OrganicGal's Daily posts :)

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Tue May 27, 2008 8:03 pm

OrganicGal wrote:So, in a small way...I have to thank you
BrightAngel..even though I wanted to slap you... :lol:
OrganicGal,
I totally understand those feelings
If you've read anything about me and my history...
(you might read what I wrote in my check-in today)
you can see that I have to work very hard to face Reality,
....and despite my history, and my current maintenance of about a 156 lb weight loss.....,
from weighing 271 lbs down to weighing 115 lbs,
my problems with overeating have not been solved.
It's still one-day-at-a-time for me.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue May 27, 2008 8:47 pm

Thanks for understanding BrightAngel. :)

I think I am going to start over tomorrow with a NEW 21 day goal. This time, not only am I going to achieve 21 days....but they will be ALL green & yellow days, and they will be green/yellow ONLY if I am actually eating the No S way with moderate portions!!!!!

For now, I will end today (later) on a positive note, in that I will eat a moderate dinner, one plate, one level....no 2nds, no (more) sweets and no snacks.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Tue May 27, 2008 10:26 pm

Good for you, OG!!
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Wed May 28, 2008 3:51 am

I have also decided (and have done so) to remove all of my old Habitcals and start tomorrow (wed. the 28th) with new ones titled: New21dayHabit, new21dayNoScale and new21dayMwP.

This gives me a fresh start, with no negatives to look back at. Just positives from here on out. :)

I am going to work vanilla No S with a strong focus on portions, a strong focus on MwP M-F for at least 14mins. and a strong focus on how my body feels and my clothes fit, rather then on a number on an unreliable piece of machinery.

My 21 days goals will be to achieve:
No S with only green and yellow squares,
No Scale with only green squares, and
MwP with all green squares M-F, yellow on weekends....but hopefully some green on weekends too.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

OrganicGal

NEW START DAY 1...

Post by OrganicGal » Wed May 28, 2008 11:37 am

No Scale....SUCCESS
MwP.....SUCCESS 20min. walk

Time for breakfast and a shower.
B- 2 eggs, one slice of 7 grain toast with butter.

I've been thinking a lot about a lot of things in the last few weeks or so, and I've been wondering about eating portion/calorie controlled meals like Amy's Vegetarian ones (because I don't like the quality of and additives in other brands). My reluctance to eat even Amy's has stemmed from the fact that I won't use a microwave (reasons are my own). But I was just reading the heating instructions on the Amy's and it gives you toaster oven directions. I like that...I can buy a toaster oven for about $40, and even though it takes longer to 'cook' then a microwave, I'm ok with that. I've got all day at my store to 'cook' my lunch. If I add a piece of fruit to those meals, then I'm sure I will be fine until dinner time. So tonight it is toaster oven shopping time. :)

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Wed May 28, 2008 11:12 pm

So, I bought a toaster oven and a bunch of Amy's meals are now resting comfortably in my freezer. :)

I have been tracking my calories today, to use as a learning tool when it comes to portions and calories in general. It is not something I plan on doing long term, or even every day. That would drive me nuts and I would end up back where I was before No S.

So, today: B- 287 calories
L- 340 calories
D- 729 calories
Total: 1356

That doesn't seem like enough and I may find myself hungry later, but I will deal with that by drinking lots of water and distracting myself, because I want to get a good handle on eating better portions and even healthier then I already do.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Thu May 29, 2008 12:43 am

Good plan.
If you want to personal message me with your height, weight, and age,
I'll run those individual burn numbers for you,
so you can to figure out your ideal calorie goal.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 29, 2008 1:45 am

OrganicGal,

Hugs! Your stress is very real. I encourage you to be NICE to yourself.
The one thing is this, you have spent a lot of time building habit .. don't burn those bridges, let the habit you have already worked on so hard to build to support you.

Aren't you also selling your house?

THAT IS SO MUCH.

Can you keep things simple with your food?

Sending you lots of good thoughts and vibes. You can get through this. We are all hear to support you!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

OrganicGal

new start day 2

Post by OrganicGal » Thu May 29, 2008 11:48 am

Thanks blueskighs and BrightAngel for your support. :) Yes I am getting my house ready to sell, plus trying to make a success of my store which is solid but not growing right now. That is where all my stress is coming from. I am in danger of losing it.

No Scale: SUCCESS
MwP: SUCCESS 20min. walk
No S: FAILURE*see my post below*

B- 317 calories
L- 341 calories
D- 746.5 calories
Total: 1404.5
Last edited by OrganicGal on Fri May 30, 2008 3:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:23 pm

That is a lot on your plate-I mean the stressful things. Wonderful for all the insight you've gained.

I wish we had an easy button to push to make us feel better so we wouldn't want to solve it with food. I guess a big problem is that food just works so well, so quickly, and is so available. Is it hard to have the grocery store and not graze?

Prayers to you to sell the house and build the store.

Resting

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri May 30, 2008 12:58 am

ah CRAP!!!!! I have to give myself a red square after all on my new No S Habitcal. Tonight was my boyfriends last night for this week with his kids and he promised them we would go out for ice cream and I caved and had a small Dairy Queen plain ice cream cone....but that just cost me 240 extra calories!!!! And of course a red square...so now I have to start my 21 days over again tomorrow. *sigh*

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Fri May 30, 2008 1:05 am

OrganicGal,
It's hard to get 21 successful No S days in a row.
Once I made 16, but since then I've been lucky to get just a few in a row,
before I have a screw-up.
However, I am seeing great improvement in my no-snacking ability,
so maybe we can get the No-Snacking Habit, even with some imperfect days.

OrganicGal

new start 3 and 1....

Post by OrganicGal » Fri May 30, 2008 11:37 am

Day 3 for MwP and No Scale, day 1 for No S.

