April - Starting Over

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

April

April - Starting Over

Post by April » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:50 pm

Starting Over (again) with a blank slate.

Short and Sweet Modified No S + 16:8 IF Plan starting today, 9/12/21.

Seven Days a Week:

Three Plates in Eight

No rules about what's on my plate except for keeping them generally well balanced which includes if desired one SMALL, but high quality sweet that fits on my plate.

Between meal beverages: water, black coffee and plain peppermint tea with nothing added.

Instead of weekend S days I will take a once weekly "S Event" usually a movie (popcorn) or ice cream with a friend mid afternoon.

I am also going to work on some dietary defaults and also try to meal plan more often.

I have been "failing to plan" as of late which has started a spiral of not eating well in general lately and my meal times are all over the place. I am going to try for a meal time range each day (self employed, so have the option daily to eat whenever I choose, which is a blessing and a curse!)

Breakfast: 10:30-11
Lunch: 1-1:30
Supper: Almost always at 6:00

Thanks for listening!
April

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.