Betsy's Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:40 pm

Nathan, I like your idea about meal planning and I think I will focus more on that. When I do try to plan ahead it definitely improves both the overall quality of my eating as well as reducing snacks.

Toward that end I made a rather large amount of lentil-and-sausage soup yesterday.

Recipe: In a Dutch oven on the stove, brown some mild pork sausage, drain most of the fat, add a bag of red lentils and some minced garlic and a good pinch of dried thyme, add water to cover all, simmer 20 minutes. At the end add chopped parsley and maybe a chopped tomato and a teaspoon of salt.

Only uses 1 pot and maybe 10 minutes of actual effort; makes about eight servings. El Cheapo and nutritious, too.

B: coffeemilk, peach
L: lentil/sausage soup with toasted buttered bread; orange juice
D: chickpea salad on whole wheat pita, potato salad, milk, sliced tomato
Chance favors the prepared. - Louis Pasteur

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:54 pm

Yummy and el cheapo??? I may have to try this...
:wink: Deb

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:01 am

Day D19: affirmative SUCCESS

Today and yesterday were true N days. Feels good to be back on track for real.

B: coffee, milk, peach, herb bread
L: lentils and sausage, buttered bread, orange juice
D: chickpea salad on 2/3 of a whole wheat pita, cheese, tomato sandwich, milk

rangering: biked to 2 errands; walked & ran a little in evening.

I saw a couple of planets at sunset ... I'll post more in the Urban Ranger discoveries thread.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:41 am

Hey Betsy!
Who gets the 1/3 of the pita you don't eat???
Some squirrels?
LOL...

Glad you are in the groove again!
Love,
8) Deb

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:40 am

It gets thrown back in the freezer for another day! I hope there are no squirrels in there.

Day D20: success

B: coffee, peach, milk, small slice farm cheese
L: buttered herb bread, lentil/sausage stew, orange juice
D: 1.5 tomato sandwiches, pork, milk
bedtime: hot cocoa

exercise: biked one errand and walked another.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:02 am

Day D21: hey, I made it!

Well, not really. There were some flaky days early in this round so it's not a true 21-day qualifier. I just didn't want to start counting again because it seemed healthier to acknowledge and accept imperfection without having to ditch everything and start over "fresh" (kind of an issue with me).

B: coffee, 2 small fried eggs on toast
L: peach, milk, lentil/sausage soup, orange juice
D: chickpea salad, yogurt, 2 big handfuls lower-fat potato chips (in a giant rush, couldn't help it), hot cocoa

exercise: walked one errand and biked another

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:40 pm

Day E1: Success

B: coffee, milk, peach
L: macaroni & cheese, orange juice
D: haven't gotten there yet

Starting out on Round 5 (or "E", I guess). Round 4 got off to a rocky start, then finished nice & square with a succession of good-habit-building days.

Hoping the momentum of this will carry over as I begin Round E. One good big motivator is that the scale is showing I have lost one more pound. I'm at 176, which is 11 lbs down from my starting weight. Yippee!

navin

Post by navin » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:11 pm

Betsy-

Congrats on another succesful week. Hey, I'm at 176 too. Are you asking for a challenge? You're on! :D (Just kidding, of course this is an individual thing!)
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:47 am

I'm sort of a wimp when it comes to challenges (I like to say, I'm very competitive as long as I'm winning :) )

But this time I will gladly take you on ... as it means we will both stay motivated and end up winners, regardless of who "loses" more!

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:50 am

Day E2: success (S-day)

B: coffee, milk, nabs
L: coke float ... then some eggplant casserole late in the afternoon & orange juice
D: pint of perry, appetizer-y stuff at pub

Today's caloric intake was mostly alcohol and sugar ... hah hah hah hah :twisted:

exercise: ran errands on foot & bike

navin

Post by navin » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:52 pm

Today's caloric intake was mostly alcohol and sugar ... hah hah hah hah :twisted:

Betsy, you are my hero. :-)
Before criticizing someone, you should try walking a mile in their shoes. Then you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:47 am

Thanks, Navin. Don't know that I've been anyone's hero before.

