Hilary and Tiffani Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:03 am

Hey-just wanted to check-in before bed!

Did pretty well today-no snacks, seconds, but AGAIN with the Soda-I'm so wanting to stop, but man~ when stress hits (which is frequent!), there I go...Still, its not a solid, so I am getting very used to no snacks again, and that was a major weakness for me.

Good news-Gracie went # 2 on the potty, for the first time today!! YAH! Now on to getting rid of night-time diapers :D But one hurdle at a time!

And-i put on my tight capri jeans (they have lycra so I can still breath) and they felt COMFORTABLE!!! NOT TIGHT!! I could feel they were much looser today, and (this is the best part) they had just come out of the dryer!! YAH!! I am VERY happy :D Okay, so they're not falling off yet, but hey, it's progress!!

Anyway, I'm tinkled pink and had to share-off to bed! Good job on the exercise and sticking with the NoS habit!! You are doing great!

Talk tomorrow~
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:10 pm

I LOVE that you put on fresh from the dryer jeans and they were COMFY!! Yay!!
That is the worst fat-person torture, to put on those jeans and have them constrict the life out of you! LOL

Can you just keep the soda out of the house and only pick up a can or two for the weekend? Would that help? Or can you switch to a brand of soda called Steaz? They are only 90 calories for a whole bottle and much better ingredients than soda. Maybe that would help?

Eating going well today so far. CB&J sandwich, banana, HB egg and soy milk. NOt at all hungry so far.

:)

Quick note, talk later!!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:16 pm

Just finished supper. Had some leftover beef roast/potatoes/carrots and the juice over toast and 2 :oops: little crescent rolls also. Had a salad too. I'm sssstarving today. Could be because Aunt Flo is here :roll: LOL
ANd a soy milk.

Did well today. Had to have a decaf coffee to get me through the afternoon.

HOping tonight goes well. It is HARD to not want chocolate or soemthing when you're on your period!!! And of course, I have a very heavy flow (seeing the dr soon on that one) so I'm sure that doesn't help.

Anyway, how was your day? :) Hope the DrP didn't bother you too much!

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:45 am

Hey!

Had a good day-oatmeal w/ blueberries and almonds, and a piece of chicken (weird I know), more chicken for lunch (Mom was here and she brought us bite size candies-one each, and I did eat it-it was one of those one inch candy bars); and for supper I made beef enchilasagna (the lazy girl's way to good enchiladas! LOL).

I did pretty well over all-again, no snacks or seconds..I had some DrP tho :oops: I am really embarrassed that it's so hard to give up..and I really honestly like water, too-so what's the problem?? I don't even like the taste that much anymore, its so super sweet, like syrup sometimes.

Sigh.

I've never heard of Steaz-where do you get that? Does it come in different flavors? I will try to keep it out of the house. Problem is I buy like a 12 pack because it's cheaper, and then they call to me..I know I should buy one at a time, but I keep doing this anyway. I will try harder, though, i promise!

I wouldn't worry too much about heavier periods-mine have gotten weirder the older I get. My Mom said hers got flaky too. Mine are heavier and shorter than they used to be..but they don't go away completely-I stop, then kinda spot for almost a week-almost like my body isn't thoroughly completing the period, maybe because I'm out of shape? I don't know. I hate female stuff :roll: I hope you're feeling better soon!

Talk tomorrow! (thanks about the looser jeans-it feels great! :D ) Oh, and I went for a two mile walk today-very leisurely, but better than nothin'!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:08 pm

These periods are gettng so that day 2 and 3 I hardly leave the house because I overflow. And the overnights of these days (last night!) I leak all over and it's like a massacre.
Thinking about getting endometrial ablation, maybe. Done having kids so no real reason to bleed (one of the major reasons I HATE being a girl) lol

Yesterday was 21 successful days in a row for me :) I decided to go back and count because it seemed like I had plenty of green X's on the calendar, so that's pretty exciting.

B'fast was meusli/yogurt with a banana and half an egg (ev stole my other half)! Haven't had my soy milk yet, but I will.

Steaz I get in the organic section of my grocery store, it's by all the other sodas. They're pretty tasty, I really like the raspberry, and there is orange and rootbeer too.

Hang in there, you can do it! :)

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:30 pm

Hi Tiffani!

I just got done with lunch, skipped breakie again. I'm not doing it on purpose, and its actually unusual for me, but it's happened 3x this week. I'm sure I'll be back to normal soon. But lunch was a small piece of BBQ chicken and some fries ( :roll: and some Coke :x ). But not much. (sick of hearing the, "not much"? me too). Anyway. I bought a Milky Way Dark candy bar, but I won't eat it till tommorow (God willing). I am stating it here to you so I will have to keep my word :D

I'll have to look for those sodas, they sound good-thanks for the heads up! Well I promised Noah I'd play a game with him, so off I go..OH! Guess what? My DMIL sent me a flower tree (about a foot tall, in a beautiful pot-don't know what it is, lol) as a Mother's day present-she's a lot early, lol, but I was sure surprised!! And she wrote the sweetest note, telling me what an awesome mother I am (LOL) and how she loves me like her own daughter.

Isn't that the SWEETEST thing? She's pretty great :D

Just wanted to share 8)
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:45 am

Wow! That was really nice of her. I bet the tree is beautiful!

I have been looking into getting some houseplants for once. I stopped getting any because we move to much and have to give them away, or attempt to bring them along and then kill them ugh!

Maybe it's time to get tough with the soda monster? Tell yourself NO. Or start with baby steps. Hold off and only have soda at supper time? I wish I could send you some of my tastebuds that hate soda lol!

Today was good. We had b'fast for supper tonight, and the kids totally pigged out! Go figure, they usually avoid the works at b'fast time. Kids are SO weird.

It was a hardish week for me. It must be the massacre (I mean period!) that is sapping my energy and making me annoyingly hungry (which I have ignored, thankfully!) I am just DETERMINED to get to 199 this year, determined! I really should ramp up the exercise again.

Jess is in bed already, so I'll be heading up there shortly. Have a great couple of S days. Probably I'll check in once or twice :)

Talk soon!
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:54 pm

hi Tiff!

Yesterday was good, but I felt kinda gross because I had two snacks instead of one last night-two reasonable scoops of ice cream (haven't had that in ages!) and fritos with bean dip. Not too much of either, but still. And what I really wanted was guacamole and chips, but I was too lazy to make them. :roll:

I made homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast yesterday. Naturally they were a big hit :D

I need to get back to the exercise as well. I just feel so blah when I don't and I seem to worry more, in general, you know? Maybe it's just me.

I think I should read from the NoS book everyday to keep me gung-ho, and inspired. Reinhard has such a way of doing that, doesn't he?

Well, talk later. I need to get going and do something useful I guess :P
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:27 pm

Exercise totally helps me with anxiety and worry. I guess it burns off that extra energy so your nerves aren't all edgy!

Good weekend. Yesterday's S was a cookie dough blast (totally not worth it) every time I have one of those (ice cream) I end up nauseas. Bleh.

Today I made Ghirradelli chocolate chip cookies. They are VERY tasty. Mmm.

Although, if I had my way, I'd have nice chocolate cake (no frosting!) every S day if I could but dh hates it. LOL

I am finding now on my S days that I'm taking the habits of no seconds and no snacking right on through. I LIKE the habit of not snacking, first of all, it makes me feel bloaty (therefore I spend more time in the bathroom!) adn the second of all I'm too full to eat meals.

So that's good!! I did have seconds yesterday for lunch and OH MAN. I was uncomfortable!

Here comes a hungry monday N day. :)

I got out for a very short walk, since the kids wanted to walk, we didn't go far or fast.

Talk soon!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:14 pm

Shamrockmommy
Exercise totally helps me with anxiety and worry.
Me too! it really takes the edge off

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:31 pm

Good MorNing :)

Today started with meusli/yogurt, a hb egg and coffee.

Last night I ended up having 2 rolls in the evening, had a bread attack, apparently! :)

NOt hungry but reminding myself of my realizations:
I won't die of hunger between meals.
Eating when emotional won't stop the worry/anxiety/sadness I may be feeling.
I'm not deprived. If I really want a cracker, I can have it at lunch.

Etc. LOL

Wacky am I.

Hope you're having a great morning!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:11 pm

Tiff, you're doing great!

I am planning on exercising tonight, I know you're right-it helps so much. Today I have to admit defeat. I had been doing really well, but the kids are just driving me BONKERS!!!! Jacob's 13 and already thinks he's quite knowledgeable and doesn't necessarily *have* to do what I say :roll: if he thinks he's right. AAARRGHH. Motherhood is ROUGH. Therefore I ate chocolate..more than once... :oops:

I am moving on. I will succeed despite today's meltdown. And it didn't make me feel better, just like I knew it wouldn't.

Anyway, I am so glad you are here to check-in with daily! I am going to take a deep breath, (or two, or three)~ and jump back on the wagon. {{hugs}} Thanks for being there!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:16 pm

Sorry you had an off day. I am petrified of teenagers, and 4 yr olds are right up there on the petrified list as well!

I ended up biking wiht the kids in the trailer for 50 minutes, I only intended it to be a short/easy spin, but since the kids fell asleep I pedalled all over this side of town. It was really nice. There was a new neighborhood I checked out (new to me, I haven't been in there) and I went down this really STEEP LONG hill and I was sure hoping that it wasn't a dead end and I'd have to lug the kids and trailer back up the thing LOL. Thankfully it came out to another street!

Eating went well. Supper was tortilla pizzas.

