Blueskighs Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:19 am

blueskighs wrote:Coming up on my 6 month anniversary of No S this month. It will be interesting to see what happens after that, because I have not ever been able to sustain any eating plan/diet/self-control :D over my eating for more than six months.

It will be interesting if the right balance of discipline and freedom, which the NO S Diet is for me, will truly help me create something more sustainable,

I hope so!

Blueskighs
I hope so too Blueskighs, and I am sure you will stick with it!
Don't worry about what happened before. I'd say most diets are so crappy that it would be surprising to even maintain them for six weeks let alone six months..

NoS, of all things, is truly built for maintainability. That's probably it's biggest strength and the part that appeals to people right at the get go.. The feeling of "I can live with a plan like this".
Have a nice evening.
Peace and Love,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:09 am

Debs,

thank you for your lovely reply! I think that for sure one thing No S HAS DONE is that it has absolutely ruined me for diets. And I think that is a VERY GOOD THING!

Debs, so glad you are here!

Day 164 9/4

B: mixed grains plus scrambled eggs
L:organic free range turkey chili, swiss chard, figs photo at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
D:monavie "pudding"

let's see a really good, productive day. I cherish those "good and productive"days now even as they steadily increase in number.

Also, just a bit of housekeeping to follow up on a post I made on another Daily Check-in Thread ..

PLEASE DO NOT POST CALORIE COUNTS ON MY THREADS

I understand that many of us come with more diet mentality than others and letting go of counting calories is very difficult if not impossible, but for the rest of us, we are getting good at figuring out how much food we need and/or don't need by eyeballing our plates, keeping our N days clean, and just letting it all sink in.

For me calorie counting is AS MUCH OF MY BINGE EATING DISORDER AS BINGING ... I can hide my head in a calorie book as much is I can hide my head in a cake,

SO please respect those of us that desire to move to a greater freedom! and just respectfully, COUNT YOUR OWN CALORIES! :D

IMHO the NO S Diet is NOT ABOUT COUNTING CALORIES and if you want to count calores that is great for you, but it is not the NO S Diet ... it is a calorie counting diet,
Thank you,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:02 pm

Day 165 9/4

SUCCESS

b: mixed grains and scrambled eggs
l: organic free range turkey bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich with carrot sticks and figs ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
d: rajma curry with brown rice and fresh cilantro, mixed green salad with tomato, kalamata olives and evoo

TGIF

my husbands two week staycation starts tonight! YAY! I am planning oodles (3) NWS days as we both have our birthdays and just one what the heck day!!!!!!

loving my two little kitties. They are so precious and fun. Lola's remains have come in :( we had her cremated, and I am going to pick them up and try to come up with a ceremony or something, to sprinkle them probably in our back yard but maybe the front? cause that's where she really loved to go. I am pretty sure my neighbors already think I'm nuts.

Anyway we just got a new roof and I am sooooooooooooo appreciative of the peace and quiet! Hopefully we will have a lovely staycation!

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:15 pm

Day 166

SUCCESS

L: Kale Salad, Figs
D: Can't remember?

Day 167
SUCCESS

Watermelon
Chai Tea Latte with Soymilk
Dark Chocolate
Iced Green Tea Plain
Swordfish, salad, veggies
Yogurt with honey, walnuts and blueberries
Dark Chocolate

Day 168
Success
Caramel Macciato with soymilk
Exekiel Cinnamon Raisin Toast with Earth Balance
Kale Salad
Yogurt with honey, blueberries and walnuts

Day 169 NWS DAY - A BIRTHDAY

Success

Caramel Macchiato with Soymilk
1/2 portion MV Pudding
Homemade Blueberry Pie
Seafood and veggies

THings are going really well, coming up on my six month anniversary I am loving the No S Diet even more...is that even possible? more and more I choose my foods based on the inner motivation of what I want and not any external factores .. i.e. is it fattening? does it have too many calories?fat?carbs?sugar?

I have to really jump on Reinhard's bandwagon and say that commit to keeping those N days green and the S days really do take care of themselves!!!!!!!!!!

Blueskighs

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:11 am

blueskighs,
I only get to your blog very occasionally - I was so sad to read about Lola. That must have been terrible for you and your husband. But I was also delighted to read about the two new little kitties you have now. Aren't they just gorgeous! I'm sure they will be much loved little creatures in your home. Have fun with them.
funfuture
xx

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:33 pm

funfuture,

thank you for your kind words about Lola. It was all very intense and sad. She seemed to be getting better and then over a four or five day period she just started to go.

The new kitties are precious. And very different from Lola :D They are brothers but they have COMPLETELY different personalities. They are so fun to watch and play with and get to know!

Day 170

B: Mixed Grains with Scrambled Eggs
L: Ground Turkey Burger with mustard, steamed green beans with EVOO, and romaine salad with EVOO
D: MV Pudding

I took a big risk and had coffee this past weekend. I LOVED it. I have not had it in over 4 years because I couldn't control it in the past. I couldn't beleive how much I loved it! But I think with No S I can "handle" it. We shall see. The other thing is that I have noticed since I have started eating my whole grain mix regularly on N days I have stopped getting any headaches, I am hoping that being able to keep my coffee to S days and eating my whole grains will allow me to enjoy my caramel macchiatos and soy lattes in the long run ....

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:00 pm

Day 171

SUCCESS

b: mixed grains plus scrambled eggs
l: kale salad, cottage cheese and pineapple ( can't beleive I went for this when I saw it saturday at trader joes, i mix the cottage cheese with fresh pineapple, cinnamon, and vanilla - surprised at how much I enjoyed it!)
d:homemade dal (have not made this in a looooooong time, it was so delicious last night!)

totally good food day, husband is on staycation and makes me feel uber lazy and wanting to "relax" with my food, but seems like seventeen NWS days in a row just MIGHT be too many :wink:

ah well two more left before the whole thing wraps up, I am just trying to balance being relaxed and not completley losing it :D my little kitties seem to help! they are fun to play with. Yesterday we let them come upstairs for the first time. It was a whole new world for them. They slept on us and around us last night. The little one mewed in the middle of night. He needed help finding his litter box. I thought it was so cute!

Blueskighs

laguna

How Cute

Post by laguna » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:45 am

HI Blue,
I just checked your blog and saw your new babies. They are adorable!! I know you will have lots of fun and much love with your new kittens. We have always thought that male kitties were more affectionate and people oriented than the females -- at least that has been our experience and is the case with Chip and Pancho. Piper is more standoffish. I can see why you could not resist taking them home!
laguna
ilovekitties

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:21 pm

Hey Blue,

Sounds like you are doing so well. Thanks for being such an encouragement/positive example!

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:25 pm

We have always thought that male kitties were more affectionate and people oriented than the females -- at least that has been our experience and is the case with Chip and Pancho. Piper is more standoffish
Laguna,
that is interesting what you said. I have never heard that before and was almost hesitant to get the two BECAUSE they were boys and because I bonded so well with Lola. Now that they are in our home though ... I am finding they are terrfically sweet and loved to be petted, held and get their attention. They are also terrfically rambunctious which makes me seriously smile.

Resting,

thank you and it is good to see you checking in and doing well.

Day 172

SUCCESS

B: mixed grains and scrambled eggs
L:pinto beans, romaine salad with Evoo, mixed grains and sauteed swiss chard with Evoo and Balsalmic vinagrette
D:watermelon

keeping an eye on IKE lots of family in Texas all along the storms path, some have evacuated and some have not, hoping they are all ok.

