This week's meals

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

tapper47

This week's meals

Post by tapper47 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:01 pm

I try to leave 5 hours between meals and at least 3 hours between dinner and bedtime. It does mean I eat larger meals but I have lost 11 lbs in the last three months doing this. I also exercise daily. This combo has been great for me.

Aug 6, 2007
7:15 finished breakfast
Bowl shredded wheat with 1/2 peach and whole milk, whole wheat toast with PB, black coffee.

12:15 finished lunch was hungry before my five hours (not enough protein at breakfast)
Taco with extra cheese, beef burrito with extra cheese and onions

6:15 had some raw almonds was not hungry for dinner

August 7
7:00 finished breakfast
Bowl shredded wheat with 1/2 peach and whole milk, whole wheat toast with PB, three sausages, black coffee.

12:30 finished lunch
Black coffee, Ritz crackers with garlic/herb cheese spread

7:00 finished dinner
2/3 lb. T-bone steak, 1/2 baked potato with butter and scallions, asparagus, glass red wine.

August 8

6:50 finished breakfast
Three eggs scrambled in butter with three links sausage, 1 slice whole wheat toast with butter, 1/2 peach, black coffee.

12:30 finished lunch
Went to Chili's and had the Trio Fajita lunch. Two tortillas with sliced steak, chicken, shrimp and peppers and onions. Had a few of the Texas fries. Coffee with 1/2 and 1/2.

No dinner, just a few raw almonds. Not a bit hungry.

August 9

7:00 finished breakfast
Bowl shredded wheat with whole milk, three sausages.

2:00 finished lunch
Double whopper Texas style from Burger King.

7:00 finished dinner
Part of a T-Bone steak, some potato and asparagus, glass red wine. Not really very hungry, big lunch
Happily eating 3 times a day