B'fast this morning was honeycomb cereal (I used to eat bowl after bowl of this stuff and this morning, I nearly gagged when I ate 2/3rds of it). So I had a hb egg as well. Pretty sure this won't hold me all morning but oh well, I won't starve, right?

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you today. So that your teen behaves himself and you're able to avoid chocolate and the dreaded Dr. P :)

Got to get Noah dressed for school. Talk later
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:03 am

Well it's another end to another Tuesday. Phew!

It wasn't actually too bad but I'm sure tired of the cold, drizzly days and ready to be able to spend more of the day doing outdoors stuff with the kiddos. We did manage to get about 30 minutes out this afternoon between drizzlefits. This goofy weather!

Eating went well today. I'm quite ready to eat by mealtimes though, so I've been a bit piggish this week wiht my plates.
I do allow myself one thing different from the one plate rule. I have a nice big bowl of romaine with a couple of shakes of oil/vinegar, some feta, sunflower seeds and tomatoes. YUM. No one ever got fat eating lettuce, right? LOL Plus the fiber, etc. I hardly use any oil, just a couple shakes out of the bottle. So there, I fess up. But still, I count each day as a success. I've never loved salad like this. YUM-O Been doing this for months now, btw. I guess I feel like I had to fess up because there was a thread about fitting the salad on the plate, and if I did that, there'd be little room for anything else, given the volume of a good sized salad.

I can't decide what my stomach is doing. It either feels like heartburn or hunger, and I've since gottne pretty good at ignoring hunger pangs.Not too big a deal anymore, although it is pretty annoying sometimes!

Well that's it, thinking of you, hope you had a great N day :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:50 am

Hi Tiffani! Sorry, this is my first time online today (WOW! that's highly unusual for me, lol). Went to San Antonio with Jacob and Noah and took my Mom shopping. Jack had the day off so he stayed home with the Michael and Gracie. It was fun! We went to a thrift store (thrift stores are my friend, with four kids to dress!) and the AC was broken, and it was freekin' HOT. So actually I am jealous of your cold, wet days-they lead to green lawns and trees, unlike our crispy brown ones :P

Anyway, I had a good n-s day today. I did have a little soda, but no snacks and no seconds, even when my Mom gave my favorite cookies (oreos!) to my kids, I wasn't even tempted..well, just the teeniest bit, but that's nothing compared to usual! I had a big ice water instead.

Good for you on the exercise! Sounds like a lot of fun. I have been waking up really achey lately, I hope it subsides, it puts me off first thing, you know? I have to just get over it and do some moving anyway. It's hard-it sucks feeling so rotten first thing. :( Getting up at 4:30 everyday doesn't help, either!

It's late, so I'm gonna go get some relaxing done. Thanks for thinking of me-I think of you everyday, too! It helps a TON. 8)

Oh, and I eat my salads on a separate plate, too! I wouldn't worry about that-I think it's fine! As long as your salads aren't swimming, I don't see a problem I always go light on the dressing too, because it ruins the taste and texture otherwise!

Talk to ya tomorrow!
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:30 pm

G'mornin'!

Well so far so good-breakfast was an egg sandwich on whole wheat w/ a thin slice of lunch meat (ham) and a banana(small). I am stuffed, but want to start getting in fruit for breakfast everyday. Plus I ate earlier than usual, so this should last me till lunch no problem.

Gotta do errands w/ the kids-see ya later-have a Great N-day! 8)
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:26 pm

Hiya!

It's 5;21 pm and so far not a single failure..not even a SIP of soda. Not that I'm not craving some, but I am hanging in there. I tried a very simple ploy (and so obvious it's embarrassing, but hey..). I just didn't pop one open. I have to talk myself out of opening one for "just a sip" and then it's much easier to say no. Sort of, lol. It's working for the moment at least!

Hope you're having a good day too! 8) talk later..
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:59 pm

Glad you got something worked out for the soda! I'm proud of you :)

Had a good day yesterday. Made vegetable risotto for supper and 2 butter horns (yes, could've stuck with one). But it was on the plate!! LOL

Had a shortish, slow walk, since Noah wanted to ride his bike and then walk for part of it, but got out and stretched my legs.

Day's going well so far. Had 2 eggs, scrambled, 2pc toast with butter, and 2 pc facon. (soy bacon). Never had that before. A little weird for sure! Kindof bacony tasting but strange texture. And a v8Fusion juice cut with 1/2 water. (not a big juice fan- it seem sso strong unless I cut it with water).

Lunch ?? Not sure wht that will be. Noah might likely ask for chikfila after school, so taht's a possiblility. DH said he was going to lunch with the people from his office (we won't go into THAT issue LOL). So we 3 might as well go out too I guess.

Almost to the end of the week. Can't wait to unwind!

Talk soon

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:25 pm

Yep-I'm in Day Two: Soda Lock Down (lol). So far so good. Okay it's REALLY hard and I really want one.. I can't wait till an s-day so I can have one for breakfast-lol. Pathetic, I know. But this is the first time in a long time I've gone this long without it.

I'm hungrier for mealtimes I'm noticing. Today had blueberry muffins and a bit of leftover chicken for breakfast, and for lunch we're having Pasta Fagioli (homemade soup! yum) and cheese quesadillas.

My mom's here and we went for a walk. She pulled gracie in the wagon and let me ride my bike-it was so much FUN! I miss bike-riding, I really need to do it more often. It's the perfect thing to do while my foot is bothering me-I still get a workout but no pain (well not in my foot, anyway :P )

I'm glad you got to get out and move some, even if just a walk with the little ones (I know they're not exactly an aerobic workout, but it IS a workout, nonetheless, -just a different kind :lol: )

Well I better go back and join the chaos :roll: Talk later~
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:00 pm

5:57 pm.

still craving soda...arrgghh...

hope your day is going well!

talk later, to give my daily report 8)
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:13 pm

Sorry about the soda cravings! I had a nice long post and then POOF! Gone. Weird.

I am betting that the soda cravings will be better in the next few days. Give it a week and then see how you feel about it. I hope that today will be better for that!

Last night I got out the big 13" dinner plates because all week I've been hungry even after meals (we use 9" salad plates now for several months). And I ate! Finally, not hungry last night, not waking up growly and hungry in the wee hours. I was finding it hard to ignore, honestly. I'm having a lot of fatigue lately and so anxious to get to the dr's appointment on the 26th about my heavy periods. TMI but since I use the menstral cup, which holds 1/2 oz. I told dh how much I was filling it and over my 9 DAY period I lost nearly a pint of blood! No freaking wonder I'm hungry and tired! Yikes.

So anyway, supper was rotisserie chicken, baked beans and baked potato. Yum.

B'fast was one of those breakfast scramblers frozen meals, had half wiht dh and then a cb&j english muffin plus milk.

Lunch ?? I think leftovers again and dinner I have salmon thawing, so probably salmon/rice/veggie, something like that.

DH has alllllll next week off, I can't stand it! I am pretty excited to not have to have him working all day.:) We're going to be doing some painting, his dad's flying into DC for a protest so we'll go hang out with him for a while and sight see, and hopefully the weather's nice enough to do lots of bike rides or something.

Have a great N day, almost there to an S day! :)

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:56 pm

sO HERE we are at the end of a Friday and I'm trying really hard not to make my S's start friday night and end Sunday afternoon.
I think wosnes does it that way.

It's just that we're starting to do movie night where we get a pizza or wings or somesort like that and enjoy a movie and everyone else gets ice cream except for me.

I'm playing mindgames with myself LOL

ANyway, for now I'll stick with today as an N day while we watch alvin and the chipmunks.

talk soon
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:33 am

Hi Tiffani! Sorry I'm so late checking in-I had a really busy day today, had to go to SA for grocery shopping and miscellaneous errands. I ended up being gone for NINE hours when you total it up :shock: No wonder I'm beat!

I am proud of you, you are doing great! I made it til this afternoon, about 430pm (ok I had 1 teeeeensie sip at 8 am) and then I got a soda. I was getting ready to drive the 45 mile drive home in rush hour traffic and I was STARVING (ha-right) :oops: and I even got a small bag of m&m's..which I didn't finish...but still, I cheated. So, I felt bad; but I also noticed that it didn't really taste very good-ya know? I didn't enjoy it, I mainly ate it cause I was huungry-and traffic BUGS me!

But I didn't have any other snacks.

I am finding I don't WANT snacks. And after two and a half days of resisting, even the soda isn't pulling at me so hard :shock: :shock: :D HOORAY!

I will try very hard not to be an idiot tomorrow! I will plan on popcorn for a treat tomorrow evening, and try really hard to exercise.

I'm glad Jessie has some time off-good for you 8) (both!)

well I am off to bed~talk tomorrow~!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:20 am

Good N day do you!
We spent the weekend painting the kids' rooms and the kitchen and dining room (looks a million times better!!).

This N day, we had to run up to DC to see Jess's dad who's in town for a spinal cord research protest (pro, he's a quadriplegic). We'll be going tomorrow also. But in all my busy-ness I FORGOT to eat breakfast!

FORGOT!!! And on A MONDAY (hungries!!) :shock:
I'm speechless. I did have lunch (not a whole lot) leftover thai fried rice and a roll. And dinner at Caraba's (soo good but not settling well with tummy). OVerall a nice N day. Tomorrow I AM going to eat b'fast first thing!

Your shopping day sounded loooong and tiring, can't blame you for the M&M's there.