Day E3: success (S-day)

B: coffee, ?
L: chicken leg with roasted potatoes; orange juice, eggplant casserole
D: chicken leg with roasted potatoes; orange juice
snacks, etc: 3 pieces of toast with cherry jam, grapefruit soda

exercise: went on a long bike ride ... about 9.5 miles

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:05 am

Hey Betsy,

It's looking good! Round E. Gogogogogo!

I think I know what you mean about the whole 'starting fresh' thing. I know that you have to get started before you can finish, but sometimes it doesn't seem so easy.

Great going, anyhow. 11 lbs down! W00t!
C.
CaroleJo

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:22 am

Yeah, thanks, I don't think I have ever lost 11 lbs before!

Day E4: success

B: coffee, milk, 3 peaches
L: roasted chicken and potatoes, orange juice
D: crab/shrimp bisque, part of steak salad on romaine lettuce, pint of perry

exercise: bicycled to bike club meeting - 6/10ths mile of downhill coasting and 6/10ths mile of slightly uphill pedaling, so not exactly a big workout ... but my legs were kind of achy from my long ride yesterday, so I decided to take a break today.

The ride yesterday was so great. There is a new section of the greenway network that goes across some pretty fields and through forest. They have built a very expensive bike/ped bridge over the beltline (freeway which encircles the city) to connect the greenway outside and inside. The trail is curvy in places and goes up and down some pretty good hills so you can really let go and feel the wind. I saw a Great Blue Heron standing on the footbridge over the creek and since I was coasting downhill he did not hear or see me until I was very close and then he opened his six-foot wingspan and took himself off.

This was the same trail where I found some particularly delicious and large blackberries in July.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:32 am

Wow! That must have been awesome!!!
Keep Urban/country Bicycling!!!
Love,
8) Deb

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:15 am

It was so awesome!

Day E5: success

B: coffee, milk
L: eggplant casserole, cocoa & milk, bread & butter
D: remnant of steak salad on romaine lettuce, bread & butter ... then small amout of crawfish etouffee, jambalaya & corn muffin

Tonight I rode my bike downtown to a place called Yancy's Juke Joint. Some able folks had gotten together a Katrina fundraiser for Episcopal disaster services and the Red Cross. A funky jazzy blues band played -- two of the musicians were among the 400 Katrina evacuees being housed in Raleigh right now -- and there was etouffee, red beans and rice, and jambalaya courtesy of the three or four New Orleans chefs who live in Raleigh. One of the two New Orleanian musicians, Randolph "Bambi" Linzsey, was playing the six-string bass that he floated out of the city on a tire through chest-deep water. His day job before the flood was as a server in a high-end restaurant in the Superdome. The other five band members were Raleigh locals. I don't know how they sounded so good together; the evacuees only finally got here a few days ago.

The joint was jumping, the jambalaya was smoking, and the crowd was happy, hot, and cool. There was black, white young, old, rich and poor. Everybody was having such a high old time!

Man! if that's what New Orleans is like, let's rebuild it ... in each of the fifty states!

All that hot pepper and jazz tonight was, for me, quite an immune-booster against Riding-Mower Disease. This affliction, which thrives in diversity-poor suburban environments, has a continual enervating effect on the populace of Raleigh, but never puts us all the way out of our misery ... kind of like malaria.

So, bring on the tonic water! May the spirit of jazz, voodoo, quinine, and that old black magic turn Raleigh on!

"Hey Governor Blanco, we got room for more survivors over here!"

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:11 am

Day E6: success!

B: coffee, peach, milk w/cocoa
L: roast chicken and potatoes, orange juice
D: drinkable (non-sweet) yogurt & nabs -- was late to an evening class! -- then eggplant casserole, cheese, potatoes, and milk when I got home at 10:00.

Exercise: None today, as we were having a hurricane.
(a small one this time)

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:32 am

Days E7 and E8: success

I really wanted to have a "supplemental serving" of dinner last night but avoided it.

