Bee's Daily Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Bee

Bee's Daily Check-in

Post by Bee » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:01 am

Hi,
I'm new. I want to lose weight but I'm more interested in getting my eating habits under control. I eat way too much and too often, and it is causing me to expand. I used to eat much more moderately and was able to maintain a good weight. Then I started eating too much at meals and snacking mindlessly and of course I gained. But the worst part was the cycle of eating without thinking and then feeling guilty. I am not about to give up ALL food indulgences (ie snacks, sweets, seconds, french fries, chocolate, beer, pizza, chips and salsa, the list goes on and on) but I realize that I can set some boundaries, and then having some guacomole and beers on a weekend afternoon or a piece of brithday cake or Thanksgiving feast and if I've stuck to the boundaries, these things don't have to be guilt-inducing. And the guidelines don't have to involve over thinking every single meal or giving up delicious foods. I can deal with saving sweets and snacking and feasts for weekends and special occasions, but if I have those things 2 days/week instead of 7 days/week, then given my current eating patterns, lets just say that has got to be a lot of calories.

Anyway, I started reading about this in December and decided to start this week. I am going to try to check in every day for at least the 1st 21 days to make it stick! I would also like to log what I eat in order to look back later and see what I've been eating.

So yesterday (Sunday) was Day 1 for me but it was an S-day.

Day 2 check-in: SUCCESS
B: strawberry/banana/yogurt smoothie, coffee w/ milk
L: cheese/avocado/veggiedog sandwich on a bagel (hard to eat but delicious), banana
black tea w/ milk + honey
D: sauteed kale, mashed potatoes, poached salmon, 1 glass red wine
decaf tea w/ milk + honey

This is how I SHOULD be eating! A week ago, this list would have been a lot longer.
Thank you for this great forum and system and I wish the best to all of you!
Bee

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:35 pm

Your meals sound so good!!

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:41 am

Thanks Jan!

Day 3: SUCCESS! (?)
B: banana/strawberry/yogurt smoothie, 1 slice homemade bread, coffee/milk
L: veggie burrito
decaf coffee/milk
D: veggie burger w/ cheese/avocado, salad, steamed broccoli, extra bread (see below), 1 1/2 glasses wine

OK, I slipped a little and had a slice of that homemade bread as I was making dinner. It was an honest mistake, I thought I would put the veggie burger on it, then after I sliced off a slice, I decided it lacked the structural integrity. And then it went in my mouth and I ate it. And I don't think I can pretend it would have fit on my dinner plate because it was pretty well filled up. However, I'm not going to freak out about it because 1. I ate the bread about 5 minutes before I sat down for dinner, and if I'm not mistaken, part of why this plan works is because it trains your body not to expect snacks in between meals, so I don't think that part got screwed up (and that is my main objective). 2. Most importantly, I learned a lesson from it and I don't think I want to do it again. Also, maybe this is rationalizing things, but if my plate hadn't been full of steamed broccoli and salad (v. healthy but high volume), it would have fit. Anyway, not perfect, but not the end of the world.

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:29 am

Your food choices are super healthy. Don't dwell on the bread. You're doing great!
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:17 pm

Steamed broccoli and salad are high volume but very low calorie. You probably needed the bread anyway, just to get filled up to the next meal. This is why I structure my meals 1/2 plate veggie/salad/fruit; 1/4 plate starch; 1/4 plate protein. I get lots of veggies this way, but the starch and protein keep me going. If I over-do the veggies (which I could very easily do!), then I will end up snacking between meals.

You're doing really well. Keep it up!

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:24 pm

Thanks so much for all the great encouragement and advice Annie and Jan--it means a lot to me! I'm realizing that the great thing of No S is that you don't have to think about every little tiny thing that you eat. It is just about eating normally and not excessively. And I'm finding that I am eating healthier, too, in part because I'm so confident that I'm going to lose weight that I'm motivated to not sabotage it by eating junk. But also, when I know that what I eat at one meal has to keep me going for a while, I find myself putting a little more thought into meals to make them good and balanced.

OK, Day 4: SUCCESS

B: berry/banana/yogurt smoothie
L: big salad with a little hummus (next time: more protein)
D: baked breaded tilapia (from Trader Joes) made into a sandwich with mayo and lettuce, a lot of salad with avocado

But day 4 was hard. There were cookies in my office that I had to walk past about 100 times and then I stayed up very late and got the night time munchies. But I had only 3 healthy meals and no snacks and (somehow) dodged the cookies. It wasn't easy, but I told myself as I walked past them that I was going to think about it and if I decided I still wanted one later, they'd still be there. That allowed me to make a smart and thoughtful decision about it rather than just mindlessly eating them. The old me probably would have eaten about 3 of them throughout the day without thinking much about it. I can't believe I'm eating like this--I never have in my life. At this point, even if I never lose weight, I will feel like it is a big reward in itself to know how to finally eat normally and healthfully.

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:01 pm

Day 5: SUCCESS

B: mixed berry/banana/yogurt smoothie, extra large skim milk triple latte
L: Thai tofu/veg. noodle thing
D: cream of tomato soup, whole wheat bagel
tea with milk/honey

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:33 am

Wow Bee. Day 5 didn't have many calories at all. Are you eating enough? Don't starve yourself. If I ate that I'd be starving. Are you close to your goal weight already? Just being nosey, and a bit concerned.
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:09 pm

Annie,
Thanks for your concern. Yeah yesterday was a screwy day where I didn't get to sit down to a real dinner. Lunch was a big portion at a Thai restaurant though so I think with a more sensible dinner, I would have been OK for the day. In my neverending introspection I realized that one of the things I've been doing more since I started is that I take a moment to consider my meals more and make sure they're balanced and healthy and substantial enough to get me through for a while. And that just didn't happen yesterday, and it taught me that doing that little bit of planning as much as possible is very important to me. (Although it's funny, I used to think about food more, but it was an unhealthy obsession. Now I just think, what can I make for dinner that will be delicious and fuel my body? That change in thinking has already been VERY satisfying for me, and I'm only on day 6!)

