Blueskighs Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

blueskighs

Blueskighs Check-In

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:41 am

Well this is day number 8. I get to mark green on habitcal. YAY!

SUCCESS
Today was:
B: 2eggs scrambled w/1 tsp. EVOO, 1 soy sausage, 1 c. plain yogurt, 1 c. blueberries

L: 1 Amy's Tofu Brown Rice Bowl, 1 block of Baked tofu, Steamed veggies: Carrots Broccoli Red Onion w/ 1 Tsp. EVOO

D: 1 bowl of homemade Dal
Yum! Yum!

I felt pretty comfortable that I was going to be able to pop back into my N days. Although I enjoyed my first full weekend of S days I was actually kind of looking forward to getting back into the routine of N days and it was easy ... knowing of course that there are two S days to treat me at the end of the week.

I love the No S diet. I guess when I finished the book last Monday night I had made the decision to do it. I have found the clear boundaries around mealtimes on N days to be a great stress reliever.

I think I must have often had the inner question ... what do I do with food?

With No S I have a real clear defined structure with plenty of variety to keep things interesting. Genius. Sheer Genius is all I can say ...
Last edited by blueskighs on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:56 am

Day Number 9!
SUCCESS

B: yogurt, blueberries, walnuts

L: tofu sausage, green peas with EVOO, mixed green salad with EVOO

D: homemade Rajma curry and brown rice

Another great N Day!
Last edited by blueskighs on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:18 am

Day Number 10

SUCCESS

B: scrambled eggs, soy sausage, yogurt, blueberries

L: Salad with mixed greens, carrot, tomato, avocado, black olive, baked tofu and EVOO

D: Spinach and tofu curry with brown rice.

What can I say the NO S diet is a miracle in my life,

Blueskighs
Last edited by blueskighs on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:12 am

Day Number 11

SUCCESS

B: scrambled eggs, soy sausage, yogurt, blueberries

L: Amy's black-eyed pea bowl, steamed broccoli, carrots and red onion with EVOO, cashews

D: homemade yellow dal

YUM YUM

my appetite was much more low key today. I think my body ... my blood sugar levels? are adjusting. I am feeling really good and becoming very productive ... this is wonderful!

Blueskighs
Last edited by blueskighs on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:28 am

Day Number 12

Success

L: salad with tofu, aco olives, mixed greens, carrot, tomato and EVOO

D: homemade brown dal

good day .... tomorrow well deserved treats ... YAY!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:14 am

Day 13

SUCCESS

B: donuts, chai tea :D YUM!

L/D: Vegan Nachos,
mini-mini carrot cake, chai tea ... not so yummy...

TOO SWEET :!:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:49 am

Day 14

SUCCESS

B: donuts, chai tea latte

L/D: white bean dip with garlic, lemonjuice, garlic and parsley
pita chips with oregano, carrot sticks, steamed greens with lemon juice and EVOO
small for me! box of godiva chocolate ... shared with my husband

my appetite is decreasing. I started noticing it at the end of the week so I have had kind of lunch/dinner thing going on my S days eating about 4-ish

I am going to reduce my meals just a tad tomorrow and see how things are going ... I am really excited this is my second weekend and I have not had any binges. YAY

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:53 am

Day 15

SUCCESS

B: eggs, tofu sausage, yogurt, blueberries

L: Amy's Brown Rice tofu bowl, baked tofu, steamed broccoli, carrots, red onions with EVOO

D: homemade dal

I noticed I was a bit grumpy this morning and wanted a chai tea latte. It was fairly easy to say no to myself and get on with my day. For me those drinky things are reserved for my S days ... anyway ...
I had a smaller bowl of soup for dinner than I've been having the past two weeks. I noticed by last Friday night I was not getting as hungry. So I am going to reduce my dinners ...but just a tad ... and I mean a tad ...

Things are going well. I don't really check in with exerise because it is not a problem for me. I am one of those people who think going to the gym is like going to Astroworld ... all those funky machines that do strange things to your body! :lol:

I can't help it ... I am a treadmill elliptical nerd. I like to get in there and play with all the programs... what will it do to me if I punch this button? I will come home and tell my husband ... you have to try that machine on the end of the leg machine row it is just so cool... he just smiles and lovingly rolls his eyes.
What can I say? we really have a nice dry sauna at our gym and my water bill went down over 10 dollars a month because I go almost every day and take showers when I am done.

I don't necessarily go for long ... I do 4 15 minute weight workouts a week, two 35 dynamic interval training sessions and allow for an optional 3rd cardio workout if I want to do it .. other wise I walk around the block or run up and down the stairs when I get the chance ...

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:58 am

Day number 16

SUCCESS

B: eggs, soy sausge, yogurt, blueberries

L: salad mixed lettuce, arugula, carrots, tomatoes, black olives, avocado, block tofu, EVVO

D: homemade curry with tofu,peas and cauliflour, indian brown rice

hanging in there ... can't beleive it is day 16. Was tired yesterday and went to sleep early last night.

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:30 am

Day Number 17

SUCCESS

B: yogut, blueberries, walnuts

L: soy sausage, steamed peas with EVOO, mixed lettuce salad with EVOO

D: snack chikpeas with onion, ginger and green chiles

PRETTY MUCH YUM YUM!

Only two more days ... until an S day :lol:

nubiennelady

Post by nubiennelady » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:07 am

blueskighs wrote:Day Number 17

Only two more days ... until an S day :lol:
That's how I felt today...I wanted a glass of wine but I'm reserving that for my S days as well.

You are doing a fantastic job and are so close to 21 days. Keep up the good work!!!