I haven't gotten much exercise lately because we had a lot of hot and humid weather this week. Does this place *ever* start to cool off??

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:19 am

Good Work Betsy!
No "suppliments"!!!! :evil:

Unless they are Flintstone Chewables! :P

Nice harnessing of growing Will power!!!!
Love,
8) Debbie

navin

Post by navin » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:27 pm

Good job Betsy!

And yeah, considering suppliments aren't regulated at all, you're probably better off avoiding them. :)

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:26 pm

Thanks, Nathan and Deb.

Days E9 and E10 are S-days

Saturday:
-- coffee for breakfast
-- root beer float for lunch -- ha ha!
-- for dinner, cookout: tortilla chips with seven-layer Mexican dip, burger, baked beans, mixed fruit, potato salad, beer, wine, Dr. Pepper, fruit juice w/soda water

Sunday:
-- coffee and coke float for breakfast
-- one Ho-Ho (disgusting but delicious chocolate roll with partially hydrogenated sweet white filling) and a few candy corns
-- dinner: burrito with beans, rice, steak, guacamole, tomato; tortilla chips

Well I must say it was a true S-weekend. Sugary. I kind of needed it. I felt like I was taking a walk on the wild side with the root beer float as meal substitute. :twisted:

It is gross, though, and having indulged myself I don't think I will have any problem with cravings this week![/u]

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:02 am

Day E11 - Halfway thru another round! - success

B: coffee, half a bagel with lox-flavored cream cheese, milk
L: cheese toast, spaghetti with tomato and meat sauce, tea with milk
D: spaghetti with tomato and meat sauce, 1 slice mozzarella, homemade lemonade

I had a teeny snack today ... I made a miniature coke float in a juice glass ... with diet soda! Yes, it bent the rules, but it sure hit the spot. Somehow it was just what I wanted ... without overdoing it ... I don't regret it a bit.

I got this grassfed ground beef from a local farm -- it's so much tastier than feedlot beef, I can't even tell you. And quite lean too as a result of not being rapidly fattened on grain. Then there's the psychological relief of knowing the poor cow wasn't wretched while it lived, standing kneedeep in manure in an industrial feedlot. This is very important to me.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:51 am

Day E12 - success

Day E13 - have a lousy cold, feeling sleepy & not right, so I declared a day off the routine. No overeating today, but I just didn't want to have to think about food rules while I'm not feeling good.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:11 am

Feel better Betsy :wink:
Love,
8) Deb

navin

Post by navin » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:14 am

Feel better Betsy
Yeah, what Deb said. :)

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:53 pm

Hi gang -- I've recovered from my cold & the subsequent cough-itis that I always seem to get.

I dropped out of sight here for the last week or so, partly 'cause I was under the weather and partly due to a busy schedule.

In the intervening week, no major screw-ups. I did have a couple of mini-coke floats (a small scoop of ice cream in a tiny glass of coke or rootbeer - probably 6 oz total) last week. But the ice cream made my throat feel better. And I had a piece of cake on Monday night, and somehow I had four meals instead of three a few days ago because of a screwy schedule.

None of these really felt like a problem, though. I *know* when I'm doing something that is not OK.

The other 9/10 of the time, I ate healthy and stuck with good choices. Even the weekend was not particularly indulgent; a lot like my weekday pattern, in fact.

Anyhoo, I weighed myself today for the first time in a week and I'm at 175. Maybe even 174.5. THAT feels *fantabulous*!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:00 pm

Yay Betsy!!!!!!!
Love,
8) Deb

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:03 pm

Also, I just checked and it turns out this is Day E21. I don't have a perfect record this round so I won't post in the 21 Club. But it's great to finish another full cycle and have some weight loss (about a pound) to show for it.

If I'd really stuck to the rules, I would probably have lost a bit more. Also, I have exercised very little during this round ... this has been an unbelievably hot and humid September, and I just got so sick of it.