But I digress. Yesterday I was really busy in the evening and had to get dinner on the run and it just didn't work well. And then I got home late and I was hungry but on the fence about whether I should eat some more, and I figured I probably could and it would be fine, but I didn't want to eat just before bed and I was worried that I would somehow convince myself that I had blown it and then get out of control. Although in retrospect, I think I could have thought of something that would have made my bagel and soup into a whole meal (some cheese and fruit or something) and I could have just stuck to that and that would have been fine. But instead I just went to bed. I am curious, what do other people do in that situation? I think I've seen some discussions about that in other threads, so maybe I can read more and find out.

I guess I'm still experimenting with what are good quantities of food for me for the day and now it is clear to me that yesterday was too low on the scale. But I haven't eaten like this since high school, so I am still trying to figure out what I need out of 3 square meals a day, because I don't know!

Anyway, sorry for rambling, I really appreciate your support and it just helps me to get my thoughts out because it makes it all so much clearer to me in my mind. I totally think you're right, it is counterproductive to not eat enough and I'm trying to be sensible (although I really do want to lose weight and I'm feeling pretty motivated about it right now). I'm 190 pounds and I would like to lose 20 pounds. I'm a woman (if that isn't clear) but almost 6 feet tall so that would put me into a place I want to be (I think, I really don't know for sure). I don't want to do it quickly though, and the most important thing for me is to establish good eating habits, and I'll see what happens.

Anyway, thanks! Best wishes to you!

B

PS Dinner tonight = pizza and beer with some visitors. I'm going to do my best to keep it reasonable, but it might not be so bad that I laid low a little yesterday...

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:43 pm

Day 6: FAILURE!

OK, today was officially my first failure, but I'm not taking it too hard. I participated in a (minor) celebration at work that involved cake. And even though I am marking this day as technically a failure day, I am happy about how things are going in general, because I "failed" for the RIGHT reasons. I didn't have sweets becuase I was upset or tired, or because I was hungry between meals, or because it was just sitting there. I saw the whole thing coming and I made a conscious decision about it ahead of time. I realized that it was something I wanted to participate in, and the world wasn't going to end if I did, and I can keep going along No-Sing into the future because I know it is WORKING for me (on so many levels of my life)! And I will!

Failures will happen sometimes, and you have to move on, try to learn from them, and try to avoid them in the future. C'est la vie.

So here's what I had:

B: mixed berry/yogurt/banana smoothie
L: cream of tomato soup, salad w/ blue cheese, avocado
cake, OK?
D: cheese pizza, beer

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:12 am

OK, started over the counting on Saturday after Friday's failure, but I'm happy that I've made it over a week and I'm still VERY encouraged by the shift in my attitude about mindless eating and still very exited about my new way of life. So all is not lost.

Days B1, B2, B3: S-days...off to a good start!

Day B4 (today): SUCCESS
B: whole wheat bagel/cream cheese, coffee with lots of milk
L: black bean/rice/veg. burrito
D: baked potato topped with beans/sliced veggie dogs/grated cheddar (YUMMY!), steamed broccoli, one light beer
decaf tea with milk and honey

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:47 pm

Day B5: SUCCESS
B: strawberry/yogurt smoothie
tea w/ milk/honey
L: pasta with broccoli and a little bit of cheddar cheese
hungry! more tea with milk and honey
D: black beans and rice with spinach, avocado, chips and salsa, 2 glasses red wine

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:09 am

Day B6: SUCCESS!
I would like to have had more veggies today, but I feel like I'm coming down with a cold, so I just went for what was easy and what I felt like eating
B: sesame bagel with cream cheese, coffee with milk, 2 glasses OJ
another cup of decaf coffee w/ milk
L: vegetarian burrito
D: grilled cheese, tomato soup, glass of OJ

Bee

Post by Bee » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:20 pm

Day B7: SICK DAY :(
Didn't feel like eating too much, had some OJ and fruit in the morning and some scrambled eggs for dinner but couldn't keep it structured to breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I've had a lot of S-days this week and now it is the weekend but I'm going to try to keep things healthy and sensible. Shouldn't be too hard if I'm still feeling like this. One thing that is interesting is that when I've had longer strings of No-S days since I started this, I've felt so great! This week, not so much. I'm sure that is confounded by having a cold, but it makes me itching to get to some No-S days! Next week is a new week!

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:10 pm

Sorry to hear you are sick. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Bee

Post by Bee » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:02 am

Thanks Jan, feeling much better now! OK, this is weird, but I am happy to be back to weekdays where I have no excuses for eating S's! I just FEEL better on days where I don't snack and eat huge meals and sugar. I haven't been doing the "sometimes" too strictly on S-days, which might be part of it. I sort of just give myself a break and go with the flow because I'm trying to ease into this slowly I guess. But I haven't been going overboard too much either. I think as the weeks go by I will try to limit the S-day S's to some finite number. It seems like people generally find that over time, it gets easier to keep the S-day indulgences reigned in because you get in the habit of eating like this, is that true? Anyway, here's my check-in:

Days B8 & B9: S-days
Today, Day B10: SUCCESS!!
B: berry/banana/plain yogurt smoothie, coffee w/ milk
L: swiss cheese + lettuce sandwich on rye bread, banana, apple
D: vegetarian chili with avocado and monterey jack cheese on top, corn tortilla, big salad (I had the chili in a mug and the salad on a plate and the tortilla kind of in my hand, but it would have all fit on a plate)
decaf tea with milk/honey

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:38 am

Day B10: SUCCESS
B: smoothie/coffee
L: big veg. burrito
D: vegetarian curry/brown rice at a friend's house (brownie for dessert? DECLINED!)