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:41 pm

Day 173

SUCCESS

L:Organic Free Range Turkey Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato Sandwich on Ezekiel Bread, with Carrots Sticks and Cottage Cheese and Pineapple
Cafe Misto
D: watermelon

Decided to take a big risk for me and try coffee on No S. I quit drinking it over 4 years ago because it became a VERY BAD HABIT for me :D

Last weekend I had a Caramel Macchiato on Sunday and Monday (NWS day) and LOVED it .... :D

I researched sugar content for drinks and discovered I could have Cafe Misto on N days since the tall has 8 grams of sugar which is comfortably in limit with 2 tsp of sugar for 12 ounce drink. I KIND OF LOVED IT :D

Since my hubby is on staycation this coming week too I am going to experiment with having a cafe misto on N days and keep my caramel macchiatos (god in a cup :D ) for S and NWS days.

I am glad I waited over 5 months on NO S to build my habits to mess with this. The HABITS that I have built over this time are helping me TREMENDOUSLY to enjoy my coffee and drink it responsibily ... like an adult ...not one venti after another!

We shall see how it goes ... I realize that I am "playing" with this as my six month anniversary - usual crash and burn date looms ... :D

otherwise life is nice and all our family in Texas are safe after hurricane ike,

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:50 pm

Day 174

SUCCESS

Ezekial Cinnamon Raisin Toast with Earth Balance
Caramel Macchiato
MV Pudding
Dinner was at Il Fornaio, an authentic Italian restaurant we love to go to! www.ilfornaio.com

I shared with my husband:

Insalate di Bietole (Organic red and gold beets with red wine vinegar, wild arugula, toasted walnuts, asagio cheese and lemon-olive oil dressing) Sopa Radicchio (Radiccio Soup with Porcini Mushrooms), Sardee in Saor uso Trevisano(Fresh Sardines fried and marinated with sweet and sour onions and tomato sauce) Branzino al Sale (Mediteranean Sea Bass baked under a salt crust with sauteed vegetables)

It was YUMMY! A real treat!

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:46 pm

Day 175 9/14

SUCCESS

Ezekiel Raisin toast with Earth Balance
Caramel Macchiato
Homemade Dal with Cilantro, Steamed Broccoli,Carrots and Red Onion with EVOO
Watermelon
Dark Chocolate

Day 176 9/15

SUCCESS

B: mixed grains with scrambled eggs, cafe misto (coffee with soymilk)
L: Organic Free Range Turkey BLT, Carrot sticks, cafe misto :D
D: Cottage cheese with cinnamon and vanilla and fresh pineapple chunks.

I am rapidly approaching my six month anniversary ... I am starting to feel like I won't crash and burn on the NO S Diet ... we shall see, my husband is still on staycation this week and our schedules are very fluid. Having No S Diet helps keep a small and necessary amount of structure.

Today I am 46 and my body fat is 21%. EXCELLENT. I have acheived this on No S Diet. My goal is 20% by November. I am SO THRILLED to have stumbled across Reinhard's fabulous creation of the NO S Diet. I feel like at 46 I FINALLY on the road to putting all this BED (binge eating disorder) behind me. After stuggling with all this for much more than 20 years, it is really such a very good feeling and I am so grateful!

Blueskighs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:34 pm

Hi Blueskighs :)
Am I correct in believing it is your Birthday today???
If so a big Happy Birthday to you! :wink:
Peace and Love,
8) Debs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:36 pm

Debs,

THANK YOU! yes, yesterday was my 46th birthday and it was a good one! Got to go out to the beach and ride the waves on a boogie board. Something I have been wanting to do forever and finallly did yesterday.

OH MY GOSH it was SO MUCH FUN and truthfully just made me feel so young. I felt like a teenager out there wrestling with the surf :D and i got a few REALLY good rides! Will definitely do that again!

The weather was gorgeous and the beach was NOT CROWDED and absolutely beautiful. We rented our boards and had a BLAST! the only thing was the water was FREEZING ... after a few minutes i think you just go numb but it is hard getting back in once you get out.

WHAT A BLAST!

if I had not been on NO S I probably would have been EATING CAKE and LOTS OF IT on for my birthday treat ... it felt good to be RIDING THE WAVES ... not that there is ANYTHING AT ALL WRONG WITH CAKE ... but I have gone through somewhat of a transition,

the first 4 months of No S I was like a kid in a candy store and I LOVED IT ... about the 5th month I noticed I was doing more overeating and realized it was because I was getting tired of "candy" in the 5th month I started allowing myself other kinds of S day treats and finally a couple of weeks allowed myself coffee.

My sweet consumption has fallen dramatically along with my drop in DESIRE for sweets. BUT NO S is different, I am not swearing off sweets, with NO S I will not ever have to, but I think they are finally finding their appropriate place in my life.

I think it was really important for me to give myself a very long leash with sweets on my S days my first few months. I think it helped "heal" the feelings of resentment and deprivation that Reinhard so eloquently talks about that fuel binges.

I could go on and on, but I will stop myself. Suffice it to say I am happy happy happy with the No S Diet.

Day 177 - 9/16

SUCCESS - NWS - BIRTHDAY

Cinnamon Rasing Ezekiel Toast with Earth Balance, this is a "treaty" thing that I have added for S day breakfasts ... could actually eat on N days but I want to keep with my mixed grains on N days

Caramel Macchiato YUM

Beach, sun, water, waves, fun, bright colored umbrellas, sand, children laughing ....

Caramel Macchato - COULDN'T pass up the one on the beach :D besides it WAS my birthday

Blackened wild salmon, steamed broccoli, carrots, green beans with EVOO

Plain organic yogurt with walnuts, blueberry, honey

IT WAS A YUMMY FOOD DAY!

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:35 pm

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Resting

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:29 pm

It's great reading your blog to pick up tips. I didn't see a single failure. That's great! For me, S DAYS will be a free for all. It's not that I'm being a "bozo" as was in the book. It's that it's hard enough just to work on the N Days. I want a perfect score of always getting through N Days before I do anything about S DAYS.

Thanks for the great information about how it feels to go through this diet!

Kathleen

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 pm

Resting,

thank you! it was a good day!

Kathleen, I am glad you find the blog helpful, writing it has been helpful for me. Defininitely agree with focussing on keeping your N days green and not worrying about S days ... at all. Reinhard says if you keep your N days green ... i.e. "perfect compliance/strictness" it really DOES spill over into your S days ... over time. I think the hardest thing for some of us is just being patient with ourselves on our S days. However, I think that is where the "healing" really occurs, as long as you are being strict with N days.

Day 178

SUCCESS

B: mixed grains and scrambled eggs
L: organic free range ground turkey meat balls, steamed green beans with EVOO and figs ... photo at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Blueskighs
Last edited by blueskighs on Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joelle

Post by Joelle » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:53 pm

Belated Happy Birthday, Blueskighs!
Glad you had such a great day to start off your new year!
xo,
Joelle

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:49 am

Joelle,

Thank you! Good to hear from you :D

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:45 pm

Day 179

SUCCESS

B: mixed grains and scrambled eggs, cafe misto
L: homemade dal with fresh cilantro, salad with romaine, carrot, tomato, kalamata olives and EVOO, cafe misto
D: cottage cheese with vanilla and cinnamon and pineapple chunks.