I'm quite sure that more exercise would have resulted in losing another pound or so ... I definitely feel that it was a factor in previous rounds where I lost more weight than this time.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:25 pm

All you can be sure of is how you are right now Betsy...
You sound like you are really doing well....
Be content!
Peace and Love,
8) Deb

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:47 am

I'm content. Actually, I'm thrilled!

I just meant that the "program" is effective even when not carried out to its full extent. If one can lose weight on a fairly lackadaisical implementation of it, gee, it must be pretty good!

navin

Post by navin » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:43 pm

Yay Betsy! Watch out though - pretty soon the paparazzi will be after you to get another "during" photo. :)

ClickBeetle

Back on No-S

Post by ClickBeetle » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:11 pm

I tried No-S two years ago. It worked quite well. Then I stopped. I gained the weight back slowly over the next 18 months.

I am back on No-S again since about February and I have lost 18 pounds.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:37 pm

That is fantastic Betsy!!!
Glad you're back on it!
Me too!
Over the Winter I gained about 12 lbs and then as soon as I reasserted my habits about a month ago, I lost about 6 again over three weeks..

Love to you,
8) Debs x
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 pm

And I should add that mentally I never left NoS, but got unbelievably slothful.. I just became unconscious again. However I believe somewhere in there, the NoS framework was keeping me from getting really bad..
I mean in 8 months, I certainly could have done way more damage.

Hey once again, kudos to you!
:mrgreen: Debs

navin

Post by navin » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:20 pm

Glad to see you back, Betsy, and congrats on your good results so far!

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:12 am

Thanks Navin and Deb! Well, after a couple of false starts on Mon. and Tues., I got going on the right track Weds., Thurs., and Fri. this week. So that would be 3 days on habit.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:13 pm

Done good today, even though I had a couple of pieces of candy in the afternoon, which was not a big enough deal to call the day a loss, by my lights.

Brekky: Oat granola with cranberries and walnuts
Lunch: Meatloaf sandwich and tomato-basil-mozzarella salad
Dinner: Broccoli quiche, blueberries and cream, 2 peaches

I find that it is easy to do no-S in the summer when all the fresh produce is in season. I'm so busy trying to eat up all the fruits and vedges in the fridge that there's just no room for salty fatty snacky stuff or cookies.

I've generally found it helps to allow unlimited fruit and vedge, even between meals. The health benefit and the filling-up-with-fiber effect far outweigh the few extra calories. Sorry, I just don't believe I can get fat from having a peach or a tomato at 3 in the afternoon.

Also, the habit of mindless snacking (i.e. reaching into a krinklybag) just isn't reinforced by the ritual of washing & slicing a piece of fruit, which requires too much attention and time delay before eating to become a problem.

If anything, if I'd eaten my peach today at work I would not have had those candies. :)

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:09 am

Day 7: Success
B: oat granola, milk, orange juice
L: plum, peach, broccoli quiche
D: meatloaf sammich, tomato-basil-mozzarella salad, blueberries with cream.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:02 am

Day 8: Success

B: Oat granola, milk, cranberries & orange juice
L: Broccoli quiche
D: Meatloaf sammich (1.5), 2 peaches, potato salad, milk

I had one small piece of candy in the afternoon, like yesterday -- eh, so what.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:53 am

Day 9: Success

B: oat granola, orange juice, milk
L: broccoli quiche, peach
D: meatloaf sammich, milk

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:32 pm

Day 10: Success

... but the food I ate today was pretty disgusting. There was a big breakfast at work for a retiring colleague. I took a couple of the sausage biscuits for lunch and supper, and even though I didn't snack during the day or the evening, I felt yucky after eating this fast food. Bleah!!

Every so often I forget how gross fast food is, and I have some, and I'm always sorry.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:43 am

Day 13: Success

Breakfast: soy milk, orange juice
Lunch: granola cereal with milk, Cheetos (bleah! grabbed what was available, ate in a hurry)
Supper: meatloaf sandwich, tomato-basil-mozzarella salad, couple ounces of sheeps-milk cheese, guava juice

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 am

Day 14: Success

B: Granola, milk, orange juice
L: Salad of chickpeas / tomatoes/ cucumbers /cheese
S: Potatoes, chicken salad, stuffed grape leaves, lentil-rice pilaf, beer

I had a few small pieces of hard candy (Life Savers) in the afternoon -- a bad way of responsding to stress -- but on balance this day was about as good as I would have hoped, in the sum of things.

