'm doing is differently is my eating, so my plan must be agreeing with my body! I actually do feel tired this morning though. I woke up a little early.

Yesterday went well. I got my bookcase gone through. I have already gotten rid of a lot of the diety books I don't believe in any more, so there wasn't much to get rid of. I kept the health-related books that really speak to me and feel will help me for the long view. It feels good to have it cleaned out and re-arranged though. I had a lot of non-book stuff on there too. :D I found all my gift cards/cash from the wedding that we've been saving and figured out how much we have. We'll use those to buy new kitchen ware, linens, etc. We're going to get mostly new stuff to start our new life in the new house.

Yesterday I went and ordered some of our appliances. They're going to put the cabinets in on the 24th, so they wanted them in the house. Very exciting! The drywall is done and they're doing the texturing tomorrow I believe. Next week should be interior paint.

I didn't exercise at all and didn't move much either yesterday. Today I want to get in a walk and probably some weights too. We're having DH's son and fiance out to the new house for a bbq tonight. I need to go by the meat market nearby for some good steaks. I'm going to make up a nice salad to go with it, plus probably some potato salad and beans. We'll do s'mores for dessert. Not me though! lol I'll have the steak and a big salad, and then my planned evening snack around the fire.

My grandson has been staying up at his other grandparents' house the last week or so. My son and DIL had to quarantine strictly the two weeks before they left, so I haven't seen my little sweetie for a while now. I'm going to stop by tomorrow for a visit while I'm down that way and then DH and I will go for a visit Sunday. Can't wait to see him again!

I guess that's all from here. Good day to all!

Steps: 10,036
Sleep Score: 84
Plan: Had some challenges with hunger again in the morning. I'm going to tweak some things to make that better. Overall I did well though. 48.2 left to goal.
Last edited by alene1 on Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:30 pm

Have a great day, Alene!

I'm sure you've already mentioned this, but do you have a general date/month for the move-in to your new place? I love reading about the house coming together; it just feels like a joy-filled time to watch it be built.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:57 pm

I am glad you will get to see your grandson again! It is such a good feeling to clear out and declutter. I am sure I have many many books I could get rid of myself.

That sounds so fun to get all new stuff for your new house! It's great to see your house coming together.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:45 pm

Auto, they're telling us the end of September. As far as we know that's still on track. Yeah, it has been a really fun process to watch the house go up. It's great to go out in the evenings and see what got done! I think these next 4 weeks will bring a lot of big changes. :)

PH, I can't wait to see him! Tomorrow I'll get back to the de-cluttering. :)

alene1

Post by alene1 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:52 pm

Thursday, July 9th, 2020

Today is my fun day!! I'm going to go take a nice walk by the water this morning, and then go see my grandson and family. After that I'm meeting a friend for coffee and visit outside. I am a very social person, and not being able to hang out as much with friends and family during this time has been really hard on me. Then home to make some dinner and then head out to the house to see what got done. I'm trying to keep things pretty simple for my dinners for the most part. I'm going to make hamburger patties and we got some zucchini from the neighbor, so I'm going to saute a big pan of that up with some onion and parmesan cheese. So good!! I'm going to do some reading in my plan book and a little work in my workbook today too.

I enjoyed my walk a lot yesterday. I have a route I usually walk, and I'm going to keep track of my time/heart rate/calorie burn and see how much I can improve over time on getting faster and working harder. Walking is such great exercise this time of year. Well, I better get to some yoga and then get myself ready for the day. Happy Thursday!

Steps: 7,831
Sleep Score: 83
Plan: I had a good day. Hunger was better managed and I felt good all day.
Last edited by alene1 on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:54 pm

So zuccini is ready, hun? Let the zucchini parties begin! :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

Octavia

Post by Octavia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:45 pm

Hi Alene, I’m interested to see you note down your sleep score - do you mind me asking, what does the score represent? And do you have any good sleep tips? My sleep is a bit patchy though better than it was when I was working more.

Thanks! And hope the zucchini sauté turns out well!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:24 pm

Auto, it sure is! We also have some yellow squash ready in the garden out at our new house. Just one so far! That will be fun to harvest it. We already had some really good cherries off one of our trees. Fun stuff!

Octavia, the sleep score is from Fitbit. It goes up to 100. 80-89 is good, and 90-100 is excellent. It's based on duration of sleep, sleep quality(deep and REM sleep amounts,) and restoration (sleeping heart rate and restlessness.) My score has been going up since I started my program, and my resting heart rate has been going down. Good stuff! As for recommendations, nothing new that hasn't been out there for a while. Turning off the screens at least 30 minutes before bed, going to bed at the same time each night, etc. It seems like sleep is a hard one to control. I'm sleeping better now than I was the last few years. I imagine a lot of it is age and hormones, along with things you can control like caffeine use. Speaking of, they say no caffeine after about noon. :) The zucchini was yummy!

alene1

Post by alene1 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:44 pm

Friday, July 10th, 2020

Happy Friday! Today I'm going to do some more work on the sorting through the extra bedroom, organizing and getting rid of things. I'll work in my workbook, and do some list-making. This afternoon I'm going to get outside for a walk or hike and spend some time by the water. I'll probably get an iced coffee. I'm trying to create a schedule for my day so I'm more productive. It's easy to while away the day reading and hanging out on social media. Before I know it the summer will be over and I know I'll regret it if I don't make good use of this time!