Well a few more days left on my husband's staycation. We have been really enjoying it and were a bit sad this morning to see it will come to an end in not too long. OH WELL :D one more NWS day this month coming up on Monday.

I love how No S spreads out into the rest of my life. This has been a WONDERFUL staycation as a result.

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:53 pm

Day 180 - 9/19

SUCCESS

L: organic free range turkey meatballs, steamed green beans with EVOO, and romaine salad with EVOO
D: watermelon ... the watermelon has been fun to eat as dinner while it has been in season, especially on Friday nights. Got a nother one this morning at the farmer's market. Also the Reed avacados are lovely right now ...

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:33 am

Day 181 9/20

SUCCESS

Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Toast with Earth Balance (LOVE THIS STUFF! :D )
Caramel Machiatto
Dark Chocolate
Mahi mahi, steamed veggies, salad, bread with chimichuri salsa and spinach empanada

It was a very nice S day, went to bed early,

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Hey Blue,

What a joy it is to see your food choices and blog. I've never heard of a staycation!

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:43 pm

Resting,

it is nice to hear from you and know we are continuing on our No S journeys... I think with economy and gas prices lots are staying home on vacation thus the term "staycation" ... last year I told my husband NO TRAVEL this year :D

on the heels of two particularly hectic years I don't want to budge and did want to enjoy our somewhat new home, I am so glad we did! We had two very nice staycations this year, today is the last day of this one ... :(

have gotten terribly, awfully, lazy and relaxed ... tomorrow will be something of a rude awakening I imagine ...

Day 182 9/21

SUCCESS

yogurt, walnut, honey, blueberries
caramel macchiato
organic free range turkey blt, carrot sticks
dark chocolate
soy "ice cream" bars

the soy "ice cream" bars were a bit wretched gave me heartburn and kept me restless and tossing and turning last night ... have not eaten this much sweet in quite a while and definitely did not agree with me, have been experimenting with dark chocolate past month and have not been enjoying it that much, overall sweets are becoming less and less appealing and also less and less satisfying, since i have started drinking coffee would much prefer a cuppa joe :D

today monday 9/22 is an NWS day for me, the last of four I had planned for this month ... things are going well, this week is my six month NO S Diet anniversary, it doesn't look like I will be blowing any gaskets as my urge to binge is diminished over time not strengthened as with other diets/eating plans/abstinence. I am starting to become pretty confident I will keep crusing along ... I don't anticipate any uptick in the holidays, I will have plenty of NWS days for when needed and since I have NEVER given myself this kind of freedom for holidays I am sure it will reduce any need to binge and eat like there is no tomorrow, we shall see, am planning to make fresh homemade pumpkin pie for thanksgiving, something i have never done before, i don't really like to eat food prepared by other people or at restaurants so I don't worry too much about holiday parties as most of it is unappealing to me ... i look at most of the stuff on the tables as colorful decorations like flowers and don't worry about it too much, most people and restaurants don't use organic unprocessed foods when they cook so I am not too enticed ... i know -picky picky but when you get used to good fresh food you really do become "spoiled rotten" and dissatisfied with the ubiquitous crap that passes for food in most cases .... who knew i would ever arrive at such a point when i was such a complete and total omnivore in my twenties :D

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:10 pm

Day 183 9/22

SUCCESS - NWS LAST DAY OF STAYCATION :cry:

Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Toast with Earth Balance
Caramel Macchiato
Pinto beans, mixed grains, Romaine salad with evoo
Caramel Macchiato seconds :D
MVP Pudding
Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Toast with Earth Balance seconds :D

thinking about what Kathleen has posted on her daily check-in thread about no failure. Tomorrow will be my six month anniversary on the NO S Diet, and to date I have not had any red days. I am not sure why this is. Perhaps it is the simple thing that for me I just don't really get the point of "cheating" on NO S. But I also come from a distant history of grey sheet abstinence and it was ground into my head that you just don't deviate. After that experience I never felt right eating outside the 3 meals a day paradigm, even though I did for over twenty years. Also with grey sheet there was NOT a one plate rule... as I remember I used to eat off many plates :D

anyway after that kind of strictness knowing i can "go off" on S days and NWS days is such a huge and regular loophole for me that there just really doesn't seem like much of a point.

Sure, sometimes on my N days I WANT TO EAT! I am an emotional eater and I definitely "suffer" the gamut of emotions on N days as well :D but I know logically I can subsist on three meals a day, Iknow that I won't die even on the days when my breakfast is at 7 and my "lunch" is at 4. Now those days don't happen EVERY day but they do somedays. Ususally when that happens I am not having TIME to eat so I suppose that makes it less of an issue.

ANYWAY ... I am not sure if I have one failure that will be it, maybe it will. Maybe it could be. Maybe I am so happy with NO S diet I just don't want to take that risk. MOst'y I don't understand the point. I mean I USE my S and NWS days ... I use them for whatever I want to do with food ... sweets? snacks? seconds? emotional eating? undereating? overeating? WHATEVER I need them for I USE my S days and I don't put any restrictions on them.

I noticed Jill said on her check-in she's doing no sugar and no flour. I don't eat much wheat on my week days because if I eat too much wheat I get sticky inside and my brain fogs. I do have the occasional piece of bread, etc. with my restaurant meals on the weekend and eat my ezekiel toast which is sprouted which does seem to make a difference.

Anyway, I have often had to go one meal at a time on my N Days, but it has been completely worth it. I think that is what it has been for me. It has just been worth it to say NO THANK YOU :D NOT NOW :) Maybe later :shock: this weekend :? on my N days. It just WORKS for me to say NO. But I think I have accepted on a deep level that eating more than three one plate meals on an N day is totally unnecessary.

WHO REALLY KNOWS FOR SURE? I am just glad I have found NO S DIET and that it has worked so well for me and that tomorrow I am going to have my six month anniversary and I am pretty sure I am not going to "crash and burn" even though I overate my past two S days ... as my husband would say ...

THAT'S WHAT S DAYS ARE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Blueskighs

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:29 pm

I have to laugh at what your husband said -- That's what S Days are for.

For the first weekend, my husband said, "You sure took advantage of the S Days."

On the second weekend, after overeating so much in front of his brother's family that I had to sleep all afternoon, he gave me a lecture about how "Just because you can eat so much doesn't mean you should eat so much."

In a few months, if I'm still on this diet and losing weight, it will be interesting to see what he says on a weekend!

My dieting has become an obsession, and part of the reason why I like the idea of "perfect compliance" is there is a lot else I'd like to be doing with my life!!! With "perfect compliance", you aren't debating all the time about whether or not these particular circumstances warrant an exception.

I'm looking at threads of people who have stopped posting, and it does seem as though a failure or two sets you up for more and more. You never went that route, and you're still here! Congratuations!

Kathleen

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:26 am

With "perfect compliance", you aren't debating all the time about whether or not these particular circumstances warrant an exception.
Kathleen,

excellent point and I think this is key. Once you make the commitment and just decide there will be no exceptions you don't have to keep asking yourself ...will I make an exception here? Maybe I should make one there ... it could get endless :shock:

one of the reasons I fell in love with the NO S diet which BTW brushes with your whole concept of fidelity :P was the simplicity! How in the heck is it simple if I am always or constantly ruminating about making exceptions?
I'm looking at threads of people who have stopped posting, and it does seem as though a failure or two sets you up for more and more.
obviously your research makes a valid point. i am suspicious myself that if I ended up accumulating too many failures i might just feel like a failure ... hmmmmmmm..... stringing together a significant amount of green days definitely seems to be key

Kathleen, you make me think and I appreciate that!

