Small steps to improve

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Robers5

Small steps to improve

Post by Robers5 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:50 pm

Here I go again:) Of course a lot has happened since I last checked in: I had my 4th baby, my grandma died, we are fixing up our little house..
I'm thankful for today and ready to work on growing in the virtue of temperance.
Today is an S day.
2 eggs, ground beef, coffee for breakfast
Sunday treat with family: cookies from local bakery
Snacks/lunch: chips+ salsa, few bites of unpleasant leftover pasta and peanut butter and honey sandwich.

Weight: 160lbs, height: 5ft 8in
Goal: 135lbs
15 minute postpartum exercise 5 days a week and try to nap with baby for 20 minutes each day.

ladybird30

Re: Small steps to improve

Post by ladybird30 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:58 am

Welcome back Robers
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right

Amy3010

Post by Amy3010 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:26 am

Welcome back! It sounds like you've had a lot going on. Hang in there!

Robers5

Post by Robers5 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:47 pm

Doing pretty good. I'm adding one snack a day because my hubby gets home late and I am breast feeding etc.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, chicken and avocado, coffee
Lunch: taco salad with beef and salsa
Snack: apple, 2 tbs peanut butter
Dinner: chicken stir fry with zoodles and veggies

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:34 pm

Good to hear you are doing well.

Robers5

Post by Robers5 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:30 pm

I'm feeling much better health wise although my NoS has started pretty sloppy. It was my birthday on Sunday and I definitely over ate and had too much alcohol. I am so happy that it wasn't as bad as it could've been knowing me. I have struggled with compulsive eating and drinking for most of my life. My habits are deep grooved. I am learning how all or nothing I have been about food and how dieting has been just the other side of gluttony for me. I am consciously taking my focus off weightloss and instead focusing on honoring my body. I know I have another meal coming, I know I have an S day on the horizon. More than that I know that God loves me. I dont need to gorge myself on food every time something stressful arises.
Practically my strategy is to mentally or out loud say "I reject this thought", when I get tempted to reach for sweets or seconds or to get compulsive about weightloss. It has been helpful to drink lots of water between meals and start meals with a big salad. Also planning meals is a big help.
Thanks as always for being there NoS group:)

Robers5

Post by Robers5 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:56 pm

So far so good, it's been a successful week although I haven't lost weight. Inflammation in my joints, feet and face is gone though! I've had a lot of body pain since I gave birth last month but I have felt nearly pain free since starting back on NoS. Not overeating and no sweets I'm sure played a huge part in decreasing the overall puffiness I'd been experiencing. Also i stopped eating wheat and dairy so i bet that's helping a lot too.
I did not have a chance to do any extra exercise besides chasing my kids around and cleaning but I'm working on finding a 15 minute window ilof time each day. My theme continues to be doing only smal tasks that I do purposefully with patience to completion. It makes a huge difference.
Also I'm going to start doing a weight check only once a week on fridays.

ladybird30

Post by ladybird30 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:05 pm

Congrats on a successful week. Less pain is great.

Soprano

Post by Soprano » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:11 am

Sounds like you are doing well, I weigh weekly on a Friday.

Don't let a gain derail you, out if interest I weighed Friday and Saturday and there was a pound difference each time. Our weight can fluctuate for so many reasons.

Jx
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Robers5

Post by Robers5 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:28 pm

I had one slip on Tuesday, a friend gave us a beautiful cake in honor of our new baby. I ate a lot of cake! Lol
Wednesday was a success.
Breakfast, eggs and leftover chicken coffee
Lunch: salad with beef and veggies
Coffee with TBS collagen and 1/2 c almond milk
Dinner: beef and cabbage and potatoes

Today I was not hungry this morning. I finally did my 10 min workout.
Bfast: coffee
Lunch: salami slices and 1/2 of peanuts
Dinner Plan: taco salads with beef and veggies
I have been drinking lots of water in between meals.

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:45 am

I'm posting this on multiple threads, in case people didn't see the post in September, as I didn't until this week.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12589&sid=f78e58541 ... 8b9ac412b4
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)