Mama V Count down

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mama V

Mama V Count down

Post by Mama V » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:52 pm

Well day one is over and I stuck to my word. I lost 1/2 a lb. in 24 hrs. That is a start, I usually go up. I also went for a drive today and bought the book at Chapters. Seeing as it is Friday, and tomorrow is a S day, I am waiting to see how I do on those days. I'm wishing myself luck. Be back after the weekend, Or I should say the next two S days.

Mama V

Daily Check In

Post by Mama V » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:48 am

I thought I had better Check in and not wait until the weekend was over.
I did ok. I only had a sweet at my snack time, Mid afternoon with tea and no sugar. I also mad a rule to myself to only wiegh myself once a week. I know I might have a struggle with this as I like to do it every day. Day two is over now for me and it is my first S day.

Brenda

sweetsong32

Post by sweetsong32 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:14 am

Welcome Mama V. Congrats on your successful 1st day!

:-)

Mama V

Checking In

Post by Mama V » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:16 pm

It is day 6 and I have been doing ok, until today. A fresh bag of homemade chips was brought into the house and I had 4 chips. I'm not going to put myself down, but I will start over right now. I need to date my notes, because I think it will help me in keeping track. So from here on in, I will start my checking with a date.

Mama V

Checking in

Post by Mama V » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:17 pm

Apr. 15, 08. As time goes on in this day it can only get better !!!

Mama V

Post by Mama V » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:44 pm

:? Apr. 21/08 not doing well. starting over again. Hoping I can do this.

Mama V

Checking in

Post by Mama V » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Apr. 24, 08 I'm having trouble doing this. I have no control/or I do not use control. Before I know it I am putting a choc. in my mouth and then realize it is not a S day. Everyday is a new start. Every morning I start again. Thank God I have a place to say what I am doing so that I can see it on paper and know that someone else might read it.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:49 pm

What do you think are some things that might make you more conscious of what you're doing?

Rebehaving can be a challenge, yes. It's sometimes helpful to assess what's going on.

Are you eating big enough meals?

Are there visual triggers/habits you could change (classic: put food out of sight)?

Do you have habits that are comfort rituals?

Mama V

Checking in

Post by Mama V » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:00 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I went out yesterday with my sister and she was passing around the choc. and I took one without thinking. It was after I thought "oh, it is not a s-day". I didn't get home until 8 pm and I had not had supper. So I ate BIG and I was uncomfortable. Like I said earlier. Today is a new day.

Thanks again
Brenda