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:51 am

Wow, I am in love with No-Sing
Day B11: SUCCESS
B: whole wheat bagel with swiss cheese, coffee/milk
L: veg. burrito
D: pasta with kale and blue cheese (YUM!!)

I would really like just a teeny tiny piece of chocolate right about now, but NO WAY! I am thinking that if I can get to my target weight and maintain it for several months, I will still do NO S indefinetly, but I might modify it a little to allow one tiny piece of dark chocolate a couple of times a week on N days. But that is just an idea, a dream if you will. And that policy can be instituted later. Right now I am on. a. mission. Period.

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:01 am

Every day that goes by I miss snacking less and less. Today realized it was meal times and wasn't even starving. Amazing! I am also enjoying meals in a different way. I ALWAYS loved food, but now I feel like when I'm eating something I like, I'm just kind of suprised at how GOOD it tastes. Hard to explain but a very clear trend...

So, Day B12: SUCCESS
I am over half way to 21 days in a row!

B: raspberry/banana/plain yogurt smoothie (yummmmmmm)
D: vegetarian chili with avocado and a little cheese, 2 warm corn tortillas, 1 beer
tea/milk/honey

Bee

Post by Bee » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:45 am

Day B13: SUCCESS
B: peanut butter/banana/milk smoothie
D: spaghetti with tomato and vegetable sauce, french bread, red wine

Bee

Post by Bee » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:52 pm

Days B14, B15: S-days

Day B16: SUCCESS
B: egg/cheese/bagel McYuck on the road, coffee/milk
L: vegan tempeh/hummus/veggie sandwich, dill pickle
coffee w/ milk at a meeting (declined the accompanying donuts & cookies--yahoo!)
D: a few mussels, grilled salmon, grilled tomatoes, baby bok choy
Last edited by Bee on Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:40 am

Day B17: SUCCESS getting close!
B: sesame bagel, cream cheese, coffee/milk
tea/milk/sugar
D: pasta with chard + parmesan cheese
more tea (decaf)

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:13 am

Day B18: SUCCESS
B: Bagel/cream cheese, coffee
L: Cheese/lettuce/bagel sandwich
D: Pasta with creamy swiss chard and blue cheese sauce

Day B19: SUCCESS
B: Bagel/cream cheese coffee
L: Tomato soup, egg/cheese/lettuce sandwich, tea
No sugar added cranberry/blueberry/pomegranite juice diluted with water
D: FAVORITE DINNER baked potato with beans, sliced veggie dog, shredded cheese, salad

One more No-S day and I'm in the 21 day club!!!

Bee

Post by Bee » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:26 pm

Day B20: SUCCESS
B: smoothie
L: Clif Bar
D: Sauteed red cabbage, soy chicken nuggets, garlic mashed potatoes

Day B21: S-Day

Time for another 21 days!

Bee

Post by Bee » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:39 am

Well, after finishing my 1st 21 days a week ago, I felt like I'd really developed a habit and decided I didn't need to post every day anymore. No-S has definitely become a habit--last week I only ate at meals and declined dessert, snacks, etc, with the exception of several chocolates on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I am not too worried about this, but I could have done without chocolates on no-S days and I know that if I had been posting every day, I would have. I also think the quality of my meals was better when I was posting. So I'm going to start posting again this week and try for another 21 days. I will also celebrate a few successes from last week though, even though I wasn't being very strict with myself, I am happy that I stuck to 3 square meals a day with no snacks. Also, there was a plate of cheesecake parked near the door to my office for the better part of 2 days (ug!!) that I was able to completely ignore. Also, I had dinner at a work party and on the menu was some kind of rediculous chocolate mousse cake, which I politely declined. While everyone else was drooling over it and they asked me why I didn't want any, I just said "I'm taking a break from sugar during the week." That sounded pretty reasonable to most people I think. Something we all should be doing probably. Finally, this weekend was the most non-idiotic couple of S-days I've ever had. I think it is partially from trying to make up for the chocolate on my no S-days this week, but also I'm just coming to the realization that my body feels great when it is not stuffed with junk (duh!).

Anyway, here is day C1: S-day!

I am also going to log exercise just to get a feel for how much I do. I'm not going to require myself to exercise on S-days, but if I do, I'm going to count it as exercise for the week!

Today: 1 1/2 hours of hiking! (up and then downhill)

Bee

Post by Bee » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:24 am

OK, today when I wanted to eat chocolate, I didn't do it and it was because I thought to myself that it would be more satisfying to post a SUCCESS than to eat chocolates.

So here is day C2: SUCCESS

B: tootie frootie smoothie, coffee with milk
L: leftover veggie chili
black tea with milk and sugar
D: spaghetti and green peas with eggs, parmaggiano reggiano, and truffle oil. I think. I have died. And gone. To heaven.
Red wine.

Exercise: nada

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:02 am

Day C3: SUCCESS!

B: strawberry smoothie, coffee + milk
L: leftover pasta + peas
hot tea with milk and sugar
D: veggie pizza (not very much, I am still a little hungry but that is not such a bad thing. I'm probably not really hungry, I'm just not stuffed and that sometimes feels like hunger to me! I think I will survive anyway!) and a delicious salad, 2 beers
decaf tea

Exercise: Briskly walked 2 1/2 miles to work

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:04 am

Day C4: SUCCESS

Today was an S-day as far as I'm concerned because it was Valentine's Day, but I stuck to the No-S plan with the exception of a small piece of Valentine's Day chocolate.