DJ
Restart: 207 (November 16, 2009)
Goal: 180 (First Day of Summer - June 20, 2010)

No investigation. No right to speak. - Confucius

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:46 am

DJ, thank you! and enjoy that glass of wine tomorow!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 18

SUCCESS

B: eggs, yogurt, blueberries, soy sausage

L: leftover pea, cauliflower tofu curry with brown rice, bistro burgers and mixed greens salas with EVOO (YES! I got that all on one plate :D )

Day 19

SUCCESS

L: salad with mixed greens, carrot, tomatoes, avocado, black olives, baked tofu and EVOO

D: Homemade brown dal ... what can I say dal is my absolute favorite right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.... tomorrow is an S day!

Oh .. I am planning an NWS day next week on Wednesday... I am inviting one of my teacher's over for lunch and I don't want to serve her dessert and not have some ... kind of weird ... My goal keep NWS days to two within each thirty day period ... this will be my second as I counted my very first day as NWS becasue ... you know ....I had already had Seconds and sweets but no snacks and once I picked up the book I was on habit ... i.e. didn't use the rest of the day to BINGE and start tomorrow... and I figured hey for me that made that first day March 24, 2008 an official NWS day ... so next wednesday will be my second.

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:52 am

Day 20

SUCCESS

B: donuts and chai tea latte

L/D: chickpea-tahini-garlic-parsley salad, mixed greens salad with EVOO, carrot sticks, homemade pita chips
TREAT: Carrot Cake YUM YUM!

All is good in my world,
very beautiful and nice and relaxing day,

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:20 pm

just wondered about reserving the wine for the S days. I know we can have 1-2 per day so are you saving them because of the sweetness. Wonder if I should do that.

Resting52

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:12 pm

resting52,

Hi! Actually I don't drink any wine or alcohol :(

But that is just me. My husband loves wine but he is not on the diet.
So I really can't answer that one,

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:38 am

Day 21

SUCCESS

L/D: homemade vegan pizza with LOTS of veggies
frozen mini peanut butter cups

what can I say but YUM YUM!!!!!!!!!!

Blueskighs

irish

healthy eating

Post by irish » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:00 pm

You eat such healthy food! I am really impressed. Hopefully I will get there, too. Even though I'm just starting no s, I feel it really is a liberating diet - it gives you a sense of calmness and control, except on s days. I'll have to work on those.

gracie

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:33 pm

Just wanted to say blueskighs, I love reading your blog. It's funny, thought provoking and inspirational. Thank you for sharing it. :)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:14 am

Gracie,
that is so funny ... to hear just coming off of my S days when I was having all my treaties! you know! BUT other than my treats I admit I do eat pretty healthy. I have done a lot of crazy things with food to get here ... but maybe in the end I can say it was all worth it! And yes the No S diet is very liberating!

OrganicGal,
thank you for your friendly comments about my blog. I just LOVE this NO S thing and guess I am a bit excited!

Glad you both are here!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:19 am

Day 22

SUCCESS

B: eggs, yogurt, soy sausage, blueberries

L: homemade brown dal

D: Amy's brown rice tofu bowl with block of baked tofu

WHEW! This weekend I got really full with my saturday lunch/dinner meal and then Sunday I ate too much pizza .... ok and MAYBE I overdid it on the mini peanutbutter cups ....

This is finetuning though ... I think I am having to adjust my portions ... what I think is enough to get me through is starting to become too much.

Today I was not willing to eat less breakfast, but I cut back a little bit on lunch and dinner. I already cannot stand not being hungry. So I am starting to get that this eyeballing our plate and figuring out the right amount is a bit of skill and practice.

But that being said wonderful to fall out of another weekend right back onto HABIT! :D

Blueskighs

nubiennelady

Post by nubiennelady » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:37 am

Congrats on reaching your 21 Days. When I grow up, I want to be just like you. No wine for me this weekend but all of the crap I had at my nephew's birthday should have given me the same buzz seeing and how it made my feet swell up :?

Keep up the great work,

DJ
Restart: 207 (November 16, 2009)
Goal: 180 (First Day of Summer - June 20, 2010)

No investigation. No right to speak. - Confucius

haganeedle

Post by haganeedle » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:56 pm

.........I have to work on my portions too. Supper is my hardest. I fill my plate to full I feel because I am scared of being hungry later...I have to get over that.......Great job reaching 21 days.......Yummy on the peanut butter cups. My all time favorite.

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Congrats!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:29 pm

Way To Go blueskighs!!!! I'm on day 5 and loving it, but obviously am looking forward to day 21 and beyond.

Keep up the good work. :)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

irish

congrats

Post by irish » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:57 pm

Congratulations on making it to day 21 - I can hardly wait to get there. Do the s days get easier or better as you go along? My first weekend was awful. You're doing great - an inspiration.

gracie

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:09 am

Oh my goodness!

DJ, haganeedle, Fkwan, OrganicGal, and Gracie, THANK YOU!

I am so glad that we are all here doing this together and encouranging each other on!

Day 23

SUCCESS

B: eggs, soy sausage, yogut, blueberries

L: Salad with mixed lettuce, carrot, tomate, avocado, black olive, baked tofu and EVOO

D: homemade rajma curry and indian brown rice.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Hey Blueskies,

I saw from your blog that you are going to post physical results at 30 days. Does this mean you are not weighing now?

Resting52

Jamiebf

Hey there

Post by Jamiebf » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:33 am

Hi Blueskigh
Loved your blog yesterday. I agree with the ns days being easier in a way because we do not have to worry. Three meals thats it. We need to control ourselves on the sdays.
Love the Blog! thanks

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:16 am

Resting52,

yes I am choosing to refrain for now. I weighed I think it was day three to get a benchmark, otherwise had my husband put the scale in our other bathroom.. but day 30 is coming up quickly and I am def aware... next week I beleive!

Jamie, yes... it was WEIRD doing an NWS day Non-weekend S day ... today I may have possibly underate ... I was kind of weird with how I did my meals! See below! I am REALLY glad tomorrow is an N Day and I can get back to my nice safe structure ... and then again ... if I said I didn't enjoy today's food ride without the training wheels it would be a lie!!!!!

