Blueskighs Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Wed May 21, 2008 12:14 pm

Mmmmmm....monster toll house cookies.......*wipes drool off of chin* :D
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

Tink

Post by Tink » Wed May 21, 2008 3:54 pm

Your cookies look so yummy!!! * counts days till Saturday* :)
A creature of habit; the No S habit!!!!

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:13 pm

blueskighs wrote:
WHen I packed up my cookies and put the rest of them in the freezer, it seemed like the most natural thing in the world to do. Like why would you do anything else?
Finish them off? BINGE ON THEM? what a strange idea.... LOL

who is this woman .... toodootoodoootooodoooo (twilight zone music)
Blueskighs

THAT IS JUST SO COOL!!!!

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 22, 2008 2:07 am

Organic Gal

I'll be honest ... they really are ....... mmmmmmmmmmm :D

Tink

I'm counting down the days til Saturday too!

Resting

it is fun watching ourselves go through these changes, HUH?

Day 59

SUCCESS

B: blueberry, ezekiel cereal, yogurt
L: pbj, mixed greens salad with cucumber and EVOO
D: tofu sausage, steamed speas with EVOO ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Morning was great, this afternoon was stressful, but I got through. In those moments I often find myself thinking ...
well if I wasn't doing No S I would be eating ... blahblahblah or drinking ... XXXXX right now, oh well isn't that neat I am not doing that now, how long til dinner???????? What do I need to do next?

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 23, 2008 2:34 am

Day 60

SUCCESS

B:ezekiel cereal, yogurt, blackberries
L:curried egg salad sandwich, carrot sticks
D: Amy's blackeyed pea bowls, cashews

Today was a better day. Things and my schedule are winding down towards the weekend. I did get stuck in the lovely Socal traffic this afternoon. A wreck :(

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 24, 2008 5:25 am

Day 61

SUCCESS

B: ezekiel, bluebs, yogurt
L: leftover egg salad sandwich, carrot sticks
D: homemade toor dal

nice day. it rained here and was cool ... perfect chai tea latte weather ... TOMORROW ... TOMORROW ... TOMORROW ...

skipping down the street in the rain with jazz hands .....

DOES ANYBODY here watch the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson? I record it on DVR ... this guy is hysterical .. ok sometimes his humor is a bit blue, ok sometimes quite a bit of it is blue, and sometimes too much with the stoner jokes ... but I have to say that scottish guy just CRACKS ME UP!!!!!!!

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat May 24, 2008 11:58 am

Morning blue! I no longer watch tv...I don't even have cable, but I have seen him before. Do you remember him on the Drew Carey show?
I agree he is a funny guy! :D
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Sun May 25, 2008 12:04 am

blueskighs wrote:
DOES ANYBODY here watch the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson? I record it on DVR ... this guy is hysterical .. ok sometimes his humor is a bit blue, ok sometimes quite a bit of it is blue, and sometimes too much with the stoner jokes ... but I have to say that scottish guy just CRACKS ME UP!!!!!!!

Blueskighs
Nope, but I love anything Scots. :)

I want to die there.

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun May 25, 2008 5:18 am

Organic Gal,

he talks about being on the Drew Carey show but I never saw that one. Anyway, watching him always puts a :D on my face!

Hey there f, maybe it will happen for you :)

Day 62

SUCCESS

B: one donut, chai tea latte
L: organic raw thai salad
Snack: frozen mini peanut butter cups ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
D: yogurt, bluebs and exekiel

great start for a holiday weekend, looking forward to a couple more days of unwinding,

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue May 27, 2008 5:16 am

Now where was I? :D

Day 63

SUCCESS

B: donut, chai tea latte
L: PBJ
D: crispy fried green beans, ma po tofu, sichaun style asparagus and brown rice
Sweet: Monster Toll House Cookies ....BWAHHHHHHAHHHHHHH

Day 64

SUCCESS

B: donut, 2 chai tea lattes :D
L/D: vegan pizza, arugula salad and godiva chocolate

WHAT A YUMMY WEEKEND!

so Saturday I felt like I did REALLY well, but then Sunday I got a little off kilter. I have been doing the two meals a day on S days and NWS days with my husband.

Problem is this ... now that I have been reducing portions ...i.e. one donut and one chai tea latte WILL NOT hold me until dinner .... so the PBJ sandwich didn't really work well for me with the other stuff I ate ... so talked with husband and we are going to shift some stuff ... mostly make our lunch dinner earlier more like 3 to 4 rather than 6 ish that way if I get hungry later in the evening I can have a third meal, we will start this NEXT weekend.

After my 2nd chai tea latte this morning I was pretty well back on track. It was a DELIGHTFUL and for me MUCH NEEDED three day weekend.

I am actually ready to go back to N Days and WORK tomorrow!

THANK YOU to all of you who serve and all of you who have served!

Sweet Dreams everyone,

Blueskighs

Tink

Post by Tink » Tue May 27, 2008 12:42 pm

Blueskighs, Let me just say Congratulations on your 60 results! Way to go!! :D

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 29, 2008 1:39 am

Tink,

THANK YOU! These days are going by so quickly!

Day 65

SUCCESS

B: Ezekiel cereal, Bluebs and yogurt
L: curry egg salad sandwich, carrot sticks
D: homemade toor dal soup with fresh cilantro

EXHAUSTED!!!! went to bed without even getting on the computer last night.... getting to bed early was good for me though!