Mwp: SUCCESS 20min. walk
No S: SUCCESS

B- 300 calories
L- 315
D- 760
Total- 1375 nice :)

I just realized that even with that DQ last night I was still within my daily calorie range (by 4 calories...lol)....so that makes me feel better...and even more steadfast in my goals. :)

OrganicGal

new start day 4...

Post by OrganicGal » Sat May 31, 2008 10:28 am

Getting ready for the Wellness Expo...check in later

MwP: SUCCESS (exception day + I'll be getting enuf @ the Expo)

Calories:
B-387
L- 127
D- went out for dinner..didn't overeat...no dessert...but had popcorn and choc. at movies.
Got lots of exercise with all the stuff I had to move in and out of the car today. It took me about 40 mins of constant carrying and walking from the car inside to my table at the Expo and back again in the morning (in the pouring rain of course :? ), plus about the same at the end of the day....again in the rain...arrgh! As well as standing almost constantly for the 6 hours of the Expo!
Last edited by OrganicGal on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OrganicGal

new start day 5...

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Well, already got in some MwP for today..but going for a bike ride later...which will be what really counts.

MwP: SUCCESS

B- 387
L- 72...just had an apple on our bike ride & a late breakfast.
D- didn't calculate...but not too big...and boy was it yummy!
S- 95

Still stressed about my store, but I now know I have only 2 choices. So depending on what my landlord says when I talk to him on Monday, I'll either be working for a positive, but still risky change, or going out of business probably within a month. Until tomorrow...it's out of my hands, so gonna try not to think about it too much today.

Went for a 70min. bike ride today with b-friend. Including a few miles in top gear :shock: Never ever done that before! About 10 miles each way. :)
Last edited by OrganicGal on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:02 pm

OrganicGal,

good luck with your store stuff, and great job on hangin in there,

Blueskighs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:37 pm

Just was wondering, how did your wellness convention go?
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

OrganicGal

new start day 6...

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:21 pm

Thank you very much blue and Catholic for your concerns & good thoughts. The Wellness expo went pretty well....made a bit of money, but the most important thing...exposure/getting my name out there will be hopefully seen from here on out. Handed out a fair number of fridge magnets, business cards and flyers...so we'll see.
Will be talking to the landlord today sometime...and then I'll know.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS did about 9miles on the bike 2nite!!

B- 387
L- 332
D- 756
TOTAL: 1475
Forgot to bring my nice leftover steak & salad for my lunch, but no worries, I've got lots of Amy's meals here and fruit of course.

B-friend and I are planning to go for a bike ride before or after dinner. I would prefer before, don't like exercising on a full stomach.

OrganicGal

new start day 7...

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:21 pm

OMG! On the bike ride last night, because we were later getting started then planned, due to a bit of difficulties putting a new seat on my bike; all the way out and back on the trail we were pelted with little black bugs in the face....EEEEWWWW! Thank goodness for sunglasses, but I did manage to swallow a few....ugh! :shock: I think they were black flies, and just as we finished up, the mosquitos were coming out. I hate them!!!
But hey the ride was great otherwise. I sure felt good after.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS Got in 22 min. walk by myself

B- 387
L- 372
D- Went out for dinner, but did ok.

Spoke briefly to the landlord on the phone yesterday, told him what I want, but we'll have to meet to discuss, so hopefully he'll be coming here on Thurs. So, I'm putting my stress and worry on the back burner for now, and carrying on with life.
Also had a store owner down the plaza a ways that is interested in switching with me...and other good details about it, that should make it work out really well. So, I'm quietly hopeful and keeping my fingers crossed.

OrganicGal

new start day 7...

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:08 pm

I'm feeling more positive about things now for my store and for my MwP Habit....which is the hardest one for me. Last night I told my b-friend all about No S...he thought it made sense. Not sure if he agrees with all of it, but I do know he is and will be supportive of whatever I want to do. :)

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS Great 40min walk 2 nite.

B-270
L- 382
D- Had dinner very late...10pm-ish, salad and grilled cheese.

My niece is wanting my financial help with a (once in a lifetime) school trip, and my daughter is also wanting some financial help from the Bank of Mom. Not sure how much she wants or why, we'll talk about it today or on the weekend. *sigh* My nature is automatically to say yes, but I'm not actually a bank...so I'll have to see.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:43 am

OrganicGal,

glad to hear you are feeling more postive about your store ....
and just my 2 cents worth ... uh ...
no you are not a bank :D

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

day 8....new start

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:21 pm

You're right blue....I am not a bank! :? But I am also a very giving person...of my time, my money, my love and my knowledge & support. So that's my dilemma. Oh, well...I'm still thinking about it.

Today:

B- 375
L- 362
D- Didn't calculate...as didn't get dinner (out) until after 9pm.

Not sure when I'm gonna get dinner tonight, as my b-friend & I are going to a dance recital/show of his daughters right at 6pm-ish. Not sure how long it will last, and I'd like to get in a walk 2nite, plus dinner, then bed. :shock:

Spoke f2f with the landlord yesterday, he is giving me a break on my rent for the next 3 months, and said to go ahead and see about switching units with another tenant, that he is fine with it. So, if I can work it out with another tenant, or if it happens that he takes the other large unit that is becoming available in July, then I can still take his unit. Sooooo, I think it's all gonna work out. The sooner the better though.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:46 am

OrganicGal,

sounds like you are making some headway with your store! COOL!

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

day 9...new start

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:32 am

I'm sooooooooooooooooo tired!! This working for a living is a drag...lol!