Day 24

SUCCESS

well today was a planned NWS non-weekend S day, I planned for it about two weeks ago ... I had invited my friend and teacher over for a lunch to say thank you and happy birthday.

Brunchish: large salad with greens, carrots, tomato, black olives and EVOO, homemade rosemary spelt bread, cannellini beans with garlic tomato sauce and greens, godiva chocolate

Dinner: this is where it gets wiggy 1 grande chai tea latte and 4 oz monavie ... a concentrated kind of fruit juice...

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:36 am

day 25

SUCCESS

Boy it was nice to get back to an N day today!

B: yogurt, blueberries, eggs and soy sausage ...posted a pic of this one plate meal on my blog .... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

L: amy's black-eyed pea bowl, steamed broccolie carrots and red onion with/EVOO cashews

Tomorrow ... christmas eve!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:36 am

Day 26

SUCCESS

B: yogurt, blueberries, and walnuts

L: lettuce, carrot, tomato, avocado, black olive, tofu salad with EVOO ...photo on blog www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

D: Bistro burgers

This week went by really fast. I cannot BELIEVE tomorrow is Saturday. Since I have been Nosing I have become so much more productive in my life and time is flying by,

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:56 pm

Day 27

SUCCESS

B: Donuts, chai tea latte ... picture on my blog www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

L/D: balsalmic organic greens salald, beet and basil ravioli

PAINTED MY ROOM GREEN TODAY! I have always wanted a green room! This is what I am doing instead of obsessing about eating and food and whether or not I should eat sweets!

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:59 pm

Hey Blue,

How do you make dal? I looked it up on line and it seems like there are many ways to do this-all complicated.

Resting52

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:01 am

blueskighs wrote:Day 27

SUCCESS

B: Donuts, chai tea latte ... picture on my blog www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

L/D: balsalmic organic greens salald, beet and basil ravioli

PAINTED MY ROOM GREEN TODAY! I have always wanted a green room! This is what I am doing instead of obsessing about eating and food and whether or not I should eat sweets!

Blueskighs
Blue, I tried to leave a comment on your blog but !@#% Bloglines wouldn't let me, as usual. :)

I haven't had a donut in about 3 years! They are my biggest enemy, even on no S. I LOVED that picture, I started salivating immediately. There are just some things that are on a scary pedestal all by themselves, and donuts are mine. Oh, the smell of donut grease in the morning...

Congratulations on doing so well!

f

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:19 am

Resting 52,

I had looked up recipes on-line too and they all sounded too complicated to me too! :)

But we took this cooking class and Wala it all made sense ...let me see if I can explain ...

take red or green lentils, plan for the red lentils to cook 30 minutes, if you are doing green, depending on how fresh they are they will take 30-45 minutes.

wash 1 to 1 1/2 cup lentils,
put in pot with 4 cups water, salt to taste (1-2 teaspoonish), and 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, if you have any heeng (an indian spice we get at the restaurant we go to) put in 1 to 2 pinches

bring the water to a boil,
with the lid off keep on a high simmer,
after it's been simmering about 10 minutes pour in tomato sauce (2 tablespoons to 1/2 cup to taste), the one I used is completely unseasoned so account for salt if the one you use has salt, and 1 pretty finely chopped tomato,
add 2 more cups water,

bring back up to a boil,
if it needs 2 more cups of water add when the whole pot has been cooking for twenty minutes bringing it back to boil and then back down to a high simmer

MEANWHILE
chop about 1/2 onion, some serrano chili if you like spicy, about an inch of fresh ginger root, and garlic ... chop the stuff as fine as you can or want ...

heat a skillet and put in about 2 tbsp good oil ... I use olive - when the oil is hot throw in some cumin seeds, if the pan and oil is hot they should start popping, throw in the chopped onion, green chile, ginger and garlic, saute about 3 minutes.

throw it in the finished soup.

THIS probably SOUNDS much more complicated than it is when you actually go through the motions,

let me know if you have any questions and if you try it how it turns out. THis is one of my staples.

IMPORTANT: for the green lentils throw in a teaspoon of good curry powder in the beginning with the turmeric and salt. Also the green lentils may need to cook longer if they are not fresh .... APPARENTLY like the ones that I bought at my health food store last week :cry:

but the soup was still YUMMY,

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:23 am

fkwan,
thank you for trying to comment on my blog :D
oh well some times this computer stuff is full of gremlins!

yeah, the picture came out nice huh?

so far the donuts are going ok and not setting me off you know FOOD BOMB .... hahahha
BUT REALLY for me it is the chai tea lattes that send me over the edge ...
when I used to get off suger one of my friends asked me what the hardest thing to get off was ... HANDS DOWN ....
chai tea lattes ...i'ts ok ... just hook me up and pump it in intravenously.... hahahha
but with NO S have to say, been able to stick to one an S DAY... YAY

sounds like you are doing good too,

Blueskighs
Last edited by blueskighs on Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:26 am

Day 28

SUCCESS

L: egg salad sandwich, carrot sticks ...picture in my blog www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
homemade warm toll house cookies

YAY!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:13 am

Day 29

SUCCESS

B: scrambled eggs, tofu sausage

L: salad with mixed greens, carrots, tomatoe, avocado, black olives, tofu and evoo

D: homemade dal ... have a picture of this up on my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

it's Monday, back on habit,

Blueskighs

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:00 am

blueskighs wrote:Day 29

SUCCESS

Blueskighs
You are such an inspiration! I'm not a vegetarian, although I really do love veggies, and I really enjoy fish and poultry. I eat a lot less red meat and when I do eat it I limit the amounts. One of my daughters-in-law is a vegetarian (she may even be a Vegan, I'm not certain) and her father owns a butcher shop. She's a vegetarian because growing up around all that meat just made her gag, poor thing. My son eats meat, so I'm not sure who cooks. It will be interesting to see if our new grandson (born 01/08/08) will eat meat.