I forgot to say yesterday I swam 51 lengths at the pool.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:17 pm

Days 15 and 16: Success

I declared July 4 an S-day. But I took care not to overeat, because I have bent the rules on some N days lately, so this was a bit of compensation for those.

Today, July 5, I improved my resistance to my afternoon cravings for sweets. I had skipped breakfast due to the morning rush, and had a very light lunch. Then when I heard the candy in a co-worker's office calling to me, I waited out the craving for an hour, then indulged in one Starburst candy and no more. This worked well for me. Got home and had a normal supper.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:41 am

Day 17 (Friday July 6) was a success
I had a modest lunch and a modest dinner and some cake for a family birthday

Saturday and Sunday were S-days (18 and 19)
I had some sweets or snacks both days but mostly ate light, motivated toward a strong finish for my 21-day run

Day 20 (Monday July 9) was a strong success
No candy today! I resisted totally.

Day 21 (Tuesday July 10) was a so-so success. If I had remembered it was Day 21 (but I didn't realize it until I got around to logging in and counting them up tonight) I would have resisted the 1/2 chocolate doughnut that was part of a birthday breakfast at work, and the piece of homemade pound cake that was part of lunch (it was homemade and only $1, at a small-town cafe, what can I say).

Anyway, despite a few minor bits and bobs, I feel I did a good job of my 21-day run -- it was just what I needed it to be!

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:54 am

Starting another 21-day round

Wednesday July 11 (Day 1): SUCCESS
A real success. Healthy lunch, breakfast and dinner. In the afternoon my colleague gave me a dark chocolate Hershey Kiss and I ate it. I ate particularly healthy foods at meals. Oat granola, navy bean salad with tomatoes, cucumber and mozzarella, and 3 watercress sandwiches on whole wheat bread with milk, for supper. Delicious stuff all.

I haven't gotten any exercise in several days because of thunderstorms. I had been swimming about 2/3 mile a couple of times a week.

I am starting a bedtime deadline with this next round.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:04 pm

Thursday July 12: success
Friday July 13: success
Saturday and Sunday: S-days
Monday July 16: success

Up to Day 6 now and going strong.

I have not lost as much weight with the last month or so of No-S and I believe this is because I am not getting as much exercise as before. During the late winter and spring I was walking quite a bit, like a couple of miles per day most days, and the pounds were really coming off, about 3/4 pound to 1 pound per week.

Now the weather is SO hot and I don't often take long walks. The pool is a good alternative but it closes whenever there is a thunderstorm, which has been lots of evenings lately.

Hopefully I will be able to get more exercise in coming days.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:16 am

I have to re-post Day 6 as a failure because I ate four cookies and 3 pieces of candy. Oopsie, try to do better the rest of the week.

Day 7 (Tues July 17): success
Day 8 (Weds July 18): success but had 3 small pieces of candy in the afternoon. So, not perfect but it was as much success as I historically seem to need to keep losing weight, anyhow.
Day 9 (Thurs July 19): success, plus I finally got to the pool on an evening when it wasn't thundering ferociously, and swam 2/3 of a mile which felt GREAT.
Day 10 (Fri July 20): success, plus I walked about 2.2 miles.

Yay, feels good to be back on track with exercise. I do think this will make the difference and I will start to lose again.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:19 am

Days 11 and 12 were Saturday and Sunday, so an automatic success. I ate pretty moderately, anyway -- which shows the effect of habit, since I've now got a good solid month of renewed No-S'ing backing me up.

On Friday I walked 40 minutes to the store.
On Saturday I walked 3 miles. Blessedly cool weekend, very unusual.