Day 184 9/23

SUCCESS

B: mixed grains and scrambled eggs, cafe misto (wow that was a shocker! :D )
L: Organic Free Range Turkey BLT with carrot sticks, cafe misto (man I am loving these!)
D: cottage cheese, cinnamon, vanilla and fresh pineapple chunks ... photo at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com ... to those who are worried that my dinner sounds too dietous - at least I am not eating rubbery chicken breasts :lol:

had a GREAT workout with my trainer today, I was wiping sweat off the mats and it felt great, ladeedah ladeedah .... what can I say ... life is good on the NO S Diet,

Blueskighs

JillyBean

Happy Anniversary!

Post by JillyBean » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:52 am

Hey, Blue!

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your 6 month anniversary!! You are truly an inspiration!
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:36 pm

Jill,

thank you! It does feel like a bit of a watershed moment. Any other time I have managed any sanity or order with my eating it has only lasted six months and not one day longer, NOT KIDDING, as by then I was pretty much fraying at the edges, white knuckling it, blah blah blah ...

but the day came and went nice and green, and not anticipating any problems today ... or in the foreseeable future ...

GEEZ THIS IS WONDERFUL! TALK ABOUT LIBERATION!

Day 185 9/24

SUCCESS

L: kale salad and plums, cafe misto

OH MY GOSH! I went to the dentist yesterday, the 2nd time since i have been on NO S ( I go every 4 months) NO CAVITIES :!: I could not have been more excited!!!!!!!!! I suspect since I was getting cavities before NO S and now they have stopped there is some correlation .. no snacking ...

YIPPEE

trudging on to one year

Blueskighs
Last edited by blueskighs on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:49 pm

"Trudging" or "skipping"?? I'd say you are skipping on to one year. :lol:
Jill

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:44 am

Jill,

acually that was a little spin on "trudging the road to happy destiny" from the big book ... :lol:

ANYWAY ... skipping does sound more fun!!!!!!!!!!

Day 186 9/25

SUCCESS

b: mixed grains, scrambled eggs, and cafe misto ... I scramble my eggs in a teaspooon of this INCREDIBLY deliciously rich unfiltered extra virgin olive oil RAVIDA, they are sooooooooo yummmy and I look forward to them every N day moring
l: organic free range turkey blt with carrots, cafe misto
d:cottage cheese, vanilla, cinnamon and pineapple...

ahhh ... what a good food day and what a good productive work day!

Blueskighs

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:59 am

Hey, Blue!

Are you a fan of the Big Book? I LOVE it! In fact, before coming here to read messages, I was typing up a list I'd made (I'm doing my own study of the BB) of what it explicitly says is required to "recover." Interestingly, it says that the first requirement is to be convinced that when I run my life on self-will it is not a success. I'm not sure exactly what that means with regard to a "food plan." That's going to be my focus today.

May you be "happy, joyous and free" today, Blue!
Jill

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi Blueskighs :)
Congratulations (sorry belated) on your Six MONTH Landmark!
You must be relieved!
I know you were nervous.
Have a good weekend.
Peace and Love,
8) Debs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:03 pm

Jill,

didn't know you were a "friend of bill" :D

yes, about 21 1/2 years ago .... geez that does sound like a long time ago, i was a big time "big book thumper" the first two years of sobriety, i no longer attend meetings havent' for over 10 years and still happily sober, but the big book provided a foundational spiritual philosophy that had a dramatic impact on my life ... mostly i love the chapter on to agnostics and step 11 ... i.e through practice we CAN learn to discern our "higher powers" will for us ... although i no longer believe in a "higher power" per say, what i beleive in is more nebulous ... and energy like ... but we can definitely learn to plug in .... ANYWAY ...
Interestingly, it says that the first requirement is to be convinced that when I run my life on self-will it is not a success. I'm not sure exactly what that means with regard to a "food plan."
self-will with regards to a food plan is probably something like eating whatever i want whenever i want :D

Debs,

thank you! it is weird i am noticing a bit of crashing the past few days. I was so 'mentally focussed' on SIX MONTHS ... now what? oh, I just keep doing what i have been doing ... geez how unexciting is that????? :lol: i am really starting to understand the "highs and lows" that binging and dieting injected into my life and now I am having to learn how to live on an even keel on a daily basis and let all that go ...... mmm .... perhaps that is a bit more difficult to let go of ...

Blueskighs

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:21 pm

self-will with regards to a food plan is probably something like eating whatever i want whenever i want
Aha! I like that! So, if I am following a food plan, even if it is of my own making, I'm not eating whatever I want whenever I want. I am sticking to the food plan. That works for me! Thanks, Blue!

now I am having to learn how to live on an even keel on a daily basis and let all that go ......
This is exactly what I am looking for! I am tired of the roller coaster rides I have had with food and my body image all my life. It's time for me to settle down.

Regarding being a friend of Bill's, I came in through the back door via OA, but as I read the Big Book I sure can relate it to my compulsive overeating. I have two brothers who found sobriety in AA. One even found a lovely wife there. None of them attend any longer, either, but they are all happily sober to this day. I think AA's are awesome people. No wonder I have always been attracted to you!
Jill

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:56 pm

Jill,

AA was definitely a "rite of passage" in my life and I took many,many positive things a way from it. There are definitely good people hanging around some of those rooms :D

Day 187 9/26

SUCCESS

B:mixed grains and scrambled eggs
L:salmon, salad with romaine, carrots, tomatoes, kalamata olives and EVOO, plums
D: watermelon ... have been really enjoying my watermelon on Friday nights. I fill my LARGEST bowl :D and pile it on high, I rarely finish, but it is delicious and so much FUN! really has made those FRIDAY NIGHTS more "starting the weekend" WITHOUT getting into sweets, snacks or seconds! While it remains in season I am probably going to eat it more frequently for my evening meals!

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:06 pm

Belated Happy 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what you are doing is this:

To quote the famous Blueskies, "eating elegantly."

I love the solid fluidity of your thread. You share so well the joys of swimming all over the water but choosing NOT to get out of the pool.

Here's to many more days, and 6 month anniversaries, and the rest of your life in this "elegant", restful, exciting pool.

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:45 pm

Resting,

THANK YOU!
To quote the famous Blueskies, "eating elegantly."
Did I say that? :lol: well I don't remember but it shure does sound good, I like it too!

I am glad to hear you are staying "in the pool" as well. Very nice analogy, It does seem to be a very pleasant place to be!

Blueskighs
Last edited by blueskighs on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:56 pm

Day 188 9/27

SUCCESS

Caramel Macchiato
Caramel Macchiato [good thing I am using the "glass ceiling" on my coffees :shock: )
Dark Chocolate
Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel Toast with Earth Balance
Swordfish, salad, veggie meddley, carrots
Plums

OH MY GOSH! I Have Reached MAINTENANCE ... Houston Houston the space ship has landed :lol:

The six months result I posted yesterday on my blog were from my Tuesday, September 24 date, but guess what? I weighed and took my measurements this morning and I am at 124.3 and 19.6225 body fat. I think that calls for a big WHOOP! WHOOP.