Anyway...many congratulations on your success! I see you eat a lot of Amy's products...they're soooo yummy!

Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:27 am

Diane,

thank you. being/becoming vegan/vegetarian is a pretty personal choice and it took me years of wanting to before i actually figured out how to actually feed myself properly.

I think the internet is helping a lot because people can get support, recipes and information on how to eat properly.

yeah, it will be intereseting to see how your grandson turns out :D before my husband became vegetarian, we had a deal, I would be glad to cook everything but the meat ... he mostly went out when he wanted meat :D

that was ok, he started loving my vegan cooking and so now he is vegetarian,
I checked out your website, you have a lot of interesting products there,

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:31 am

Day 30

SUCCESS

B: yogurt, strawberries, walnuts

L: tofu sausage, steamed peas with EVOO, mixed greens salad with cucumber and EVOO (that was so yummy might have to have another one tomorrow!) picture on my blog www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

D: indian snack chickpeas,

tomorrow I weight .......aaaaaaaaaaaaaghghghhg :D

May 5 will be an NWS day our 10 year wedding anniversay... YAY ...

I am going to schedule my NWS days in advance to keep them from springing up impulsively ... :lol: also hoping to keep them to about twice a month ...

Blueskighs

tdd_fsj

Post by tdd_fsj » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:29 am

Congrats on 10 years!

lola628

Post by lola628 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:37 am

Happy Anniversary!!

Do you have a photo of your new Green Room? It sounds so nice, I love your photos.

Enjoy your day!

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:30 pm

sorry, I just have to know, what on earth is EVOO?

hugs f

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:40 pm

I had to really think about that one when I kept reading it -- Extra Virgin Olive Oil?

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

A turtle travels only when he sticks his neck out. Korean Proverb

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:06 am

Hey you guys, thank you for the anniversary acknowledgement, for this chick from a broken home with all the debris scattered throughout the years of my life, a ten year wedding anniversary ... kind of huge ... and kind of makes me REALLY HAPPY ... really deep inside ....

Kwan, Beckycan,
Yes EVOO is extra virgin olive oil, I think it is a Rachel Rayism ... I think that is where I heard it, my husband used to watch the cooking channel until we went vegan ....
anyway ... EVOO as you can tell BIG PART OF MY LIFE .... unfiltered like white bread and white rice blah blah unfiltered EVOO has much more nutrients ...

Day 31

SUCCESS

tuesday and today were really easy with food. I was just really busy and really did not think much about it all. Kind of like that.

B: yogurt, blueberries, eggs, soy sausage

L: mixed greens, carrots, tomatoes, black olives, avocado, and tofu and EVOO ... dayum ... they seemed to have stop carrying my fave brand of tofu at Jimbos what a disappointment ... this one is not so tasty.

D: bistro burgers

Blueskighs

Jamiebf

Congratulations!!

Post by Jamiebf » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:39 am

Hey Blueskighs,
congratulations on the 30 days on habit and the lost pounds. Fantastic job!! You are doing great. I had a failure today. Did good all day and tonght, 1:30am at work while working on my new menus I caved into a banana cream pie ice cream cone, one of my new flavors and to make it worse I put it is a fresh made waffle cone wit hot fudge. :shock: Yekes!! So I will pick myself up and move on. Day 25 will be back on track.

I am real happy for your progress, keep up the good habits :D

Take care
Jamie

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:21 pm

Hey Blue,

Congrats on the 30 and the 10 and the healthy weight loss! You are an inspiration!

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:54 am

Jamie and Resting52,

Thank you! I am so glad that No S is here and we are doing this together!
And Jamie, I cannot imagine what it would be like at a restaurant, especially making a delicious new flavor of ice cream at 1:30 am. The great thing is you got back on habit. Oh and me and my husband have a little "rule" if you are going to eat something you know that FOR WHATEVER REASON you think you shouldn't you better at least ENJOY IT! So I hope you ENJOYED that ice cream cone, it actually sounded kind of delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 32

SUCCESS

Today was probably the tuffest day I have had in a while. this morning and up until I ate my lunch and a little after I just pretty much wanted to EAT. I really believe it was become things have settle down and it was now to dive back into this project I had not been able to get to for a few weeks. There is just that inertia to overcome of getting into it again. ANYWAY once I bit the bullet ... funny thing was ... EAT? not now I'm busy :D goodness this can be a roller coaster ride!

B: yogurt, strawberries and walnuts ... picture on my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

L: indian brown rice with pea cauliflower and tofu curry

D: mixed greens, carrots, tomatoe, avocado, black olive, EVOO salad... been eating this a lot lately, planning to have another for lunch tomorrow ... love these, when we went to Italy a few years ago we were at this snack hahahha get it SNACK shop, anyway ... they made this lovely salad with everything but the avocado and tofu ... I LOVED IT ... I used to make it all the time ... but then I started adding avocado and tofu and made a meal out of it, when avocados are in season which they probably will be now until at least August ...can't wait for the Reeds, I eat a lot of them ...
probably from my days of being RAW!

Blueskighs

lola628

Post by lola628 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:36 am

Blue - You make a FINE looking bowl of yogurt!! i must try to make my yogurt look this way. Thanks for your awesome blog, I really love reading it every day.

Love, L

edited for typo

haganeedle

Post by haganeedle » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:51 am

Your breakfast looks so good........

Sounds like we kind of had the same day yesterday. Maybe it was the moon or something.....LOL...
No S start April 7, 2008 = 170 lbs.

irish

Post by irish » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:29 pm

Congratulations on your wieght loss and your sticking with it. I just finished reading your blog, and was really impressed. As an English teacher, I'd give you an Aplus, it's so well written.
I, too, have done many, many diets - I have a whole shelf full of diet books - but so far, find the nos to be the best yet. Even in a short time, (2 weeks) you feel somehow liberated from your bad eating habits, and you don't think about food all the time. (I would be planning my next meal while I was eating my current one.) I wish I could fast forward a year and that we would be congratulating each other on a year well done - let's make it happen!

