Travis Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Travis

Travis Check In

Post by Travis » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:09 pm

I'm starting (again) at 435 pounds.

ladybird30

Re: Travis Check In

Post by ladybird30 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:31 am

Welcome Travis.
I hope you find success in achieving your goals here. No S has helped me reign in the excess food I used to consume
by concentrating on eating 3 moderate meals a day. Because of this I have sustained a modest, but permanent weight loss and relapses are much fewer and more easily reversed. I can't say that it is easy, but it has been well worth it.
Three meals a day - not too little not too much, but just right