Thought I had eggs etc. in the house and I don't...so no breakfast right away for me.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 30min. walk this morning. Didn't want to...but soooo glad I did. :D
No S:

B- 260
L- 272
D-
NOTE*Might take today As an S (as in S-ick) day because of TOM. I'm not feeling well....and might not eat proper meals. Hard to do that when you feel like you're gonna hurl...ugh!*
Last edited by OrganicGal on Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:55 am

Isn't business fun?????

I've learned more about business in the years since we started than I ever thought I'd know. Kinda makes me wish I had taken business in school instead of nursing. Oh well, it all shakes out.

Hope you get the floor space you need. Isn't overhead the most "wonderful" thing? Great for the landlord to give you a break.

By the way, why don't you microwave???

Resting

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi resting! Yes I've sure learned fast and furiously in the 3 1/2 months since I opened my store, never mind what I learned just getting it set up and started. :shock:

I'll know hopefully early next week if the space situation is gonna work out. Plus I think I need to do my first inventory, because I know right now it's out of wack and I don't really know what I have in my store.

As for the microwave...I don't use it anymore...even just for re-heating as I believe that it destroys all the nutrients in your food. Even though 'they' tell us that it's 'safe', I don't trust 'them' anymore. Since I've been eating more and more organic and really researching stuff, I've learned that the 'experts' aren't so expert and that of course big business and the government (which is controlled by big business) and yes even the medical system will lie to us if it means more money in their pockets. Just my opinion, but I truly believe and trust in what I'm saying.
*I don't have a specific link for you Resting, but just Google...'microwaves and their effect on food' and you will get plenty of responses.*

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:01 pm

HOLY COW!!! I just looked at the calories on the lovely creamy delicious glass of Organic chocolate milk that I love so much, and it is 200 calories per 8oz glass!! Moooooooo :shock:

So after seeing that, I won't be drinking that anymore except as an S day treat. I have been noticing for me, that it is to easy to drink that and justify it as ok by No S standards, but not when it's becoming a gateway drink for me.

OrganicGal

end of day 9...

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:59 am

Had a homemade hamburger on a whole wheat bun, and a handful of chips for dinner...no 2nds, no sweets. Not even any fruit for dessert.

Went for another walk....50min. with my b-friend and his son to the video store and back. Not a super fast walk but not a stroll either. Really enjoyed it.

Tired and time for bed. *yawn*

OrganicGal

new start day 11...

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:38 pm

Gonna be another hot humid day here. Which means business will probably be slow. Ugh!

Today:
No Scale: was very tempted to step on today..because I feel better & like I might have lost a few pounds since I committed to my Mwp, BUT I resisted so: SUCCESS
MwP: SUCCESS 45min. bike ride, lots of hills!
No S: SUCCESS(I'm using orange because you can see it better then yellow).

B- 205
L- 312
D- roast beef, asparagus & potatoes.

On the bike ride with b-friend & his son, I fell at one point, didn't hurt myself, but the scare along with my exercise induced asthma created a bit of a panic in me and I had trouble breathing for a couple of mins. but was able to calm down and get my breath back after I caught up to my b-friend. I hate that feeling of not being able to breathe. It's very hard not to panic when you can't breathe even though you know it doesn't help to panic.

OrganicGal

new start day 12....

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:34 pm

Stupid Cat!!!! Kept waking me up early this morning because I had my window open and he wanted to get on the sill so he could see outside...AAARRRGH!
Not sure of my plans for today...will be getting together with my daughter later this afternoon, but not sure what I'm gonna do this morning. Could do laundry or go over to my store and do inventory, but I don't much feel like doing either.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS Did 40min. of lawn mowing..whew am I ever hot...cooling down before I hop in the shower. Will hopefully do something else exercise-wise tonight too. No S: SUCCESS (again I'm using orange cause you can see it better).

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:26 pm

Stupid Cat!!!! Kept waking me up early this morning because I had my window open and he wanted to get on the sill so he could see outside...AAARRRGH!
OH MY GOSH! that is so funny! We had our window open last night and my kitty was up and frisky this morning too! At 5:30, no less!
I am with you on this one ....AAARRRGH! :D

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

day 13.....

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:35 pm

Well...I've been doing lots of thinking and looking at financials over the weekend...and I've come to the only conclusion I feel I can. I'm going to have to close my store, probably I'll be done by Aug. 1st. *sigh*

I'm very sad, feeling lots of things really. Not sure what to do with myself. *sigh*

Today:
MwP: FAILURE

B- 395
L- 272
D-
Last edited by OrganicGal on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:30 pm

OrganicGal,

so sad :(

Blueskighs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:03 pm

I am so sad for you. :cry: I understand, and I think you will go through a mourning process and go ahead, you are closing a part of your life and that is like losing someone precious. Will keep you in prayer. God BLess.

OrganicGal

DAY 14....

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:44 am

Thanks blue and Cajun for your thoughts. I really appreciate them.

Had to mark a failure on my MwP last night, as I didn't get any exercise. But considering everything that's going on, I'm able to stick to the No S habit, so that is comforting.

I will be achieving my MwP today (tonight actually), as my b-friend is away for the evening, so it will be easy for me to just pick my time and go.

Today: Gonna give myself a break from tracking the calories. I'm just too tired and stressed.

MwP: SUCCESS 45min. on the treadmill, 1/2 of that at 4.5% incline. The whole thing at 3.5 miles per hour.

OrganicGal

DAY 15.....

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:29 pm

Today is a bit cooler out, quite lovely actually. I love this weather, not when it's to hot & humid.