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:42 pm

loved the yogurt and fruit-I do blueberries, yogurt, walnuts, and musli in the mornings. Maybe I should start taking pictures of my food! Last night I had weird sushi type stuff with my 24 year old. It was wonderful.

I second the cookbook idea.

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:46 am

Day 33

SUCCESS

B: eggs, yogurt, blueberries, tofu sausage

L: THE SALAD ... :D

D: yellow dal,

picture on blog today was actually yesterday's lunch: the curry ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 am

Lola, thank you thank you. that yogurt didn't just look good it tasted pretty good too .... of course when you are really hungry!
i love that you read the blog :oops:

haganeedle,
the moon, I think it was :)

irish,
I am with you on that ... let's keep this thing going it is wonderful. I am also curious about what life would like look a year from now ... even longer. So I definitely want to make that happen.
And it is so amazing how quickly NoS "takes effect", dramatic.
And what kind words about my blog. I really appreciated that. Thank You.

resting52,
I am glad ot hear that the weird sushi type stuff was wonderful. It sounds like fun. blueberries yogurt and walnuts with musli sounds delicious.
And I have found that taking pictures of food is kind of fun! :D

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:45 am

Day 34 and 35

SUCCESS

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday Dinner:
chickpea dip with pieces of fried naan
tofu spinach curry and indian brown rice
Vons German Chocolate Cake picture at blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Sunday Dinner:

Veggie Pizza from Z Pizza
Arugula Salad from Z Pizza picture at my blog www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
chocolate chip cookies and frozen peanut butter cups

It was a GREAT weekend, we got out and did some fun things.

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:14 pm

Hey Blue,

I think you are the BEST at picturing (for all of us) how wonderful eating the No S way can be. Your food is always so full of color and variety-I enjoy having to google to find out what these things are that you eat. They all look delicious.

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:38 am

resting52,

that is so sweet! thank you. I do love food and No S is helping me actually ENJOY it,

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:41 am

Day 36

SUCCESS

B: eggs, soy sausage, yogurt, blueberries, I am thinking this breakfast is too big, but maybe not. I DONT Know. Have not had the wherewithal to reduce the portions as of yet.

L: THE SALAD ....

D: leftover pea tofu cauliflower curry, with brown rice

another monday :evil: ... see my blog www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Blueskighs

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:46 am

I'd say if that is the breakfast you've been eating all along that you should stick with it. You did have a nice weight loss last month, right?[/list]

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:00 am

yes, i did.

However, I am aware that there is a possibility, as it says in the book, if you look at your plate and you think GEEZ this is too much, you might JUST BE RIGHT! :D

as Reinhard said on another thread:
There is no magic here. You lose weight on no-s because it's a shortcut to calorie restriction. If you somehow aren't eating less calories, then you won't lose weight. But on No-s it should be very obvious whether you are doing this. It should visually jump out at you. Do you feel like it is obvious?
and then he said this on another thread :wink:
You have good "mealing" habits down, and you see that your plates are excessive. The sight of this excess bothers you. This isn't a problem, this is great.
Yup, I am definitely going to consider cutting down the size of my breakfasts TODAY! you guys are great!

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:04 pm

blueskighs...I have to laugh at your inner willful child having it's monday temper tantrum :lol: But it's so true at the same time.

Thanks for sharing your blog with all of us, I love reading it. :D

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:01 am

OrganicGal,

it's nice to know someone else can relate! and thank you for reading the blog ... that is always appreciated!

Day 37

SUCCESS

After much hemming and hawing decided to focus on reducing my breakfast a bit, only breakfast and see how that feels, so....

B: yogury, blueberries, w/ezekiel cereal reduced yogurt and berries from 1 cup to 1/2 cup .... we shall see ... with the 1/2 cup ezekiel cereal it was enough ...

L: tofu sausage, green beans with EVOO, Italian style salad with greens, tomatoes, carrotsl, black olives and EVOO pics at my blog www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

D: yellow dal with cilantro,

pretty much it, today was a great reprieve from yesterday's inner torments :)

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 01, 2008 2:54 am

Day 38

SUCCESS

B: yogurt, blueberries, Ezekiel cereal ... new favorite

L: bistro burgers, green beans

D: home made rajma curry with salad ... photo at blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

good day. It's over,

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri May 02, 2008 12:48 am

Hey Blue,

I saw your new favorite was the Ezekiel cereal. Which one did you get?

Your food always looks so colorful.

Resting

lola628

Post by lola628 » Fri May 02, 2008 1:15 am

I love that Ezekial cereal too, I get the flax kind w/ almonds then mix it with Greek yogurt and a splash of soy. Sometimes I add a little honey because....it tastes better with a dash of honey.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 02, 2008 3:51 am

Resting, I think I get the plain ... the flax ... right now it is downstairs .. it is the BLUE BOX ...whatever flavor that is ...nice and crunchy huh ... :D

Lola
that is really interesting ... a splash of soy WOULD NOT HAVE occurred to me ... how does that taste?

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 02, 2008 3:56 am

Day 39

SUCCESS

B: bluebs, yogurt and ezekial cereal
L: tofu sausage, salad ... and finished off those green beans
D: pinto beans, corn bread muffin, and sauted chard and kale ... photo on my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

I was BUSY today ... all this stuff getting ready for our trip this weekend for our anniversary. Had to go buy a BATHING SUIT :D I survived ..I am still here... I actually LOVE the bathing suit .. the thighs NOT SO MUCH ..the rest is good though :) well definitely good enough.

Anyway, the young sales attendant or whatever you call them was extremely helpful and patient as I had to try on 3,000,000 sizes ... ah well, over done ... now just have to do laundry, pack ... can't wait until Saturday ...

taking NO S on the road .. well not so far, just up the road...