Also, I must say, after about 6 weeks of doing No-S I have lost almost all desire to snack and eat sweets. I still have the mental/emotional impulse to get seconds sometimes, but I can usually get rid of that by cleaning up the kitchen and making a cup of tea and telling myself that mealtime is over. This change is truly amazing to me. I never thought I could possibly feel this way about food. OK:

B: small whole wheat bagel with cream cheese, black tea with milk and sugar
L: veggie burrito wrap thing
chocolate
D: zucchini and mushroom quiche, lentils, salad

Exercise: 20 minutes of various pushing of cars out of snow and scraping of windshields; shivering

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:56 pm

Day C5: SUCCESS

I take back what I said yesterday about not wanting sweets or snacks. Today was a hard and I had to exert some serious willpower. I think my breakfast and lunch were low in protein and that might have had something to do with it. Tomorrow is another day.

Bee

Post by Bee » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:24 am

Day C6: SUCCESS

B: nonfat yogurt and strawberry smoothie, coffee and milk
L: tomato soup and grilled cheese
D: whole grain cold cereal with strawberries and raspberries and milk, banana bread with cream cheese (weird dinner I know)
glass of wine

Exercise: 45 minutes walking fast

USAFwife

Post by USAFwife » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:34 am

Hey Good Job! You are doing great...and no, cereal for dinner to me is wonderful....I LOVE CEREAL...and if I could I would eat it for all 3 meals! lol.....Keep up the good work! We are cheering for you!

Janine

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:25 pm

Thanks for all your encouragement Janine!

Unfortunately this week has been sort of a mess for me. I was doing fine No-Sing along, then I hit a stressful week and all hell broke lose. Started missing breakfast, mindlessly putting sweets in my mouth, grazing.... I am learning that No-S is simple and sustainable, but it is not foolproof... when I hit a busy or stressful time in life, I have to be prepared to exert a lot of extra effort and awareness to No-Sing.

So, I'm trying again. Today is day D1 and even though it is before 10 AM, so far so good!

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:54 pm

I'm getting back on track! I am not going to let my guard down this time. This is a simple and smart and normal way to eat, but I have to be mindful about it. Just because food is sitting there is not a good reason to eat it!

Today was day D1 for me and a big SUCCESS!

B: melon, cornbread, coffee with lots of milk
L: plain pizza, spinach salad
decaf hot tea with milk and honey
D: vegetarian chili, cornbread, glass of wine
more tea

Exercise: 45 minutes urban rangering (fast because I was late!)

PS I feel SO much better today than I have the last 2 days. Less sluggish, just overall better. I am sure it is because I ate in moderation and got a little exercise. Must remember this!

Bee

Post by Bee » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:44 am

Day D2: SUCCESS

B: peanut butter and banana smoothie, coffee with milk
L: random stuff from the fridge: some melon, leftover pasta, leftover lentils, cornbread
D: veggieburger and french fries and beer out with a friend

exercise: rode my bike to and from work

Bee

Post by Bee » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:29 pm

Day D3: S-day
Day D4: S-day
Day D5: SUCCESS

B: fruit and yogurt smoothie, skim milk latte
L: tuna sandwich
D: vegetables, rice, salmon
glass of red wine

Exercise: walked to and from work (40 min each way)

doing good!

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:30 am

Day D6: SUCCESS
B: whole wheat bagel and cream cheese, coffee w/ milk
tea with milk and sugar
L: saag paneer and rice
D: mushroom soup, pasta with peas, veggie dog
decaf tea, milk, sugar
No exercise today

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:31 am

Day D7: SUCCESS
B: whole wheat bagel, cream cheese, coffee with milk
tea with milk and sugar
D: spinach pizza, salad
Exercise: not so much

Bee

Post by Bee » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:53 am

Day D8: SUCCESS
Day D9: SUCCESS
Day D10: S-day
Day D11: S-day

USAFwife

Post by USAFwife » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:01 am

You are on a roll! Way to go!!

Janine

Bee

Post by Bee » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:43 pm

Thanks Janine!!!!!!!

I was out of town so I didn't post my meals/exercise on Thursday or Friday, but I did do 45 min urban rangering on Thurs. and my meals were pretty good even though I ate in restaurants/airports. Did have 2 margaritas on Friday night which I suppose I would normally try to avoid on N-days on account of their indulgent nature and high sugar content, but I was in a work-related social situation at a Mexican restaurant and it kind of just had to be done. So I'm not starting my counting over, even though that was kind of funny stuff that I will try to avoid in the future.

OK, after a not too idiotic couple of S-days, I'm onto Day D12 (over half way!): SUCCESS

B: coffee with lots of milk but otherwise skipped breakfast today (just didn't get around to eating until it was noon so I ate lunch), BIIIIIG mistake, I was starving all afternoon despite reasonable lunch. Breakfast really carries me through the whole day I think
L: whole wheat bagel with cream cheese and tomato, big mug of minestrone soup
D: green salad with avocado, cheese pizza. Note: all fit on plate, but I really think I ate more than I normally would have if I had eaten breakfast. Reason number 5 billion to eat breakfast.

Exercise: walked fast to work (30 minutes)
Last edited by Bee on Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:32 am

OK, so I ordered this pizza last night. I've got a really busy week so I thought I'd get the large one and have pizza for dinner a couple of nights this week. Yesterday I commented on how I probably ate more for dinner than I would have if I had eaten breakfast. And that might be true, but it struck me that I'm also eating WAY less than I would have pre-No-S. I can't really recall may times that I've ordered a pizza when I'm on my own, but I do know that at one time in my pre-No-S life, pizza had a very short lifespan in my presence. It was the kind of thing I would get into late at night, a few hours after dinner. Well, this is the pizza that is refusing to go away! I ate a plateful last night, had it for lunch today, and just had some more for dinner tonight and there is still quite a lot left. I realize it is probably not healthy to eat pizza for every meal, but I'm just going to chalk it up to a learning experience (note to self: order a small or medium next time) and enjoy the deliciousness.