After 6 months and 4 days on the No S Diet I have lost 10.3 pounds and gone from 26 ish body fat to 19 ish body fat! AND my little pencil skirt FITS!

No S and all of you guys, and of course Reinhard, ROCK!!!!!!!!

Now my journey will be shifting to be a record of my experience of MAINTENANCE on the NO S Diet, YIPPEEEEEEEEE :D :D :D

Blueskighs
Last edited by blueskighs on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Terrific!!!

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:12 am

[/quote]thank you! it is weird i am noticing a bit of crashing the past few days. I was so 'mentally focussed' on SIX MONTHS ... now what? oh, I just keep doing what i have been doing ... geez how unexciting is that?????

Blue, the Zen Buddhists have a saying:
Before enlightenment - chop wood, carry water.
After enlightenment? - chop wood, carry water... :D

The wiser we get, methinks, the better we live...

cheers
fun

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:03 am

Day 189 9/28

SUCCESS

Caramel Macchiato
Salmon and Broccoli ... see picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
Caramel Macchiato
Watermelon

Day 190 9/29

SUCCESS

B: mixed grains and scrambled egg, cafe misto
L: tuna, broccoli, carrots red onion, 1/2 MV Pudding, cafe misto

Day 191 - 9/30

SUCCESS

B: mixed grains and scrambled egg, cafe misto
L: kale salad, plums, cafe misto

Kathleen,

THANK YOU!

Funfuture,

yes ...

have been working hard this week and it has been going well,
Blueskighs

p.s. even though i have reached "maintenance" i am going to continue my daily check-ins ... my personal experience is deep, significant changes become reliable after about two years when you have been able to get through all your yearly anniversaries a couple of times....

chop wood, carry water, RIGHT? :D
Last edited by blueskighs on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tink

Post by Tink » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:24 pm

Hi Blue Belated Happy 6!! Glad to see you doing Fantastic!! :o Gotta run to work but wanted to pop in and let you i fell off the wagon but i am back!
A creature of habit; the No S habit!!!!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:12 am

Tink,

it is so good to hear from you, you have been missed!

Day 192 - 10/1

SUCCESS

L: organic turkey bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich, carrot sticks, cafe misto
D: cottage cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, fresh pineapple chunks,

this has been a great week for work, days are going by fast. I have been amazed how easy it was to come off our recent staycation, I thought it was going to be somewhat difficult but it hasn't been. I was actually eager to get back to work ... HOW ODD .. currently the only NWS day I have planned for October is HALLOWEEN BWAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAABlueskighs
Last edited by blueskighs on Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tink

Post by Tink » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:08 pm

Thank you Blue! I have missed being here! Ah yes Halloween! Now I have 2 NWS days~rushes to mark calendar Anniversary AND Halloween ~ :lol:
A creature of habit; the No S habit!!!!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:21 am

Tink

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary, those are definitely SPECIAL days ... and won't it be fun to enjoy whatever "treat" we want on Halloween!

Day 193 10/2

SUCCESS

Doctor this morning, I was thinking on the way over, these are some of the things I used to "binge" over ... doctor and dentists appointments ... nice to not have to do that, especially cause i had dentist last week and now two doctor this week ... had my "check up" today, tomorrow lab work and mammogram ....

anyway ... it's just really nice to not have to deal with going to the doctor AND binging :D

B:mixed grains,scrambled eggs, cafe misto
L:organic free range turkey BLT, carrots, cafe misto
D: cottage cheese, cinnamon, vanilla and pineapple ...

hey wasn't that the exact same menu i had yesterday? yes it was ... and i enjoyed it all as much today as i did yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:42 pm

Day 194 10/3

SUCCESS

B: Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast with Earth Balance, cafe misto
L: wild salmon grilled, sauteed spinach, cafe misto
D: MV Pudding ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:17 pm

Day 195 10/4

SUCCESS

Peaches
Caramel Macchiato
Caramel Macchiato ... the ladies at Starbucks were sooooo sweet to me yesterday when I went back for my second, it made it all the more fun!
Organic Dark Chocolate with raisins and pecans
Spinach empanada, roquefort and celery empanada with chimichurri sauce
grilled mahi mahi, lovely mixed green salad,

'Nother Yummy S day ... felt like a "monster" at the gym :D like hey guys .. I am so TUFF :D

so far so good on maintenance, new post at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Hey Blue,

I love your definition of "fast food"!

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:28 pm

Resting,

Day 196 10/5

SUCCESS

Caramel Macchiato
Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans
Bar B Q Salmon, Sauteed Spinach
Caramel Macchiato

i think that was it ....

Day 197 10/6

SUCCESS

B: mixed grains, scrambled egg, cafe misto
L:bar b q halibut, steamed broccoli, carrots and red onion with EVOO, 1/2 portion of MV Pudding, cafe misto
D: Watermelon

Day 198 10/7

SUCCESS

L: Organic Free Range Turkey BLT, carrot sticks, cafe misto
D: cottage cheese, cinnamon, vanilla, pineapple

Day 199 10/8

SUCCESS

L: Bar B Q Turkey burger, steamed green beans with EVOO, peach, cafe misto

new post at my blog ... 'tis the Season ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

hmmmmmmmm.... a while sense i posted v. busy this week, lots of good work, i am happy,
it was not always this way,
i am grateful,

Blueskighs

merlekins

INSPIRING

Post by merlekins » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:13 pm

great blog entry today! congrats on all of your success and for being an inspiration to all of us. I have never been this excited about a "diet" nor has this ever been so easy to follow. Only good things have happened to me in all areas of my life since I started last week!!!!

enjoy your weekend...hold fast.... :wink:

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:25 am

Blue,

Just wanted to say I'm so glad you're back around. Don't have a lot of time to post myself lately, but always glad to see you.

KCCC

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:25 pm

Your post about "the Season" was very thought provoking. We allow Food to carry in its arms so much of our emotions. I'm just thinking about telling Food to, "Cut it out!" Well, at least, "Lay Off My Season!"

I hope you will just enjoy this time for all its glorious colors and scents. I thrilled this morning on my walk to the general twitter of birds, and then.....the rare treat of an owl. There was some flower aroma I could smell but not find, and then, of course, the leaves are getting gorgeous.

Here's to feeding our other senses!!!

Thank you for being here for all of us (No pressure there! :)

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:40 pm

I have never been this excited about a "diet" nor has this ever been so easy to follow.

Merlekins,

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Only good things have happened to me in all areas of my life since I started last week!!!!
I can relate. Early on I was particularly and pleasantly astonished with how the simple and manageable discipline of NO S permeated just about all other areas of my life with equally good results,

ahh the No S Diet a little bit like falling in love, pink clouds, stars in your eyes .... :)

KCCC,

likewise!!!!!!!!! sounds like you are getting through your stressful stuff kind of handily!

Resting,

"the rare treat of an owl" beauitiful, such a GREAT reminder that we actually have four other "senses" to TREAT other than our tastebuds ... very very sweet!

