Barb's checkin

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

bevenson

Barb's checkin

Post by bevenson » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:57 pm

I have about 100 lbs to lose. After 20 years of a difficult marriage, I am ready to start over emotionally and physically. I'm hoping this helps.
FAILURE: Ate 4 cookies before breakfast.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:16 am

Welcome to No-S! And just for the record, you can't fail on an S-day.

bevenson

Post by bevenson » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:23 pm

Judy, thank you for checking in on me. I am just starting down a very long road and it sometimes can seem a little lonely. I appreciate your advice. (I am posting a day late, bc I don't have a computer at home. So that was actually my Friday stuff.)

Saturday: SUCCESS:

mondurvic

Computer

Post by mondurvic » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:32 pm

My advice of the day: - Get a computer at home. It will be so helpful to be able to check in 24/7.

Judy

PS - I sent you a personal message, too.

bevenson

computer at home

Post by bevenson » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:25 pm

Well - the divorce means I'm not sure where I am going to be, doing what and why. So not for the present! I completely fell of the wagon last week, and haven't climbed back on. I am answering this while eating a Cocoa Via bar.