Ok, off to bed, I"m pooped!
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:10 am

ooh I was feelin' guilty not checking in! Glad you've been busy too! The new paint sounds great! I love having newly painted rooms 8)

Well I have two red x's in a row :x Nothing major, but definitetly not on habit. Yesterday and today I've been doing some major overhauling of my sewing stash (fabric is overtaking my house-it's SCARY how much I have, and even embarrassing! ) Anyway exhaustion made it hard to be strong :roll: but tomorrow is a new day. And we will prevail-even me, lol.

I hear ya about forgetting breakfast-I actually forget to eat too, sometimes. It always shocks me, too :lol:

Time to get the kids in bed (sigh of relief!)~talk to ya tomorrow!
btw, do ya see how many new checkin's there are?? WOW! good for Reinhard 8)
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:32 am

There aer a lot of new checkin's! I have to scroll waaaay down to find ours LOL. I'm so proud of Reinhard and everything he's accomplished, even if it's accidental!

Had a good day yesterday. Another green X. and I was sure to eat b'fast of my usual oatmeal/yogurt. That is So filling and even though I had a half sandwich with chips for lunch and a chicken salad for dinner I felt like I had just had thanksgiving meals! I didn't finish all of my lunch and dinner.

Another busy day today, so I best get it started. Good luck with the cleaning. I think I'm getting OCD about organization, I got those rubbermaid clear storage bins of different sizes to store all our things, toys, etc in. Even the master bathroom is crazy organized now!

Have a great day, talk later!
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:10 pm

Just a quick morning checkin. Having a mid morning coffee to gear up for finishing the kids' bathroom (tore down oooold wall paper last night and scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees, ew!)

Anyway, had a country b'fast with potatoes, eggs, facon and a biscuit. DELISH. Mmm. And soy milk too.

Alright back ot work!!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:09 pm

Hey Tiff!

Another VERY busy couple of days-I am BEAT to a pulp!! Finished up the first phase of sewing room organization Project 2008, lol. The fabric-ugh-but it's all done and I am convinced I will truly NEVER have enough time to sew it all. It literally took two days of constant work, plus a little bit-less than an hour-last night to finish.

Next is my pattern stash, which needs a major culling and clean-up. It's not as bad as fabric though :P

I haven't had a good week, nos-wise :roll: Not gonna let it get me down. I have a stuupid cold sore on my lip that hurts like the dickens (and looks so lovely, too!). I only got about 4 or 5 hours of sleep last night thanks to the dog having to go out at like 2:30am-once I wake up I have trouble falling back to sleep-probably because I'm thinking about the fact that I have to get up at 4:30 to help Jack get off to work. So I stayed up and sewed a pair of PJ pants for my Mom. It's her birthday today, and Jacob made her a chocolate cake-from scratch-yum!) I also knit her a couple of pretty cotton washcloths, shaped like flowers (hopefully not as goofy as they sound, lol). I made the pants out of this yummy silky smooth batik with moons and stars on it-very cute, I wanted them myself! :lol:

So then the other adventure this week began yesterday, with a trip to the grocery store..we went to our local Super S store for a few groceries, just me and the kids. Nothing unusual...then when we got home and turned on to out gravel drive, I noticed a, well, a "lump" in the dead middle of our driveway. It seemed to have a face (lol) so I sent Jake to investigate. Sure enough, it was a baby bird!! A *BIG* baby bird, about 5 inches long, and of course, so ugly, it was cute. We thought it was either a raven or a crow, because of its size. It also had *enormous* feet for a baby bird :P

We were going to see if its parents would come for it, but it just looked so pathetic, and opened its mouth and made tiny begging sounds, we couldn't help it-the boys started to feed it and MAN did it eat a lot-of crickets, roaches-eeew!-pillbugs, and grasshoppers-anything they could catch. We put it in a box with some brown paper and paper towels, and a heating pad on low in half the box, under the papers, and kept him in the shed over night. I was planning to go ahead and raise him, but the boys (my chief bug-wranglers) seemed to be getting less enthusiastic about keeping up with demand (they already have two toads they feed), lol. So we took a road trip (yes, after my less than restful night) to Kendalia (an hour's drive one way, with four kids and a Grandma in tow)to take the little guy to the local (and i use that word loosely, lol) Wildlife Rescue Center. (big sigh.) It was actually kind of hard to let the little guy go! My mom nailed it though. When she saw him before we took him in, she said she thought it was a Road Runner, because of his big feet :P -hehe-she was right 8) Cool, huh?

And they gave us a number to call to check how he's doing (they said they have another baby roadrunner about his size, so he'll have a buddy. We have rad runners all over the place here, I don't know why I didn't think of that before-last year I remember watching a family of them out back-junior was quite big, tyvm, but he was still following Mom and Dad around begging for food. It was funny :P

Anyway after that was done, we took them to the park in Boerne (on the way home) and had a picnic. We saw lots of fish, turtles, geese (one with four eggs), and ducks (3 fuzzy babies, too!). Mama Duck got caught in a fisherman's line, but luckily got free quickly.

Then we drove home and my Mom who has way more energy than me at 67, decided there was some yard work that had to be done today even if she had to do it. She was going to lift an 80 lb rock (I kid you not)..I of course refused to let her (Jake and I did it) while she protested that she could do it just fine. She's probably right, but she just got out of physical therapy and what kinda kid would I be if I let her??!! LOL. So I got to do yard work to keep her from doing it.

I'm tired. but it was a fun day. I'll try to check in again later!

By the way I'm glad I wasn't tearing down old wallpaper-lol-UGH! that's hard work! :D
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:22 am

Wow, that was a BUSY day! I like the story about the baby bird, glad you found a rehab center for him.

For supper, the kids wanted sausage, eggs and pancakes LOL so it was a very breakfasty type of day! I'm dying for some stir-fry or something!

Good job organicing your sewing room! Tomorrow hopefully we put the 2nd coat of paint on the dining room and bathroom and then BE DONE with it. Had a good time with the projects but I don't like the disassembled room chaos that comes with it :)

Ok, one more N day to go, and don't sweat your week- once things calm down for you, you'll have more energy to concentrate on N days. I gave up more than a month ago- and stayed given up for quite some time before I came back to really concentrating on N days.

Thanks for keeping posting! Talk tomorrow!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:47 pm

Phew! Just did the last coat in the bathroom this morning, looks pretty good. Can't wait to get all the stuff put back in there and get rid of the disarrayed clutter.

Eating is ok today. I wasn't all that hungry and didn't want to cook anything and I HATE cold cereal, so I had 2 biscuits with butter and a chocolate soy milk. Probably will be hungry by lunch, but it's only a couple hours away, so no biggie. Hunger is just a feeling.

Hope you are doing well today, TGIF!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:23 am

Having a crazy S day. Mostly I have been an idiot! Snacked on hint of lime chips and ate a couple or more pieces of chocolate cake! :) :O

Feel terrible but it was tasty!

Dh got me some more cuisinart processor attachments and I've been playing with that now. Good stuff. Lots of stirfry's :)

Talk later.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:59 pm

Sounds like you had a really good week-your new cuisinart toys sound like fun! i love my food processor! Send me some good stir-fry recipes if you have any :P

And the room you did sounds nice-good luck getting it all put back together. We re-arranged my sewing room to include a small area for my art "studio", lol. It's really just a little corner of a table and a rolling cart to put stuff in. Plus I bought a little flourescent lamp at the thrift store to help with lightinh. I like it! Hopefully it'll give me a space for relaxing. I always wanted to be an artist, ever since I was a little girl, but after having kids it's been on the back burner for a long time. So we'll see how it goes.

I unfortunately made the mistake of looking at a BUNCH of pics from our digicam today, and I am SO depressed. I am such a fat disgusting cow, Tiff- I HATE HATE HATE seeing pics of myself. And worse, I look so bad, I can't imagine even losing weight will help :cry: I am really depressed. And I had such a bad no-s week last week. I feel so hopeless.

Sorry I am gonna sign off, I know I am wallowing and don't want to bring you down with me.

Back on the wagon tomorrow, God willing...
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:38 pm

G'morning, Tiffani! Hope you're doing well!

I had a good day yesterday-green day, yah!! I even rode on my exercise bike, for 50 min. I want to keep that up, for sure!

Haven't had breakfast yet, so I need to go do that. Nothing sounds good though, I don't know why...Well maybe nothing EASY sounds good, lol :P

Gotta go get the zoo under control :roll: talk later!
Hilary
_______

Jamiebf

Hi Girls

Post by Jamiebf » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:17 pm

Hi there Hilary and Tiffani
I read your forum often and had a question. You have both been doing this for a long time. I am on day 22 and have about 30 pounds to loose. I and some others have experenced tighter pants in the first 21 days. I know for me I have loaded my plates with whatever I wanted for the first two weeks. I do not know if the scales have gone up because I asked my husband to hide them, I obsess way too much about the numbers and I want to be free of all the obsessing. I have been exercising all along and have been for over a year. Do you think it is normal to see a weight gain in the beginning for some?

Thanks I look forward to hearing from you both, maybe I'll put the question out to everyone.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:33 pm

Ugh, yes, I HATE looking at pictures of myself as well. My huge fat chin, and I look SO enormous compared to everyone else in the pictures. Seriously I look twice as wide as dh :( I hear ya!
Try not to let it get you down. You are a beautiful person inside, you are striving for better for yourself and that really will make the difference for you and me too.