Today:
MwP: Giving myself an exempt day today, as I have a seminar 2nite in my store, so won't have time for anything....unless it's really late...so I'll say SUCCESS

After a fairly good day like yesterday (in my store), and probably today/tonight (because of the seminar), I want to re-think my decision about my store. I'm just afraid I'm beating a dead horse. Man, I'm confused, sad, hopeful, tired, stressed, scared, all at the same time.
Last edited by OrganicGal on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:57 pm

I want to re-think my decision about my store. I'm just afraid I'm beating a dead horse. Man, I'm confused, sad, hopeful, tired, stressed, scared, all at the same time.
I don't think you are beating a dead horse, this is a big deal, give yourself the opportunity to make the best decision that you can, it makes sense that it is also hugely emotional!!!!!!!!!!

hope your seminar goes well tonight and have a great S day!

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:13 pm

Thanks Blue.....what I meant about the dead horse thing, is if I go to the trouble & more importantly expense of moving and renovating a new (smaller) store in the plaza, and it doesn't work...which I currently feel is the situation, then I have beaten a dead horse...tried to make it run when it is dead. Ugh! And I will have caused myself much more stress and much more financial hardship to do it.
Part of the problem to is that to move to a smaller spot entails someone else in the plaze moving to a bigger spot...either mine or another one that becomes available the middle of July, so that decision, although approved by the landlord, is out of my hands and relies on someone else making the decision.

But hey, at least I know my seminar will be fun tonight, and that I am successfully No S-ing through it all. :)

CatholicCajun

Re: DAY 15.....

Post by CatholicCajun » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:35 pm

OrganicGal wrote:Today is a bit cooler out, quite lovely actually. I love this weather, not when it's to hot & humid.
quote]

Send me some of that weather! Here the temperatue and the humidity is just about the same!!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:10 am

if I go to the trouble & more importantly expense of moving and renovating a new (smaller) store in the plaza, and it doesn't work...which I currently feel is the situation, then I have beaten a dead horse...tried to make it run when it is dead. Ugh! And I will have caused myself much more stress and much more financial hardship to do it.

ooooooooooooooh!

Now I understand what you are saying :D

definitely a hard choice and it is FANTASTIC that you are Nosing through it all! That has got to help some!

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

DAY 16...

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Thanks blue. Still not sure what's gonna happen. My b-friends marketing guy was here last night, but because of my seminar going on, I wasn't able to talk to him, so he's gonna drop by in the next few days to chat. Who knows, he might have the perfect idea on how to make things work. I guess I'm in for more waiting....ugh...I am not the most patient person. :?

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 40min. walk...lots of hills
Definitely gonna get some exercise tonight, I really need the stress release it brings.

Not counting calories, but being very conscious of how much I'm eating/portion sizes.
Last edited by OrganicGal on Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:46 pm

OG, hang in there! This will all be settled in, what?, a couple of months? What does that amount to in the course of the rest of your life? One thing I do with my daughter (and myself) is ask what's the worst that can happen? And if that happens, then what? Just having some answers in place helps. And always keep in mind that the worst rarely ever happens. :wink:
Jill

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:10 pm

Thanks Jill...what you said makes a lot of sense. Here is what I see as being the worst that could happen:

My business goes under....I sell off everything I can to keep as much money to pay off debt as I can
My business goes under and the landlord sues me for the rest of the lease/rental money...could be as much as $40, 000.....but would probably be less.
My business goes under but the landlord doesn't sue me...and I have enough food to last me months and months as well as selling it to friends and family.
My business goes under and I get a 'regular' job...perhaps in something I've never tried before.
My business goes under and I find another idea to try on my own.
My business goes under and I work and go back to school.

When I look at that 'on paper' nothing seems to bad...certainly one way or another I will survive...and may come out ahead in some ways (not necessarily financially).
Hmmmm...could be worse....in so many ways.

Thanks again Jill for those words of wisdom. :)

Tink

Re: DAY 16...

Post by Tink » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:01 pm

OrganicGal wrote: he might have the perfect idea on how to make things work.
I hope everything works out for you, this may sound cliche' but i believe everything happens for a reason, keep the faith :)
A creature of habit; the No S habit!!!!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:52 pm

How long have you been in business?

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:48 pm

I've only been in business since Valentines Day, this year, so 4 months.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:30 pm

When I took over my first business (the other 2 were opened from "scratch") I wondered for 2 years if I was doing what God wanted me to, that's how bad it was, but I just knew this is what I was supposed to do. Maybe, give it more time, if you can. God BLess.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:46 pm

It's hard to hang in there, when you can't pay the rent, the utilities, the phone or yourself. How do I do all that if there is not enough money coming in to pay those fixed expenses, never mind myself? How do I order stuff when I don't have enough money coming in to pay for those orders, even when they give you 30 day terms to pay? Especially when every order has to be a minimum amount in order for them to deliver to you?
I need a miracle NOW if I'm going to continue, if my marketing guy doesn't have one, then I'm done, because I haven't been able to think of anything, my b-friend hasn't been able to, and he has lots of experience in owning your own business. And trust me, we have tried all kinds of things.
After saying all that, I still haven't given up completely, I'm open to listening to any and all ideas that anyone might have.

But I appreciate your good thoughts and wishes Cajun. :) What businesses do you have Cajun?