Day 200 10/9

SUCCESS

B:mixed grains and scrambled egg, cafe misto
L: organic free range turkey BLT, mountain of carrot sticks, CHOMP! CHOMP! CHOMP! :P cafe misto
D:cottage cheese, cinnamon, vanilla, pineapple ....

funny when i am eating my cottage cheese, watermelon and coffee with milk (cafe misto) I think of my beloved grandmother who i absolutely adored, these are particular foods that she loved too and it does make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I do so today, she passed away a little over two years ago, I was fortunate enough to be with her as she took her last breath, her presence in my life was a huge gift that lives on and on in me ....

Blueskighs

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:48 pm

Blueskighs...

What a sweet comment on your grandmother. I lost my grandparents years ago, and both my parents too....but as I look at their lives I see more and more of the sweet parts...and it's definitely a comfort....

Just wanted to pop in and send a cyber-hug....

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:05 pm

janie,

thank you for that cyber hug,

wow, i don't meet that many people who have a lot of loss in their life, both parents and your grandparents ... you are now officially an orphan :( ok, maybe an adult, my dad is the only one I have left and we are not too close, but yeah, Grandma absolutely ROCKED!

Day 201 10/10

SUCCESS

B:mixed grains,scrambled egg,cafe misto
L: hickory smoked organic free range turkey burger with Annie's Natural horseradish mustard, steamed green beans with EVOO, 1/2 portion of MV Pudding, cafe misto
D: watermelon ... photo at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

find out why i am a "bad ass" :wink: in my new blog entry at ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

happy weekend,

Blueskighs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:21 pm

Have a good weekend ya Badass!! :mrgreen:
read the blog..
Nice one Blue!
Debs x

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:13 pm

Debs,

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 202 10/11

SUCCESS

Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Toast wih Earth Balance
Caramel Macchiato
Caramel Macchiato .... guess this is my "new" saturday thing going to starbucks and getting two ....
Dark Chocolate with Rasins and pecan
Sushi, beautiful ... going to get the pictures up on my blog .... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
Cottage Cheese, vanilla, cinnamon and pineapple,

kind of a great S day, cooled down here, it was nice, the sushi restaurant is a new one in our neighborhood so it was fun to walk over for dinner last night!

Blueskighs

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:37 pm

That is the most delicious looking sushi! I'm not a sushi-lover...or even a sushi-liker....but it LOOKED absolutely yummy! LOL....

Your blog is delightful!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:33 pm

janie,

thank you for the kind words about my blog, it is fun to do and keeps me on track, the sushi was really PRETTY ... made for good pix as well as good taste!

BTW you are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 203 10/12

SUCCESS

Caramel Macchiato
Homemade Tuna Fish Salad sandwich with fixin's on Ezekiel Bread
Caramel Macchiato :shock:
Watermelon
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Beautiful weekend, really, just went by a tad to fast!

only about two weeks in but my weight is maintaining beautifully and it is OCTOBER ....

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:39 am

Day 204 10/13

SUCCESS

b: mixed grains, scrambled egg, cafe misto
l:homemade tuna salad sandwich, white peach cafe misto ... photo at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
d:one big bowl of watermelon frenzy

new entry at my blog ... Implicit Memories ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

did a bunch of CRUNK today ... that CR appy jUNK you hate to do, all that paper work, cleaning out the files, the errands ... blah blah blah ... more tomorrow then mostly i am done, have been working hard on my project and at a breaking point, taking care of all this CRUNK so I can get back to work again ... I ABSOLUTELY HATE DOING THIS STUFF, but GEEZ it feels so good to GET IT DONE!

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:28 pm

Dear Blue,

Amazing web post today. Why do we try to hide from our sorrow in cave of food? Is it because we are afraid to feel it? That is such an amazing thought you had-to actually allow yourself to feel the sorrow and accept if for what it is. Seems like doing that would actually diffuse its power.

Bravo to you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Resting

Oh, and the tuna salad looks yummy!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:53 pm

Hey Resting,
thank you for your support,
yes something about the sadness is JUST OVERWHELMING ... probably because it is an implicit memory ... "flooding" is a sign, anyway, it does wash in and wash out, the melancholy,

amazing how many "food thoughts" i have had in October, today picking up godiva stash for weekend ... "oh just have what you want today" ... the other night watching tv ... "oh just keep on eating ... don't stop now" at starbucks yesterday ... "why don't you just have one of THOSE [cookies/muffins/whatevers]" perhaps because of HABIT I am able to hear those "voices" and just say ... "no thank you, not today" but I am aware that the "eating flotsam and jetsam" is floating around in my mind and crashing in on the waves of sadness .... Ah OCTOBER ... such a melancholy month for me and yet i am also aware of so much goodness in my life, and coming to terms with the pitiful imperfections of it ALL ... everything ... accepting it all is just about the most SOOTHING thing that can be done.

Day 205 10/14

SUCCESS

l:free range organic turkey BLT, carrot sticks, white peach, cafe misto
d: cottage cheese, pineapple, cinnamon, vanilla

Day 206 10/15

SUCCESS

l:salmon, avocado, carrot, tomato, arugula, romaine salad with EVOO, cafe misto
d: MV Pudding

Blueskighs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:32 am

Hi Blue, I'm sorry it's been an emotional month for you. I always feel very nostalgic in Fall, but I like it.. But yes, lots of memories come up as the energy changes from Summer to Fall and we contract and go more internal and introspective.
Good for you on sticking to your habits and caring for yourself!
Big up!
Debs x

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:16 am

Aw Blue, don't be Blue! :(

I just wanted to let you know that you are such an inspiration to all of us here, I was so excited when I came back to this site to see that you were still here, chugging on along with this No S lifestyle.

Take care
Susieokla

No S Diet Start Weight 10/6/08: 165 lbs

Current weight as of 10/14/08: 160 lbs

Goal Weight: 135-140 lbs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:44 am

So Blue,

do you make these cafe mistos or do you do Starbucks that many times per day?????

I see what you are saying about peace in the midst of the sorrow-the acceptance part.

You know I'm there.

Resting

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:25 am

Blue,

Just catching up on you, and just caught on to the difficulties October poses for you. Read your blog on that...

Sending you a hug. I think you have grown SO MUCH in wisdom this past year, and are both living that wisdom and demonstrating it to others. I am in awe of your movement to acceptance of sorrow and sadness - a state I strive for, and achieve in rare flashes. I've said it before, but will repeat: you are an inspiration.

And I'm sending hugs, because leading the way is HARD. It means being outside one's comfort zone. And in that case, a little comfort from friends can help - or at least, I hope so.

Wishing you well. (Isn't that a powerful phrase, when you think of it literally? I am sending good wishes for your wellness. May you be happy, may you be well, may you be safe...)

Best,

KCCC

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:14 pm

Geez,

I could not beleive the kind and thoughtful and supportive responses when I checked in today. THANK YOU. I feel loved :)

Debs,
I like your *objective* take on fall and the shift to internal, helps to put things in perspective! But I have to say it is V. REAL, you know ... the sorrow that just kind of sweeps in under the rug and tosses around with the wind blown leaves ...

Susieokla,
thank you, it is so good to see you back on the boards too!

Resting,

uh, that is a two times a day Starbucks habit :shock:
thank god for Reinhard's concept of a glass ceiling, probably the ONLY thing that keeps me in line!

thank you for being there, it does seem that sorrow is just about the most difficult emotion for me to tolerate ... anger, joy, deep sharp heart wrenching greif, i can handle, but the sorrow that waxes and wanes ... unsettling ...