Day 66

SUCCESS

B:ezekiel cereal, bluebs, and yogurt
L: pbj, mixed greens salad with cucumber and EVOO
D: Amy's Tofu and Brown Rice Bowl, baked tofu

well I am officially on an N day food rut, but for now it is a food rut I like and is making it real easy to prepare foods that are satisfying that I enjoy while I focus on other things besides spending a lot of time of cooking. SO I will do this for awhile til time for my next food cycle.

Took weekend off from working out, worked out Monday and Tuesday, off today. I am really liking my new training program.
Today was the dentist .... BLEYCH! but all good news!

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:28 pm

Hey Blue,

I liked your dental comment on your blog. Hadn't thought of that NoS benefit!

Resting

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Thu May 29, 2008 3:09 pm

Blue,

Less sugar and more raw foods probably helped your pearly whites as well.

f

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 29, 2008 5:53 pm

Resting ... it is a cool one since I tend to have ROTTEN teeth :D

Kwan, lets face it :D I am getting pretty good doses of sugar every weekend AND the dirty little secret of the raw food movement which I did for four months a few years ago ... TEETH DECAY ...
I actually started thinking about that last night ... when I was flossing :D

RAW FOODERS are big SNACKERS ... hhhhmmmmm.....

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 30, 2008 2:54 am

DAY 67

SUCCESS

B: ezekiel cereal, plain organic yogurt, splash of nama shoyu (that is unpasteurized soy sauce) Lola where are you??????????? It was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L: curried egg salad sandwich, carrot sticks
D:tofu sausage, peas, and cherries

Good Day!

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:37 pm

Hey Blue,

Your comment about being hungry for your next meal really struck me.

Thanks!

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 31, 2008 1:36 am

Resting,

I am glad that you found it helpful. Trying to keep up with my hunger has been the most effective and useful for me.

Day 68

SUCCESS

B: ezekiel cereal, yogurt, splash of nama shoyu
L: Amy's No Chicken Noodle Soup, Peanut butter crackers, mixed greens salad with cucumber and EVOO ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
D: tofu sausage and peas

Food Rut! today tired of pbjs! :D Rethinking my N day meals for next week. Hmmmmm... Amy's No Chicken Noodle soup was actually not as good as I wanted to be ...also realized that for me tofu sausage and peas is a "default meal" for me...

Everyone have a great weekend,

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:59 am

Day 69

SUCCESS

B: chai tea latte, one donut

L/D: vegan nachos ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

well my plan to have three meals on weekends went totally like out the window ... it is like that with my husband, I LOVE THE MAN DEARLY, but when it comes to eating and food he has no sense of discipline or order :D that is why on S days I just don't fight it. It helped that we ate our donuts and tea a bit late and our lunch/dinner a bit early.

WHO KNOWS WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING? the thing about NO S is it allows me to more gracefully shift my eating to coincide with him on the weekends. That is a VERY NICE feature of this program, because we do enjoy going out or cooking at home together.

Otherwise, just a really nice day. I swear my life is just better overall on NO S. Is that REAL or is it just my ROSE COLORED GLASSES?

I don't know ... and tonight I don't much care, things look lovely through ROSE COLORED GLASSES,

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:13 pm

Oh man! Your vegan nachos look scrumptious blue....can I have some....please, can I? can I? :lol:

Here's a cute silly joke for you...

What do you call cheese, that is not yours?

Nacho cheese....lol...get it?

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:46 am

OrganicGal,

I get it, it made me laugh :lol: Thank you!

Day 70

SUCCESS

10 weeks. Wow.

B: donut, chai tea latte

L: Amy's vegetable pocket, mixed green's salad with cucumber and EVOO, cherries

Snack: frozen peanut butter cups

D: Amy's scrambled tofu pocket

several months ago, when we decided we were going to try amy's frozen foods we stocked up on a bunch of items to just taste. The "pockets" I ate were from back then.

UGH! I did NOT like them. The vegetable pocket was almost all bread and the tofu one, while not bad, was particularly bland. TOTALLY unsatisfying ...note to self ...no more Amy's pockets.

I truly hate it when I eat something completely unsatisfying. ANYWAY, I'll get up tomorrow morning and have my breakfast and be fine.

I am no longer hungry so no reason to eat anything else tonight.

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:37 am

blueskighs, have you tried the Amy's spinach & feta pocket? It's yummy!!! Or I guess not cause you're vegan right?

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:01 am

OrganicGal,

I am veg-n :D that means sometimes I am vegan and sometimes vegetarian ..i.e. organic yogurt and free range chicken eggs from local chicks. THAT BEING SAID :D I had a salad today with gorgonzola cheese on it.

I saw your post earlier and was at the store and actually picked one up maybe for dinner tonight? In Italy they had these spinach, cheese filled pastries that just made me CRAZY they were so good and I didn't discover them until the last few days we were there :cry:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you on your store stuff. Glad the expo went well!!!!!!!!!

Day 71

SUCCESS

B: yogurt, ezekiel cereal, blueberries
L: pear and gorgonzola salad from z pizza ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
D: amy's spinach feta pocket?

It turned out to be a good day. Got a lot of stuff I didn't WANT to take care of taken care of. Tomorrw should be good because of that. But had to take a yellow square on my Habit Cal for my "PROJECT" ... I get green if I get my hours in, red if I don't work on it at all, and yellow if I work on it but don't meet the minimum level of time. I can live with that today. It was necessary.

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:29 pm

Well? Did you try the pocket yet? huh? huh? Did ya like it? :lol:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:33 pm

OrganicGal,
oh dear ... noooo :? not yet ... but it is there in my freezer and I WILL try it .. it was weird I was kind of nauseous off and on all day yesterday and my appetite was nil, so I kind of "cheated" and just had a large glass of Monavie for dinner to keep myself on habit.