Feeling good today. My clothes are getting a little looser. I feel lighter and more agile, and much more in control. I think having the structure in place is a huge part of managing weight and eating.

Exercise: Mat workout - 30M
Steps: 8,595
Sleep Score: 82
Plan:I had a good day. I am getting more into the routine and feeling less hunger. I made a yummy chicken teriyaki with onion and broccoli last night. Very good but maybe not enough fat. It took me a while to feel satisfied after the meal.
Last edited by alene1 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:39 pm

That is so great that you feel so good! I am glad your plan and structure is working so well for you. I keep trying to put stuff in my planner to do, and then I end up not doing it. Good luck with your schedule and getting stuff done!

I hope you have a wonderful Friday!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:47 pm

Every time I read your journal I feel the tidy-ness of your life. It sort of gives me a warm feeling, like you are Marie Kondo or something. :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:10 pm

PH, I have always needed and craved structure. That's why moving into summer time or breaks has always been a challenge for me! Believe me, I know all about putting stuff in my planner and not doing it! lol

Auto, I'm glad my journal gives you that feeling! Unfortunately I am long way off from Marie Kondo. :wink: But I am working on it, and thinking about her method as I go through things. Speaking of cleaning, organizing, I did Flylady years and years ago. The one thing that has always stuck with me and that I still use to this day with great success is the timer. Even setting it for 5 minutes to get started on a project I just can't seem to get motivated to do is hugely helpful. I start out with 5 minutes of work and then 5 minutes of something I enjoy, and then make the intervals of work longer as my momentum builds. It's funny the little tricks we need to play with ourselves!
Last edited by alene1 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:23 pm

Saturday, July 11th, 2020

Well, yesterday wasn't too productive around the house, but we went out to the house last night and got all the paper pulled off the floor and windows from the sheet rocking and texturing guys' work. Today we need to vacuum the floor. The painter is supposed to be there Monday to paint the interior. This is getting exciting! All of a sudden it's getting very real, and that is pretty fun! Our yellow squash is really growing and I have 3 that will be ready in the next few days. The zucchini is still pretty small, but I have a few babies that are coming along! It looks like we should have lots of pumpkins. It's amazing how fast they grow and spread. I'm so excited for my GS to come and pick out a pumpkin! We'll make the day really special.

I did a new workout yesterday. It's called the Tracy Anderson Method. I'm not that crazy about her personality, but I enjoy the workouts. I ordered some from eBay and Thriftbooks and I'm going to make it my goal to be very consistent with it. Even if I get bored! lol The conversations going on in other journals about this are perfect timing. She has you do the same workout for about 10 days and then move on to the next one. I'll be doing these beginner ones for a while till I really learn her style and the workouts. I feel excited about it!

Today will be a fun day. I'm going to go vacuum out the house to get the extra drywall, etc. up, and then my daughter and SIL are coming for a bbq. We got some good steaks and we'll have potato salad, salad, and rolls, with s'mores to top it off! I'll just be having the steak and salad, and bring myself a little treat of my own to have after dinner. We all love to sit around the fire together, and they are bringing my two granddogs, who are rat terriers and love to run around the property. It's fun to watch them. This morning I'll do a TA workout, make some more salad dressing, prep the salad, and get ready. I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Exercise: TA 30M
Steps:12,911
Sleep Score: 76
Plan: All went well today.
Last edited by alene1 on Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkhippie

Post by pinkhippie » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:53 pm

Wow it sounds like you have a great day ahead of you!

I do the same trick with 5 minutes to start something. In fact, I did it with my workout today. I told myself i only had to do 15 minutes but by the time 15 minutes rolled around, I was feeling good and easily completed my whole 30 minutes. Mental tricks indeed. :)

I have heard of the Tracy Anderson Method. Sounds like a fun way to keep your workouts consistent.

Have a great Saturday!

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:20 pm

I LOVE using my timer, too! I think I started it when my kids were little and I would try to get them to help me tidy for a few minutes. :-) The 'ole "race the timer" trick.
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8
4/21 - 25.2

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:51 pm

Auto and PH, the timer is a great tool for lots of things! I used it with my kids too when they were little.

alene1

Post by alene1 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:54 pm

Sunday, July 12th, 2020

We had a really great day yesterday. The weather wasn't great, but we still had lots of time by the fire, which everyone really enjoyed. We ate out on the back deck, which is covered. We just enjoyed the kids so much, and they and the dogs did too, which makes it twice as nice for us.

Today we get to go see our grandson at noon. We're looking very forward to that, as always! Feeling good, though a big groggy this morning. I plan to get a walk in today at some point.

Steps:8,009
Sleep Score: 82
Plan: 47.4 lbs. left to go. The day went well.
Last edited by alene1 on Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

automatedeating

Post by automatedeating » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:07 pm

Have fun with the little guy! :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8