Pencil necked weenie!

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Pencil necked weenie!

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:38 am

Oh my goodness Prod! I just had to extract that comment as it was so hilarious!
But FYI, yes Reinhard is now a SG adonis, but he never was a weenie, :lol: just mildly overweight...
I suggest you try out the hammers at the hardware store and do some of the chopping and shovelling movements.. That should answer your weight question best... I know Reinhard worked with a 12 lb one for a whole year then upgraded to a 16.... I use a 12 lb one, but when I weighed it on a scale it was really more like 14...
Just see what feels good to you.. It shouldn't feel so heavy that you are straining, but it should be enough to feel it....
Ten pounds would probably feel okay too...
Judge for yourself... This is a great toning exercise.. I have taken a break from it for the past two months, and now my weight is slightly less than when I was doing it more regularly, but my tone is diminishing a bit...
Maybe it's time to pick it up again! It is a lot of fun... 14 minutes is just enough to have a physical benefit, but not so long that it discourages you from doing it... (ie: no need to "make time" like with other longer workouts, and hence it's more non-optional)
Peace,
8) Deb

Prodigalsun

Post by Prodigalsun » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:15 am

Thanks, Deb. I'm thinking about heading to Home Depot tonight.
--

Starting Weight: 275
Current: 269
Goal: 190

"I shovel well, I shovel very very well."

Prodigalsun