BUT I WILL TRY IT and I will let you know! And I do appreciate the suggestion,

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:04 am

Day 73

SUCCESS

B: yogurt, ezekiel, blueberries

L: curried egg salad sandwich (recipe on my blog) with carrot sticks ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

D: large glass of Monavie

So why do I keep checking in, even though I have somewhat of a habit? Hmmmmmm... because I know myself pretty well and things can go south really quickly with food ... doing my daily check-in and my blog helps me stay on track and keep in mind all of the benefits I am experiencing on No S. Plus it's just nice to be here with other people who are committed to do the same thing,

Blueskighs

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:00 pm

blueskighs wrote:So why do I keep checking in, even though I have somewhat of a habit? Hmmmmmm... because I know myself pretty well and things can go south really quickly with food ... doing my daily check-in and my blog helps me stay on track and keep in mind all of the benefits I am experiencing on No S. Plus it's just nice to be here with other people who are committed to do the same thing,
I, for one, am glad you keep checking in. :wink: It is nice to know others are committed to doing the same thing. You know, there are lots of people who have joined this forum, but many, many have never posted even once. It makes me wonder... So, please, keep coming!
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:12 pm

I am also very glad you keep posting blue! Even though this is not a diet in the 'traditional' way we look at things nowadays, it is something that requires support as we build and strengthen the new Habits.

And it's also a nice way to 'meet' interesting people from all over. :) I'm glad I have 'met' you blue.

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:06 pm

I've been on a LOT of Internet forums and I have to say, this is without a doubt the nicest and most civilized one EVER with the most interesting and helpful people.

Thanks for yet another something, Reinhard. :)

f

Tink

Post by Tink » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:50 pm

OrganicGal wrote:requires support as we build and strengthen the new Habits.
This place is the BEST!!!Whether you are posting a success or failure, you can be assured you will get plenty of support and encouragement :D
*Group Hug*

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:38 am

Oh my goodness!

JillyBean, OrganicGal, fkwan, and Tink,

thank you so much for your kind posts!

I would miss you guys so much if I stopped showing up here! This is the best group of people and No S has already had such a positive impact on my life in so many ways. Somtimes I read the old threads and I wonder ...
where have they gone??????????
do you get it so good you finally just leave? Or do you just get it so good you start slipping and sliding and fall back into the abyss?

I can't imagine doing something else with my food at this point. You guys just might be stuck with me :D

Day 73

SUCCESS

B: ezekiel cereal, bluebs, yogurt
L: curry egg salad sandwich, the leftovers, and a pile of carrot sticks
D: large glass of Monavie

going to have to keep an eye on that dinner, I am getting pretty lazy!

Blueskighs

rose

Post by rose » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:46 am

blueskighs wrote: Somtimes I read the old threads and I wonder ...
where have they gone??????????
I like to think that NoS becomes a way of life and that, once you have reached your goal weight and maintained it for a while, you just live your life as a "normal" person and don't need support/don't even think about weight or diets or NoS anymore :D
Started NoS Jan 07 at 74.5kg (164 lbs, BMI 26.7)
Stable since Jan 08 at 64kg (141 lbs, BMI 23)
My progress chart

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:56 am

Hey Blue,

Just "checking-in".

I think we all enjoy your food!

I agree with y'all about the kindness of this set of folks. Maybe we have all had such negative experiences with the DIET world that we are relieved to find this island. I, for one, am not planning on returning to the mainland.

And YOU make it a beautiful island-creative food, well plated. What fun!

Thanks, Blue,

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:40 am

Resting,

thank you for "stopping by" :D I think you are onto something about our No S "island". I too am glad it is here!!!!!!!!

Day 74

SUCCESS

B: scrambled eggs and tofu sausage
L: lemongrass "tofu" delite, with brown rice and steamed veggies ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
D: peanut butter and whole wheat crackers

decided I needed something a little bit more substantial than Monavie for dinner tonight :wink:
quite a day... busy from about dawn to dusk!

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:43 am

blue, your kitty is pretty! I have a wonderful tabby cat named Mr. Mo :) He is super affectionate with everyone....but he is definitely my baby.

Once again, your meal pics...look awesome.

Have a great No S day.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:49 am

OrganicGal,

those kitties are SPECIAL CREATURES :D

glad you still like my pics!
and you too ... hope you are having a great No S day :D

Unbelievably Day 75

SUCCESS

B: srambled eggs and tofu sausage

L: I was a hobbit and had a second breakfast :D
ezekiel cereal, bluebs, yogurt

D: arugula salad and baked tofu ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Well it's Friday, S days tomorrow and if you don't think I am looking forward to my chai tea latte tomorrow morning well you are just nuts!
this week has been a real turning point for me. I have really "lost interest?" in food. Relatively. BUt seriously I have noticed a big shift ... hmmmmm.. wonder what will be next on my No S journey!

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:51 am

I like to think that NoS becomes a way of life and that, once you have reached your goal weight and maintained it for a while, you just live your life as a "normal" person and don't need support/don't even think about weight or diets or NoS anymore
oops! Rose missed your post...
that is a very nice thought ... I hope that is where all of those nosers have gone .... :D

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:40 pm

DAY 76 (Saturday)

SUCCESS

B: one donut, chai tea latte, a handful of ranier cherries from farmer's market ... goodness, those were out of this world :D

L/D: Italian dinner out ... see pictures at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Treat: CHOCOLATE!