Of course, thiat is easy for me to *say* but last night I broke down and cried in the shower while talking to dh because it seems I'm so ugly, and my whole world is just falling down around me (we're having some behavior issues with ds). Plus I am in a lot of pain in my abdomen, and cannot wait to go in to the dr. this saturday to see what's going on and the heavy periods. I was also upset because I DO NOT want to go through one more period from hell and the weekly emotional psychotic roller coaster that has brought with it. Last year was so much better, since I was breastfeeding and NOT ovulating or having periods. I was mentally MUCH more stable all year, good energy (despite sleep deprivation) and I had daily joy. Ugh. (vent alarm! Sorry!)

Had a good N day yesterday. Today's my b'day so taking an S day. Had a caramel macciato from starbucks and a chocolate chip/caramel scone this morning. That was DIVINE. :) Food is just way too tasty!

Not sure if I will get a b'day cake or what yet.

Hang in there!

and Jaimebf I did experience some weight gains in the beginning. I had(have!) some real issues with feeling like I am desperate to have food available all the time. Like it's an emergency (survival) issue to have the food all day long. So when I did 3 meals a day my plates were enormously mounded. I did this for about a week till I really realized I wasn't going to be starved or deprived. I cut back to normal portion sizes (they are much smaller than most americans are used to) and I also switched to 9" dinner plates rather than 13" ones. The plate still looks way full with normal portion sizes when it's smaller.

It also helps to increase your movement. Take the dog for a walk, park far away at the grocery store and walk, etc. I HATE exercise, so make it fun. ONe of our favorite activities is bike riding, and I pull the kids in a trailer behind me and hit the hills! (eek!) Weight training is very effective, even if it is just 14 minutes. Of course I say this all and am currently in an exercise slump due to health issues, but hope to get back into the swing SOONER than later!

Keep posting on the board, keep asking questions. And you might just have to be stricter with your tummy toddler. After a while it won't be as hard.

Good luck :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:09 pm

Well my b'day treat was a delish coffeecake from starbucks. I think I just found a new source for S's!! Yum!

Today had my swiss cheese, facon and egg muffin for b'fast with a banana and soy milk. Yum.

Haven't thought about lunch yet.
Having a decent day so far- dh had all last week up to yesterday off, so today's the first day of him working, eek! So far so good.
Talk later
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:53 pm

shamrockmommy wrote:you might just have to be stricter with your tummy toddler.
I like the term "Tummy Toddler".
It's new to me.
I've been saying "the baby inside",
but when doing so I'm afraid people will think I'm refering to pregnancy.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:42 pm

BrightAngel, I agree-I think it's normal (nothing to worry about) to gain weight for the first week or two. I tended to make *really* big plates at first, to make sure I wouldn't get hungry between meals, so I probably ended up eating more. Just keep at it, it really does get easier to cut down on the portions you put on the plate, and soon you'll find yourself eating normal portions again and fending off the little hunger you might feel between meals. It really does start to feel "normal" not to snack. It took awhile for me, and honestly, (I'm sure you read about it) I still struggle. But not as much-by a long shot-and not as often.

It'll get better, hang in there!

How're you doing, Tiffani? I had an okay day yesterday, I guess it ya don't count that I ate some homemade graham crackers :oops: I didn't eat lunch though (accident) so calorie-wise, it probably worked out. I'm so good at rationalizing :roll: . They are pretty low in sugar tho, but still. I'd been wanting to make them from scratch for years, and we were out of them so I went for it. They came out really REALLY good :P LOL.

I'll be a good girl today 8) ha-ha! I hope.

I did exercise yesterday, with Michael and Noah even (they're so cute, lol). Did Squats, lunges and upper body work. It was fun with the boys :D

Anyway I better go and get myself in gear for the day (blah). My kids are not letting me get good sleep again. Sigh.talk later! have a great day!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:18 pm

Mmm homemade graham crackers sound tasty!

Doing well. Eating well. Things are good. I think I may go and pick up Noah at school in the bike trailer. I have about 40 minutes before i'll need to leave for that.

Sorry about the sleep. Lack of sleep just makes everything SO much harder! Ugh. Seems like the kids kindof go through cycles- a few bad nights alternating with either both or one waking up once or several times a night. Then a couple nights with both sleeping thorugh and bakc and forth... Last night Noah had scary dreams and ended up in his sleeping bag on our floor in our room last night. But then, he slept till 8:15 (both kids!!!!) hooray! I feel like a newish person LOL newish.

Had meusli plus yogurt and a coffee for b'fast. Getting better at keeping my portions sane too, so that's nice.

I'm noticing my body HATES sodium nitrite (or that's my suspect anyway). DH made delish reubin sandwiches last night but the lunch meat and sauerkraut were full of thos preservatives and I started feeling my hands and feet swell and just general unhappy digestion.

Talk soon :) Have a great day, Hilary!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Morning. finishing up b'fast which is an egg, cheese and facon muffin with a banana.

Hope you're having a good Friday. Looking forward to the weekend, but not as enthusiatically as usual, perhaps I'm getting used to the S's LOL

Just a quick note, got Laundry and a picnic to plan :)

Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:02 pm

ANother eNd to aNother week! :)

Rode bikes pulling the kids in the trailer to Panera and had the sourdough soup bowl with clam chowder. Which I always forget that white soups like that have cream in them (DUH) and I"m totally lactose intolerant so now I'm like :shock: with the owie tummy!

Lunch was sandwich, crackers, carrots. I'm having this phase where I donb't want to cook anything or do anything. The house is a pit again. Nobody else volunteers to do anything. Ugh.

I wonder how long it would take for someone to care/notice if I just stopped doing laundry, dishes, picking up toys, taking out the laundry all the time. Gripe gripe!

Sorry LOL

Have a great weekend!
Have no idea what my S's will be... yet.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:12 am

Was a good S day, really.

Had my appt wiht the gyn this morning so b'fast was late, but ate my 3 meals, and supper was cici's pizza and I tried one of each of the desserts. those cinnamon rolls are YUM-O.

At my appt, discovered my uterus is twice the size it should be. The pa thinks it's a fibroid, but Monday I have to call a civilian provider to get an ultrasound and see waht is going on. I am wondering if the H word will come up and I am not sure how I feel about that.

Anyway, hope you had a good week and are having a great weekend.

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:22 am

Ruh-roh. Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you are doing ok and everyone!

Had a good S day yesterday. Completely sane, I had BK for lunch with a choc. shake and then got a starbucks chocolate chip caramel scone for a treat later in the afternoon.

Having my meusli with yogurt for b'fast. I need to get groceries, things are getting low! :)

Talk soon :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:30 pm

I miss you!

Not sure what to make for supper, probably should stir-fry the brocolli and carrots in my frige and mac n cheese for the kids I guess.

Doing well. Getting the ball rolling and got my Ultrasound scheduled. would you believe they want me to drink 32 OUnCES of water and hold it 2 hrs prior to my appt? A bladder only holds 16oz for cripes sakes! Geez.

That's friday after next.

Talk later.
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:46 am

EEEW! Sorry to hear about the girl problems :( Yuk. I hate when they expect you to do stuff like that :roll: I hope it goes well for you-I'll be praying for you!

I am doing ok-had a busy week, sorry about not checking in more. I didn't do so hot with my nos. I forgot to eat lunch AND breakfast today-but somehow managed a couple of SNACKS . I ate about a quarter cup of chocolate chips this am-really healthy not to mention CHEATING... then realized i forgot brekkie and lunch so I ate chips and guac for "lunch" at about 2:30. Plus crackers and cheese. sigh. For supper I made homemade chili (very healthy, lots of beans and onions, grn peppers, celery and garlic) with homemade cornbread. Ate a reasonable portion, so that was good.

I'm determined to start exercising again. Sick of feeling blobbish~ya know?

And I totally feel for you with the housework thing.. I've threatened MANY times to go on strike-lol-but its always me who can't stand it anymore :roll:

And last night Jack tells me he saw a MOUSE. yes~ in the HOUSE.

I am NOT a happy camper :shock: :x :evil: :!:

Ugh.

Talk later!

(btw, I didn't realize it'd been so long since I posted! Sorry about that-I'll try not to let it happen again :p)
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:53 pm

So day's meals are going ok. Probably not eating enough again but running out of groceries Plus I'm on another period from hell so that doesn't help my appetite. Thinking of taking today as an S day just because of that horrendousness. I had a piggish lunch today= leftover chicken in a wrap with cheese shreds and teriyaki sauce. That was kindof gross actually so I left the last forth of it. Then a bagel, one half wiht butter and the other with jelly and then 5 waffle fries that teh kids didn't eat, but they fit on the plate!! Oy

I wonder if really bad girl issies just warrants an S day during. I think I might just talk myself into it LOL.

Glad you checked in, sorry about the red days :(

Talk later
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:10 pm

Hiya Tiffani...just a quick check in-my feet are SOOO achey :( I overdid the standing thing today. I am really tired of them hurting, it makes me very grumpy! I exercised today, (weights), made home-made english muffins (I love them but refuse to pay almost 3 bucks for 6 english muffins!). They look really good, but I haven't tried them yet :P That'll be breakfast tomorrow~yum!

gracie just jumped in my lap (let the games begin) :roll:

I cut out some pants to make today also..that took awhile because I always have to alter the pattern immensely! But at least I have clothes that fit despite my bizarre shape.

I want to run on my treadmill (well sort of, lol), but my feet hurt too much.

Sounds like your having a rough day too-hang in there Tiffani!! I hope you're feeling better soon. {{{{hugs}}}}

Now I have to figure out supper. I'd rather take a nap!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:54 pm

Sorry about the achy feet, that's no fun at all!
The english muffins sound good, I bet they taste better homemade than store bought.

Well today's a FAILURE. I'm just not myself at all. I wound up having a bagel midmorning and some teddy grahams and now rice cake cheese snacks. There's just something off with me.