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:59 pm

Hubby and I own 3 Christian stores in 3 cities, one in the town we live in, and the other two are about 40-45 miles from our home in different directions, the price of gas is going to be the end of us! I wish I could offer you advice or a miracle, I guess the best thing to do is pray for God's will and then the grace to accept it. Do you have a lot of competion in your area? Do you live in an area that has knowledge of organic foods? Just wondering. God BLess.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:11 pm

There is not a small store like mine in this end of my small city....unfortunately, there is a store in the north end that has been around for 20yrs...and people expect me to be the same as that store. Also there are 3 big chain stores within a few miles of me...and 2 of them are carrying more and more Organic foods. And the local Sat. farmer's market is getting busier as people like the local fresh idea...without realizing (or maybe caring) that they are still getting the pesticides and chemical fertilizers that you don't get with Organic.
The knowledge base about Organics is growing all the time slowly...but not enough I guess to support my store with all the competition I have. My location overall is a good one....right on the main drag...very close to a corner (of a main intersection), but I guess it's not enough.
If this is not meant to be, they I will certainly accept that, and move on to other things, whatever they may be.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:21 pm

OrganicGal wrote: Here is what I see as being the worst that could happen:

My business goes under....I sell off everything I can to keep as much money to pay off debt as I can
My business goes under and the landlord sues me for the rest of the lease/rental money...could be as much as $40, 000.....but would probably be less.
My business goes under but the landlord doesn't sue me...and I have enough food to last me months and months as well as selling it to friends and family.
My business goes under and I get a 'regular' job...perhaps in something I've never tried before.
My business goes under and I find another idea to try on my own.
My business goes under and I work and go back to school.

When I look at that 'on paper' nothing seems to bad...certainly one way or another I will survive...and may come out ahead in some ways (not necessarily financially).
Hmmmm...could be worse....in so many ways.
Organic Girl,
That is an Excellent attitude.

Many of the very BEST things I've received in my life,
came INSTEAD of something that I thought I wanted...
and those 'somethings' I didn't get,
were nothing in comparison to the wonderful things that I ultimately received.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 pm

OrganicGal wrote:There is not a small store like mine in this end of my small city....unfortunately, there is a store in the north end that has been around for 20yrs...and people expect me to be the same as that store. Also there are 3 big chain stores within a few miles of me...and 2 of them are carrying more and more Organic foods. And the local Sat. farmer's market is getting busier as people like the local fresh idea...without realizing (or maybe caring) that they are still getting the pesticides and chemical fertilizers that you don't get with Organic.
The knowledge base about Organics is growing all the time slowly...but not enough I guess to support my store with all the competition I have. My location overall is a good one....right on the main drag...very close to a corner (of a main intersection), but I guess it's not enough.
If this is not meant to be, they I will certainly accept that, and move on to other things, whatever they may be.
Wish I could help. but sending you a hug!!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:41 pm

When I was in TOPS (Take Pounds Off Sensibly) years ago, we would have guest speakers at our meetings, why not see if you can locate a chapter near you, bring business cards and samples and give a talk/demonstration about your product, see if there is a WW group also, our hospital hosts wellness events, you may want to look into that also. God Bless.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:06 pm

Thanks for the support BA and Cajun, and for the ideas too. I like your ideas Cajun, they just may be too little too late...but I'm definitely gonna consider them.

In the mean time, I just had a great 40min walk. I feel great! And shortly, after I shower, I'm going over to my b-friends for dinner. I've already marked today a success on all 3 of my Habitcals, since I haven't and won't step on the scale. I've got my exercise in, and I know I'll be fine for No S...very seldom anymore do I get tempted between meals or after dinner to have something to eat. And I'm even less likely after a good workout.

Have a great night everyone...and again thanks. :)

OrganicGal

day 17:

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:59 am

I decided to change yesterday to an NWS day, for 2 reasons. 1) Reinhard says we should probably take 2 per month and I haven't been doing that, and 2) My b-friend gets his kids every 2nd week for a week, and on the last night (the Thurs.) we usually go out for a treat. Last night it was Baskin Robbins ice cream....and there is no way I could say no to that!!! I had a single scoop in a cup and enjoyed every bit of it.

Today:
No Scale: SUCCESS I was tempted a bit though, because I feel and look thinner, at least in my upper half.
Last edited by OrganicGal on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

JillyBean

Re: day 17:

Post by JillyBean » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:39 pm

OrganicGal wrote:I decided to change yesterday to an NWS day... Last night it was Baskin Robbins ice cream....and there is no way I could say no to that!!! I had a single scoop in a cup and enjoyed every bit of it.

Today:
No Scale: SUCCESS I was tempted a bit though, because I feel and look thinner, at least in my upper half.
Good for you, OG! I believe that you were 100% correct to call yesterday a "special" day. That's the beauty of No-S! We get to live like "normal" human beings.

And I'm glad you are "feeling" thinner! :)
Jill

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:31 pm

Thanks Jill, part of the temptation to step on the scale is that I have had 2 different people I know on 2 different days in the last week, tell me I look like I've lost weight. :D

That is motivation right there to keep No S-ing and focus on my MwP Habit.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:40 pm

part of the temptation to step on the scale is that I have had 2 different people I know on 2 different days in the last week, tell me I look like I've lost weight
OrganicGal,

that must feel great! Knowing what you are going through with your business and all it is really impressive and so inspiring that you are sticking with NO S!!!!!!!!!!

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:35 am

It does feel good blue, especially right this minute, as I'm frustrated and disappointed about something tonight...and I came home with every intention of eating some cookies I have here (that I was saving for the weekend) to ease that frustration, but instead I came here and marked my Habitcal for today...and I wanted a green square for No S, so I put the cookies away and typed this instead.
I did have to mark my exercise Habitcal red though, as I did not get any extra Movement with Purpose today, but I'm ok with that red. I just didn't want to eat for the wrong reasons...and eat when it's not within No S and I knew I wouldn't feel any better afterward.
So, YAY for me! And yay for No S!

EDIT: I was honestly able to change my exercise Habitcal to a green for today, cause just when I finished typing the above my b-friend came over and asked if I wanted to go for a walk. So we got in a beautiful 30min walk. It's gorgeous out and we were finishing up as the thunder started to rumble and the lightening to flash...but no rain yet. It'll be starting very soon though.

OrganicGal

NEW START DAY 18....

