just wanted to say hello

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

fitchick

just wanted to say hello

Post by fitchick » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:20 pm

Today I just read about this new idea of dieting. I did really well for lunch. My husband is very healthy and likes for me to be healthy also. I am hoping this will work for me...I had fruit. Is that considered sugar? :P

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:53 pm

Hi and Welcome!

I think this will work for anyone, as long as its given the time it takes-it's not fast, but it IS effective!

And yes, fruit is absolutely fine-it's not refined sugar which is what is restricted on nos days. It's a healthy choice, and I've read Reinhard (nos inventor) has it most days with his breakfast.

good luck, glad you're here!
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

fitchick

thanks for the encouragement

Post by fitchick » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:33 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. I like the fact that we can post how we do on a daily basis. I have lost 68 pounds similar to what I am doing on here. It really can be done. I just have a few more pounds to shed. I just need the encouragement and a little bit of good advice along the way... :)

fitchick

Re: thanks for the encouragement

Post by fitchick » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:40 pm

fitchick wrote:Thanks for the encouragement. I like the fact that we can post how we do on a daily basis. I have lost 68 pounds similar to what I am doing on here. It really can be done. I just have a few more pounds to shed. I just need the encouragement and a little bit of good advice along the way... :)

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:14 pm

Wow, 68 lbs-that is FANTASTIC!! congratulations-maybe *we* could use some tips from *you*! 8)
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson