Day 3 Michele's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Michele

Day 3 Michele's check in

Post by Michele » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:16 am

Ok here it goes....

Breakfast; Black Cherry yogurt with coffee and creamer

Lunch: Potato soup with med. orange some crackers and 3 cookies.

Dinner: A tossed salad, with 5 small squares of pizza, with sugar free lemonade. Someone put chocolate candies on the table for desrt, but I didn't take any. :shock:

Over all I feel that I did pretty good today being my first real day back on No S. I could have done with out the cookies, but I was still hungary after the soup and I usually have more than 3.
My problem is that I am an emotional eater and cookies have always been my favorite friend in times of distress. I just need to learn to say NO! I could make 1000 excuses for myself here, but I wont.
All in all, a good day, tomorrow will be better, because I am planning on having a little more for breakfast. The yogurt was good, but I was still hungary after that, so I have been hungary all day, no wonder I broke down and ate a few cookies.
Tomorrow in another day.
Sink or swim. :)
Last edited by Michele on Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hexagon

Post by hexagon » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:04 am

Hi Michele,

Thanks for offering your support on my posting in the main discussion.

Sounds like you did a good job of restraint on the cookies. Just looking at your log, you might want to up the protein/fiber/veg content if you're having hunger issues. (While I *do* struggle with eating issues, I've actually learned how to conquer physical hunger problems, and protein, veggies and fiber really help!) At least for me, if I'm really hungry (not just cravings, but physically hungry) it's way too easy to reach for *anything* nearby.

Best,

H

Michele

Post by Michele » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:36 am

Thanks for the tip, I am going to be more mindful of what I eat. I have a lot of fruit in the fridge. and some fresh veggies. they would be much better for me to snack on if I was in dire need of a snack than a cookie.

Peace
Michele

Michele

Day 4

Post by Michele » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:54 am

Ok :o

Breakfast: Small bowl of Cheerios cereal, 2 slices of Wheat toast and green tea

Lunch: Potato soup & crackers large glass of water

Dinner: Bowl of chili and garlic bread and salad. large glass of water.

Was very tempted at work and at home with snacks and cookies, I said no thank you. :shock:

Amazing what you can do once you make up your mind to do it. 8)

The day was better for me because I had a better breakfast, so I wasn't hungry all day. It made a big difference.

All in all a ****SUCCESSFUL DAY****

Michele

Day 5

Post by Michele » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:34 am

Today was pretty sucessful, although I could have done better. I went to friends house this evening for dinner, and HAD to have a small piece of Lemon cake.

Breakfast was a peanutbutter and apricot perserve sand. with little orange (clementine), and green tea.

Lunch was 2 pieces of leftover pizza and one piece of garlic bread, which was way too much grease than my stomach cared for.

Supper, pot roast, mashed potatoes and carrots and onions, brocoli salad, and water. and the cake.

Was tempted by some good Italian candy and cookies again, but I held fast and remained strong.

It could have been much worse.

Michele

day 6

Post by Michele » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:38 am

Today was a sucessful day. managed to stay away from treats and other things that was right in front of me.

Michele

day 7

Post by Michele » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:55 am

:D

Today was another good day.

Breakfast was 1 slimfast shake and 2 small granola bars.

Lunch was a bowl of Fruit Harvest cereal, with skim milk and 2 pieces of toast with apricot preserves, and green tea.

Dinner was 2 small pieces of baked fish ( blue gill) steamed cauliflower, Roasted eggplant, salad, and suger free chocolate pudding and water.

I think I am doing ok, I don't get as hungry anymore, I must be getting used to not eating as much and staying away from snacks.

Have a great S day everyone!

Michele

Day8

Post by Michele » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:43 am

Well even though it is an S day I have still tried to be good, I ate a cookie, and was just not happy about how I felt after I ate it. It sounds weird, but I was actually disapointed in it.
I had some sweetened popcorn, that was alot better, but I even limited how much I ate of that.
I ate a salad with my supper, and for me to volluntarily eat a salad is a BIG step for me. Again, it sounds weird, but I was never a big salad person till this week.
:roll:
Hope everyone is doing great. One more week till my water aerobics class begins, can't wait.

:D

Michele

Day 10

Post by Michele » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:00 am

Well, I think today had it's ups and downs. I had every intention of it being a sucessful day. I stayed away from the candy dish at work. :shock:
for breakfast I had a Slimfast shake with a granola bar
Lunch was a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with water and chex mix on the side with an apple.
Dinner was chicken and rice and veggie cassarole. A weight watchers recipe. It was ok, the rice was still a little too hard, but it was good.
I had a hard day at work today, so I grabbed a coke. Not what I should have grabbed, but I really REALLY wanted it. :oops:
So maybe I should say today is a failure? I don't know. I didn't really snack like I would normally do under stress, but still I made some wrong choices. :roll:
Tomorrow will be better.
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Michele

Post by Michele » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:03 am

Breakfast: Bagal with light cream cheese, apricot perserves, and green tea

Lunch: Pb&j sand. yogurt and a necatrine

Dinner: Veggie burger w/ lettus & tomato, baked beans, vanilla pudding, 2 glasses of water.

