Jamiebf's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jamiebf

Jamiebf's check in

Post by Jamiebf » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:57 pm

Well this is day 7. I have done well so far. The first few days my meals were not as healthy as they should have been but I have followed the rules. I didn't go too crazy over the weekend and I asked my husband to hide the scales. I obsess way too much. I just would like to stop the diet obsessing and I believe this plan can help me do that. Thanks for all the support.

Jamiebf

Day 8

Post by Jamiebf » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:59 pm

Here I am starting day 8! I am excited that I have had no bad days. I will check in after work.

Jamiebf

Day 8

Post by Jamiebf » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:40 am

Well I have completed day 8 and I am ready for bed. I did great today and feel so free. I had total control and was not thinking about food all day just at meal times. I didn't overfill my plate and ate enough to be satisfied. I am on track with my exercise and feel good about that. I am looking forward to day 9. " :D Goodnight moon."

Jamiebf

day 9

Post by Jamiebf » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:03 pm

Today is day nine, I am still sick with this cold. Thought I was getting better but I still don't feel great. I will stick to my plan today and if I feel better as the day wears on I will try to exercise tonight after work. If not I will call this a yellow day for exercise since I have been ahead of my goals for this week. Here's to another great nosday.

Jamiebf

day 10

Post by Jamiebf » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:14 am

I just realized this has been day 10 for me. I started on the 1st. I did great all day on my first day but then cheated late at night. However that was still my first day. So I have completed 10 days with the first being a failure sort of. So tomorrow is day 11 and I am feeling great about this whole plan.
Good night moon :D

Jamiebf

Day 11 great

Post by Jamiebf » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:02 am

I just completed day 11 and I am still amazed that I am not having a problem. sometimes I think I need to cut down to speed up weight loss but I have to tell myself I am diet obsessing again. I am eating reasonble meals and my plates are not over filled. I am very happy with my progress of forming new great habits. Tomorrow is Sday and I am looking forward to it.
Goodnight Moon

Jamiebf

Completed day 13 14

Post by Jamiebf » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:53 am

Day 13 is done, and today 14 was another good day. I am still doing well and the eating is right on track. I am hoping to get all my exercise in this week. My sister had a hip replacement and that is my priority this week. I will stick to nosing and try to work out when I can.

Jamiebf

Day 16

Post by Jamiebf » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:28 am

This is day 16 and I am still right on track. Still love this diet. I am having no trouble following the rules. Soon I will be in the 21 club!!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:17 am

YES YOU WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and congratulations on day 16! You are doing great!

Bluekskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Jamiebf

Thanks

Post by Jamiebf » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:10 am

Thanks Blueskighs,
I believe I will make 21 and then 21 again and again. Today is day 17 and I am doing great. Still loving this diet. Felt fat today, not sure why but I have to tell myself no obsessing is worth the wait to be the size I need to be.

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi Jamie!

Buffalo Gal here! You are doing great especially with so much temptation all around you!

I cannot wait until I get to 21 (day 12 for me).

Hang in there and have a great S weekend :P

Debbie (Buffalo Gal)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Jamiebf

Hi Debbie

Post by Jamiebf » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:12 pm

Thanks Debbie,
You will get to 21. I can't believe it is day 18 for me. I will enjoy my caujun fish tonight. It is a long time between lunch and dinner on Fridays because we are so busy at the restaurant that I never eat before 8 or 9. However I will do just fine. Enjoy your sday weedend :)

Jamiebf

day 19

Post by Jamiebf » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:06 am

Today is day 19. for this day of sday I had a healthy breakfast, no lunch because I got busy spring cleaning outside, Beautiful day in NY and a yummy dinner of pork loin, potato, asparigus. I did have a few chips today and a cookie but I did feel in control. I am so happy with this diet that I feel I am successful everyday. I am almost to 21 and I am thrilled. My habitcal looks good for April. Only one red and that was the first day. I had a sick week for exercise but for eating I am doing great. :D Good job ME! :lol:

Jamiebf

Day 20

Post by Jamiebf » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:52 am

This completes day 20. I felt my S weekend went well until late last night. I ate more that I should have but the worst part is I began obsessing again. So I will be happy to start day 21 tomorrow. To a fresh new week back in control. For now Goodnight moon. :)

Jamiebf

21 days

Post by Jamiebf » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:48 am

I did it, 21 successful days on habit. Although I do not feel thinner, I know I have been enjoying food and not beating myself up all the time for failing. I still have my moments of old feeling but with the support on this site I get through. So on to the next 21 days. Today I made much healthier food choices and I feel good about that. I also made 75 tubs of ice cream and didn't eat any of it. On to the next 21 days!!
Good night moon

Jamiebf

Day 22

Post by Jamiebf » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:30 am

Day 22 was good.

I made better food choices for my meals and I am happy with them. I will look forward to another successful day tomorrow.
Goodnight moon.

Jamiebf

Day 24

Post by Jamiebf » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:31 am

Big Failure!!
I am not sure why but I did great all day then at 1:30am while working late to finish new menus I just had to eat my new creation, Banana cream pie ice cream in a freshly made waffle cone, what the heck. So day 24 is a failure and I will recover. I did workout today but am not happy with that food choice. So day 25 will be better.
goodnight moon

Jamiebf

Today is day 24

Post by Jamiebf » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:41 am

So today was better than yesterday but I still failed. I ate some ice cream again, just a bit but still a fail. So I am not giving up I need to get back on track. I am still working out and eating my 3 meals. It is this late night working that is killing me. All alone in this big restaurant with all this food calling out to me. Oh well I am caught up now and don't expect to be working late again for a bit so I will move past this. I can't quit the nsdiet because it is a new way of life for me so each day is a fresh start.