Day 13 -- Mon July 23 -- was a success. 2 starburst & 1 jolly rancher. Walked 2.1 miles.

Day 14 -- Tues July 24 -- was a success. 1 lifesaver. Swam 9/10 of a mile (58 lengths of pool - longest I've swum so far this summer). Walked about 1 mile.

Just as I predicted, as soon as I added exercise I started to lose weight again -- 2 pounds since I got back on track with activity, so I'm now 169.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:18 am

Wed July 25 SUCCESS we had an ice cream social at work and there was wonderful homemade ice cream so I allowed myself a nice serving with a small brownie. Totally worth it! (I have a rule about special homemade things on occasion. No junk food allowed but a modest slice of homemade something is OK from time to time. I just want my intake to COUNT and real homemade food counts).

Thurs July 26 SUCCESS I ate light and swam about .8 of a mile. (56 lengths)

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:54 am

Hiya Betsy!!!
I still have your acorn somewhere around here! LOL..
Eating any good tomato sandwiches lately???
Glad to see you around here still!
All the best :D
Peace and Love,
8) Debs

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:33 am

Hi Deb! No tomato sandwiches lately. Someone stole my tomato plants right out of the ground! Can you believe it?
Peace and love to you, too,
Betsy

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:46 am

Days 17, 18 and 19 (Fri Sat and Sun) were a success but boy did I S out this weekend! Can't always eat like that even on S days. Had a fried chicken sandwich on Friday for supper, then a big big dinner of Indian food on Saturday, and a big lunch of Swedish meatballs and half a slice of blueberry cheesecake on Sunday, as well as about 7 creme-filled lemon cookies. So that's quite a lot of food. But I guess that's what S days are for!

Day 20 (Mon July 30) was a success. I had chicken chili and a salad for lunch at Ruby Tuesdays, and none of it was nearly as good as the food I cook at home for myself. It was fattier and saltier; I could taste the thickening agents (corn starch or gums); and the ingredients were not as good as the ones I would use. I had two starburst candies in the afternoon. I had a pita pizza and buttered whole wheat bread for supper.

Oh, that makes today #21! I'd better be good and finish strong!!

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:29 pm

So, Tuesday was a success. Also Wed, Thurs, Fri so those would be days 1, 2, and 3 of my new 21-day cycle. I had some chocolate late in the afternoon on Friday but I count Friday evenings as part of my S weekend.

I swam about 3/4 of a mile on Tuesday and on Thursday. Walked 1.6 miles on Wednesday. Walked a mile or two on Friday. Walked about a mile on Saturday.

I enjoyed food on the weekend in moderation.

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:19 pm

Weird!!! Maybe they were eaten by some hungry animals or something????
That's just strange!
Have a good week Bets!
Peace and Love,
8) Debs

ClickBeetle

Tomatoes

Post by ClickBeetle » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:53 pm

Hey Deb! No, about two days after I saw the plants were gone, I discovered them -- replanted behind the bushes in front of my neighbor's place. Some neighbor, huh!

Days 6-10 (Mon-Fri August 6-10) were a success. I stopped eating candies at work on Wed, Thurs and Fri!!! Yay! I've been having too much sugar in my morning coffee, too, so I'll be trying to cut down on that. I'm also thinking that my morning granola is a bit too sweet. I just have a strong idea, with some evidence, that sugar puts on the pounds.

Not much exercise this week, sad to say. It's been so ridiculously hot. 104 degrees three days this week and very high humidity -- one of the worst heat waves in history here.

ClickBeetle

Post by ClickBeetle » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:17 pm

Days 13-17 (August 13-17) were a limited success.
13, I ate on the road and had a bag of Chex Mix, plus a sugary drink although I tried to pick something that at least had fruit juice in it.
14, I had ate rather lousy food, although not really any sugars or snacking
So I call Day 13 a failure. Not really bad, but not a success anyway.
15 thru 17 were a success.
And I only had one LifeSaver at work the whole week!!!!!!! Amazing

I swam twice this week for about 45 and 50 minutes. Swimming is really going well & feeling great.