So, Day D13: SUCCESS
B: mixed berry and banana smoothie with plain yogurt, coffee w/ milk
L: pizza
tea with milk and sugar
D: pizza
exercise: none
Last edited by Bee on Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:40 am

Day B14: SUCCESS
B: strawberry raspberry smoothie (fruit!), coffee/milk
L: Chinese tofu/vegetables over noodles
tea with milk and sugar
D: hamburger (! I am not much of a meat-eater but I ate a hamburger tonight, yum) with a little coleslaw and waffle fries at a restaurant. Only ate half, which NEVER would have happened pre-No-S. I can count the times in my life I've left food on my plate probably on one hand. It didn't take any willpower, I just got full and didn't want it. Somehow, since I knew that all of the food that was on my plate was all I was going to eat for the rest of the day, I didn't feel the need to consume every crumb. Sounds illogical, but for whatever reason, that's how I felt about it. I'm also just way more relaxed about eating. Since you have to eat 3 real meals a day, your next meal is never far off.

Exercise: I forgot, walked home from work, 40 minutes fast walking
Last edited by Bee on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:33 am

Day D15: SUCCESS
Well, today was a good success especially because there were brownies in my office all day and I walked past them about 100 times without eating one. It is a good thing because I had all this leftover pizza and half a hamburger and so I ate that and I feel kind of like I ate too much junk. I need to remember that it is not a crime to throw food away if it is not something that is healthy for you and you would otherwise eat more healthfully. But part of the problem is that I'm leaving town for two weeks in a couple of days so I don't want to go shopping. Anyway, where I'm going there should be lots of tropical fruit and fresh seafood so that will be a good change.
Today:
B: piece of multigrain bread, one egg, coffee/milk
L: tuna sandwich, potato salad, green salad, a couple of chips
tea with milk and sugar
a half glass of wine, 1 beer
D: the dreaded pizza and leftover half of a hamburger
YUCK I think I had altogether too much protein today, BLEH
Also, the egg left me feeling sick and hungry. My regular smoothie is SO much better at getting me going in the morning and probably healthier and lower in calories. Mental note.
Exercise: 40 minutes walking fast

Bee

Post by Bee » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:58 am

Day D16: SUCCESS
B: PB&J on multigrain bread, coffee with milk
L: big bowl of organic wholegrain Joe's Os with milk and bananas, apple
D: hamburger and fries at a restaurant with a friend (again!)
tea
exercise: 40 min urban rangering

Bee

Post by Bee » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:57 pm

I've been overseas for the last week and a half on a work trip and I took a little No-S hiatus while I was gone. I felt comfortable doing this because I was staying somewhere where we were basically served 3 very healthy and fixed meals a day. There were no snacks and no seconds to be had, but I did have dessert from time to time after dinner. I was in a foreign country where many of the desserts were very interesting and unusual, and I wanted to try them. Also, they were very light, small, usually fruit-based and not too sweet, and fairly healthy as desserts go. I was also hiking about 6 hours per day on most of the days and I was very hungry by dinner time. I am sure that even with dessert I was burning more calories during the day than I was taking in. I made a decision--while I was on this trip I would just go with the flow and put No-S on hold, and since it was not a huge departure from No-S, I would not be undoing the habits I have formed. I am not sure it was the right decision--next time I might do things differently. But for this situation I think it worked OK. After a couple of crazy days of traveling around after that, I am starting my counting again tomorrow. I'm still away from home for several more days but I'm back into a more normal routine so it is back to the regular No-S routine also. I'm not going to start over counting because I didn't really have a failure, just a planned break of modified No-Sing.

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:14 am

OK DAY D17: SUCCESS (sort of)
Today was a success but with a lot of funny stuff... I was going to have a late (full) breakfast out following some morning activities, so I had a banana before leaving the house. Then of course I wasn't very hungry at lunch time so I had a little cup of soup and then more soup later in the afternoon. But I'm still away from home and away from my normal routine so I'm going to get over it and make every attempt to be more rigid tomorrow. I don't think I ate any more than I otherwise would have and I did still resist the urge to just say "oh I screwed up, to hell with it" and go nuts with un-meal-related snacking. So I forge ahead.

B: banana, scrambled eggs, potatoes, roll, cappuccino
L: soup, crackers
tea
D: pasta e fagioli, salad

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:17 am

DAY D18: Success

Bee

Post by Bee » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:02 pm

Day 19: SUCCESS
Day 20: S-day
Day 21: S-day

Well, I did another 21 days, but I don't have the same good feeling about this one as the other time I did it. Partly it is because the last 2 weeks of this set of 21 I was traveling a lot and so I just didn't keep the same structure in my days and in my diet as I would have otherwise. So I just felt a little out of control, even though I did really stick to it pretty well. Also, I was eating less healthfully than I would if I were at home. I know that the quality of your meals is not a major issue on No-S, but eating junk makes me feel bad physically and emotionally. I am finding that for days when I'm operating outside of my normal routine, I have to build in some kind of contingency plan or it is really hard to stay with it.

On to another 21 days!
Last edited by Bee on Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:32 am

Bleh, well Monday was my new day 1 and I blew it. No excuses, just moving forward! But being home again and back into my regular routine has made things a TON easier.

So, day 1 (again): SUCCESS
and, 45 minutes urban rangering
Day 2: SUCCESS
no exercise
Day 3 (today): SUCCESS! and 30 minutes urban rangering

OK, I feel like I'm back on track! Got to stay motivated and mindful and keep it going!
Last edited by Bee on Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bee

Post by Bee » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:32 pm

Day 4: sick day... bleh...
Day 5: S-day but still sick. ug.
Day 6: S-day

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:13 am

You are doing an wonderful job! Congratulations. It even sounds like your days in Europe were in plan and the the desserts were low enough carb to be OK as well. Especially since vacations are supposed to be loose N days. Welcome and keep up the good work.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

Bee

Post by Bee » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:52 pm

Thank you Pangelsue! Your encouragement means a lot to me!