Jamiebf

Day 25

Post by Jamiebf » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:39 pm

Day 25 was very bad. The worst of it is not that I ate whatever, whenever I wanted but that I began to tell myself that this does not work for me as I stuffed my face all day. I came home from work angry at myself and depressed. Feeling that old feeling of failure. So after making it to 21 day on point now I have three red failures on my habitcal. After a pep talk from my husband last night I believe I am ready to move on. So for my S days I will try to let myself out of the diet cage again and remember this is about habit building, pure and simple. So today is day 26, no more depression and anger, today is a great day :)

Jamiebf

Day 27

Post by Jamiebf » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:47 am

Day 27, an S day. Thats it just another S day, ate too much at times but not the whole weekend. I did good with my workouts so success there. Tomorrow I begin another week of no S days and I am looking forward to a great week.
Good night moon :)

Jamiebf

Post by Jamiebf » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:56 am

Monday day 28
Success
All green on all three charts. I did great and made all healthy food choices today. One day at a time.
Goodnight moon :)

JD4

Post by JD4 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:58 am

Sounds like you're back into a good groove there. Keep it up!

Jamiebf

day 30

Post by Jamiebf » Thu May 01, 2008 1:14 am

Well it is day 30. I did great until I decided I just had to have a few tastes of ice cream I made today. It wasn't much but still a failure. So I put a red on my habitcal. However i will say I had a success because I didn't say oh well and start stuffing my face. Exercise is right on habit. So tomorrow will be a better day I am still :) with me.

Jamiebf

day 31 for me

Post by Jamiebf » Fri May 02, 2008 12:20 am

:? Yep, day 31 and another failure. Not bad, ate all my meals, made good food choices then I ate some chocolate. What is up with me. I will keep trying to get on track. What is strange is I am not angry, sad, frustrated but almost indifferent. That can't be good. I am in need of some rest, very, very tired. So again I will continue to try.

Jamiebf

Post by Jamiebf » Sat May 03, 2008 4:58 am

Well another failure, I am not sure what my problem is. Tomorrow is an s day and I don't know what will happen Monday.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 03, 2008 5:01 am

Jamie,

sounds like you are having some tough days. glad you are hanging in there. ENJOY your weekend and keep going on Monday,

Blueskighs

Jamiebf

Post by Jamiebf » Sat May 03, 2008 5:07 am

I am here again, day 32, I did so good until day 23. Now I feel as if I have failed one more thing I was trying to do. I keep reading all the posts and hope it will make a difference but each day I fail on habit. I really am not sure if I can get myself back on track. I loved the feeling of freedom I felt in the beginning but I am not sure what is happening. :(

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 03, 2008 5:20 am

I loved the feeling of freedom I felt in the beginning
one of the things that really drew me in, when I read some of the testimonials, was that they spoke of really enjoying their food.

Right now you have more days On Habit than you have off... just start putting those links in the chain together... ENJOY this weekend and monday just think about Monday ... don't think about any other day ... then just do it! :D you will feel better when you get another N day under your belt and then start adding those links.

Don't jump ahead of yourself and call this a failure. Ok?

Blueskighs

Jamiebf

Post by Jamiebf » Sat May 03, 2008 5:33 am

Thanks Blue, I am feeling like I am slipping down one more slope of diet failure. I want instant results and feel I can't even stick to this great plan. I am eating without even thinking sometimes. It isn't a lot of food but not on habit. Then I tell myself I will do Michael Thurman again for awhile, but who am I kidding. I won't stick to that either. I am so angry because most of the clothes I bought last summer after I lost my weight do not fit me now. I got rid of most of my bigger clothes so I don't have much to wear. Oh I am so mad at myself for letting this happen again. I was so happy on this plan then I do not know what happened. I am angry about all the red on my HabitCal. It looked so good foe a while. Thank you for your advice. I will try to do that on Monday.

Have a wonderful anniversary.
Jamie

tdd_fsj

Post by tdd_fsj » Sat May 03, 2008 6:20 am

Don't feel bad about having some failures along the way. I often find myself standing in the kitchen with the cupboard door open and not realizing that I was even doing it. The way I see it, I took a long time to develop my bad habits and it is going to take awhile to create new and better habits.

Be happy with the success you have had and don't dwell on the few failures. Enjoy the weekend and have a great success day on Monday!

Tink

Post by Tink » Sat May 03, 2008 1:17 pm

Jamie old habits die hard so please don't feel like a failure, you are learning new habits and that takes time.Enjoy the weekend and remember, just take it one day at time.
A creature of habit; the No S habit!!!!

Terez

Post by Terez » Sat May 03, 2008 4:29 pm

Jamie,

Since sweets seem to be the downfall (if I'm reading your posts right), you may want to consider a week of no snacks and no seconds -- and allowing yourself up to one sweet a day. That way you'll get a green even if you have one sweet, yet you won't be obligated to have a sweet.

I've been having a lot of N-day meals with french fries, and I'm telling myself that I'm building a habit, that one point of this is not to obsess so I'm not going to obsess, AND I've been reminding myself that I'd be eating way worse if I were not on the No-S plan.

BTW, I appreciate that you're posting and hanging in there with this, and not just walking away when the going got tough.

Terez

JD4

Post by JD4 » Mon May 05, 2008 5:38 am

Hang in there, Jamie! I think getting frustrated about weight gain or not losing weight also sometimes pushes people toward self-sabatoge or giving up. It seems contradictory, but I know I do it and have seen others do it too with various plans/diets, and of course it becomes a bad cycle. The only answers I can think of for that one are patience and a bit of self-forgiveness, which are both easier said than done. Some of the concrete suggestions people have already given you about easing back into the NoS habit and getting some more green days under your belt sound like they might be really helpful though.