chiquitabanana's daily check-in.

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana's daily check-in.

Post by chiquitabanana » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:36 pm

Day 1 = SUCCESS! Yea! Hey guys yesterday was my official first day of following the program. I must say that i was so happy. I ate such delicious food for breakfast i had oatmeal with slivered almonds and milk, for lunch i had a sandwich of whole wheat bread with turkey and havarti cheese, pretzels and a green apple and for dinner i made the most delicious soup it had potato, diced ham, kale , carrots and onion i also had a piece of sourdough bread with butter,salad and a glass of milk. I was so satisfied that i did not feel the need to snack or munch all day long. Just knowing that i can have what i want makes me not want to binge. That is huge for me. I also had so much fun making my homemade soup. What i realized is that i love to cook but when i was following other strict diets i lost my joy for it. I felt so limited. I never want to do that again. Well guys i will put another entry in later for today. :D
Heath starts in our heart and mind.

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:32 pm

You're off to a great start! Keep eating and enjoying!!

chiquitabanana

Post by chiquitabanana » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:25 am

Day 2= success! I felt so at peace today and i was actually able to get so much more done today because i was not constantly obsessing about food and what should i have calorie wise for my next meal that would fit my day. With No s i do not have to stress about that nonsense. I ate healthy and i felt extremely relaxed.

Breakfast- bowl of cereal, milk and half a banana.

Lunch- bowl of homemade soup left over from last night, piece of sourdough bread with butter and apple juice.

Dinner- manicotti (homemade might i add) I love to cook! :D green beans, apple and a piece of sourdough bread with butter.

chiquitabanana

Post by chiquitabanana » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:28 am

Thanks Jammin' Jan for your supportive words. I hope you had a great day and wonderfull S-days on your weekend.

chiquitabanana

Post by chiquitabanana » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:32 am

S day what a great day!

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:42 am

I so hear you on the loving to cook, but having it squashed by prior diets. I like to bake more now (on S-days!). Oddly, the more I plan good meals on N-days the better I do - it's like I'm allowed to enjoy food again!

Good luck on your next week!

chiquitabanana

Post by chiquitabanana » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:35 pm

Day 4 S day.

I so hear you KCCC i enjoy planning and preparing meals so much more than i used to. I really had lost my joy for cooking due to calories, measuring, points etc. It had become more of a hassel and stress. Now i am getting excited and looking through my old cookbooks to see what i can make for my family next. I love no s. I hope you have a great day. :)