Long story short but many phone calls I have an appointment tomorrow with my doctor and not some doofy PA to help me figure out what's going on... I mean just besides the uterus issues. I think the last call I made bawling to the appointment desk got results- Oh, did I mention, I've been crying on and off all day about apparently nothing and just feel like I have this huge cloud of nothingness and despair over me. I hate feeling like this!

Anyway not sure if this shoudl be an S day or just a red day.
I'm fine, I'm not great but I'm fine. I wish I was like I was last year- was still b'feeding so I didn't have the stoopid hormones flowing like I do now.

Ugh.

Talk soon!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri May 02, 2008 1:29 pm

:( {{{HUGS}}}

I am so sorry to hear you're feeling so down! I know what you mean about the hormones-sometimes I do the same thing, crying for no apparent reason. I wish I could be there for you, maybe help cheer you up. Maybe it's just the stress of everything-not feeling well and having your hormones acting up can really mess with you. I am glad though that you were able to get in sooner. Please let me know how things are going!

I have been off the no-s pretty much for a couple weeks. I'd be kidding myself (and you) to say I'd had more than one green day :roll: if I did it was probably an accident, LOL

I need to get back on it! well, I'll talk to ya later, but just remember I'm thinking about you and praying for ya-hope you are feeling MUCH better!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun May 04, 2008 1:02 am

Thank you for the prayers, I appreciate them. I think I'm making Tues/Weds S "sick" days. I went in to the dr and because of all the crazy hormones and stress I've been under, she put me on celexa (anti-depressant) :( So it turns out I have depression. you know, one of those things you think only happens to other people. I've been on a low dose for 3 days now (they say it takes 1-4 weeks to feel the full effects) but I feel different. There's no more doom upon waking, and I'm enjoying the kids more. Still not 100% but better, anyway. Still, very hard/scary for me to admit that I'm "depressed." The way my dr explained it to me is that under stress, brains lose serotonin and neurons which accept them. And so when you lose too much you get that doom and gloom and sadness and such. Interesting stuff, and yet there's still SO much we don't know about our brains. Not sure how long I'll have to be on it and the weaning off process already scares me (GOT to stop reading the internet about it!!)

Aaaaanyway...

Today's S was a MOVIE!! Haven't been in about a year. We saw horton hears a who. I had popcorn and m&m's and twix too! Yum. Not your gourmet chocolate but yummy.

Tomorrow... not sure. Maybe a scone from starbucks or a brownie or something. We'll be smoking a rack of ribs.

I'm sorry you're having a hard tiem with N days. I'll be thinking of you!
It's hard to stick to it, I know!

Talk later!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon May 05, 2008 12:15 pm

I am so glad to hear you're feeling better-I know its scary to be on meds, but I am sure it's only temporary. I agree, you should stop reading on the internet about it, LOL! i am really bad about things like that too-too much info can make it worse, and I have a habit of doing the exact same thing. Too much research is BAD for peace of mind :P

Well, we went and bought a "new" (used) car this weekend! My DH's first car loan in his name-he's very excited, hehe. I got to go shopping for it (my favorite part-and don't you love a man that lets you pick out HIS car for him?!) and he got to do all the financial junk I hate 8)

I was initially looking at the Honda Fit-but when I actually drove it (although I liked it) I realized that a 6'2" man would be, umm, a bit *cramped* shall we say, LOL. SO.. they had a 2006 Civic available (which was actually what he had originally wanted anyway-I had talked him into looking at the Fit!). It was one they really wanted to get rid of-it had been bought just a short time ago, and the new owner brought it back because it had been a smoker's car originally and they couldn't stand the smell. So they were motivated to SELL. Good for us, because Jack ended up getting it at the price he wanted (and he's a smoker unfortunately, so the smell wasn't a problem for him :( ).

Anyway it's a pretty deep blue Honda Civic. It should really help save gas money (compared to the Isuzu Rodeo he was driving), not to mention be a bit more dependable. The Rodeo is 14 yrs old and the AC didn't work-not good in the Texas heat. Needless to say, Jack is THRILLED, lol.

We haven't had a car payment though in a reaaaaally long time though-so, not so fun there. But anyway, it'll be worth it!

Better go-we had to get the kids up at 4:45 to take Jack to work this am so he could pick up his new car after work. I need a nap already and its only 7:13am :wink:

talk later!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon May 05, 2008 6:00 pm

Yaay! A new car!
I love the excitement of picking out which one you like and test driving and choosing all the options and stuff. Fun!

Yes, feeling better. Realizing I was missing out on a lot by being so sad and detached. It's so hard to explain the feeling but I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me and at this point, I don't care how long the meds take to get (keep) me well. It's been an interesting 5 days!

Eating- going well despite everything and was glad to have somehing to cling to, to have a constant. Sunday had german chocolate cake- from walmart (lazy!) but it turned out to be really, really good! I could not finish my piece.

Other than that a lot of gardening (we're experimenting with hydroponics) and outdoor stuff.

HOw is everything going with you? Have you been able to tighten up your N days? I hope that the soda isn't calling to you too much! ;)

Ok, talk later, laundry becons!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon May 05, 2008 11:56 pm

Well since you asked I'll be honest. I have basically not bothered even trying lately and have screwed up royally. But not bad, compared to what I would have done in the past-does that make sense?? Like, I snacked last night-but it was homemade popcorn, not giant candy bars and soda...meals have been (mostly) smaller than in the past-in other words, I don't usually overeat anymore-I stop when I'm full..

Jack got lost on his way home~ the stupid car people were supposed to put new tires on the front and instead of having it ready they sent HIM to get it done..VERY BAD. Jack is *terrible* with directions...needless to say he got lost and wasn't able to get it done and I am sure he'll be QUITE crabby when he gets home :(

I am ready to get back in the saddle. I am so glad you're feeling better-I can imagine how you felt. I was feeling very depressed for a few months but I just tried to ignore it, ykwim? I feel better now, thank God-but I don't want to go down that road again! I think getting healthy will do wonders for us in terms of our mental/emotional health-to say nothing to our bodies! LOL.

I gotta go control the masses-talk to ya tomorrow!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed May 07, 2008 2:14 pm

Sorry to hear about Jack! I hope he's not too upset! I am bad with directions myself, so I understand.

I am glad that some of the habits have stuck with you even though you're off the wagon :). I'm sure it's still nice to stop eating when full and have healthier snacks instead of candy bars.

Today's good. Yesterday was good. The ultrasound came back that I have a fibroid. So that explains a good bit of things.

Not much else new- got to run for the moment, kids are wild! :)

Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu May 08, 2008 4:57 pm

Phew. I'm always glad for Thursday, because that means friday is not far away!

Today's going well. b'fast was meusli with yogurt and an HB egg. Lunch was kindof this n that- rotisserie chicken with smiley fries and jello and a choc. milk.

Oh and a pancake because I wanted one LOL.
Probably a bit much but it was on one plate!!

Sleepy today but feelign fine. Hope all is good with everyone your way!

Talk soon,
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu May 08, 2008 9:13 pm

Ola!

Turned out Jack was in good spirits when he came home, lol-a true testament to how much he likes his new car! 8) Air-conditioning makes all the difference :D

I am glad you finally found out what's causing the trouble-do they have to remove the fibroid (please ignore this if I am getting too personal! or you just don't wanna talk about it!). Anyway, I hope everything is better with you!

I had a good healthy breakfast this am, (oatmeal with blueberries), but my evil (jk) Mom tempted me with an ice cream sandwich (those mini ones from bluebell). :x And I bit, so to speak. The bummer was, it wasn't even very good! I expected more-but hey, that's what I get :roll: Lunch was mcnasty's and I just ate some fritos. CHEATER. Ok, I WILL BE GOOD. I WILL DO WHAT IT TAKES. I WILL NOT SEE RESULTS AS A CHEATING CHEATER. (LOL).

Seriously. I gotta get a grip!!! Ok. I feel better venting.

Now to go and think up something healthy for supper! I just wanna say, too, that I am REALLLLY glad you are here for me. Even though I've been stalled for awhile, because of you, I haven't given up. Thank you, my friend!!!!! We can do this!!

BTW, I did exercise, too, the last couple of days. Basic stuff. (HA!) I can barely walk, lol...but in a *good* way! :P I just bought Jillian Michaels' "30 Day Shred" workout DVD. Looks really good (or painful, should I say!lol)

talk later-I'll let ya know how the new DVD works out! 8)
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri May 09, 2008 7:15 pm

Don't feel bad. I had nearly 3 months of being off track before I got back on again. Today I caved and had one of those mini cookies. Tiny, like teh size of a quarter. LOL so not a huge failure. I'm not sure if I'll count it, but I guess, a sweet is a sweet. It only had 10 calories LOL.

Life gets hairy and it's sometimes hard to devote your energy and time to one thing or another. Sometimes for me that means diet too.

Although I'm clinging pretty hard to nos right now because the drugs I'm on supposedly cause "weight gain" tho I'm not so sure it isn't because it causes one to crave sweets (I am!!) and how many of those people act on those cravings and permasnack all day?? Ya know?

So anyway, all are doing well. Glad Jack wasn't upset when he got home, I would die w/out a/c in the heat! Phew!

It's been rainy/stormy all day here. Kindof pleasant tohave a grey day once in a while.

Meals were decent. Leftovers for b'fast and lunch. Ugh. I think we just about got that cleaned up now! (I hate leftovers!)

Talk soon!