OK well I'm still feeling kind of cruddy but much better than the weekend and I went to work and my appetite is more normal. No more sick days.

Today was Day 7 and a success!
I had good food, smoothie with plain yogurt and blueberries for breakfast, veggie burrito for lunch and veggie chili for dinner. There were cookies in my office all day, and no desire to eat a single one!
Also, even though I didn't much feel like it, I walked home from work (45 minutes urban rangering!).

ALSO, forgot to mention on my Friday post that I ran 1 mile on Friday before I started feeling sick... I hope running is not what made me sick! Haha that would be SOME negative reinforcement. Anyway, I've never been a runner but now that the weather is getting nice it seems like a good way to get outside and let off some steam and get my heart rate up more than walking does (which is still my favorite exercise). I was always intimidated by running because it is hard and I'm so out of shape but I decided I would just run 1 mile, which it turns out is really is not that far at all. And I just told myself to jog as slow as I wanted and walk if I needed to and it was not so bad and I felt GREAT afterward (until I came down with a cold that night!). So I'm going to try that some more and maybe work up to longer distances if I feel like it.

I feel like I'm back in the saddle! But I can't let it go to my head or I will get lazy and that's when it gets hard to keep it up!

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:09 pm

Day 8 SUCCESS

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:29 pm

Day 9 success
2. more. days. till. Saturday.

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:47 pm

I think today is going to be a day 10 success!
Yummy smoothie for breakfast, swiss cheese sandwich for lunch, and going out for pizza and salad for dinner.

Ran 1 mile today! Feeling great.

If someone had told me even one month ago that I would run a mile and LIKE it, I would have laughed at them. I don't know what's come over me.

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:16 am

OK well Friday was a big failure due to a scheduling mishap and also due to my tendency to blow it on Fridays. NEITHER are good excuses. Then Saturday, Sunday, Monday was a special day for me, now we are on to ANOTHER day 1 today (Tuesday) and even though I had another weird day in terms of scheduling, I managed to make it work. So, here is a Day 1 SUCCESS! Had a mushroom omlet, whole wheat toast, and potatoes and coffee out for breakfast, Clif bar for lunch (bleh!), and mushroom rissotto and steamed brussles sprouts for dinner (YUM). And red wine. Tea.

Ran 1 mile. Plus 2 hours of medium-intensity housework.

OK, I gotta quit it with these failures. THIS IS GOING TO BE 21 days, straight up!

Bee

Post by Bee » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:38 pm

BLAAAAHHHH!!!! last week was not. so. great. I had family visiting and it made failing SO tempting. And I did. But the thing I feel worst about is that I just kind of stopped keeping track even though I did try to do No-S even when I wasn't doing very well. So it makes me feel like the whole thing was a failure. But when I think about it, it wasn't a total bomb. Anyway, the thing I can be proud of is that one slip doesn't cause me to throw the whole thing out the window, which has happened with other diets with me. So anyway, my family is gone and I'm going for it again.
Wed: success
Thurs: failure (cookies after lunhc)
Fri: failure (snacks before dinner)
Sat: S day
Sun: S day
Mon (today): success--smoothie for breakfast, mozz, basil, tomato sandwich and pretzels for lunch, veg. chili for dinner.

OK
OK
OK
I
can
do
this

Oh I forgot, for all my whining about failure, I did get in a 1-mile run on Friday and Monday. Not bad.
Last edited by Bee on Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:02 am

OK well, I have yet more out of town guests but I'm focusing on just sticking to No-S even if my diet is less than virtuous. Hard when you're eating most meals out but I can at least do vanilla No-S.

That said, today I had 3 big meals but I managed to make some healthy choices... had poached eggs instead of fried for breakfast and didn't (couldn't) finish the homefries and toast (whole wheat) that came with it. Got a veggie burrito instead of the alternative, which happened to be a rather greasy Chinese takeout option. And I ordered a veggie burger instead of a regular burger or fried fish or something and only managed to eat half of it (but with a lot of fries).

And no snacks, sweets, seconds make it a Day 2 SUCCESS

Ran 1 mile
Last edited by Bee on Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:08 pm

Wednesday: SUCCESS
Thursday: Took the day off from work but I'm working all day Saturday so I'm making Thurs an S-day and Saturday an N-day.

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:42 pm

Friday Day 5: SUCCESS
smoothie w/ strawberries, banana, nonfat yogurt, milk; coffee
1/2 tuna salad sub
1/2 leftover veggie burger and big green salad with avocado, artichoke hearts, egg, potato, drid cherries, almonds, WOAH
tea, lots of tea

ran 1 mile, plus a few yoga moves

Bee

Post by Bee » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:08 pm

Sat, day 6: SUCCESS
toast w/ cheese, coffee
half leftover tuna sub, slice leftover mushroom pizza
bean burrito, beer

Sun: S-day
ran 1 mile +
yoga class

Bee

Post by Bee » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:29 am

Monday, Day 8 SUCCESS
Cereal with berries and milk, coffee
Brown rice casserole with LOTS of DELICIOUS vegetables
tea
2 slices of veggie pizza, salad, 1 beer

walked 2.5 miles
ran 1 mile

Yay!

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:47 am

Day 9: SUCCESS
1 poached egg, 1 slice of whole wheat toast, coffee
small green salad, sandwich with a hard boiled egg, mayo, lowfat swiss cheese
iced coffee with milk
big green salad with tuna, broccoli, artichoke hearts, slivered almonds, corn cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, green onion, oh my!

ran 1 mile

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:07 am

Day 10: SUCCESS
Smoothie
Veg burrito
tea
Big green salad with: lettuce, green onion, avocado, bell pepper, garbanzo beans, broccoli, crumbled gorgonzola, oh MY!
I am really getting into these salads. Delicious, fast, healthy, no dirty pots and pans, full of vegetables, satisfying, good for warmer weather, lots of potential for variety. YUM!

