Cedar No S

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

cedar

Cedar No S

Post by cedar » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:39 am

Checking in here..again.
Keeping it simple.

Vanilla No S.

When I think about what I really really want to be I want to be steady and balanced with food and weight. Im going to try something a little different and at this stage aim to not gain any weight (im not overweight, I'm carrying about 2 kgs more than i would ideally like.. no big deal my clothes fit!) And not binge, instead of aiming for perfection I'm aiming to have MOSTLY green days of Vanilla No S.. which means 3 physical plates of food.

I am really trying to remember this isn't an all or nothing thing.. its a lifelong process. We are surrounded by excess food, excess eating occasions, excess everything and its not going away! And then excessive and extreme ways of trying to get rid of the excess (diets/etc..) ! What annoys me is that I feel one day I've got it sorted, I feel in control and on track to loose the weight and be the sane slim lesson i want to be then the next day I feel hopeless and bloated because I'm eating everything in sight. I've been looking into inner feast beasts and inner pigs and dismissing the binge urge / lizard brain..it all makes sense but ultimately i don't want to fight anymore. I've just decided that I'm just going to keep it as simple as possible and remind myself to try and try and try and keep trying to stick to 3 physical plates of food, 1 each for breakfast, lunch and dinner no snacks inbetween and no sweets until its an S day..it just makes the most sense to me out of everything.. hence why I keep coming back and lurking these pages.

Yesterday I ate a lot, so much my stomach hurt. I didn't eat enough in the morning then went a bit crazy later on..technically it was an S day so I'm just doing my best to move on from that and do my best to eat my 3 plates of food today (N day) with nothing inbetween except coffee/tea with dash milk and lots of water.

So far..
Monday
5am coffee and dash cream before work.

Bfast 9.30am =
2x grainy toast with butter and 2x eggs. Another coffee with dash cream.

automatedeating

Re: Cedar No S

Post by automatedeating » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:28 am

Cedar! So great to see you! :-)
Month/Year-BMI
8/13-26.3
8/14-24.5
5/15-26.2
1/16-26.9; 9/16-25.6
8/17-25.8; 11/17-26.9
3/18-25.6; 8/18-24.5; 10/18-23.8;
3/19-22.1; 10/19-21.8