Oh, and I'm happy to be here for you, because I'm happy that you're here for me too :)

Have a good S weekend!!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon May 12, 2008 12:52 pm

Happy MoNday. Had a good weekend. Made a delish ghiradelli brownie yesterday. Very tasty.
Otherwise my meals were good. I'm finding my appetite is waning a bit, perhaps temporarily, but I'm down to 214.5, which is EXCELLENT :) Only 14 or so to go until I'm under 200. I'll have a huge party that day LOL.

B'fast was a bowl of meusli with yogurt and a coffee/creamer.

Hope you are well, talk soon! Restless children (and it's STILL raining, bah!)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon May 12, 2008 9:38 pm

WOW, Tiffani, that is GREAT GREAT GREAT!!

i'm so jealous :cry: but happy for you 8)

I exercised this AM for 25 min-a Jillian Michaels DVD-her new one, called 30 Day Shred. Its a good workout-definitely do-able, but you can feel it, that's for sure.

Another red day for me. I'm feeling like a hopeless case. :roll: (tears in eyes).

I have to go help with math.. talk later!
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon May 12, 2008 11:50 pm

just ignore me! I'll be fine..i wish I had your email--I got an email from a friend today I'd love to send you-you'd like it! :)
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue May 13, 2008 2:40 pm

Ok, send me the email :)
you can PM me if you like.

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad about another red day (((hugs))) wish I could be closer to help you out!

Might it just be time to be a little tough with the tummy toddler?
Can you get out for a walk when you feel like snacking/sweet?
Play a game with the kids?

Hang in there, I am proud of you because you are always more consistent with the exercise than I am!

Talk soon, got to go pick up Noah from school.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue May 13, 2008 4:23 pm

G'morning, Tiffani!

I'm doing ok. But my right foot is starting to hurt along with my left foot :(
Jack got me custom shoe inserts for mothers day, and we're still waiting on them (they were ordered last Friday-hopefully they'll be here by THIS Friday, when DMIL is coming to stay with the kids overnight! I want to be able to WALK ya know, lol).

The man who owns this store helped me; he's a podiatrist, and says I have plantar fascitis (sp??). IT SUCKS. He was really nice though, and I'm hopeful these inserts will bring some relief. I could use some!! I think this is a lot of the reason I've been so down. Continuous pain from walking makes life with 4 home-schooled kids difficult, and Mama very grumpy :(

Did you say you had this at one time? Does losing weight help? After all, you're in the big leagues now, having lost 30 lbs (you GO girl! :P :D )
I would think it would. I sure hope so!!!

I haven't had a single SIP of DrP (or any soda of any flavor) all day. I employed a new "we won't have it in the house on a weekday" rule, and it helps, lol. (shocking, eh?). Plus I'm tired of pain and it's worth it to lose weight and give up ~snacks/soda/sweets~ just to have my feet/joints feel good!!!! I am such a wimp. But whatever it takes!

So far today, on habit! YAH! I am gonna start marking my calendar again-that helps. And reading from my NoS book too. I did that this morning and I feel fired up again! I can't wait to get rid of the fat, and feel good again. Thanks for the hugs and support! And while I could be FAR more consistent with the exercise, I am at least trying. Jillian said ( on the new DVD) that she "has 400 lb people doing jumping jacks, so I know you can too!" UGH, but she's right! LOL.

{{{hugs}}} thanks for the pep talk-you are a great friend 8)
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed May 14, 2008 3:53 pm

Glad I could be of help :) Wish I could do more for you!

So glad to hear that the dr. p has been banished during the week. That's just a good idea to keep that temptor out of the house (is what I have to do with all sweets as well).

Yes, I had PF in my Right foot a few years ago but stretching and motrin helped me through that. Oh and I switched to Brooks shoes- they have a stable "platform" (sole) on the shoe, very comfy. Any other shoes just cause my feet pain. (brooksrunning.com) I think that was the major helper for me. Yes, losing weight helps (and I no longer suffer from it, at least for the moment).

DH has it now in his left foot and causes him considerable pain. He has a special boot that he wears to bed (usually ends up taking it off during the night) and sometimes in the evening. http://www.plantarfasciitisbrace.com/ his is the 2nd one down.
I know it can take a looong time to heal those. Hang in there.

Glad you reread the book and are marking your calendar again. Seeing the red and green X's for me really helps too.

Ok, got to get lunch ready for the kiddos. Take care of you :)

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed May 14, 2008 5:12 pm

Thanks for the tips, Tiff! I am so relieved to hear it does eventually heal-and that losing weight seems to help. I am sorry to hear you DH is suffering from it, though! Tell him he has my sympathy, poor man!!

i am praying I'll get my inserts Friday!! LOL.

well, I took the kids to town for errands-had to get interfacing for sewing projects, go to post office, and get the oil changed. The oil change was one of those places that you sit inn the car and wait while they finish-UGH-with four kids, lol. They were pretty good, considering. But I then broke down and got a DP :x but I didn't drink it all. I cheated again later though :roll: But so far so good today-its noon and I've been up since 4am with a heavy thunderstorm including hail. So I am determined not to cheat. I am more inspired than ever to lose this FAT to rid myself of this stupid foot problem!!

i really wish I could give you a hug :D lol you're the best!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu May 15, 2008 5:10 pm

So I was talking to one of the moms at noah's school today while we were waiting to pick up the kids.

She went from already attractive at the beginning of teh school year to smokin hot!

She said she's stopped running or doing any cardio at all and lifts weights 5 times a week. Shes' dropped fat and toned up. So somethign to think about maybe, especially since I hate the heavy breathing of cardio (running, etc) But I might still throw in the walk and bike rides.

How are things going for you today? Things going well for me. Loads of laundry, dishes and a couple of errands to do yet today and I"m not sure I'll get to that. Want to just take a load off and play wiht the kids outside this afternoon. It's so nice now and it's supposed to rain a lot again this weekend (bleh, why oh WHY does the rain always line up with the weekend?????)

I'm hungry today, despite eating well. I have to really talk myself down between meals from grabbing a snack and I'm sitting here with a big glass of soy milk to try to shut things up.

I'm very interested to see if the progesterone actaully stops my periods this month- I don't have an appt with a gyn until the 27th so i'm not sure what the plan is with the fibroids. They still cause me pain (ugh).

So I'm thinking good thoughts for you to9day!

Talk soon
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri May 16, 2008 2:10 am

Hi! I have been really tired today-dh keeps me up too late-I frequently fall asleep on the couch waiting for him to be ready to go to bed, lol.

I used to lift weights regularly at a gym-Before Kids, naturally! It is *the* quickest way to get totally hot, I agree. And I never was lifting extreme weights, either, just enough to feel a bit of burn. It worked WONDERS. Of course I was twenty at the time :roll: and only lost 7 lbs (I was jogging 4-5 days a week too and waiting tables -very heavy lifting, up and down 2 flts stairs). I would be thrilled to now be the weight I thought was hugely fat (a whopping 112 bs) at the time! (shakes head). I wish it were so easy now!!! I had all the time in the world, and it was no problem to do it. Now i just need to MAKE the time! It's so hard to squeeze it in.

Eating wasn't too bad today. I did break down and have a snack at about 4:30, Fritos and fat-free refried beans. In my defense my stomach was growling like crazy, so at least it wasn't head hunger! I'm feeling all bloaty and gross, its the week before, you know. Speaking of which, I do hope you are feeling at least some relief from the pain!

Tomorrow Jack's Mom is coming to spend the night tomorrow so we can go out and even stay in a hotel (wow! lol) without the kids

:twisted: hehe

:lol: 8) No doubt I will miss the kids like crazy! We are going out to eat at a restaurant owned by our best friends (whom we really almost never see any more, sadly). Then we'll probably go out in downtown SA (yes we live a wild life! haha). I can't stand to be too far away, just in case .

Hopefully my feet will behave and we can go dancing! I would love that, I haven't been in AGES.

well, it's late-I better go spend some time with the hubby..talk to ya tomorrow!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri May 16, 2008 12:05 pm

Yesterday was a failure. Although technically it was the afternoon hungries kicking in- well it was supper time and since Jess plays ultimate frisbee on Thursday evenings, I have a hard time with thursdays. We end up eating very late and I'm always ravenous by that time.
So I had 3 club crackers and probably about 5 goldfish crackers. Not all that much but still not on habit.

The female department is about the same. I am still waiting to see if the progesterone will actually stop my period. That would be nice. I have an appt with the gyn on the 27th to come up with a plan, I guess.
I just want to be normal/healthy!!

TGIF. Hope today I'm not overly hungry today between meals. Have several errands to run this morning also.

Glad to hear you and Jack get to have some couple time! It's a very rare thing for us too.

Ok, talk soon
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon May 19, 2008 2:22 pm

Another Monday is upon us. Had a snackathon weekend, pretty much. Saturday just from an afternoon snack, I was full and miserable the rest of the day. S's weren't all that good. an apple crisp (soggy) from outback and brownies on sunday (nto very good either!) Ah well.

Today for b'fast was a bagel/crm cheese, apple and cheddar slices and coffee/creamer. The coffee was STRONg, so I wound up shampooing the upstairs carpet! LOL It needed it anyway, the water was filthy!

Got a few errands to run today. Not sure if they'll all get done, but no biggie if they don't.

Talk later!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon May 19, 2008 9:22 pm

I ran errands today too-stopped in to see grandma w/ the kids-they loved that :P

I feel sick-I got scammed today and someone got my CC # :( I feel SO stupid-luckily I called immediately to check to see if my order had gone through properly the *second* time (the scam one) and the woman told me the order was processed already, and they didn't send the other email :shock: Once I looked more carefully I could see it was sent from a completely different email (heck, a different COUNTRY) and was obviously not legit. Anyway they didn't have time to use it before I reported it stolen. Still-scary!