KCCC,

thank you, we are on a journey here and it is very real and very profound, and as far you're wishing me well... i think i am getting it and yes it is very comforting ...

so, my little waves of sadness wash in and then they also wash out ... it is October 16, HALF WAY THROUGH THE DAMN MONTH :D i am interested to find out if this bleeds into November ... maybe it won't ... fingers crossed, maybe it is just my October thing, it is not that i am 100% sad its just that it washes in so unexpectedly with nothing EXPLICIT to hinge it on ... but then if I just sit with it it passes and fragile beautiful tender light filled moments follow ... i prefer EXUBERANCE :D but this is part of the mosaic of my reality ... ahhhhhhhhh the delirium of a cafe misto and having the opportunity to gently absorb it all ...

Day 207 10/16

SUCCESS

b:mixed grains, scrambled egg, cafe misto
l:organic free range turkey blt, carrot sticks, white peach - this is DEFINITELY a "maximize the real estate on your plate meal" cafe misto
d:cottage cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, pineapple ... now my husband teases me about this dish ... it is simply hard for him to fathom i actually LIKE it!

Blueskighs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:42 pm

Oh yeah Blue, definitely it's very real!
I'm not sure if I came across as if it wasn't real or in any way was invalidating your experience. I hope you didn't take it that way.. In fact, I was just trying to say it's a universal experience which many share during this time.
I have several friends all this week reliving things in their past..
Parents passing away, childhood memories etc..
Something bout this time of year brings it all to the surface.
Not sure what your traumatic experience was, but by letting it come to the surface and flow through and out of you, I'd say that's a healthy thing, so even tho difficult, the body only lets trauma out as it feels you are ready, and it's part of your personal healing. It will never let out more than you are truly ready for.
Stay strong girl :)
Love,
8) Debs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:43 pm

ps.. Your husband don't know what he's missing with the cottage cheese and pineapple :wink:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:52 pm

I'm not sure if I came across as if it wasn't real or in any way was invalidating your experience. I hope you didn't take it that way.. In fact, I was just trying to say it's a universal experience which many share during this time.
Debs,

oh dear! I did not in any way think you were invalidating my experience, in fact I found your unique insight ... SPOT ON ... it is actually kind of relieving to know that maybe there are others who go through this at this time of the year, and maybe odd, that never really spoken about it like this with someone ... i guess when I was saying "it's very real" meaning that for THIS YEAR it is very real, in that other years in past it was kind of this nebulous thing that i guess i have binged and/or "dieted" right past and now that I am not doing either ... THIS YEAR it is very real ...

Debs, i love your presence on the boards!

Blueskighs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:23 am

Oh okay cool, thanks for that. And now I get what you were saying better :)
Yeah, being aware of what is causing behaviour is so much better than that nebulous vague feeling something is wrong which is operating more unconsciously.
You are much appreciated too Blue! :wink:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:03 pm

Debs,

COOL 8) glad we arrived at same page!

Day 208 10/17

SUCCESS

L: grilled salmon salad, with avocado, tomato, shredded carrot, arugula, romaine and evoo ... photo at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

ahhhhh ... the weekend is finally here ... new blog entry ... "... when you're not not not" at www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Happy Weekend Everybody,

Blueskighs

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:13 am

blueskigh,
I love your unabashed enjoyment of treats on S Days! My kids complain about no sweets during the week, but we are buying foods we never have eaten before. Today, we got chocolate covered pretzels.
Kathleen

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:31 pm

Kathleen, thank you :D

Day 209 10/18

SUCCESS

Cinnamin Raising Ezekiel Toast with Earth Balance
Caramel Macchiotos
Godiva Chocolate
Salmon, mache salad, butternut squash soup, rosemary bread with EVOO
Godiva Chocolate

Day 210 10/19

SUCCESS

Godiva Chocolate
Caramel Macchiato
Godiva Chocolate
Organic Free Range Turkey Burger Salad
Gourmet Hostess Cupcake, Cafe Misto
Cottage Cheese Pineapple Vanilla and Cinnamon
Cinnamon Raisiin Ezekiel Toast
Caramel Macchiato

Day 211 10/20

SICK DAY

yesterday was a pretty crappy S day :cry: OH WELL probably why I am under the weather and taking a sick day today ... we went down to coast it was cloudy gray and cool i am mostly in bed today and doing laundry ... have not managed to eat anything yet today ... so I will just call it a SICK DAY and if I can get something down later on I will ...

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:50 pm

Finished off yesterday with some watermelon ... did not even have my coffee, I just really felt bad, not sure what happened ... I slept a lot.

Feeling MUCH BETTER today and was soooooooooooo looking forward to my breakfast of mixed grains and scrambled egg this morning!

Let's see this Friday will be seven months on NO S, this has been a wiggy month. I have kept green on my N days and my S days have been good with exception of this past weekend, but the urges to just EAT or throw my 3 meal a day habits out the window CHURNS ... mostly I find it kind of amazing ... but meal by meal day by day I want to get through this, I really love NO S and waking up this morning and feeling SO MUCH BETTER I was just ready to jump into the "safety boat" of my N days ...

I can see that for me, I have a tendency to do really well and then CRAP OUT ... as I have mentioned before six months has been the length of time that I have "hung in" with other things in the past, I think it is nothing short of a miracle that I am still hanging in there and nosing even though sometimes it is difficult and my inner two year old DOES NOT WANT TO!

But truthfully, I know, this is it for me. THere is NO WHERE else I can go or want to go. My maintenace weight is hanging steady like a rock, these past few weeks, so you know NO S works.

But 40 plus years of bad habit creates a powerful undertow ... I will just keep moving forward ... I love having almost seven months of HABIT behind me and the positive ways that has spread out into all the other areas of my life,

Blueskighs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:47 pm

Forwaaaard Blue! :wink:
Love
8) Debs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:42 pm

Day 212 10/21

SUCCESS

L: Organic Free Range Turkey BLT, cafe misto [out of carrots :( would not have survived that oversight in my first weeks of No S for sure!)
D:Aloha Baked Tofu, Peach

WOW! looks like my malaise has passed ... could it be it lasts only 3 weeks but in years past I have just "piled on" by slipping into binging ... would not be at all surprised ... we shall see how the rest of the month and November goes, I am in good mood today and SO GLAD that through the emotional ups and downs of the past few weeks I have managed to keep my N days green, it is SO WORTH IT!

Kathleen asked what makes success on NO S diet ... while the emotional root of my success is desparation ... no where else to go and ABSOLUTELY UNWILLING to do "traditional diets" ... the desperation lends itself to using WHATEVER will power one possesses to keeping those N days Green ... NO matter what ... because when you have 2 s days a week and an average of 2 floating NWS days a month when you can eat whatever you want, when ever you want and as much as you want as long as you enjoy it .. HONESTLY what is the point of rationalizing/justifying eating beyond the boundaries of your three one plate meals on N days ...

What is the point?

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:30 pm

Day 213 10/22

SUCCESS

B: mixed grains, scrambled egg, cafe misto ... whatta shock :P
L: grilled wild salmon, spinach sauteed in EVOO, cafe misto ... this was LATE ... oh ... say about 4:00 hahahahha whatta day yesterday turned out to be, glad it is over, but boy was it productive
D: MV Pudding ....

watched a little HOUSE on the DVR ...
life is good!

new blog entry ... Pre-disapproved ... at www.nosdiet.blogspot.com ...

