Should I skip?

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

atc55

Should I skip?

Post by atc55 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:24 pm

I'm really committed to making it 21days but am a little concerned about the fact that I'm already on an S day and I just started the diet. Should I treat today and tomorrow as Nos days and wait till next Saturday and Sunday or not?

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:51 pm

No, S days are part of it and part of your 21 days. No matter where you start in 21 days you'll have 3 weekends and 3 weeks worth of N days. Reinhard always seems to say that sticking with the plan will help you build the habits.

Good luck and keep at it!
Julie

Bee

Post by Bee » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:10 am

atc55,
No way, don't skip your S days! I like it when my 21 days begins on a Sunday. Then, your first day is an S day, and, more importantly, your last day is an S-day (Saturday). Then you get to Friday and you think you've still got one day to go but it is an S-day, so you've made it!

You're building habits. It is a sensible way to do things, but it is not always easy, so give yourself a break when you can. You deserve it and it will make the next week easier. Anyway, the point of S days is not to go nuts and eat everything in sight, the point is just to relax and not think about rules for a couple of days--important when you're just starting.

Good luck, you're doing something really great for yourself, and you're doing great!
B