Good S day,

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:37 pm

YUM!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:36 pm

DAY 77 (Sunday)

SUCCESS

B: TWO donuts (they are usually out of the chocolate icing cake donuts by the time we get there but they had one so I JUST HAD TO HAVE IT WITH MY OTHER ... too sweet too much ... ah well, no more cake donuts for me...)

L: rainer cherries

D: tofu sausage, peas, mixed greens salad with cumumber and EVOO, bites of jalepeno cheese bread

Sweet: CHOCOLATE :D

it was a really nice relaxing weekend, HEY I want another one of those as soon as possible :D

huband will take vacation on July 4 to July 14. We are doing the STAYcation thingy .... not planning to take any NWS days in June, so am planning on taking July 4, July 9 and July 14 as NWS days ... just keeping myself honest ... :D

Blueskighs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:01 pm

Hope you get to enjoy your vacation. Hubby and I took a week off, stayed home and did projects and only had one NWS day, did good the rest of the week, but ate too much junk this past weekend, we need to curb that. Have a blessed day.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:12 am

CatholicCajun,

hopefully we will enjoy it. I am definitely looking forward to it. My husband has been on a really stressful project that for the most part will be done by then. he gets really mellow on vacation and i like that a lot. it has been too long since he took one. i work at home so i just pretty much "vacate" when he does :D

glad your vacation went well, sounds like you did GREAT, only one NWS day!

Day 78

SUCCESS

B: ezekiel cereal, yogurt, blueberries
L: amy's brown rice and tofu bowl, baked tofu
D:pear and gorgonzola salad from z pizza with ranier cherries ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

good monday, hopefully will get to bed early, mostly monday's wipe me out cause they are usually simply the busiest and most intense day of my week,

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:36 am

Day 79

SUCCESS

B: ezekiel, bluebs, and yogurt
L: curried egg salad sandwich and carrot sticks
D:Don't usually do this but that curried egg salad was so delish I had another one, the leftovers for dinner, it was still YUMMY!
will finish off with a "nightcap" Monavie ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

This is shaping up to be a very nice week now that we got MONDAY out of the way :D !

I am sooooooooooooooooooo loooking forward to my husband's vacation! But until then I am trying to stay focussed and get a lot of work on my PROJECT DONE.

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:15 am

Day 80

SUCCESS

B: ezekiel cereal, bluebs, yogurt
L: scrumptious arugula salad, baked tofu and cherries ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
D: homemade dal ... it has been a while but that is what I was really craving tonight. I was out of cilantro but it was still really yummy.

SO I was looking at my post yesterday and realizing that part of what I am looking forward to with my husband's vacation is some NWS days ... I have none scheduled in June and I realize I miss them. THEY ARE FUN :D oh well, I have three to look forward to in June.

And as I reminded my self this morning, only two more days until you can go get your tea and donuts guilt free so get back to work! :D

Blueskighs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:47 pm

Does Monavie work for you? What do you feel are the benefits of this product? I have been hearing alot about it lately from some of my customers and was just wondering what was your input. Thanks. Have a blessed day.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:24 pm

Oooooh! So Monavie is a fruit juice...lol...I thought it was wine! :) I might have to see if I can find that here in Ontario, Canada. Acai is getting very big now for it's good health properties.

And as usual Blue, your pics are great....your plate of cherries and tofu and arugula salad looks awesome...and filling.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Catholic Cajun,

we've been taking Monavie for about three months, since neither my husband or I have any outstanding health issues we have no dramatic "miracles" to report.

The things I can say are:

1. improved energy
2. improved mood
3. my eyesight seems to be improving .... I only wear glasses to drive and watch TV and noticed just this week that when I sat in front of tv without glasses I couls see allright now ..kind of weird... I have lots of macular degeneration in my family and fruits are supposed to be protective
4. recovery after workouts - being able to push harder in workouts
5. improved skin

the acai is supposed to sweep out the free radicals which is what ages us. Monavie is supposed to have best formula for freeze drying the berries and they mix it with eighteen other fruits which gives benefit of variety AND makes the juice taste good without adding a bunch of sugar. Acai berries are supposedly very bitter.

I really like it... IT TASTES GOOD.

OrganicGal,

oooh never thought of that ...sounds kind of like a wine huh? thank you for the kind words about my blog!

Blueskighs

Tink

Post by Tink » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:52 pm

OrganicGal wrote:Oooooh! .I thought it was wine! :)
I thought it was wine also ! :lol: I would love to eat at your house blue :D

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:14 am

I would love to eat at your house blue
Tink
well I would love to have you! but beleive me it wasn't always like this at my house... it has taken me all ten years of being married to become a pretty good cook ... but now I look back at all the crazy things we tried with food and all the different recipes, blah, blah, have learned a lot and am now for most part able to feed myself . Something I was not able to do twenty years ago when I graduated from college!

Sounds like You are Doing good, glad all those rings and things are fitting ... :wink:

Day 81

SUCCESS

B:yogurt, bluebs, ezekiel ... finished off the blueberries this morning and am thinking, hmmmmmm... done with this for awhile
L:curried egg salad sandwich with carrot sticks
D: another "intelligent dietary default" for me ... tofu sausage and peas ... see picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Another good day.... but I tell you what, I am so glad that tomorrow is FRIDAY ! YAY!