Blueskighs

gingercake

Post by gingercake » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:17 pm

I first read that as you watched Little House. As in on the Prairie. Which I do sometimes, because it's oddly relaxing even though I know the plot of every single episode!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:07 pm

Yeah I love Reinhards "Pre disapproved" line myself.
I remember laughing when I read that.
Brilliant!

8) Debs x

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:11 am

I first read that as you watched Little House. As in on the Prairie.
Gingercake, that is so funny ... Little House on the Praire :D I remember from other posts there are others on these boards who also watch THE OTHER House ... I guess watching him is a bit "homeopathic" ... his grumpiness kind of rubs out any of mine!

Thanks, Debs

Day 214 10/23

SUCCESS

B:mixed grains, scrambled eggs, cafe misto
L: Organic Free Range TBLT, cafe misto
D: Baked Aloha Tofu, Peach

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:35 pm

Day 215 10/24

SUCCESS

B: mixed grains, scrambled eggs, cafe misto
L: grilled wild salmon, spinach sauteed in EVVO, (one of my new favorite meals), cafe misto
D:MV Pudding

Well, now 7 months on No S. My first time EVER going longer than six months on any kind of dieting, "eating plan" or otherwise disciplined effort at eating ... YAY!

I don't beleive I am "out of the woods" yet, but obviously there has been some sort of breakthrough. I am pretty thrilled and dropped a couple of more pounds this month ... even after my pretty wacky S days last weekend ... bringing total lost to 12.5 ... I am at 122.1 this morning, at 5'3.5" that is moving towards SLIM ... wow ... I will keep my maintenance weight at 124.5, give myself some time to see where all this settles.

I am just so genuinely pleased with the NO S diet, I want everyone to have this!

Blueskighs
Last edited by blueskighs on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:07 am

Blue,

I know one thing that keeps me here..........constantly here, returning here...is that there really is no where else to go. There is no where that offers the sensible wisdom and freedom found in NoS. So, why leave?

Thank you for staying.

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:35 pm

I know one thing that keeps me here..........constantly here, returning here...is that there really is no where else to go.
Resting,

Me too! I am glad you are staying too!

Day 216 10/25

SUCCESS

ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast with earth balance
Caramel Macchiato
Dark Chocolate
Sushi
Caramel Macchiato
MV Pudding

Perfect S day,

new post ... JUST LOOKING ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com ...

Blueskighs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:03 am

Hi Blue!! Congrats for this months successes!!!
12 lbs in seven months is phenomenal!! :D
8) Debs
ps.. please tell me what EVOO is??
I see this on all your posts :)

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:56 am

Yes, that really is fabulous weight loss, Blue. Well done. :D

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:37 pm

Debs,

EVOO is extra virgin olive oil :D ... thank you ...

funfuture
thank you!

Day 217 10/26

SUCCESS
Caramel Macchaiato
Grilled Halibut, Steam Green Beans and Carrots with EVOO
Caramel Macchiato
Cottage Cheese, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Pineapple
Frozen Oatmeal Raising Cookie Dough ... much better than the cooked ones a few weeks ago :wink:

Sunday not as good as Saturday, but still MUCH BETTER than LAST WEEKEND :D YAY! I do love to pick pick pick through the day on Sundays!

For some REASON looking very much forward to my NWS day this Friday for Halloween .... tentatively planning donuts and vegan nachos ... yum!yum!

Blueskighs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:29 pm

Oh haha! Yeah I love EVOO ;)
LOL
:lol:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:15 pm

Day 218 10/27

SUCCESS

L: Organic Free Range Mesquite Grilled Turkey Burger with all the fixin's, cafe misto
D:pears, baked aloha tofu

to bed early last night and felt delightful this morning because of it,

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:36 pm

Day 219 10/28

SUCCESS

L: yummy turkey chili, brown rice, salad with romaine, tomato, carrot, red onion and EVOO, cafe misto

not so much to say, good week, working hard, looking forward to HALLOWEEN donuts and vegan nachos, have not had either in probably months now ...

new post at my blog ... I LOVE VEGGIES ... at www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:08 pm

Day 220 10/29

SUCCESS

B: mixed grains, scrambled eggs, cafe misto
L: Organic Free Range Turkey Burger, Black bean soup, cafe misto
D: organic plain yogurt, ezekiel cereal, splash of nama shoyu ... have to thank Lola for that one ... hmmmmmmmm :cry: are you still out there somewhere in cyber space? miss you ....

new post on my blog ... "GLASS CEILINGS" ... at www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:29 pm

Hey Blue,

Tonight I picked up a decaf at Starbucks for dh and in your honor I tried the cafe misto. YUM! I'm forgetting, do you do it with skim or whole?

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:48 pm

Resting,

so glad you liked your Cafe Misto :D for me they are a nice light low sugar N day drink .... I get soymilk in mine ...

Day 221 10/30

SUCCESS

B:mixed grains, scrambled egg, cafe misto
L: Organic Free Range TBLT, cafe misto
D: organic plain yogurt, ezekiel cereal, splash of nama shoyu (that is "raw" soy sauce)

new entry on my blog ... TRICK OR TREAT ... at www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

HAPPY HALLOWEEN all you NOSers!

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:18 pm

I did enjoy Halloween-a bit too much. I saw another post reference a comment you made about if you are enjoying your food. That really hit home. I think-no, I know, I've been eating just because I can, just because it's allowed. Thank you for that simple statement. I don't know where you made it but I'm glad it found me.

Resting

connorcream

Post by connorcream » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:14 pm

You have beautiful and helpful insights.

Thank you for taking the time to post them.
connorcream
5'8.5"
48 yrs
Started calorie counting
10/6/2009
start/current
192/mid 120's maintaining
Maintaining a year

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi Blue,

Like Resting, I find the concept of "are you enjoying this?" REALLY helpful, especially on S-days. Thank you for all the helpful insights and support you always offer!

Best,

KCCC

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:18 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know publicly and openly why I have decided to leave these boards and stop my blog.

1. There was a dust up on the main board that I personally beleive was handled very inappropriately and it made me realize that all of the time, energy and love I have put into these boards did not merit the slightest consideration in a "rushed" response, prompted by "private messages".

While I have resolved this through private e-mail with Reinhard I no longer feel comfortable or really even welcome on the boards. TO THOSE WHO PRIVATELY MESSAGED REINHARD AND PROMPTED THIS OUTCOME ... you might want to ask yourselves why you felt it necessary to take that approach.

2. Because of my passion for the NO S diet and my gratitude to Reinhard for devising it, I have freely given much of myself to these boards and have thoroughly enjoyed doing so. But it no longer feels enjoyable.

3. It is simply time for me to move on to live my "private" NO S life.

The final thing I would like to say is this WORKS. If you will keep your N days green, a bounty will be opened to you, and that will include a life no longer "weighted down" by food, weight, calorie counting ...

To those of you who have made such kind comments to me in these past months, you're love and caring has not been lost on me, I wish the best to everyone on their No S Diet journey,

Blueskighs

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Blue, I'm so sorry that you were hurt by that interaction.

No community is ever in 100% agreement, but I know I speak for more than myself when I say your presence is VERY welcomed here.

Though I understand your feelings, I really hope you'll change your mind at some point and return.

Either way, very best wishes for your continued success.

Sincerely,

KCCC