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:14 pm

The storm last night was awesome, my b-friend and I were lying in my bed with the window and the blinds open just watching the lightening, feeling the breeze, and listening to the rain fall hard....what a great way to fall asleep....aaaahhhhhhh *sigh of contentment*

I feel really good this morning about my victory over cookies last night and emotional eating....and the fact that I got in the walk. I love No S and the whole Habit building system

Today: Again the temptation (a little one) to step on the scale, but again I didn't bother.

Tonight (late this afternoon) my sis and 2 brothers are coming up to help me with some more prep for getting my house ready to sell. This time we are working on some landscaping, black topping the driveway, priming one room to get ready to paint it, and maybe some other picky little things....oh ya and we're gonna hang 3 new sets of bi-fold closet doors and 3 new bedroom/bathroom doors and the linen closet door. So that outta keep us all busy and will count towards my MwP this weekend.
Last edited by OrganicGal on Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:59 pm

but instead I came here and marked my Habitcal for today...and I wanted a green square for No S, so I put the cookies away and typed this instead.
OrganicGal,

I love HABITCAL, Reinhard has come up with something between NO S Diet and HABITCAL that is hugely effective. I too, refrained from indulging yesterday to get my little green square :D It was like in just a few hours I can have it and REALLY ENJOY it and it will be guilt free and I get my green square, and Susikeokla shared on her check-in she had a similar experience.

So YAY TO ALL OF US! including Reinhard for giving us this gift!
The storm last night was awesome, my b-friend and I were lying in my bed with the window and the blinds open just watching the lightening, feeling the breeze, and listening to the rain fall hard....what a great way to fall asleep....aaaahhhhhhh *sigh of contentment*
Sigh :( that is the one thing I really miss in Southern California, nice good thunderstorms! Sounds wonderful!

Blueskighs

JillyBean

Re: NEW START DAY 18....

Post by JillyBean » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:24 pm

OrganicGal wrote: I love No S and the whole Habit building system
Me too!

We really are lucky to have found this, aren't we?
Jill

CatholicCajun

Re: NEW START DAY 18....

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:37 pm

JillyBean wrote:
OrganicGal wrote: quote]

We really are lucky to have found this, aren't we?
Yes we are!!!!

OrganicGal

new start DAY 19...

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:13 pm

Well...the driveway is done, the yards and side of the house look great....got 12 green waste bags to put out for pick up, the spare bedroom & bathroom are almost finished being primed and all the doors are hung.! Whew, my feet hurt! Oh ya, and I've just finished the first coat of paint on my inside door...."warm brick" it's called :)

Today:

OrganicGal

NEW START day 20...

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:47 am

It's another beautiful day in the neighbourhood! :) The house is looking good....just gotta paint the downstairs bedroom/bathroom and closet, install some flooring in the bathroom and closet. Have carpet installed in the bedroom and rec room by the professionals, give the front door a fix up coat of paint, and then start going through things to get ready for my garage sale at the end of June....then the house goes up for sale at the beginning of July! Whew, am I gonna be busy or what...lol

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 20-25MIN. bike ride w/ b-friend

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:29 am

Today was a stressful day in some ways...but the bike ride was good! I had a headache, but the ride helped get rid of it. Just had leftover pizza for dinner...and didn't even eat all I had on my plate.

I know I am losing weight by the feel of my body, the fit of my clothes and just how good I feel, but I won't be steppin on the scale until July 1st.

I am very proud of myself and how I am developing the No S Habits. I love how as simple as this is....I can still tweak it just the right amount for me and that makes it sustainable even more.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:06 am

OrganicGal,

sounds like you are doing so much on your house! you will be busy!
and like I have said before, that you are sticking with NO S through everything you are going through on a daily basis, is so inpiring to the rest of us.

Blueskighs

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:10 am

OrganicGal wrote: I won't be steppin on the scale until July 1st.

I am very proud of myself and how I am developing the No S Habits. I love how as simple as this is....I can still tweak it just the right amount for me and that makes it sustainable even more.
Hi, OG! I'm right there with you. (I put my strongest sentiments from your quote in bold.)

Hurray for us!! :D

(And I agree with Blue that you are an inspiration!)
Jill

OrganicGal

Hey it's day 21 of my new start...

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:35 pm

Today is the 21st day of my new start. I started fresh 21 days ago...because even though I was doing pretty good, I knew there was some areas where I could do a lot better. So I started fresh in order to build the Habits stronger and more correctly this time. I believe it's working...especially the exercise (MwP) Habit.
In 21 days I have had 21 green No Scale days
1 red and 1 NWS No S days and,
1 red MwP day

WOOHOO FOR ME!!

So Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 40 min walk w/ b-friend

blueskighs and Jillybean, thanks for your positive comments, I really appreciate them...and just so you know...you are both an inspiration to me! :)
Last edited by OrganicGal on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:38 pm

You are doing great and are a true inspiration for the rest of us. God Bless you with success!!! :)

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:31 pm

Thanks CatholicCajun :)

I'm very excited for 2nite....I get to go and see all the choices I will have for my Condo I'm moving into this fall. So I get to look at the flooring, carpet, tile, and cupbaord/cabinet choices and other such things tonight. Then I get a few weeks to mull it over and look at things on my own in detail, then I'll have an appointment where I'l make my final choices. The condos are still being built and won't be ready until mid to late fall, but I'm very excited. I bought a one bedroom plus den unit. I'm on the 3rd floor (the penthouse...oooo la la), have a balcony, my own washer & dryer and other appliances (of course). I can't wait.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:10 pm

Thanks for the prayer for baby Tyler James, poor little guy. I talked with his MeeMaw, the lady and friend who works for me this morning, she is so brokenhearted, the other night they only gave him a 10% chance of survival, but he is stable now, still critical, but stable. I know they also really appreciate all the prayers. God BLess.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:26 am

OrganicGal,

your NEW condo sounds like it will be LOVELY!