Blueskighs

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:54 am

You eat such healthy and great looking food, you are my hero! :D

I really need to expand my food horizons, my entire life has been full of fried chicken, mac & cheese, fried potatoes and all sorts of other fatty, greasy stuff. I love salads, need to experiment more with different toppings. What are your favorite salads?
Susieokla

No S Diet Start Weight 10/6/08: 165 lbs

Current weight as of 10/14/08: 160 lbs

Goal Weight: 135-140 lbs

Karma rex

Post by Karma rex » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:25 am

Blueskighs, your eating is inspirational and thanks for posting and keeping eveyone encouraged on the forum! Rex

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:59 pm

Susieokla,

my favorite salad is a base of mixedgreens: romaine, red leaf, butter, red butter ... whatever looks pretty at the market. Then I like to put in a bitter green ... arugula, sorrel (not necessarily bitter but has a bite), lambsquarter when I can get it ... I learned this in italy watching at one of the "snack" shops there ... I take a small all clad mixing bowl, throw the greens in and put in a teaspoon of good unfiltered extra virgin olive oil and some celtic sea salt .. I mix that up with my fingers to make sure most of the leaves have a light sheen ,

this actually tastes good with nothing else

but I like to add:

cucumber for very simple,

avocado and green olives, a raw food recipe from David Wolfe

shredded carrots, tomatoes, black olives, from Italy

shredded carrots tomatoes, black olives, baked tofu and avocado, for the full meal deal

another variation that I have not eaten in a while is shredded carrot, shredded beet, black olives, baked tofu, and avocado

How is that for a long answer to your question :D Do you have a farmer's market near you? It is worth at least going and checking out the greens. They are usually more tender and less bitter at the farmer's market. It can actually make a big difference in whether the salad actually tastes like something!

Also, steaming veggies carrots broccoli and red onion is one of my favorites in Ziploc or Glad steam bags ...with again olive oil, salt and pepper. I also do green beans and peas in the steam bags ... or add cauliflour!

I love to eat :D

Susieokla, thank you for your kind words.
And Karma Rex you too :oops:

it makes me feel shy, but thank you,

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:41 am

Day 82

SUCCESS

B: homemade curry dal ... ch-ch-ch-changes :D ... did you catch that? I am FINALLY tired of my bluebs, ezekiel and yogurt ... NEVER thought it would happen! the soup was a delicious breakfast and great way to start the day ... see picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

L:the last of the leftovers of curried egg salad sandwich ... it is possible that I am done with this one for awhile too, but we shall see on Monday :D

D: arugula salad from Z pizza, apparently Z pizza salads are my new favorite salad SUSIEOKLA :D with baked tofu and bing cherries...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... what a good food day and good day for other things as well.

I will not lie. I CANNOT wait to walk over to our donut shop and Starbucks in the morning and ENJOY my GUILT-FREE treat! Last week I tried a glazed twist on Sunday with my chocolate cake donut ... OH MY GOSH! That glazed twist was simply out of this world! That is what I am going to get tomorrow morning. :D

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:42 am

I like your blog on Intelligent Dietary Default blue. I think perhaps most of us are doing that automatically without thinking about it. I know I eat the same thing for breakfast at least 5 days a week...mostly the same few things for lunch and then dinner is where I have the most variety.
Then the times come when I am bored with everything...this happens almost exclusively with dinner actually....and I want something really different. Luckily my b-friend likes to try new things and different restaurants too. :)

Oh ya, enjoy your breakfast treats tomorrow!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:28 am

OrganicGal, thanks, yeah that "intelligent dietary defaults" that is Reinhard's lingo, but you are right ... a lot of us are doing them daily :D automatically!!!

Day 83
Saturday

SUCCESS

B: 2 pump chai tea latte,w/soymilk extra hot :D (that is starbucks speak) one glazed twist

so about starbucks, does anyone else go? it is funny to get down the "talk" to appropriately order your drink. as anyone who has read my check-ins knows I love my chai tea lattes, but as time goes on my palatte changes and I have less tolerance NOT NO tolerance :D for sweetness, so I was trying to figure out how to reduce the sweetness of my tea, so I talked with the barista and they normally put 4 pumps of syrup in the grande so yesterday I had it with 2. It was good but I think I am going to try it next time with 3.

L/D: this turned out to be an event. so from the gym I ordered our Z10 vegan pizza, when I got to the place to pick it up our Z10 pizza miraculously morphed into a Z18. I don't think I have ever seen such a huge pizza in my entire life :D it was an accident so they only charged for a Z10 ...walking to the car my husband saw me and was like - is she nuts? it was just us two for dinner and I swear the box was bigger than me :D ... will put up photo at my blog .... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

we ate about half it with our pear and gorgonzola salad and fresh out of the oven monster toll house cookies

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:35 am

Day 84

Sunday
SUCCESS

B: today I tried a "3 pump melon syrup Green tea latte w/soymilk extra hot" (getting so adventurous!) and one chocolate iced twist.

It was father's day. I tend to get stressed on father's day. I sat there with my husband and was like I AM STRESSED ... I want to emotionally EAT ... so I made, what I thougth was a super negotiation with myself and got a
"tall 2 pump chai tea latte, w/soymilk, extra hot" it was not much addition physically but it topped me out emotionally and let's face it, TODAY that is what I needed ...

does anyone watch Boston Legal?
My husband had to listen to me "jibber jabber" off all of my emotional steam as we sat at Starbucks this morning, WHAT A SWEETHEART!!!!!!

L/D :we ate the second half of our pizza for giants :) ... will put up picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com ... and finished off the pound plus bittersweet chocolate almond bar from Trader Joes ... truth be told probably won't get another because, well, honestly, Godiva is more satisfying.