No cheating today so far!

Gotta go make supper, and other stuff-talk to ya later!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue May 20, 2008 12:50 am

Well today is a failure. A small scale one, since I had about 10 club crackers in a moment of weakness (WHY did I not have a glass of milk or something?? Ugh.)

Otherwise had a great day. Did a bike ride AND took the dogs for a walk after.

Good day :)

Hope you are well!
Talk later!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed May 21, 2008 12:22 am

Finally, a green day!

Although I feel a bit... yech! Because it was chick fila for lunch and Five guys burgers for dinner :shock: Gross.

Can't wait for the meusli and yogurt in the morning- some real food!

Got a nice 30 min. walk in wiht the dogs. I have been having dh do the kids' bath and I walk the dog during that time. It's turning into a really enjoyable activity.

Hope things are good for you :)

Talk later!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed May 21, 2008 12:21 pm

Ok, so having some meusli with peach yogurt for b'fast and a coffee/creamer. I know I was going to try to wean off the stuff, but... yum!

Not sure what we'll do today. Maybe take the kids to a park so they can get a change of scenery. It's not supposed to rain today (finally!) it's been a wet May and we've not gotten out as much as we'd like!

Talk later
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu May 22, 2008 12:04 pm

I'm a little grumpy today. Bfast is an egg,ham and cheese bagel. Yum!
I'm cross posting from another thread but here is my issue:

On Thursday late afternoon, dh has ultimate frisbee practice and the kids want to go "watch daddy" which means they play around in the dirt and grass and go running gleefully around the field= a LOT of work for me LOL. But I go. Now, mid afternoon, about 3pm, I know I'm already getting really hungry for supper (we eat about 5:30-6). So when we get hom from frisbee I'm FAMISHED. And I've been having red days because I inevitably dive into the kids' snacks because I'm sooo hungry. (And I KNow, hunger is just a feeling) but I get the headache to go along with it.

I think I might have some juice or some sort of drink during this time on Thursdays to help get me through to dinner, which ends up being close to 8pm (noon to 8 is a looong time!) Or maybe on Thursday only I'll add a 4th meal about 4 pm, something like an apple with cheese slices or something.
I end up having a LOT of anxiety about this every Thursday, and sometimes it's all I can think of! I do think perhaps knowing I could have that 4 pm light meal would definitely take the edge off and keep my Thursdays from being red. What do you think?
Talk later!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri May 23, 2008 12:44 pm

Yesterday worked out well with the 4th light meal, so that's good.

Today had 2eggs and 2 pancakes. Have yet to get that coffee up there waiting for me though!

One of my dogs had a tick bite and develped the bullseye rash and so took her to the vet and found out she had a lyme exposure. :( Doxycyline is supposed to take care of it, so that's good.

Talk later!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon May 26, 2008 10:46 pm

i just wanted to check in to say hi! I'm still alive (lol) and have been busy busy-but I haven't forgotten you! i don't even have time to read the latest messages here, kids are whining for me, so I'll try to check in again later today.

hugs!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue May 27, 2008 12:02 pm

Glad to hear from you :)

Today b'fast is egg,ham,cheese bagel. Yum. With a banana.

Glad it's an N day, as I took 3 S days and waaay overdid it on the sweets. I felt so sick last night! Bleh.

Anyway, got to get the kids ready for Noah's last full day of school (he's going to be sooo sad for the summer break!)

Talk later
Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu May 29, 2008 12:22 pm

Well, Mon, Tues, were green days, Yesterday was a red day. I didn't have much appetite at lunch so by mid afternoon I was famished and stoopid me, I grabbed for 2 cookies instead of a drink (we're actually out of the soy milk which is my go-to).

Ah well. Still maintaining weight, 215.5 this am, which isn't surprising but my clothes are fitting better. My size 18 pants are fitting better. Comfy instead of slightly cramped!

Today's a new day. B'fast is granola cereal and bagel with cream cheese and coffee.
I promise I'll eat enough lunch to get me through- plus today is Thurs so I may take my 4pm meal because of frisbee practice.

Talk later
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri May 30, 2008 12:08 am

Ack. Another RED day. Oh well.
It was just a couple of minor snacks- a slice of apple (Ha!) and a handful of goldfish crackers.
But still. Snacking!

Had a dx of a fibroid with possible adenomyosis and I have 2 weeks to "think" about my options. I am probably going with endometrial ablation, given its quick recovery time and outpatient status.

Eek!

I'm looking forward to it being over with and it has an 85% success rate- I hope it works for me.

A couple days of pain is worth less or no bleeding!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri May 30, 2008 5:43 pm

Today's going well so far.

On track with meals and resisting the urge to snack (anxiety!).

Just a quick note!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:22 pm

G'morning! Decided to get in here early so the day doesn't get away from me again! Wow-June 1 already!

I think your extra Thursday meal is absolutely perfect. No problem, you should NOT feel guilty in the slightest about it-it's perfectly sensible given the extra long time between your lunch and dinner. It will keep you on an even keel and you will not go off on the deep end at supper due to perceived starvation, lol. I think its just plain common sense, and that's what No-S is about, ultimately.

And I'm sorry to hear about your dog, but thank God it can be treated! Hope he(she) is doing better. I had to take one of our cats (Hobbes, the boy) in for his shots and he protested the whole way, lol. Next week I have to take Max (dog) and Callie (sister cat) to be fixed, both on the same day (yee~haw-that should be fun (not) ). Plus a flea bath for Max. Fun!

I am glad to hear your female probs are getting taken care of~ sounds like it has a great chance of success! That's good. I am sure it'll work out and you'll be good as new before long. {{{hugs}}}}!

Well here it is June 1rst. I have screwed up the first 6 mos of '08 and I'm tired of screwing up! I remember Reinhard writing something like 'if you truly give No-S your all for 6 months, you cannot help but lose a significant amount of weight." I tried to find the quote but can't find it, so I'm paraphrasing. In light of this statement, I am going to do exactly that, as an experiment, so to speak :D and see if he's right. I have to admit I have begun to think I will just be fat forever and there's nothing I can do. But I know also that the reason it isn't working for me, is let's face it, Hilary, I am not DOING it. :roll: Sigh. So here goes. I am going to give it my all for 6 months and see if Reinhard is right. January 1rst will hopefully prove he is!

Plus Jack says we are going on a very special vacation (cruise around Greece!) at about that time, so I have extra incentive! We have never been on a "real vacation" so if this actually happens I will be amazed and thrilled. And I want to be skinny for the event! LOL. Or at least skinnier :P

SO~ here goes! Btw, I just wanted to say again, how proud I am of you. Your are truly inspiring!! keep it up, woman!
Hilary
_______

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:59 pm

Plus Jack says we are going on a very special vacation (cruise around Greece!) at about that time, so I have extra incentive! We have never been on a "real vacation" so if this actually happens I will be amazed and thrilled.
Hilary, just wanted to say that a few years ago we went to Italy. Although I was not as neurotic about food and eating as I was in my twenties, now i can look back and say GOD I wish I had had no s then. It is so lovely to be able to go to other countries and really ENJOY their different varieties of food.

Although a lot about my food and eating was fine when I went to ITALY i did have some FOOD MOMENTS and it would have been more relaxed for me if I had had NO S habits.

So what I am saying ... your extra incentive can ALSO be to just have a damn good time and ENJOYING the food ... by building your NO S habits the six months before you go :D

Blueskighs

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:33 pm

Well said, Blueskighs!!

:D yes I plan to enjoy myself completely! 8) I agree, it will be a huge relief not to be worrying about "diet" while on such a once-in-a-lifetime vacation.

Thanks so much for the encouragement!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:52 pm

Glad to see you back Hilary :) I knew you could do it!
Don't forget to be strict with the tummy toddler.

I did have a tough week with snacking last week but this week I plan to do better.
Still maintaining around 214-215, which is ok. Generally I hover like that for several weeks and then drop 5 and then maintain. I just hope I can get to 199 by Dec. 31!! And then gooooodbye 200's FOREVER (I hope!) I must be a noser for life.

Ok, have to get ready to meet a friend at the park. Happy noSing, and remember you can always reach for a drink if you're really starving ( I forget this ALL the time!) Ugh.

Talk soon
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:12 am

Hi Tiffani!

Hope you had a successful day-and a good day overall, as well :P

I'm proud to say I had my first successful N-day in a very long time. YAH!! I had to pour half a Dr.P down the sink first thing this morning to avoid temptation, lol. There are cookies in the house as well, but they don't present much of a problem when you set your mind to something, surprisingly. I didn't trust myself with the DP, however.

Now to repeat tomorrow! talk later!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Good Job Hilary!! :)

Yesterday ended up red day. I guess. I tried to restrict my meals (ugh) becaues I really want to get to 199. Even after supper I was way too hungry and had a bowl of cereal. Not a terrible S but still, it was an S.

Today I'll be eating better and (duh) go with slow and steady and sane meals.

Ok, talk later, ahve a great day!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:32 pm

Well, considering my esses-one bowl of cereal pales! LOL. You'll get there, I know it!

Yesterday was our anniversary-Jack brought me a dozen roses and a hand -written card :p sweet! So I did have a couple of treats-carrot cake and cookies, but it was legit for once!