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

NEW START DAY 22....

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:17 pm

I am officially a member of the 21 day club now. Last night I completed all my Habitcals with green squares, so I am a HAPPY girl!!! :)

And got some more good news this morning, I will definitely be able to switch to a smaller unit with the guy in the plaza who wants a bigger unit. YIPPEE!!!! :D That's gonna save me in so many ways....whew! We will probably be switching officially the first of Aug. Which gives both of us time to move and renovate (which I have to do more then him), so I feel a huge amount of pressure off me now. Everythings not perfect, or guaranteed, but nothing in life ever is.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS painting for 2 hours & 30 min walk

blue...my condo is gonna be lovely. I'm very excited about what I saw and tentatively picked last night. :)
Last edited by OrganicGal on Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:16 pm

OrganicGal

what a GOOD NEWS day!

CONGRATULATIONS on your 21 days

and the news about your store, well it just seems like maybe it is the perfectly right answer and you even have some time to get everything ready!

That is just ALL SO COOL 8)

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:17 am

Wow! That is wonderful news!

Resting

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:54 am

Thanks blue and resting....I am very happy with my news on all fronts. :D

And today was another great No S day...3 green squares again.

OrganicGal

23rd day....

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Actually had a pretty decent nights sleep last night, for the 1st time in months!! Must be because of my good news yesterday.

I was extra tempted to step on the scale this morning, I'm dying of curiousity to see if I actually have lost a bit of weight and how much, but AGAIN I resisted.

Today:
Last edited by OrganicGal on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:19 pm

I am so glad things worked out for you with your business, GOd does provide! And Congratulations on the 21 days of success. God Bless.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:52 pm

Ok, so I've been having pain in my right foot now for months, today with doing work around the store I found it very very sore, feels swollen in my shoe and kinda tingly....plus earlier I was having shooting pains up my right shin to my knee. Sooo, I'm gonna head up to the hospital after I close the store and see what's going on. It's too hard to get an appt. with my family doctor, since I'm in my store all day everyday, so going to emerge is the best way to get it looked at, even though I'll probably be up there for hours, since I'm not bleeding like a garden hose, having a heart attack or stopped breathing.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:43 pm

You might want to bring your jammies! :lol: Hope it't nothing serious. You may need to get different shoes depending on what you wear at work. God Bless.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:11 am

Well, that was a waste of 2 1/4 hours....gave up after never even getting out of the waiting room, never mind seeing the nurse or doctor. It was suggested by someone I know who works at the hospital that I go at 6am...that I'll be out of there in an hour if I do. Not sure I want to get up that early though.
Guess I'll have to see if I can get in to see my family doctor with an early appt. My foot/leg feels somewhat better anyhow. Probably cause I sat around not using it for 2 1/4 hours at the hospital...lol

OrganicGal

day 24...

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:19 pm

Nothing really exciting going on today. I did get news that I'll be able to get the new carpet installed any day next week, I just have to find someone to be there when they do it. EDIT: Got a friend of my daughter who also happens to deliver water for my b-friend to hang out while they do the carpet on Wed. So that's one less thing to worry about.

Today:
No Scale: SUCCESS still very tempted, but still resisting easily.
MwP: SUCCESS 40 min walk w/ b-friend including 2 killer hills!

OrganicGal

day 25....

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:46 am

Today is an S day....and whereas I used to get very excited about that when I 1st started No S-ing, now it's just another 3 meal day with the option of having some extras or something special. What a nice way to live. Just thinking....oh it's the weekend....maybe I'll have a sweet this weekend, if there's something special I really want, or maybe I won't!

The other thing too, about weekends is that meal times are usually a bit more relaxed as to when they happen. For example, this morning I've got to do some work here around the house before I go open my store, so my breakfast will be later then normal, thus so will my lunch & dinner, but no big deal, as long as I do have the 3 meals.

Today:
Last edited by OrganicGal on Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:45 pm

What a sweet way to look at weekends!

Resting

CatholicCajun

Re: day 25....

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:22 pm

OrganicGal wrote:Today is an S day....and whereas I used to get very excited about that when I 1st started No S-ing, now it's just another 3 meal day with the option of having some extras or something special. What a nice way to live. Just thinking....oh it's the weekend....maybe I'll have a sweet this weekend, if there's something special I really want, or maybe I won't!

The other thing too, about weekends is that meal times are usually a bit more relaxed as to when they happen. For example, this morning I've got to do some work here around the house before I go open my store, so my breakfast will be later then normal, thus so will my lunch & dinner, but no big deal, as long as I do have the 3 meals.

Today:
I am slowly begining to get over the novelty of the S days being a all you can eat buffet!! :lol: For example, to day for breakfast and lunch I am having oatmeal, raisins and milk. I do have a snack for this afternoon, I got this little bag of praline pecans, and a small candy bar of kisses truffles, does not look like there are many in that bag either. Other S days were loaded with way too many sweets. Have a blessed day.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:16 pm

I forgot to add how proud I am of myself for resisting the temptation of dessert last night when my b-friend & his kids and I went to Pizza Hut for dinner. They all shared one of those cherry dessert pizzas and I had none, NOT ONE BITE! At first I was a bit tempted and was doing a bit of the old...well I could start S days early....rationalization in my head, and then I realized I really didn't want to do that. It didn't feel right, plus it wasn't even a dessert I was particularily interested in. So even when my b-friend offered me a bite, I said no thanks! :D
I am trying to make sure that when I do eat dessert or any other sweets on S days, that they are something I know I would really enjoy, and that I really want at that moment.
It used to be so easy to fall into that 'social...well everyone else is doing/having some thing' habit. Now I am finding it easier to say no under those circumstances if it is not an S day and even when it is an S day.