But I am very glad because I made two new, very helpful starbucks discoveries this weekend, the green tea latte and the pump thing,

isn't modern life grand!
Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:51 am

See blue, you learn something new every day. I knew nothing about pumps and intensity of sweetness and flavour because I don't drink coffee or laites....but now that you have shared this info...I have learned something new....I love learning. :)

And as usual your blog is fun, informative and great pics.
Have a great N day. I know Mondays are busy for you, but enjoy as much as possible.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:04 am

Hey OrganicGal,

it is a funny strange world out there! and it must have been your good wishes (and I thought it was my breakfast :D ) because I turned out to have a fabulous Monday. THANK YOU!

DAY 85

SUCCESS

B: Amy's Tofu and Brown Rice Bowl, three plums ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
L:Z pizza arugula salad, raneir cherries, baked tofu
D:homemade curry dal

FABULOUS Monday!

Blueskighs

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:17 am

blueskighs wrote:FABULOUS Monday!
I second that! Hooray for us!! :D
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:37 pm

Glad to be of any help that I can blue! And if my good wishes made such a difference then.....have some more :wink:

irish

Post by irish » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:39 pm

blue, how do you make your curried egg salad? Do you just add a little curry powder to regular egg salad made with mustard & mayo? Thanks.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:24 am

Hey ladies,

it is so nice to have your support and encouragment!
THANK YOU!

Irish,
the curried egg salad is 4 hard boiled eggs, 2 Tbsp mayo, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp curry powder. I put in romaine lettuce leaves and red onion slices and serve on a toasted sprouted wheat bread. It is yummy!

Day 86

SUCCESS

B: Amy's Blackeyed Pea Bowl with Peach
L: homemade curry dal with 2 mini homemade corn muffins
D: Z pizza pear and gorgonzola salad, baked tofu and raneir cherries

another blissful day on NO S diet. :D

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:22 pm

DAY 87

SUCCESS

B: Amy's tofu and brown rice bowl with three plums
L: Z pizza arugula salad, which actually turned out to be a spinach salad ... I guess they were out of arugula, funny, baked tofu and raneir cherries
D: homemade curry dal soup ... will put photo on blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

It may be a coincidence but both days that I had tofu and brown rice bowls for breakfast I had incredibly productive days,

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:18 am

Hey Blue,

What do you think about the whole soy debate. I'm so confused about it.

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:36 am

Resting,

Mostly I just ignore it. I have read stuff on and off through the years. Has it flared up recently or something? I love soy and it is my primary source of protien although I eat quite a few legumes and now eggs and yogurt.

I feel good when I eat tofu so I rely on that and I just don't worry about it. :D Do you have any personal concerns about soy?

Good to hear from you!

DAY 88

SUCCESS

B: scrambled eggs and tofu sausage ... will put up exciting photo at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
L:Z pizza pear and gorgonzola salad, bing cherries, baked tofu
D: amy's blackeyed pea bowl, peach

Blueskighs

Writer110

Post by Writer110 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:42 am

Hi Blue!

Just checking in to say you're doing great & are such an inspiration! :D

Moxie

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:20 pm

Moxie,

THANK YOU!

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:13 am

DAY 89

SUCCESS

B: amy's brown rice and tofu bowl, plums
L: Z pizza arugula salad, baked tofu and bing cherries ... picture will be up at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
D: intelligent dietery default :D tofu sausage and steamed green peas with EVOO

yep, uh-huh, oh yeah I am looking forward to the weekend!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:53 pm

Hey Blue,

Still always enjoy checking out your beautiful foods on your blog.

With the soy thing, one of the most authoritative book I've read about food is Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy written by a Harvard MD/nutritionist. He is talks about using different soy amounts at different times of life. Such as, soy earlier may protect against breast cancer, but post-menopausal may contribute to it because of its estrogenic effect. And there is a big study about more alzheimers type effects in older women that use a lot of soy. Since I'm on the back side of menopause, and taking compounded hormones, I'm a little chicken to add too many other hormones-like those in the soy, to the mix. This doc is not a NO soy person, he is just a "use soy with wisdom" guy.

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:41 pm

Resting,

all those studies are interesting. it is often confusing as to how the studies are actually done, since there is indication that animal products are indicated in alzheimers.

In the China Study by T. Colin Campbell, from the data he relies on, he draws the conclusion that "Animal-based foods lack antioxidant shields and tend to activate free radical production and cell damage, while plant-based foods, with their abundant antioxidants tend to prevent such damage."

also "cognitive impairment often lead[s] to more serios dementia, [which] is also associated cardiovascular disease, stroke and adult-onset type 2 diabetes. All of these diseases cluster in the same populations, oftentimes in the same people" he discusses each of these different disease types in the book and how they relate to the consumption of animal products.

and finally "this conclusion advocates plant-based foods and condemns animal-based foods for optimal brain function."

the China Study is the first "institutionalized" study that promotes a vegan diet. He shows how animal protien, particularly casien FEEDS cancer if it has been "turned" on in your body.

another interesting point that he makes is that people and their muscles do grow faster and larger on animal protien, i.e. but it is not a good kind of grow faster, i.e. it is kind of like a burn you out faster kind of grow faster.

He also writes about the significant institutionalized resistance he has found to the results of his research. He is, as far is I know, the only one, "in the system" i.e. he graduated from Cornell, and did research at MIT who has produced such a comprehensive work on animal products and how they damage our health.

He actually began his research with the intent to prove that animal protien was the best. all very interesting stuff.

So I don't know. I do know they have tons of research that says coffee is good for you but I know it is not good for me so I think we just have to be open minded and figure out what works best for us!