No exercise today :(

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:19 am

Day 11: SUCCESS
B: whole wheat toast with lowfat swiss cheese, coffee w/ milk
L: veggie burger, a few waffle fries, iced tea
D: salad with lettuce, garbanzo beans, gorgonzola, yellow pepper, avocado, DELICIOUS!

I haven't been able to do my run for the last 2 days and it is making me crazy. I'm not getting home until after dark tomorrow and it is supposed to be raining so I don't see it happening then either. Unless I can do it early early in the morning. It is possible, we'll see. Either way, this weekend I'll run both days and do my yoga class, thank goodness.
Last edited by Bee on Mon May 07, 2007 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bee

Post by Bee » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:22 am

Day 12: SUCCESS
B: whole wheat bagel, light cream cheese, banana, coffee with milk
L: smoked salmon and cream cheese on a bagel, small cup of bean and cabbage soup, water
D: veggie burger, a couple of french fries, a beer
lots of walking around but no other exercise

Bee

Post by Bee » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:42 am

I've been feeling like a sub-excellent No-Ser lateley, due in part to a few failures recently. So, since it is coming up on the end of the month, I am going to quantify my failures so that I can see just how I'm doing and aim to try to do better.

Tomorrow and Sunday are S-days and Monday is April 30, the last day of April. So if I assume that Monday will be a success, then I've had 1 non-weekend S-day (my birthday) and 3 failure days. Those days were all days when I had family in from out of town and I caved under the pressure to snack/eat dessert with them. Technically, I think I could have called them vacation days and forgiven myself, but that would have given me 4 non weekend S days in one month, and I didn't even go on vacation, so that is pretty excessive. So, there is definitely room for improvement here.

In May, I am going to allow myself no more than 2 non-weekend S days (although I don't know what they would be, so maybe I won't be able to have any). I am also going to try to exercise SOME restraint on S-days though not impose any hard and fast rules for now, and no guilt of any kind will be involved. But my strategy is to keep busy on the weekend, or if I need downtime to read a book or take a nap, but not sit around the house like a bump on a log and graze mindlessly.

And I plan to do my running on Saturday and Sunday and go to my yoga class on Sunday afternoon. Let's see how I do.

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:17 am

How can you go wrong, Bee?! Planning your strategy is most of the battle! Good luck!
mimi
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Bee

Post by Bee » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:15 am

Mimi,
THANK YOU for your kind words. Congratulations to you too for being a NoSer. Isn't it great?

I did OK today (Saturday) and although I didn't eat 3 structured meals, I didn't eat to excess either. And I ran.
Tomorrow I'm definetly running again and going to my yoga class.

Bee

Post by Bee » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:00 am

Today is day 14, Sunday, and an S DAY!

I did good today, didn't go totally nuts on the snacking and went to yoga class. I also went running right after the class because it was my last chance before it got dark and I just couldn't do it very well, I was so worn out. But I did the full mile and I feel SO SO great.

I've got a fridge full of veggies for the coming week and I'm going to be trying to go easy on the starchy carbs (aiming for more whole grains and less carbs overall) just to see how I like that.

I signed up for a program for this summer that delivers a box full of fresh vegetables to you every week of whatever is in season at a local farm, and I am SO excited about that. Should be a great way to try some new vegetables and it will mean I will always have fresh produce on hand. Can't wait for that!

Now, I will enjoy a little reward for my excellent behavior and attitude, a piece of very fancy chocolate!

mimi

Post by mimi » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:15 pm

Yes, Bee, No-essing is better than great! It's one of the best things that I've ever done for myself! I love it!
mimi
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Bee

Post by Bee » Tue May 01, 2007 12:34 am

OK! It is day 15 and SUCCESS. I am sure getting close to 21 days, if I make it until Friday I'm home free.

Today
Smoothie with plain nonfat yogurt, banana, frozen berries, latte
Veggie burrito with black beans and grilled peppers, no sour cream, easy on the rice.
Whole wheat bread with smoked salmon pate and big salad with avocado, yellow peppers, artichoke hearts, goat cheese, arugula and romaine lettuce, white wine

Walked home from work fast 2.5 miles

Bee

Post by Bee » Tue May 01, 2007 10:42 pm

OK today is day 16 and it will be a SUCCESS

B: bagel with lowfat swiss cheese slices, coffee with milk
L: taco salad: lettuce, black beans, grilled peppers, rice, cheese, jalapenos, hotsauce, guacamole in a fried shell which I didn't eat
tea, milk, sugar
D: chopped salad with carrots, celery, garbanzo beans, cherry tomatoes, blue cheese, artichoke hearts, avocado, dill pickles, orange champagne vinegar and olive oil, woooo so yummy, red wine

Ran 1 mile

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu May 03, 2007 1:03 am

OK Day 17: SUCCESS

B: strawberry and banana yogurt smoothie, coffee with milk
tea with milk and sugar
D: chopped salad with tuna, white wine
no exercise today

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri May 04, 2007 9:32 pm

day 18: SUCCESS
breakfast out: poached eggs, toast, coffee
lunch: veggie burrito no rice, no sour cream
I was driving all afternoon and evening so I didn't really have dinner. I had an apple, goldfish crackers, a couple of tortilla chips, and tea with milk and sugar. Not a model meal, but in the past I would have gotten home and felt like I hadn't had dinner and have dinner on TOP of that. This time I knew that it was the third time that day I was eating, and it was dinnertime, so that was DINNER! Even though it wasn't very healthy, I felt much better eating that than I would have if I'd eaten that AND a healthy dinner late at night.