I LOVE THIS PLAN...THIS LOVELY HABIT BUILDING...RELAXED WAY OF EATING!
Last edited by OrganicGal on Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:29 pm

OrganicGal wrote:
I LOVE THIS PLAN...THIS LOVELY HABIT BUILDING...RELAXED WAY OF EATING!
Me too! Great job last night, by the way...
Jill

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:16 pm

and then I realized I really didn't want to do that. It didn't feel right, plus it wasn't even a dessert I was particularily interested in. So even when my b-friend offered me a bite, I said no thanks!
I am trying to make sure that when I do eat dessert or any other sweets on S days, that they are something I know I would really enjoy, and that I really want at that moment.
It used to be so easy to fall into that 'social...well everyone else is doing/having some thing' habit. Now I am finding it easier to say no under those circumstances if it is not and S day and even when it is an S day.
that sounds like a really good place to be :D

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

26th day....

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:59 am

Well, got lots to do today....finish flooring in downstairs bathroom...which will be a b*tch working around the toilet and such. Go look at choices for my condo, go to a visitation for a friend at my old job who passed away suddenly, and clear out the rec room in prep for carpet being installed on wed. I also have to rip the old carpet off the stairs before wed. but I don't want to do that to soon, because I don't know what the stairs are like underneath...and me and the cat will have to walk on them. I also have to figure out how much new baseboard I will need for both rooms...and buy that...although not necessarily today.
Oh ya, the Real Estate agent is coming over this afternoon too, to get the listing organized and see the house. Whew, makes me tired just reading that. :lol:

Today:
No Scale: SUCCESS Boy I wanna step on that thing. But after wearing shorts yesterday that I could not comfortably wear a few weeks ago, tells me this is working.

OrganicGal

27th day...

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:07 pm

Feeling overwhelmed lately with all I have to do to get my house ready for sale. Don't know if I'm gonna have my stuff ready for the garage sale this weekend! Still have to finish cleaning out the rec room for the carpet install on wed. too. At least I'm getting lots of MwP with all the carrying and lifting I'm doing. :) I need to make a room by room list of what needs to be done.

Today:
Last edited by OrganicGal on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:16 pm

Lists help me a lot when I have lots going on. On paper it never seems quite so bad and it's great fun to cross things off as they get done!

Good job with the scale! This is something I was contemplating on my walk today. I made the decision (based on Reinhard's suggestion) to only weigh myself the first three days of the month and take the average of the three. This July 1st will be my third month weighing myself that way. Today I was contemplating not getting on the scales even then. I feel so much better about myself these days and I don't think there's going to be much of a drop in the scales and I don't want to get discouraged. The scales are such a temperamental piece of crap sometimes, I don't want them to negatively impact my progress.
Jill

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:34 pm

OrganicGirl,

Glad to hear about the space exchange - hope that works really well for you.

You are really doing a GREAT job on No-S. I love your description of S-days... about where I am, but it took me FOREVER to get out of mode of eating-all-day on S-days!

OrganicGal

28th day...

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:50 am

Jill....I'm a little worried about stepping on the scale July 1st too. I'm only gonna step on it the once on that day, but I to am concerned about it's impact on how I feel about myself. My b-friend definitely doesn't get that one. Even though he checks his weight and worries about it as much as I do....he says it's just a number and doesn't effect who he is (who he knows he is). Oh well, I've got a lot of other more important things to worry about right now then that looming date with the scale. :lol:

KCCC...thanks for your support and feedback. I'm glad you're getting to a good place with your S days.

Today:

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:02 am

Boy I sure got some MwP (exercise) today! Worked for about an hour and a half ripping the old carpet and underpad and staples off the stairs so they can install the new carpet tomorrow, then worked at my store all day, then took some sub flooring back to Home Depot that I didn't need, then got in a good 30 min walk including 2 killer hills, then spent another 40min finishing off the stair project and flooring in the bathroom!! :shock:
No wonder I'm tired.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:02 pm

Good Grief!! You certainly earned your rest!

Resting

OrganicGal

29th day....

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:45 pm

Soooo, did a bit more organizing and cleaning up this morning. Guys should be here soon to install the carpet. Tonight my b-friend will be at his usual Wed. night meeting, so I'll be using the time to go through stuff to get ready for my garage sale this weekend. I am amazed at how much I am getting done...partly because I know it has to be done....but I feel strongly that part of the reason is also because of No S. Other No Sers, like blueskighs for example have talked about how No S has transformed their lives. Because they/we/I are no longer wasting so much time obsessing over food....we are able to focus on life and living it and getting things done. At least that's what I am now finding.

Today:
No Scale: SUCCESS Only a week away until I weigh myself....gulp...lol
Last edited by OrganicGal on Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

JillyBean

Re: 29th day....

Post by JillyBean » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:15 pm

OrganicGal wrote: Because they/we/I are no longer wasting so much time obsessing over food....we are able to focus on life and living it and getting things done. At least that's what I am now finding.
I'll second that.
Jill

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:51 pm

OrganicGal,

YOU are getting a LOT DONE! I read your posts and I go WOW :D

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:25 am

I ended up looking after my b-friends 2 kids for the evening while he was at his meeting. Usually they go to their mom's, but she had plans for tonight, so I said I didn't mind....and we actually got in a 25min walk.

I also decided to take today as an NWS day....as I think I really needed it and my b-friends daughter had a cake for doing well on all her exams...and really wanted me to have some. Reinhard says we should take 2 a month (NWS days) and this is my 2nd (and last) for this month, so I'm ok with it.