I cheated today however. I made homemade bean soup with cheese-quesadillas for lunch and then I let the kids have a small slice of cake after...and, well, I had a small slice too :roll:

I am past it though, and I haven't had DP since SUNDAY. I don't think this will snowball, like drinking soda does for me. I am much better at resisting sweets than soda, so I am not worried aout it. I still think calorie-wise it wasn't bad-bean soup is very low cal and I didn't eat all my quesadilla. Plus it was a *small* piece...okay, am I forgiven?! lol. I am marking a red on my calendar today though.

Tomorrow will be better!

I have to go get the dog and cat from the vet-they both got the treatment today (spayed/neutered, poor little guys!) plus Max got a flea bath and nails trimmed, and heartworm check. Fun Fun.

talk later! hope you're having a great day!
Hilary
_______

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:32 am

Hilary,

Happy Anniversary :D

(belated)

Blueskighs

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Happy Anniversary!!!! :)

Cake is hard to have int he house on N days. I have to throw it in the garbagte or send to dh's work or otherwise I WILL eat it :)

Yesterday, another RED day. Had 2 frosted sugar cookies that Noah helped make on SUnday. Just haven't been sleeping well because one kid or the other wakes at night, and again last night NOah woke with a nose bleed. So very disturbed sleep and then whiny kids all day yesterday and I went seeking out a little sugary pleasure to offset the screechy 1 yr old and whiny 4 yr old!

Ah well.

Today WILL be successful. It's Thursday, so I get the afternoon minimeal. SHould probably throw something inthe crock pot.

Hope yhou can read this ok, been typing with Evoli crawling around all over me.

I just back read and realized I totally missed your post about the stolen CC. I hope that everything got fixed up and you weren't responsible for the fraudulent charges! Scary!

Well, got to take the kids to a sibling gymnastics class. SHould be fun!

Talk later, have a great day :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:02 pm

Thanks y'all! :) I'm a very lucky woman :P

Yep cake is hard-I almost never have it, so it's super tempting..dson brought me the last small slice today after lunch~ :x and darn if I didn't succumb AGAIN!! But its gone now, and can do no further damage!

Gotta go to the dentist Monday (WAH!!). I've got a bit of a toothache, and I'm hoping its not too bad, doesn't hurt that much yet, so hopefully I caught it soon enough for minimal misery. Sigh.

Have fun at frisbee throwing today! Lol, whats it called? It sounds like a lot of fun to watch!

So a decent day so far except for the (cake) arrgh! I better get back to the kiddos-I want to get on my bike and do at least 20 min. It's not much but better than nothing!

Talk later! oh, and yes, everything's fine with the CC. Luckily it was caught almost immediately (thank God!!!) so there were no unauthorized charges. (whew!)
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:49 pm

Ugh. SOrry about the cake. IT is just one thing I have a VERY hard time saying no to. and it's not even the frosting I like it's the cake part :)

Good job on riding your bike. I haven't done much in th way of exercise lately.

Had a green day yesterday after a few red ones. June was starting to look a little too red!

Back on track because it really really does work just sticking to the basic principles. I feel the need to go clothes shopping because some of my shirts and shorts from last summer are getting a bit clownishly large! (or I should say, I"m shrinking!) :shock: Some of my fav. shirts from last year are waaay tent like and I feel like a total slob wearing them LOL.

What a fun reward for just sticking to the meals most of the time! Shoooooppping!!

Ok, so I have already done all my chores today but I could pick up toys.

Oh, and get this. In just this week, my 21 month old dd has decided to POTTY TRAIN HERSELF!!!!! I don't want to jynx it, could be a fluke but since Monday, she's been peeing in the BIG potty and pooping too ALL BY HERSELF!! She'll just stop what she's doing, declare "potty!" or "poop!" and run to the bathroom, climb up and go. I caught her about an hour ago trying to wipe after she poo'd on the potty! A m a z i n g! And a lot less work for me LOL. Now if I could get my 4 yr old to stop having accidents.

Have a great friday and enjoy your next 2 S days :)

Tiff
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:26 pm

HOw are you doing Hilary? Hanging in there?

June has been a bit rough. 4 red days so far (eek!) but still maintaining weight, so that' sgood.

Yesterday was green, though I did have watermelon in the mid afternoon with the kids at the neighbor's house. I'm not counting it as red though.

While maintaining the basic N day principles, I don't see the harm in watermelon now and again on a record-hot afternoon ;)

That's about it. Searching for the right bernese mountain dog for dh. No other news to report here :)

Talk later.
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:00 am

Had 2 good days in a row, no problems!
very very quick update!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:32 pm

you are doing great, Tiffani! I had a not-so-good week :cry: but I had to go to the dentist TWICE...ugh...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :roll: I truly *despise* going to the dentist, and although I don't know how cheating on No-S makes it better, I did it anyway.

So its in the past and I can move on. I am sorry about not checking in more this week-my whole schedule was messed up and it made it difficult to get online, plus I'd have been grumpy anyway, lol.

Did a new exercise routine twice this week~it's called T-Tapp. It's actually a whole lot harder than it looks. The moves are rather complicated and you have to be precise, but there is no running or jumping. It's very low impact. Its supposed to be very effective~we'll see how it goes. I'm the kind of person who doesn't feel like I've worked out unless I'm really feeling it, you know? It did make me sweat and breath hard, which surprised me! And I did just the short (15 minute) workout. But no soreness in the muscles afterward, so I don't know. I'm going to give it a while to see what results it brings. It's supposed to bring changes really quick, as far as inches lost, so it'll be a worthwhile experiment if its effective!

well, I better go take care of the kiddos~gracie's in my lap ( I totally understand lots of typos for all those W? small children, :lol:

talk later~
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:39 pm

QUOTE:

Back on track because it really really does work just sticking to the basic principles. I feel the need to go clothes shopping because some of my shirts and shorts from last summer are getting a bit clownishly large! (or I should say, I"m shrinking!) Shocked Some of my fav. shirts from last year are waaay tent like and I feel like a total slob wearing them LOL.

What a fun reward for just sticking to the meals most of the time! Shoooooppping!!

Ok, so I have already done all my chores today but I could pick up toys.

Oh, and get this. In just this week, my 21 month old dd has decided to POTTY TRAIN HERSELF!!!!! I don't want to jynx it, could be a fluke but since Monday, she's been peeing in the BIG potty and pooping too ALL BY HERSELF!! She'll just stop what she's doing, declare "potty!" or "poop!" and run to the bathroom, climb up and go. I caught her about an hour ago trying to wipe after she poo'd on the potty! A m a z i n g! And a lot less work for me LOL. Now if I could get my 4 yr old to stop having accidents.

(end quote)

Okay, I just have to say~~ HOORAY!!!! you are awesome~cool cool cool needing new clothes!!! I am completely jealous~especially about the potty-training (lol). Gracie is *mostly* trained...naps and bed, still diapers :roll: ok, I'm really more j\ealous about the new clothes :P

{{{{{HUGS!!!}}}} of congratulations!!! yah!! enjoy yuor new clothes! and especially your continued success 8)

kid is still in lap-feeding me dry cheerios-yuuuum (not!) lol!
Hilary
_______

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Sorry about the dentist. I also LOATHE the dentist. I still need 2 crowns on the molars on the lower right and since the one on the left was SO painful for so long, I just keep putting it off and off and off. They don't hurt, so that's good I guess!

Evoli has decided to use diapers the last couple of days. No biggie, she's still very young yet. but still, pretty cool, as sometimes she'll take off her pants/diaper and go potty or poop all on her own.

Eating is going well. Probably didn't eat enough b'fast but it's only 3 hrs till lunch.

B'fast was a cashew butter and strawberry preserves on whole wheat eggo waffles. LOL YUM. I also appreciate the way the little squares hold in the butter and jelly so it doesn't squish out all over ;)

Here's to a quiet, awesome weekend for the both of us, and some SHOPPING> Almost payday!

Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:48 pm

I had to go to the dentist TWICE...ugh...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it I truly *despise* going to the dentist,
I also LOATHE the dentist.
count me in ... I truly CANNOT STAND going to the dentist either :D
cashew butter and strawberry preserves on whole wheat eggo waffles. LOL YUM. I also appreciate the way the little squares hold in the butter and jelly so it doesn't squish out all over
now that sounds yummy!

Blueskighs

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:45 pm

Good weekend overall. Just too hot to eat very much (which is good!!)

Saturday my S's were a cheese/fruit plate at a posh restaurant (had a sitter, woohoo!) and "chocolate confusion" a chocolate cake. Many different chocolate layers. wow...

Today's S was a cookie dough blast. Ordinary. Might have a mini microwave choc. cake yet. But I just finished putting kids to bed and need to wash dogs.

Talk later
Tiffani
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:24 pm

G'morning!

Glad to hear you had a good weekend~your S's sound Yummy! I made Lemon cake with lemon cream cheese frosting-yuuuummm!! for Father's Day for DH and my Dad. It was delicious, but so sweet! I couldn't even finish the piece. At one time, anyway :twisted: hehe!

Back at it today, though! Did you have fun shopping? I know what you mean about being too hot to eat, too~ its ridiculously hot here, as well. In the mid to high 90's everyday this month almost~last month, too, for that matter :roll:

Well I better go get the day going! Talk later!
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:45 pm

Hi Tiffani!

I had a GREEN day yesterday-hooray! Still, not a very good average for the month, but better than last month, sadly, lol...

hope you're doing well! just a quick hello, I need to get the day moving~talk later!
Hilary
_______

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:49 pm

kids are driving me crazy roday.....need cake ... :x
Hilary
_______