Senanbar's No S Journal

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

senanbar

Senanbar's No S Journal

Post by senanbar » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:25 pm

I have been off and on with the program and I hope to spend some more time here for inspiration and motivation. Also, to chronicle my progress.

About me: 29 years old, American Indian female, married, living in a health-conscious and very active city in the Southeast USA; I've done every diet out there since I was 23 (before then I didn't diet) and my top weight was around 275 and my lowest weight about 170. I feel best about 180 (at 5'8.5) but if I go lower I won't be complaining.

I love food but sugar is my weakness more so than seconds or snacking so my focus is keeping the sugar to S-days and keeping to the good ol' 3-0-1 meal plan - three meals a day, nothing in between, one day at a time.
Last edited by senanbar on Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

senanbar

10/09/07 & 10/10/07

Post by senanbar » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:40 pm

Yesterday was my first true No S day in a long time, and I have to thank my friend who called me right about 5:30 and kept me on the phone until bedtime. Unfortunately, I woke up in the middle of the night sick as a dog with fever, etc. so today is a No S with lots of water and vitamins and soup. It may turn into an S day - a SICK day if things don't improve. *sigh*

Yesterday's Menu:

B: Selu Smoothie*
L: Selu Smoothie
D: Crockpot tri-tip beef roast with baby potatoes, baby carrots and a side of ketchup

* = I make a smoothie for days I work to get me through 2 meals. I take 2 cups plain regular Dannon yogurt, 3 cups fruit (a mix of different types), 2 scoops Designer Whey vanilla protein powder, 2 scoops Primal Defense, and 2 tsps of extract (vanilla, lemon, orange) for extra flavor.

I will edit later for today but I expect it will be a lot of chicken soup, tea, water, and the like. The only thing that would make it an S day for SICK would be some Sprite, which is a comfort measure for my throat.

Today's Menu:

B: Lipton noodle soup, black coffee, tea
L: Lipton noodle soup, 2 8-oz cans Sprite
D: Moe's chicken and cheese quesadilla with salsa

Flnu

Post by Flnu » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:33 am

Hope you feel better soon.