Blueskighs

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Fri May 02, 2008 3:33 pm

blueskighs wrote:D: pinto beans, corn bread muffin, and sauted chard and kale ... photo on my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
God did I drool over that blog pic. Beans are my favorite substance on earth, and I LOVE kale. Your beans look more like soup, though, I want the recipe.
I was BUSY today ... all this stuff getting ready for our trip this weekend for our anniversary. Had to go buy a BATHING SUIT :D I survived ..I am still here... I actually LOVE the bathing suit .. the thighs NOT SO MUCH ..the rest is good though :) well definitely good enough.

Anyway, the young sales attendant or whatever you call them was extremely helpful and patient as I had to try on 3,000,000 sizes ... ah well, over done ... now just have to do laundry, pack ... can't wait until Saturday ...
I'm not worried now since Bean and Landsend finally after 100 years developed the gym swimsuit, with a tank top and shorts. Like duh!

When I first lost weight I had the WORST elephant skin I'd ever seen. I almost considered plastic surgery (not that I could afford it, but I considered it). Now they just look like healthy old vegan hippie lady thighs, which is ok by me. Plus I'm at the stage where I don't CARE ANYMORE WHAT ANYONE THINKS. BITE ME, SLOWLY AND WITH VIGOR. :) :)

Have a nice trip!

f

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri May 02, 2008 5:24 pm

Have a great time on your anniversary trip.

Are you taking your camera so we can all vicariously enjoy your meals???

Resting

lola628

Post by lola628 » Fri May 02, 2008 7:13 pm

Blue - the splash of soy is so good!!! As you know the Ezekial is rather tree barky and the Greek yogurt is very thick -- this mixture with out the soy is too......paste like........the soy makes it wetter and gives it a nice flavor so it goes down more easily.

I hope you have a splendid weekend -- Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!

Love, L

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 03, 2008 5:15 am

fkwan,
yeah my pinto beans are variable :D it depends on how much liquid i put in the pressure cooker ... I didn't think I put that much last night ... but there they were all soupy! They tasted good and I just boat motor them to get the "broth" more thick.

I LOVE BEANS TOO! yesterday I found an Indian grocery next door and got new kinds of beans and lentils .. tonight I hard Urid Dal ... with Spinach. It was really yummy! I might as Flipturn suggests put some of these recipes up on my blog.

Yeah My thighs are kind of crepey... ah well ... it doesn't bother me like it used too. After a year of doing weights I do feel more comfortable in my body though.

Resting, Lola, Fkwan,
thank you for the good wishes for my anniversary! I am really looking forward and with NO S ... no stress ...!

and yes I am planning to spend the weekend unplugged but take my camera for food shots and then hopefully put those up on Monday or Tuesday in one fell swoop!

You guys are so great! I feel like I have this new group of really COOL friends.

Lola, I am going to get up the courage to try that yogurt and ezekial with soy, next week ... when you eat that is that all you eat for breakfast?

Everyone have a great weekend!

Blueskighs

Day 40

SUCCESS

B: bluebs, yogurt, ezekiel cereal
L: spicy thai salad from www.cilantrolive.com picture on my blog www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
D: urid dal with spinach ... this was a new thing and came out really delicious!

Since Monday is our official anniversary date, I will be taking that as NWS day .... whew three S days in a row ....

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D
Last edited by blueskighs on Mon May 19, 2008 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lola628

Post by lola628 » Sun May 04, 2008 12:04 pm

Blue -- You're COOL too!! I can't wait to see your new photos from your trip!

Yep, I pretty much just eat the Ezekial w/ greek yogurt and a splash of soy.....plus black tea or a cappuccino.

I've been eating WAY too much bread here in the Netherlands. When I get back to the US I'm cutting back on the toast and bready sandwiches, I don't know how the Dutch stay so slim, they eat bread at every single meal it seems.

Can't wait to hear about your trip! Love, L

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 08, 2008 12:47 am

Lola,

I am definitely going to try the Ezekiel and yogurt with soymilk ... in the fall :) when all of the berries are out of season!

but it sounds intriguing ...
our trip was really nice, yesterday was so depressing ..oy :D back to the "real world"
we went to the spa it is all back to nature and just a place we love to go and RELAX it is the only place I totally unplug.
we had a lot of fun and laughs and love ... also some really good food ..

NO S seems to work well on the road ... especially weekend trips!!!!!!!!

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 08, 2008 12:56 am

Day 41

SUCCESS

L/D:mina's macro bowl at native foods... picture at blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
chocolate chip cookies

Day 42

SUCCESS

B: Von's carrot cake, chai tea latter ... picture at www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

L/D: shared butter lettuce salad, grilled portabello mushroom
for moi specially prepared veggie tofu brown rice yummy dish .. pictures at www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Day 43 NWS DAY wedding anniversary

SUCCESS

B: bluebs, yogurt, ezekieal cereal ... picture at blog
chai tea latte

L/D: Very Voluptuous Veggie Pizza ... picture at blog
godiva chocolates

Day 44:

SUCCESS

B: scrambled eggs, tofu sausage
L: leftover rajma curry with brown rice
D: the salad!

Day 45:

SUCCESS

B:yogurt, bluebs, ezekiel cereal
L:Amy's samoza wrap with leftover Urid dal soup photo will be at blog :)
D: the salad!

My husband has requested salads and such at dinner this week ...

our anniversary trip was amazing .... it is no coincidence I have been very happily married to this man for the past ten years and grow ever more deeply in love each day ... life is good,

NO S really works for me, I am glad, thank you Reinhard,
and thank you to all of you on the boards who show so much love and support,

Blueskighs
Last edited by blueskighs on Fri May 09, 2008 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu May 08, 2008 1:29 am

Sounds like you had an awesome time blueskighs :) Glad to see you back on the boards too, I was actually getting worried about you.