I am glad you are hanging in there with 'CONTINUED SUCCESS"

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:55 pm

Day 90 (Saturday)

SUCCESS

B: chai tea latte (3 pump :D ) and glazed twist
L/D: lemon grass tofu delite with brown rice and side of steamed broccoli and bok choy at www.sipz.com
TREAT: Popcorn with Junior Mints ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com with ninety day results ...

very pleased with progress,

Blueskighs
Last edited by blueskighs on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:06 pm

OMG blue! AWESOME results on your 90 days...your body fat reduction & your weight loss...all while enjoying lattes and glazed twists! :D

That's great and a real inspiration for me.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:35 am

OrganicGal,

I know! who knew you could do all that and still have treats, I was telling my husband this weekend before No S its like I was either not eating sugar or face down in a cake.

It's like No S has given me some functional guidelines to what an "appropriate" amount of sweets/treats might actually be! So I can actually yes, have some, enjoy them, and yes do all that other stuff ..

kind of SNAPPY! :D

DAY 92

SUCCESS

B: Amy's Tofu and Brown Rice BOwl with plums ... very weird, did not DO IT for me this morning although, I DID again have a great Monday, will probably not be repeating this for breakfast for a while :D

L: Z Pizza arugula salad, baked tofu and bing cherries ... maybe also a little done here ...

D: 1 1/2 peanut butter and jelly sandwich ... now THAT hit the spot :D

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:51 am

Hey Blue,

Thanks for taking all that time and sharing that China Study. Definitely food for thought. I know that personally, I feel better when I'm eating more fruits and veggies.

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:25 pm

I know that personally, I feel better when I'm eating more fruits and veggies.
Resting,

me too!
and as I continue on my personal food odyssey I find more and more for me that VEGGIES are really key, I can go days without fruit but days wihtout veggies don't settle too well!

I am glad you are doing so good!

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:54 am

Skipped Day 91

SUCCESS

I know ... nobody really cares :D but hey since that is my photo on my blog today ....

B: green tea latte and chocolate twist

L/D: Soy bologna and soy cheese sandwich, with chips, carrot sticks and dill pickle ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Treat: Monster Toll House Cookies

FAST FORWARD TO DAY 93
SUCCESS

my official THREE MONTHS on NO S as I started March 24 .. yeah yeah yeah

ok

B: scrambled eggs and tofu sausage
L: amy's blackeyed pea bowl and peaches
D: Z pizza pear and gorgonzola salad, baked tofu, and bing cherries,

another good day,

Blueskighs

gingercake

Post by gingercake » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:59 am

I have your blog in my RSS feed, and I was reading your entry from this evening and thinking, yeah, it is kind of boring. There is a noticeable hole in my life where previously I was expending lots of time and energy on obsessing about food, what I could eat, what I couldn't, counting/measuring/weighing, planning binges, etc. etc. you know how it is. So it's a positive hole and a good boringness, but when you've been in the habit of having all this drama and energy around food it's just...different.

all as one
Location: wishing I was on the beach with my husband, Florida

just stopped in to say GOOD JOB BLUESKIGHS!

Post by all as one » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:23 pm

:lol: Was having a off the wagon mentally couple of weeks and this a.m. I read your daily and checked your blog and feel good again! You are doing a great job girlie!

Hey, do you have a recipe for broccoli salad? I had some yesterday at this awesome salad bar I found and wondered if you ever had some? It had a little cream to it and some raisins and was crunchy and salty sweet yum!

Thanks for the post about alzheimers and diet. My dad who you know has this aweful disease and I am certain diet had all to do with it. He ate meat like every day (ew) atleast 3x's a day had a heart attack (2) changed his diet somewhat, got the late in life diabetes type 2, became anemic, broke his hip, had some dementia going into his hip replacement sugery and came out with more dementia. And it's funny when people are anemic doctors say give them red rare cuts of beef, organ meat (I'm sick mentioning it) and it should help his iron. They did mention dark leafy veggies and broccoli too, but it's sickening that he was able to be anemic with all that cow! I know it's how the body absorbs and what else is going on, but I really believe doctors are wrong sometimes. So if soy makes you feel good eat it just like any thing else moderation. By the way how does soy bologna taste?

Take care my friend. Cara aka all as one 8)
all I can be is me, nothing more, nothing less.

all as one
Location: wishing I was on the beach with my husband, Florida

egg salad!

Post by all as one » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:24 pm

PS: try adding some ginger powder to your curried egg salad for a kick! :wink:
all I can be is me, nothing more, nothing less.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:10 pm

Gingercake,

yeah ... different :D hopefully we will get used to it and it will become our new "normal", and thank you for reading the blog, it is a lonely little blog if no one reads it :)

all in one,

unfortuantely i do not have that kind of recipe for broccoli salad :cry: although I think I know the kind you are talking about and it is good, with broccoli at home i usually put it in a microwave steam bag with carrots and red onions, follow directions on bag and then put in about a tsp of olive and toss with a little salt and pepper. Not quite as exciting as the salad but pretty good.

yeah I was thinking about the reports of linking alzheimers and soy and I was like ... hmmmmmmm.. then how did all those people who don't even know what tofu is get alzheimers? :D ah well, there is still so much we don't know for sure

Soy bologna is one of those things that I like but might not be for everyone. I am not sure how it compares to real thing because I have not eaten real thing in so long. I like the sandwich and every now and then get a hankering for it.

Thanks for the tip about the ginger in the curry egg salad ... I LOVE GINGER!!!!!!!!

I take EVERYTHING my doctor says with a grain of salt. I usually go only once every two years, it works for me now, I will go back this year in October.

Thank you too for reading my blog :)

have a good day!

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:00 am

DAY 94

SUCCESS

B: homemade dal with homemade corn muffin
L: steamed veggie plate ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
D: tofu sausage and peas with plums

GOOD DAY!

