Throwbak42's Daily Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

throwbak42

Throwbak42's Daily Check-in

Post by throwbak42 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:32 pm

I started the 21 day challenge today. Wish me luck. Ill check in tomorrow and tell you how it starts.

throwbak42

Post by throwbak42 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:12 pm

Feb 20 2007. Day 1. I am 240 lbs by th way.

Success
Breakfast: Egg and cheese sandwich(3 eggs, 2 honey wheat toast, 2% cheese, and light mayo)
Lunch: My roommate made pancakes and waffles. Had one sensible plate
Dinner: I made a packet of Lipton Rice Sides and it held me till bed.

I ate at 8am 1:30pm and 7pm. I really like the system. It seemed really easy but i think it was the excitment of the first day. Wish me luck today.

throwbak42

Post by throwbak42 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:51 pm

Day 2 Success

Breakfast: 2 packets of instant oatmeal made with milk and an apple

Lunch: Lean Pocket, crunchy granola bars and a banana

Dinner: Another Lean Pocket, and a homemade burger(2 slices Honey Wheat toast, Lean Beef Patty, Fat free Mayo, and Ketchup.

I decided that in order to stop any extra eating in the evening, i will simply brush my teeth right after my 7 or 8 oclock meal....that way i dont want to eat.

The first two days have been good......I hope i have more success. Wish me luck today.

throwbak42

Post by throwbak42 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:40 am

Day 3 Success

Breakfast 2 eggs and 2 waffles with syrup(is syrup a sweet?)

Lunch Lipton Rice Side dish Chicken and Brocolli

Dinner 4 chicken wings and gumbo.

There was a little bit of funny stuff. I ate dinner at a college function. They were serving food on the small 3.5 inch plates. I went ahead and had 2 of these and called it one plate. Does this count as seconds?

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:55 pm

You're fine on that. A 3.5 inch plate is pretty small, definitely not a full meal.

Welcome to No-S...sounds like you're off to a great start! Be sure you eat enough at each meal to get you to the next meal.

throwbak42

Post by throwbak42 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:40 am

Day 4

Success

Breakfast: Oatmeal and Banana

Lunch: Fish Sandwich and Apple

Dinner: 2 slices of Pizza

Today was a lil bit hard but i made it.....I feel like im on my way to 21. Tomorrow is an S day so im gonna treat myself. I think on my S days i wont Snack or have Seconds but i will have Sweets with a meal. I think ill enjoy it best that way.

throwbak42

Post by throwbak42 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:10 am

Day 5 S Day
Day 6 S Day

To be honest......i went ahead and acted like an idiot.......I think it will actually help in the long run because i dont want to feel like i do after S days. I think i going to go with ONE S per S day. meaning 1 Snack or 1 Sweet or 1 Second.

throwbak42

Post by throwbak42 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:14 pm

Day 7
Success

Breakfast: No breakfast....i had to run.
Lunch: Lean Pockets
Dinner: Spaghetti, fish, and chicken.

throwbak42

Post by throwbak42 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:55 am

Day 8
Success

Breakfast: Oatmeal and Banana
Lunch: Spaghetti, Chicken, Fish
Dinner: Lean Burger, apple, 2 carrots

I was tempted for a second to go eat but i made it through the craving. I have got to make it through 21 days. I decided that i am going to save eating waffles for my S-days because i feel like the waffles and syrups are sweets.

pangelsue

Post by pangelsue » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:29 am

You are going great and welcome to No S. Enjoy your S days for a while and just get used to the program. You can shave them down later. I see 21 days in your future.
A lot of growing up happens between "it fell" and "I dropped it."

throwbak42

Post by throwbak42 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:56 am

Thanks for the encouragement Pangelsue

Day 9

Success

Im writing this early because i am confident i wont fail....well im trying to tell myself that im not allowed because i already put it up.

Breakfast: Oatmeal
Lunch: Spaghetti, Chicken, Fish
Dinner: Pasta Side Dish and carrots

I dont think i ate enough breakfast today.....i was hungrier throughout the day. I made it tho and tomorrow will be better

throwbak42

Post by throwbak42 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:53 am

Day 10
Success

Posting success early again for motivation. But i will be sleep in about 3 hours so i should be fine.

Breakfast: Egg and Cheese Sandwich and Carrot(3 eggs, Reduced milk cheese, 2 slices honey wheat bread, and fat free mayo) It was good!!
Lunch: Spaghetti, Chicken, and Fish(I have been having this alot but i just ran out of the Spaghetti and Fish leftover my sister made. What to eat now? I dont know. lol
Dinner: Spaghetti and Fish

I am going to start working on more variety in my meals. Whats funny is that i dont even get hungry between meals anymore but today i was just craving something to chew on....old habits die hard.

throwbak42

Post by throwbak42 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:32 am

Day 11
Success

Breakfast: Oatmeal
Lunch: Drumsticks, Brocolli and cheese. Corn on the cob.
Dinner: Big ol plate of jollof rice, a few carrots, and a tangerine.

I ate lunch at 1:30pm and didnt get home till 8:45pm.......my stomachs hurts because i think i ate my dinner way too fast. lol I felt like snacking through the day, but i chewed on a mouthful of gum. And for dinner i almost had seconds. It is funny how i want to cheat so bad today when tomorrow is an S-day. Well im off to brush my teeth so i dont touch anything else.

throwbak42

Post by throwbak42 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:53 pm

So i am going through this S day.......and i find myself running through different foods that i dont even want. i grabbed some pringles ate half them gave the rest away. did the say with some skittles, some snickers, some chex mix, and some doritos. lol. I think i am done and I am back to my senses. Whats crazy is that even with all that i havent blown my caloric goal for an S day......i can still have a small lunch and a good dinner.

throwbak42

Post by throwbak42 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:52 am

Day 12 and 13 S-Day

Day 14 Failure