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Thu May 08, 2008 2:10 am

Thank YOU Blue, you are such an upper and I would KILL for the pizza on your blog!!!! :)

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 09, 2008 3:31 am

fkwan,
I won't lie :D that pizza was just pretty much out of this world!
but you wouldn't have to kill for it, I would gladly share it with you!

OrganicGal,
thank you for worrying about me!
Two bunch is the only place I completley unplug and I was committed to sticking with that this trip. Unplugging completely for a few days is VERY NICE. I highly recommend!

DAY 46

SUCCESS

B: Scrambled eggs, tofu sausage
L: moong dal with brown rice and fresh cilantro
D: fresh veggies, spinach-avocado dip, baked tofu ... picture on my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

CANNOT beleive it is thursday! Oh my goodness this week has FLOWN by ... that means tomorrow is Friday ... Christmas Eve! YAY

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 10, 2008 5:17 am

Day 47

SUCCESS

B: ezekiel cereal, bluebs, and yogurt
L: moong dal with brown rice and fresh cilantro, peanut butter on whole grain crackers ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
D:tofu sausage, steamed green beans with EVOO, salad with mixed lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, black olives and EVOO

very good day today, had a very good day! It was pretty much a great week,

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun May 11, 2008 6:01 am

Day 48

SUCCESS

L/D: tempeh, squash and squash blossoms sauteed in EVOO
frozen peanut butter cups!

God I love those peanut butter cups!

It was just another good day. I need to be grateful they are starting to add up :) I got a really sweet mother's day card today from my husband's daughter ... it was really a surprise. It touched me and at the same time I felt uncomfortable. I have had so much loss in my own life sometimes I feel awkward when people reach out to me, like however I respond it won't be the right way. ANYWAY ... honestly, it felt really nice.

We have talked off and on the boards about there being something spritual about No S. I just can't help but think there is. After being pretty rigorous since I started seven short weeks ago things are just kind of opening up in my life in amazing ways... is this a coincidence. I tend to think not. I tend to think not.

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon May 12, 2008 3:26 am

Day 49

SUCCESS

B: I did it ... crazy jiggy dance with arms up in the air spinning in circles ... ONE DONUT :D chai tea latte

L/D: Black Olive & Cream Dim Sum ... recipe and phote at blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
chocolate chip cookies .... ok no jiggy dance here! :lol: still having two ... will take a few more weeks or months to get THAT down to one!

Lovely day,
Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Mon May 12, 2008 6:42 pm

Hey Blue,

Loved that last photo. YUM!

About the spiritual thing, I'm was thinking that we have so much more time freed up for other things instead of obsessing about the next thing we put, or don't put, in our mouths. Plus, in a sense, we have been set free from a life-sucking, destructive habit. I think the freedom allows us to realize that there is Something Special out there for us. I know I'm more at peace.

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue May 13, 2008 4:51 am

I think the freedom allows us to realize that there is Something Special out there for us.
resting 52, very well put. was that the black olive & cream dim sum, it was pretty good. My husband loves it. I am always a little shocked when he loves some of these "crazy" things I make :D

Day 50

SUCCESS

B: yogurt, bluebs, and ezekiel cereal
L: leftover moon dal with brown rice and fresh cilantro
D: the salad with tofu, avocado and black olives ....

it was Monday and what I really wanted was to eat seconds, sweets and snack ... BUT WHAT I REALLY REALLY WANTED was my chai's ... photo at blog... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com.

Ahhh .. but it's Monday, an N Day, so i didn't ... just got to work instead ... and finally somewhere along the way it all passed,

Blueskighs

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Tue May 13, 2008 11:56 am

blueskighs wrote:
Ahhh .. but it's Monday, an N Day, so i didn't ... just got to work instead ... and finally somewhere along the way it all passed.
Ain't it grand?!! :wink:
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed May 14, 2008 3:52 am

Jill,

yes it is ... when it passes and you wake up from being totally and completely absorbed in something other than food and eating ... it is definitely GRAND

Day 51

SUCCESS

B: yogurt, bluebs, ezekiel cereal
L: pbj on sprouted wheat bread, side salad with romaine, cucumbers, celtic sea salt and EVOO ... picture at blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
D: tofu sausage and steamed peas with same celtic sea salt, freshly ground pepper and EVOO

planning to take Memorial day as an NWS day,

Blueskighs

veganruthie

Post by veganruthie » Wed May 14, 2008 4:19 am

Blue ~

I was wondering how tall you are. :-) If I tried to weigh 115 I'd be pretty stick thin.

Ruthie
live simply so others may simply live

Writer110

Post by Writer110 » Wed May 14, 2008 5:44 pm

Blue,

Just saw your PM. I so hope I follow in your footsteps on this journey and feel the same way in a few weeks time! You're such an inspiration.

Moxie

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 15, 2008 3:43 am

veganruthie,

I was definitely a stick at 107 :D but at 115 I am kind of a curvy stick :lol:

anyway .. i'd be happy anywhere between 115 and 124.5

Moxie,
thank you

Day 52

SUCCESS

B: yogurt, bluebs, ezekiel
L: pbj with homemade bean and vegetable soup ... see picture at blog....www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
D: the salad with avocado, tofu and black olives and Amy's brown rice and tofu bowl.

I did manage to get my dinner all on one plate :D I think what happened is I am cycling with my food I have been on No S for this is my 8th week and I am getting tired of stuff, I think I am going to have to ditch THE SALAD for awhile, it is no longer satisfying. I am probably going to start eating sandwiches for a while instead of salads. I do this cycle in and out of different food preferences. Does anyone else?