Stayed away from dreaded candy dish again. things are looking up.

Michele

failure

Post by Michele » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:25 am

well I was doing real good today until supper time. I guess I could have said no to the cake, but it was hard to resist.
Tomorrow will be better.

Michele

day 12

Post by Michele » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:32 am

Breakfast: Cottage cheese and dry toast, green tea

Lunch: Corn cassaroll brocoli handful of nuts, water

Dinner: BBQ rib coleslaw, corn cass. Cranberry juice , water

Manages to stay away from temptations today.

try to check my weight tomorrow, scary thought.

:twisted:

Michele

Good times

Post by Michele » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:26 am

Checked my weight, yuk. ruined my whole day!
:(

Breakfast: Slimfast, 1 granola bar 2 cups green tea

lunch: Harvest crisp cereal 2 slices wheat toast.

Dinner: 1 peice roasted lemon peper tilopi (fish) coleslaw,peas,water, vanilla pudding.

All in all a good day, the weight isn't coming off yet, my water aerobics thing starts soon, can't wait!!

Michele

S for sucess

Post by Michele » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:44 pm

Had a good day,
breakfast was a large cup of capiccino and a banana

lunch was a ham & cheese sandwich and some pretzels can of Coca cola and a orange.

dinner was a bowl of veggie soup and half a sandwich water

Signed up for water areobics today, pretty exciting. will be doing it 2x a week for an hour. :P

Having a good weekend, hope you all are too. :D

Michele

opps

Post by Michele » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:14 pm

OK, sorry I am late here, but I lost my internet connection last nightdue to the weather.

Monday was terrible, a complete failure. :oops: :cry:
I was so hungry all day, it was bad.

Tuesday, I regained my composure :o Had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, lunch was some nuts, and some leftover cassarole, water

Dinner was roasted chicken with teriaki seasoning, baked potato, mixed veggies, and a nectarine with peaches. and water.
Hope today is a better day.

Michele

Post by Michele » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:45 am

Breakfast: Pb&J sand. Orange, 2 cups green tea

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 pieces of toast, water.

Dinner: pork loin, potato and carrots, salad, wilted garlic spinach, 2 glasses of water, cherry dump cake, small piece.

Much better than yesterday.
Praise the Lord!

Michele

Post by Michele » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:07 am

A great day, was tempted at work, no thanks, had lots of water and green tea today.
Water aerobics was great, will go again Monday.
:wink:

Michele

S DAY

Post by Michele » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:18 pm

Yesterday went well

Breakfast: CHoc Slimfast shake, granola bar, a few crackers, green tea

Lunch: 2 Wheat tortillas with refried beans, salsa, Water

Dinner: Meatless spagetti, and tomato sauce, with veggies, salad, garlic toast, gramcracker with lo fat cool whip. And water

I weighed myself today and I am stuck on 215 :evil: MAybe next week I will loose something? at least I am staying the same and not going up.
Monday is day 2 of water aerobics. :D

Michele

never again

Post by Michele » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:32 am

This weekend was successful. Although I missed breakfast today, and I suffered the rest of the day because I was ssooo darned hungry. NEVER AGAIN! I am finally full 8:30 at night, but I think I finally got ful.
I had a ham and cheese roll up sandwich after I got back from church, then that moved to more stuff, untill I pretty much nibbled the whole afternoon.
note to self:: DON'T MISS BREAKFAST!!
It's like missing my prayer time, screws up my whole day.
Tomorrow will be better. need to get on track.

Michele

Post by Michele » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:43 pm

This week has been successful, I slipped a little yesterday, then got back on track. Today's a good day too. :shock: :D

Michele

Post by Michele » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:14 am

Today I wasn't feeling good, but still managed not to eat too much. went to water aerobics, went at a slower pace.
Not too smarrt, but I need to go!
not tempted to eat very much. thats a plus.

Michele

Post by Michele » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:01 am

Well, I still have a bad cough and cold, so I have been laying low.
Breakfast was peanut butter and jelly sand. with crackers and green tea.
Lunch was Grean tea.with honey I wasn't hungry.
dinner was 2 home made burrito looking things refried beqans and chees in a tortilla wrap. and green tea!

I hope I feel better soon.

Just a quick question to all of you in no S land, How do you get the clorine smell off your skin after being in a pool?
I was real good after water aerobics, but I can still smell the pool water on me for a day or 2 after! :?

Have a great weekend

Michele

Post by Michele » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:20 pm

Well, my cold is almost over and tomorrow I will be back to following no S more closely. I have had some good days. Yesterday was a failure.
I will be going to water aerobics. I missed this monday because of my cold, but I am getting better.
:o