ALSO, if I had thought of this as a snack and not as a meal, I don't think I would have chosen the apple. Since I this was going to be a meal, I knew that this would be the only chance I would have to eat something healthy so I had an apple, which probably prevented me from eating more goldfish.

and I ran 1 mile

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri May 04, 2007 9:44 pm

Day 19: is going to be a SUCCESS!
B: woke up really late after getting home very late last night so I just had a little piece of bread and some coffee
L: salad with olives, tomatoes and tuna
D: will be burritos with grilled vegetables
I'm going to try to run tonight but I might not find the time.

Day 20: S-day
ran 1 mile
Day 21: S-day
ran 1 mile

Yay!
Last edited by Bee on Mon May 07, 2007 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulrone

Post by paulrone » Mon May 07, 2007 2:31 pm

Congrats!
Take a bow!
-Sometimes Fundamentalist and self-appointed King of the S-day Moderates
"As it is (sometimes) written, so let it (sometimes) be done."

Bee

Post by Bee » Mon May 07, 2007 9:37 pm

Hey Thanks paulrone!
WHEW I am so ready for another 21 days! Here we go! Giddyup!

Here is where I am on day 1 (today): SUCCESS
Well, partial success because I skipped breakfast, which is a big no-no for me. I slept kind of late and I just wasn't hungry and I knew I would have lunch in a couple of hours. I was worried that I would be hungry all day, but so far I'm OK, so I'm not going to dwell on this too much, although I need to try to eat breakfast every day, I know, so that I don't feel the need to pig out later on.
So, lunch was a veggie/hummus wrap, iced tea
Dinner will be leftover veggie chili
and I plan to do my run before dinner.
Will edit this if anything changes! :)

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed May 09, 2007 3:53 am

Wow hunger is a NON-issue for me these days. Chocolate cravings are another issue though, but I can wait until Saturday!

Today was a day 2 SUCCESS!
B: smoothie, coffee
L: swiss cheese and avocado sandwich on whole wheat bread, tomato soup
D: big bowl of edamame (I know that is not the greatest dinner, but it was exactly what I wanted when I got home really late and wanted something to munch on. not the worst thing in the world either, lots of soy protein and probably fiber and vitamins and stuff).
didn't run but I rode my bike to work and back. the running is making my knees feel weak so I think riding my bike on alternate days might be a good idea. but I hate riding my bike to work... I almost got run over this morning and almost collided with a pedestrian this afternoon. UGH!

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri May 11, 2007 3:45 am

Wed day 3: S-day because I had a piece of birthday cake at a good friend's party + a sugary cocktail but it was an otherwise normal day.
+ ran 1 mile
Thurs day 4: SUCCESS
had PB and banana on a piece of whole wheat bread
tomato soup and cheese sandwich with lots of veggies on it on whole wheat bread, iced tea
veggie chili with avocado for dinner
+ played squash with a friend

Bee

Post by Bee » Sun May 13, 2007 11:35 pm

Friday Day 5: SUCCESS
Saturday Day 6 & Sunday Day 7 S-DAYS!
+ran on Saturday and did 1 1/2 hour yoga class on Sunday

Bee

Post by Bee » Tue May 15, 2007 12:10 am

Monday Day 8: SUCCESS
I did not eat breakfast again today which was bad. But I didn't really get hungry today so it wasn't a big deal. Lately I just don't want to eat in the morning but I have to be careful with that.
Lunch was a veggie burrito
Dinner was a big salad with baby greens, chickpeas, blue cheese, walnuts, cerery, avocado, dill pickles, saurkraut, corn, and orange muscat champagne vinegar and olive oil YUUUUMMMM!

+ walked 30 minutes home from work and ran 1 mile.

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed May 16, 2007 2:38 am

Today, day 9: SUCCESS
smoothie, coffee
veggie-tofu dish at a Chinese restaurant
salad with chickpeas, nuts, avocado, saurkraut, and pickles
beer

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri May 18, 2007 2:55 am

Wed, day 10 SUCCESS
no alcohol
no exercise though :(

Thurs, day 11 SUCCESS
Had ww bread with cheese on it, cafe au lait
veggie burrito
sushi and sashimi for dinner
a glass of white wine
tea
+ ran 1 mile!

Bee

Post by Bee » Tue May 22, 2007 2:43 am

Friday Day 12: SUCCESS
Saturday Day 13 & Sunday Day 14: S-days
Mon Day 15: S-day (took the day off to hang out with a friend who was visiting from out of town and had 1/2 a chocolate chip cookie after lunch and some hummus in the afternoon, and ate 2 HUGE restaurant meals and no breakfast--ug I felt awful all day and I will be SO happy to get back on to an N-day tomorrow. Today was a mistake but it is the 2nd non-weekend S-day I've had this month so no more of those. And weekends aren't usually very excessive for me lately. Anyway, tomorrow is another day.) However, I did run 1 mile today, yeah!

Bee

Post by Bee » Wed May 23, 2007 1:42 am

Tues Day 16: SUCCESS
B Cereal with banana and raspberries, coffee with milk
L 1/2 bagel with smoked salmon cream cheese, salad, banana
tea in the afternoon
D pinto beans and brown rice with avocado, cheese, and plain nonfat yogurt
no alcohol
ran 1 mile!
YAHOO!

Bee

Post by Bee » Thu May 24, 2007 1:06 am

Wed Day 17 SUCCESS
B: smoothie w/ nonfat plain yogurt, banana, strawberries
D: weeeirrd--a little leftover beans and rice, a whole wheat tortilla, mashed up avocado, salsa, and... ...a tofu hot dog
iced tea

no alcohol
no exercise
I'm thirsty

Bee

Post by Bee » Sun May 27, 2007 8:17 pm

Thursday and Friday, Days 18 and 19: SUCCESS
Saturday and Sunday Days 20 and 21: S-days!

YIPPEE!!!