Blueskighs

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Thu May 15, 2008 11:52 am

Hi Blue,

Yes, I see myself cycling with different foods too. I eat salads every day for lunch for a while, then I just have had it with them! Last night I made pizza because I have been serving the traditional meat and potatoes kind of meals for a while and I am tired of that. I just didn't want meat last night. So, we'll probably have pasta tonight, then maybe some fish the next night, and we'll see from there.
Jill

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu May 15, 2008 11:58 am

I do it too Blue! I just get tired of eating the same things all the time and like you said...then it's not satisfying any more. Time for a change. I need to start doing that with my lunches at work. They're not satisfying me any more as I'm eating the same thing every day.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 16, 2008 3:32 am

Jill and OrganicGal,

nice to know others go through the same thing. After realizing that I had had enough of the SALAD, i really enjoyed my food today!

Day 53

SUCCESS

B:yogurt, bluebs, ezekiel cereal
L:eggsalad sandwich, carrot sticks
D: Amy's blackeyed pea bowl, cashews ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

So I am going to used the extra $ that I am literallysaving from No S to pay for a personal trainer at my gym. I officially start tomorrow, I am so excited.

Blueskighs
Last edited by blueskighs on Sat May 17, 2008 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri May 16, 2008 11:54 am

Your goal sounds awesome...inspiring, Blue. You're right, that is another reason why none of us should be using the scale as our guide to our weight and health...or at least not as our ONLY method of measurement.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 17, 2008 5:01 am

OrganicGal thank you for your support! It is greatly appreciated. And yeah I guess I am really beginning to understand the limits of using the scale ... or as you say at least, just the scale.

Day 54

SUCCESS

B:bluebs, yogurt, ezekiel
L: pbj, mixed greens with cumcumber and EVOO
D: Amy's Brown Rice and Tofu bowl with Baked tofu ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Hmmm.. I am sensing a food rut coming on :D I cannot get to the Farmer's Market tomorrow so will have to make do next week. Oh well. I will definitely miss my blueberries may have to break down and buy some at the store ...

I have a REALLY busy but exciting and fun-packed day tomorrow. I swear I am functioning at a high(er) level and wrote about that on my blog tonight. I just feel really good about myself and my life ...

I just keep wanting to say thank you to Reinhard and all of you guys. I just feel like real changes are occuring and I am so grateful,

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND! and remember to

ENJOY
your S days,

Blueskighs

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Sat May 17, 2008 12:54 pm

Yeah, Blue! S days are here! Let's enjoy. Actually, if you read my daily, you'll see that I sort of started last night! :oops: But, it's okay. I am sure when Monday gets here, I'll be ready again. I'm with you on the gratitude point too.
Jill

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun May 18, 2008 6:21 am

Jill,

YessssssssssS!

They are here! And boy did I enjoy my chai tea lattes TODAY! yes special circumstances indulged in TWO

Day 55

SUCCESS

B: chai tea latte, just call me "one donut" girl :wink:

L:vegan fajita

SNACK: there's that extra chai ... was at a conference GREAT EXCUSE FOR A SECOND :D

D: Insalata al Balsimico, Lahanelle con Lenticchie (that's fancy for Salad with Balsalmic Dressing, and Lentil soup with herbed ribbon pasta ... actually THAT'S ITALIAN!) picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

I had a really FABULOUS day... truly, RED LETTER DAY
anyway .... now I am really tired, good night!

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon May 19, 2008 4:53 am

Day 56

SUCCESS

B: chai tea latte, one donut :D

L/D: homemade tofu spinach curry with brown rice
MONSTER TOLL HOUSE COOKIES ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

recovering from yesterday's whirlwind of activity and emotion.

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:58 pm

Blue,

You are always such an inspiration-and those cookies look fabulous!

What a great idea about the personal trainer!

Resting

fivesolas

Post by fivesolas » Tue May 20, 2008 12:51 am

blueskighs wrote:Day 56

SUCCESS

B: chai tea latte, one donut :D

L/D: homemade tofu spinach curry with brown rice
MONSTER TOLL HOUSE COOKIES ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

recovering from yesterday's whirlwind of activity and emotion.

Blueskighs
Boy, those cookies sure do look delicious! I might have to try that recipe someday...some n-day, that is.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue May 20, 2008 3:26 am

Resting,

they don't just look fabulous :wink: they were a big hit with my husband too... that always makes me feel good!

I appreciate your support about the personal trainer, I have done tons of different things through the years to get exercise but I just thought now that I am really saving so much money with NO S this is something I really have wanted to do. My next session is tomorrow! It is amazing how hard he works me. Much harder than I would ever think to challenge myself. I have left the last two times, the first being the intro, DRENCHED.

I guess it is also shocking to realize how much $$$$$$$ I have wasted on binging and overeating. THe savings are going to pay completely the cost of the trainer. Oy!

fivesolas,

thank you for stopping by, they were pretty good! they are also pretty easy to make!

Day 57

SUCCESS

B: bluebs, yogurt, ezekiela cereal ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com
L:pbj with romaine lettuce salad and dill pickles
D: Amy's Brown Rice and Tofu Bowl, Baked tofu

It was a much better Monday today and that was really nice. Things are kind of humming along. I think the effort that I have put into creating habit is actually starting to have some really big payoffs.

WHen I packed up my cookies and put the rest of them in the freezer, it seemed like the most natural thing in the world to do. Like why would you do anything else?
Finish them off? BINGE ON THEM? what a strange idea.... LOL

who is this woman .... toodootoodoootooodoooo (twilight zone music)
Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed May 21, 2008 4:14 am

Day 58

SUCCESS

B: blackberrys, yogurt, ezekiel cereal
L: curry egg salad sandwich, carrot sticks
D: Chargrilled veggie salad with tofu ... picture at my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

A great but VERY busy day. I will sleep good tonight. I had another session with my personal trainer today, he told me last friday he was going to work my legs and did he ever. But it was fun. He really does a lot of variety and it is very challenging. Once again I was pretty much dripping wet when we were done. He seems to get a kick out of the fact that I enjoy it so much!

Blueskighs