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:31 am

Your steamed veggie plate looks scrumptious! :) Can I have some?

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:57 am

Hey Blue,

What a treat! I think I'll go pick some veggies and steam them!

Did you know you can just stick an ear of corn in the microwave, shuck and all, for about 3 minutes, and it is perfect. The silks and shuck almost fall off.

Resting-who is determined to eat more veggies and pay more attention to what she puts in her mouth

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:24 pm

OrganicGal,

I would love to share with you! I actually bought tons guess I thought I was going to feed an army this week or something.

Oh well, it's a repeater ... so guess what I'll be having today for lunch?

Resting,

no I did not know you could put the whole cob in the microwave like that. Good to know, especially now with corn in season. BTW your VEGGIE quiche sounded lovely!

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:50 am

Day 95

SUCCESS

B: peanut butter crackers ..heheehhehe
L: steamed veggie plate with mini corn muffin
D: amy's blackeyed pea bowl with peaches ... photo at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

tomorrow darlings, I'm going to get coifed :wink: it's Friday and since I am down town will probably treat myself to something fun out for lunch, we shall see, tata

another lovely day,
oh dear who have I become? :D

Blueskighs

telltalemikey

Post by telltalemikey » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:09 am

ello! i just wanted to say i really like reading your blog. it always gives me ideas and motivation to do this. keep sharing. ttyl
AMOR VINCIT OMNIA....LOVE CONQUERS ALL
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨
(¸.•´ (¸.•´MIKEY

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:41 pm

I too am glad No S has NWS days. I took 2 this month and was very glad. I don't remember if I took any before my 'new start', but now I will make sure I use them....carefully. :)

Make sure you post a pic on your blog of your new 'do'....if you are comfortable with that blue.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:45 pm

telltalemikey,

thank you for letting me know you like my blog, i feel passionate about NO S and would like to support anyone who wants to do it. Sounds like you are getting in the swing of things!

OrganicGal,

it is so funny I was like NWS days ... not for me :D but boy I really understand their "power and beauty" now in making this a sustainable lifestyle,
probably not putting pics up of me on the web :D remember its all TOP SECRET and I want to remain anonymous ... LOL

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:51 pm

LOL...I don't blame you blue! TOP SECRET!!!! I'll remember... 8)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:48 am

Day 96

SUCCESS

B: 8 oz Monavie - rushing out the door, it was about all I had time for
L: Rancho's steamed veggie plate with steamed veggies, black beans, brown rice, avocado, corn tortillas, and fresh salsa, YUMMMMMMMM a few corn chips, tried to take photo but apparently flash bulb was on the blink ...

D: steamed veggie plate ... photo at blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Really good day,

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:08 pm

I like that too about No S, being able to eat pretty much what you want on N or S days....just no sweets etc. on those N days. A wonderful way to live life. :)

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:12 pm

Hey Blue and OG,

Talk about anonymous, I just finally told dh about NoS last night!

Resting :lol:

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:23 pm

resting52 wrote:Hey Blue and OG,

Talk about anonymous, I just finally told dh about NoS last night!

Resting :lol:
How did he react?

Hope you all have a blessed day.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:07 pm

Resting,

I have to hand to you - that IS anonymous :D and you have been doing so well, doesn't that kind of show how inobtrusive NO S can be?

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:20 am

Day 97

SUCCESS

B: donut, chai tea
L: garden salad, big wave vegetarian burger ... see picture at blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Treat: popcorn and junior mints, really could not believe did not satisfy ... i.e. not near as enjoyable as last weekend STRANGE popped some frozen peanut butter cups

Day 98

SUCCESS

B:donut, chai tea, frozen peanut butter cups :D
L: homemade spinach curry with brown rice, chocolate chip cookies ...see picture at blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
D:egg salad sandwich, roasted garlic chips, #2 chai

took reds on my oxycise and PROJECT habit call today, I am dog tired which is why I suspect I ate more than usual today, I AM SO GLAD my husband's vacation starts Thursday afternoon, we both really need one. I have been working so hard on my PROJECT and making amazing progress but heck I am worn out!

so July4, 9, and 14 will be NWS days,

I realize when I made my egg salad sandwich that SWEETS are losing their appeal ... it has taken 14 weeks to get to this point, since I have TWO three day weekends coming up with an NWS wednesday in between I am going to experiment with my S days the next few weeks,

Blueskighs

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:46 am

blueskighs wrote:
I realize when I made my egg salad sandwich that SWEETS are losing their appeal ...

Blueskighs
I'm noticing that too. In the afternoon on Sunday, I wanted nuts and dried fruit for my snack, not sweets.

Of course, that may be because I'd already had Ben and Jerry's for dessert at lunch. :oops: But really, I would have eaten sweets ALL DAY before, and not been "done" after one serving.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:37 pm

I have a question for you blue, does the oxycise program work for you? I have the videos, the entire set and before I "convince" hubby to do them with me I was wondering your success rate with it. Thanks for your time. God Bless.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:34 pm

Geez blue...I am coming to have lunch and dinner with you!!! :D Your pics always look so yummy.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:19 pm

Agree with the sweets thing. It is almost like they taste TOO sugary or something.

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:34 am

Hi blue! Congrats on your 90 day results, those are some pretty impressive numbers! Gotta love this *diet*:wink:
blueskighs wrote: I realize when I made my egg salad sandwich that SWEETS are losing their appeal ...
I also have been noticing just how sweet desserts i used to eat are; also they don't even appeal to me anymore :o You have to live it to believe it! :wink: