OrganicGal's Daily posts :)

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

OrganicGal

30th day....

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:36 am

Wow! It's now been 30 days since I started fresh with No S, No Scale and MwP. I'm doing really good....I feel good....except for the tired part.... :lol:
It's Thursday....and I don't have all my stuff ready for my garage sale yet...arrgh! I guess that's what I'll be working on tonight. This morning I've got to take some stuff to the dumpster, then go pick up some things for my store.
The carpet was installed yesterday...and looks great. Whoever buys my house is going to be very lucky, they won't have to do anything to it!

Today:
No Scale: SUCCESS
MwP: SUCCESS 25min. walk
No S: SUCCESS
Last edited by OrganicGal on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:50 am

Hey OG

Isn't it wonderful that we can enjoy events like the cake with the kids and not stress or feel guilty about it?

Joyfully living the NoS way,
Resting

OrganicGal

day 31.....

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:27 pm

Well, I didn't end up getting anything ready for the yard sale (guess I can't say garage sale when I don't have a garage...lol). Got to go to the dollar store and get bristol board to make signs....and yes still sort through stuff for the yard sale. My niece and sis are coming up for the weekend to help with the sale and maybe a few more things around the house. But I don't want them to be working all weekend for me. I want us to have just a nice visit too.
Was glad I was able to get in a walk last night, really needed it. Funny thing happened at dinner. When I said I wasn't having any dessert my b-friend said..."why? would that be against your plan?" I said yes, but it bothered me. So afterward when I got a moment I mentioned it and he said he was only saying that because he realized...he finally got what I was doing here. Weird, how that button gets pushed in me when it comes to whatever plan I am following. I know for whatever reason I'm too sensitive there....but he is so great, that I know I have to shut that button down.

Today:
No Scale: SUCCESS I am so anxious for July 1st to get here.
MwP: SUCCESS 20min walk + hauling stuff up & downstairs for yard sale

resting...it is great that we can do that and feel fine about it. :)
Last edited by OrganicGal on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:37 pm

OrganicGal,

I am senstive too. That is why everything I do is TOPSECREThahahhahhhahh ... that is what I tell my beloved husband so he REMEMBERS not to talk about my food stuff with others .... poor man, I hate talking about this crap with people who don't get it, as for as my husband himself after 10 years, he kinds of gets it .... watching everything i have been through and everthing I can snarf down during a binge so he has become pretty supportive, I think in relationships it all takes time ... but I am sensitive to so ... TOP SECRET :wink:

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

OrganicGal

day 32....

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:03 pm

Well, so much for my yard sale! It's pouring rain here...arrrgh! So I'll try again next Sat. Luckily my sis will be able to come up next week to help me (again :? )

Not sure how much exercise I might get today...hopefully a walk or something after dinner. But in 32 days I've only missed one day of exercise...including weekends! My goal was/is to do something extra for a minimum of 20 min, Mon to Fri, but I've been doing something every day!

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS got in a 25min walk w/ Sis & niece
Last edited by OrganicGal on Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:14 pm

And, you've been doing LOTS more than 20 minutes/day!

Resting

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:21 pm

Good for you for doing something every day! And you deserve a medal for saying No to the ice cream!! Good luck with the weather for next weekend. Have a blessed day.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:18 pm

Thanks resting & CC. Oooo boy...only 3 days until my weigh-in! :shock:

OrganicGal

33rd day....

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:08 pm

Going out for a nice breakfast with b-friend, sis and niece this morning. :) Later, I'll be taking my sis & niece to see my condo choices....not sure what else we may do....but don't much feel like doing any work today.

Today:
No Scale: SUCCESS counting the days...2 more until I weigh in.
MwP: SUCCESS 45min bike ride w/ killer hill that I would not have been able to get up a year ago w/out getting off my bike!

OrganicGal

34th day...

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:35 pm

Decided to open my store day and close tomorrow...the actual July 1st holiday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA!!!!! 8)
Not to much going on today. My b-friend and I had some good talk about diet and exercise and my plan here with No S yesterday. He is very supportive, especially of my exercise Habit I'm developing so well. He likes to try and get some sort of physical activity every day too. So that works well for us. My niece has asked me for help with her weight, but she has that inner child in control right now saying ' you can't make me give up anything or change anything I do' but...help me lose weight. So at the suggestion of my b-friend, I'm going to invite her to come and stay with me for a week and show her what I do, how I eat etc. Then hopefully I can get her to realize she doesn't have to deprive herself, but yes she does have to make some changes. She eats A LOT of carbs and sugar...I mean a lot! I was kinda shocked over the weekend at how much of those she eats...and my sis too...her mom...but my sis has not asked for my help...and doesn't seem to want to talk about her weight. I am afraid that my niece will be fighting an up hill battle to try and change things at home. So, I'm hoping that if she comes and lives it for a week with me, that she might have a chance when she goes back home. Anyway...on with my day.

Today:
No Scale: SUCCESS Last day before my weigh in...gulp!
MwP: SUCCESS 50min walk with b-friend

OrganicGal

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....day 35....

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:45 pm

Well, today is July 1st and my day to weigh-in. So I got up and went to the bathroom and then stepped on the scale.....gulp....and the results were.....

I am down 6 pounds....yes 6 pounds since my new start 34 days ago!! :D And as my b-friend said when I told him...well that's great...now just keep on doing what you were doing! And I know I can do that because No S is the easiest, most comfortable, most sustainable, Habit building plan ever!!!

So, for Today:
MwP: going for a big bike ride later SUCCESS
No S: even though it is a national holiday I am treating today like an N day. SUCCESS
Last edited by OrganicGal on Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:00 pm

Wow, fantastc - that's a great result for your commitment.

OrganicGal

Today's exercise...

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:07 pm

Wow, just got back from our big bike ride! We went on the old railroad that has been converted into an awesome trail for walking and biking. We rode to a little town called Omemee, which is about 12 or so miles from where we started. It took us 53 mins. to get there, which is a bit slow for us. Then we had a nice little lunch for about 20min at the park by the water there and headed back. It only took us 39mins. to get back!!! Our average time for this ride is 45mins each way. It was great. :D
My skill level, stamina and speed have greatly improved over last year, so I'm proud of myself. My b-friend who is absolutely amazing on the bike was not himself on the ride today. For some reason his energy level was not what it usually is. But we obviously did great.

Tink

Re: DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....day 35....

Post by Tink » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:00 am

OrganicGal wrote:
I am down 6 pounds....yes 6 pounds since my new start 34 days ago!! :D
Congratulations OG, your new commitment looks great on you !! :D
A creature of habit; the No S habit!!!!

OrganicGal

day 36....

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:30 pm

Back to normal today...it felt funny yesterday having a holiday in the middle of the week....but it was really great...and really needed by both myself and my b-friend. We had a great day...slept in...went for our great bike ride...had a nice dinner, were able to eat outside and watched a good movie before bed. Ahhh.....nice! :D

So for today:
MwP: SUCCESS great 40min walk w/ killer hill or 2
No S: SUCCESS had dinner at my daughter & her b-friends place...steak, salad and veggies. Yum! :)
Last edited by OrganicGal on Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:51 pm

Congratulations on your successes!! God bless.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

sbay301

Post by sbay301 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:17 pm

Sounds lovely.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:56 pm

Organic Gal,

Congratulations on your tremendous success and thank you for all your inspiration and support on the boards,

Hope you had a HAPPY CANADA DAY,

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

day 37...

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:31 pm

Actually got in a 2nd walk last night. I did my walk while my b-friend was at a meeting, but when he was done he wanted to go for a walk....so of course I went with him. No killer hills, but a 20-30min walk for sure at a nice pace. Wish I could mark my green square darker or something...lol.
Tonight after I close up we are going to pick up my chickens that I'm buying from a local Organic farmer.
I can't believe how close we are to the weekend...this week has gone really fast. And I'm not even thinking about it being S time. I'm thinking about my yard sale and the things I want to do around the house this weekend!

Today:

No Scale: SUCCESS it is actually comforting now, knowing I don't have to step on the scale again until Aug. 1st. wow :shock:
MwP: SUCCESS 45min walk w/ b-friend..felt good!

OrganicGal

day 38....

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:41 pm

Getting ready for my yard sale tomorrow...made up new signs today. Ran a few errands this morning. Had a problem with the freezer in my store last night, but it looks like my awesome b-friend fixed it. He can fix anything I swear. So had to throw a few things out but not much...whew! :)
Again thanks to my b-friend, figured out a way to have my back door to the store open (along with the front ones) for air circulation without having to worry about having some one sneak in. So it's nice and comfortable in here today and I don't have to use the air conditioner.

Today:

MwP: SUCCESS
No S: SUCCCESS

OrganicGal

day 39......

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:34 am

Waiting for my sis & niece to arrive to help with my yard sale. After I'm done at the store I will take them out for dinner and my daughter will be joining us. So girls dinner out! :D
Over the last 2 days I have been talking to my niece online. She is gonna come and spend a week with me so I can help her get started on her weight loss goal. But in the mean time I did get her to go swimming laps(which she loves) on the one day, and a nice long walk on the next day. So hopefully she can keep that up with or without the support of her mother.
Bought new 2 fishies for my tank last night, a black moore and a calico fantail goldfish. My b-friends kids have named them Bubba and Borat! :lol:

Today:
MwP: success Giving myself an exempt day here as something I ate for supper has really upset my system, and there is no way I can leave the house to go for a walk. Let's just say staying close to the bathroom is a good idea tonight. :?
Last edited by OrganicGal on Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:33 am

Hey OG,

How great for you to help your niece with this. I wish we could inform all the young folks out there about NoS so they wouldn't end up on the evolving diet treadmill.

Again, "WOW" to your results!

Resting

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Thanks for the good wishes Resting! I am happy to help my niece. She approached me (sent me an email) because she doesn't feel she can do it with her mom (my sis). My sis is very over weight, and has not recently indicated any desire to try and change things, so I will leave it up to her and in the mean time I will help my niece as much as I can and maybe the good stuff will rub off on my sis. :)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:38 am

He can fix anything I swear
what a truly great quality to have :D

OrganicGal, sounds like things are going well, hope you have a fun visit with your neice. Thank you for your kind thoughts on my check-in . Mr.Mo sounds like a great cat.

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

40th day....

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:07 pm

Well I'm feeling better this morning, digestive upset seems to have cleared. Ugh! It's 8 'o clock Sunday morning and I don't feel like doing anything today, but I have to get stuff done around the house because I need to get it listed this week for sure.
My yard sale went really well though, sold lots of stuff and my sis took the rest with her back home. She will be donating it all to Goodwill today.

I'm just gonna tackle things one room at a time, and get done as much as I can today without killing myself. I also will be going over to my condo to hopefully be able to pick my carpeting if the samples have finally come in. And I'll want to go for a good walk or bike ride sometime today also.

Today:
Last edited by OrganicGal on Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Writer110

Post by Writer110 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:59 pm

OG, congratulations on your 6 pounds! :D So wonderful to be seen it can be done in a sane normal way without crazy deprivation. KUTGW!

Moxie

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:58 pm

Thanks Moxie. :) Only what does KUTWG stand for?

I was/am having some digestive upset again this morning. Went over to my b-friends for breakfast. Him and I were discussing it and knowing what I know about my body and it's sensitivity to carbs and sugar (which has developed over the last 2 yrs), we determined that I had too much carbs and sugar (including/mostly the natural sugar in fruit) yesterday and then having 2 slices of toast w/ peanut butter, whereas I normally only have one slice and seldom have PB contributed to the continued digestive upset this morning. Also not having a gall bladder is part of the problem too. Don't ever let the doctors tell you that you will be "fine" without a gall bladder.....it's not true!

Anyway, we're all going to play mini-golf then going for a walk in Burnham Park. So that will be nice for my MwP today! :D

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:57 pm

The walk through the park wasn't as long as I would have liked, even though we took the long loop, because the mosquitos were eating me alive!!! Why do they like me so much? My mom used to say they like sweet blood....but I don't know why they seem to like me. Anyway, because I wanted a longer walk, while my b-friend and the kids were doing other things I volunteered to walk down to the video store & pick up the movie to watch tonight. So walking from my house to my b-friends, then from his place to the video store & back took me 45 min. I feel better now...like I got some 'real' exercise. :)

OrganicGal

41st day....

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:44 pm

Whew, gonna be a scorcher today! A high UV index, smog alert and the humidex making it feel like 32* C, that would be about 89.6*F for all my American friends ;)
I'll have to wait until it cools down this evening to get in my MwP. In the meantime got stuff to do here @ my store and stuff to do at my house later this evening.

Today:

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:06 am

Got in a 40 min walk with b-friend and his son this evening. Then Real Estate Agent came over and I officially signed all the paper work to sell my house. Some strange unexpected feelings have cropped up that surprised me. So I'm gonna go see my b-friend to talk about them.

OrganicGal

day 42....

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:27 pm

Taking a break from doing organizing and clean up around the house. Now that it's officially up for sale I've got to keep it looking good all the time. That won't be too hard since it's only me and the cat most of the time. It's very humid here again today...but overcast. I think were supposed to get some rain and/or a thunder storm later today or this evening.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS About 20min walk plus 45min lawn mowing & trimming
Last edited by OrganicGal on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:15 am

OrganicGal,

hope HOUSE SELL goes well. Have not had to go through that yet. But i get attached to places I live so imagine feelings would come up. When we left last place - twin home - that we are renting now I cried :cry: So many good things happened and we had so many good times in that place. Are you using any feng shui? I use it a bit and I know some people use when they are selling.

Anyway, hope all goes well! and you have your lovely new place to look forward too!

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

day 43....

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:52 am

Very humid again today! UGH!!! I hate this....I'd rather it be about 27*c. Usually don't get the humidity when it 27 or below.
I was so tired last night that when I came home from my b-friends I went straight to bed...didn't even sign on here to finish my day or edit my Habitcal.
Today is a seminar day at my store (b-friend is doing the seminar...he's a certified Hypnotherapist), so it will be a long day....not sure when I'll get in some MwP.

Today:
MwP: FAILURE Feel I could have tried harder to get some exercise today
No S: SUCCESS took today as an NWS day..1st one of the month

And blue, thanks for the sale wishes. I shouldn't really be surprised about the feelings. Good, bad and indifferent...I have lived here just over 19yrs...that's almost half my life....and all of my DD's. She was 8 months old when we moved in here.
Last edited by OrganicGal on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:58 am

Hope the seminar goes well and attracts more than the usual number of customers.

Resting

OrganicGal

44th day....

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:36 pm

Got some more stuff done around the house. Every little bit means checking something off the list. :) Very humid and hot again today...means I'll have to use the air conditioner at the store.
My marketing guy (actually my b-friends...but he's helping me out) has come up with a great new colour scheme and logo for my store...so I'll be using that when I make the move for August 1st. Starting to get excited again about the possibilities.

Today:
MwP: I will be marking this a success later today! SUCCESS 40min walk

It's actually not so hot and humid today..thought I heard that on the radio this morning...there's actually a great breeze, so with both sets of doors open, my store is nice and comfortable.

OrganicGal

45th day...

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:22 pm

Wow, I'm half way to 90 days on my new committed focus...and very happy with my results. Not perfection, but if I was looking for perfection I would have 'failed' a long time ago.
Results: No Scale: all green, MwP: 2 red, No S: 1 red

In the meantime, I keep working on my house, and my business.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 53min walk!
Last edited by OrganicGal on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:30 pm

Great Job :!:
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

OrganicGal

46th day...

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:20 pm

Today:

MwP: SUCCESS 45 min walk
NoS: SUCCESS

All I can say today..is I am glad for work to keep me busy and my mind off my heartbreak.
Last edited by OrganicGal on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:52 pm

keep me busy and my mind off my heartbreak.
OrganicGirl,
did I miss something :cry:
whatever is going on, hope you get to feeling better,
Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:43 pm

No blue, you didn't miss anything...something happened last night and my heart has been broken. I cannot talk about it because it hurts too much and makes me cry...and I'm trying not to do that....at least not too much.

I'm sure like in all things...time will heal it.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:56 pm

Just a post to say I care about you,
and I know others here care also.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:11 pm

Thanks BA, that helps considering how unloved I feel at the moment.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:52 am

my heart has been broken. I cannot talk about it because it hurts too much and makes me cry...and I'm trying not to do that....at least not too much.
OrganicGal,
sometimes it is best not to talk, i understand.
you are loved by many people here,
doesn't take away your heartbreak, but it is also real.
as for crying, take a long shower or put on a really sad song and let it all out, it is often like a thunderstorm, cleansing,
i am big practicer of big huge private cries,
they work wonders,
with you in spirit,
Blueskighs

OrganicGal

day 47.....

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:51 am

Thank you so much blue for your words of support. I appreciate them so much...even though they made me cry...lol. I have cried some...a bit here and there....even when I was out walking funnily enough. I'm sure I will cry some more...and over time my heart will heal.
I spoke with my DD last night for a bit about it and she is a wonderful support. Her & I will be getting together for a few hours this afternoon, like we do almost every Sunday.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS I'm taking an exempt day today..since my goal is Mon-Fri activity and with all my stress and having eaten nothing but an apple in 48 hrs (before I did eat dinner 2nite), my IBS is flareing up.
Last edited by OrganicGal on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kccc

Post by kccc » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:16 pm

OG, I am sorry that you are experiencing so much pain.

May it cleanse as you experience it
May it pass and bring healing in its wake
And may it, in the end, make way for something better

I wish you support and strength as you go through this time.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:06 pm

OG,

I have just gotten back after being away for a few days. So, I started reading to catch up on all the news of my friends and found out you have been experiencing something painful and I just want to express my sympathy and caring. Hang in there. Sending you a hug in the only way possible that I'm aware of: ((((((((((OG)))))))))))))
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:24 pm

BA, blue, KCCC and Jill, you are all so awesome and supportive...it really means a lot, especially since none of us have ever actually met each other.

Thank you from the bottom of my cracked and bruised heart. :?

Writer110

Post by Writer110 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:18 am

Hi OG,

I came to your thread to thank you for leaving the kind words on my check-in and I'm so sorry to see that you're going through a tough time. Please know there are a lot of people sending you good thoughts.

Moxie

OrganicGal

48th day...

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:40 am

Thanks Moxie for your support. I appreciate it a lot.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 40 min walk

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:00 am

I just want to say a heartfelt thanks to everyone who has offered me such sincere support over the last few days.

I am starting to feel better. He and I have talked, and we're going to try to stay friends. I know this doesn't usually work for people. But I have to try, I need his support and friendship in my life, at least right now. I will be taking it one day at a time and maybe even 1 hour at a time some days.

I know in time things will look and feel much better and who knows what good things (or people) might come out of all of this. I look forward to the future with a positive attitude and try to remember that everything happens for a reason...and that people come and go from your life that way too.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:25 am

Ending a relationship is painful, but it is sometimes helpful to realize
that you are actually clearing space to make room for your soulmate.

Tink

Post by Tink » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:09 am

*hugs* Sorry to hear about your pain :(
A creature of habit; the No S habit!!!!

OrganicGal

day 49....

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:31 pm

Still doing minor things around my house, but had a showing last night. My agent will let me know how it went sometime today.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS got my 20min....then got asked to go for a walk with my 'friend' so I'll get some more time in.
Last edited by OrganicGal on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:41 pm

Dear OG,

Just checked in and saw your thread.

Along with everyone else extending you a heartfelt group hug!!

Probably my favorite life expression is:

It's the rocks that make the river sing.

I will pray for this 'rock' you are experiencing.

Resting

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:18 am

Thanks Resting, I know I'll come through this to the other side just fine. In the meantime, with it all so fresh....everyday...every hour is a roller coaster ride of emotion.
Bought a book this evening called Why Men Love Bitches. It's not that I want to be a bitch in the negative conotations of the word. But I do think I am to nice, give of myself to much, and probably to fast. I want to discover why that is...if it is a 'bad' thing...and if so how do I modify it somewhat.
I'm not looking to change my basic good character for any man, but I do wonder...if my nature makes me seem to available.
I am a big believer in continous learning, especially about ones self, and I am smart enough to take what's right for me from this book and leave the rest.

Got in another 35min walk...so total of 55minutes tonight...YAY me!

OrganicGal

DAY 50! WOW!

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:47 am

Here it is the beginning of my 50th day on No S (since my new committment), and the Habits...especially N days are strong. Definitely very close to totally subconscious...not having to think or worry about it.

I am finding that S days are only slightly behind on that, and they are becoming less different then N days....which is great!

No S Habits and the great support here on the boards has helped....is helping me through the difficult time I am currently enmeshed in. If I were on any other 'diet' I would have abandoned it by now and have been stuffing my feelings down with food.

So Today:
MwP: SUCCESS Awesome 53min walk!!!!! 8)
Last edited by OrganicGal on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:57 am

Hey OG,

Another really good series is the Boundaries books-like Boundaries, Boundaries with Kids, Boundaries is Dating, Boundaries in Marriage, etc. Wonderful descriptions to help one know where "you end and I begin." They have helped me learn to limit myself to caring about someone instead of caring FOR someone. Big difference.

Glad that NoS is a solid in your life!

You are doing amazingly.

Resting

BrightAngel

Re: DAY 50! WOW!

Post by BrightAngel » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:07 pm

OrganicGal wrote:Here it is the beginning of my 50th day on No S (since my new committment),
and the Habits...especially N days are strong.
Congratulations, OG. Image

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:20 am

If I were on any other 'diet' I would have abandoned it by now and have been stuffing my feelings down with food.
ME TOO!

Congratulations on DAY 50!

What continues to impress me about your success is all the stuff you are going through and you are just "nosing" along, it is very inspiring to me!

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

day 51.....

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:12 pm

Things are getting easier....while moments are still hard. :? I'm finding the Bitch book quite interesting. Can definitely see some of me in there and how it looks to a man. There are some modifications I'm going to focus on making in the future, and definitely some I won't...to me they smack of playing games too much.
He is coming over for dinner tonight and to do a couple of things around the house with/for me.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 35min walk w/ hills

OrganicGal

# 52....

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:28 am

I'm still not sleeping well at night. Not sure if it's the heat, or if it's all the emotions still churning up inside me. Probably some of both. This morning I'm feeling very tired and very sad. *sigh*
Tonight after I close up shop I'm going to pick up my niece to join me for the week. It'll take about an hour to get there and longer to get back because we'll be in traffic with all the cottagers coming up towards my city/area. But I'm determined that her and I will take the minimum 20min. walk when we get here to my place, even if it's 10 at night!

Today:
No Scale: SUCCESS Really wanted to step on it this morning for some reason.
MwP: SUCCESS 25min walk w/ my niece
Last edited by OrganicGal on Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:18 pm

The walk will do you good. Probably, especially if it's at 10 at night! Thinking of you...
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:58 pm

(((OrganicGirl)))

I am impressed that you are FEELING your emotions rather than stuffing them down with food. These are hard conditions under which to stick to No-S. You are a real inspiration.

I am impressed that you are looking for life-affirming ways to spend your energy (walking, taking time with your niece).

These positive choices you are making will lead to a happier life for you... no idea what that will look like, but I wholeheartedly believe it to be true.

Best wishes.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:13 pm

OrganicGal,

what great timing for you neice to come to visit? Yes? laugh and cry alot and have a great visit!

You are doing incredible!

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:23 am

thank you so much Jill, KCCC and blueskighs, you are all so supportive. I appreciate it very very much. It is nice to know other people care.

My niece is here now for a week. I'm going to help her get started on her weight loss journey. Hopefully she will only ever have to do this once.
My niece is very intelligent, very outgoing and very very talkative. She talked non-stop all the way from her house to mine in the car...one and 1/4 hours....plus the 25min walk we did and didn't stop once!!! :lol:
I told her I need some quiet time now, while I update things here. She's a very picky eater too. It should be an interesting week. :shock:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:59 am

My niece is very intelligent, very outgoing and very very talkative. She talked non-stop all the way from her house to mine in the car...one and 1/4 hours....plus the 25min walk we did and didn't stop once!!!
that is so cute!

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:27 pm

One good thing about having a picky eater and doing NoS is that you only have to think about it 3 time/day :lol:

Have a jolly week.

Resting

OrganicGal

#53....

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:46 pm

Went to the farmer's market with my niece this morning, bought some cheese bread and a couple of bagels, plus some buffalo steaks to try. :) I'm looking at having a booth there to sell my organic product. I can't be outdoors at the Farmer's Market because what I'm selling I don't grow or 'make' myself. But I can be inside (all year round) at the Flea Market. So I've got the info on that and will be looking at doing that along with a delivery service. It will be turning my business in a whole new direction, but hopefully should save my neck.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 35min walk w/ my niece.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:10 am

My niece and I had a good day today....OMG though can she talk...lol....she always has a 'story' to tell. After we closed the store we went and played glow in the dark mini golf with my 'friend' and his 2 kids, then her and I came home and had dinner, went for our walk...to buy a treat to take to the drive-in with us. Then went to the drive-in to see The Dark Knight. The 2nd movie playing was Get Smart...my niece had seen it but I hadn't, but we didn't stay, since The Dark Night wasn't over until 11:45pm! :shock: So for anyone who's going to see it, be prepared...it's 2 3/4 hours long....but very good.
We talked a lot today...and she is going to give No S a try! YAY!

Tomorrow I torture her with the big bike ride....heeheehee! 8)

OrganicGal

day 54....

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:25 pm

Well, the bike ride didn't go so well....we only rode for 10mins...and very slowly....but my niece was complaining of a pain in her left thigh and her butt hurting. It was enough that she was crying...so we got off and walked...and then after a bit more we turned around and walked all the way back. That's unfortunate, but I'm glad she tried! I guess we'll stick to walks from now on. We did get a total of 50mins of exercise, so that's good.

Today:

OrganicGal

#55....

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:20 pm

OK....things are driving me nuts!!!Increasing my stress level 10-fold! The guy I was supposed to switch with, has now asked me if we can push our switch back until late Aug. officially new lease Sept. 1st. What am I supposed to say? We don't have a new lease from the landlord yet, so officially I am still here in this spot for now. My hands are tied!! :x I don't know if I can hang on that long!
*sigh*

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 25min walk and a bit of swimming

EDIT:Found out there is another single spot that just became available this weekend, so I called the landlord and asked to switch to that spot asap. So he will hopefully be coming on Thurs or Fri...with a new lease...might just be saving my butt! This store will only need some paint I think...maybe nothing else. Keeping my fingers crossed again!

OrganicGal

day 56....

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:59 am

Stress level is still extremely high!!! Figured out last night that if I take this other unit I was talking about....there is no way for me to get my big commercial fridge and freezer in the unit. I would have to pay big money to have someone tear out a doorway that has electrical and a fire alarm running through it. Plus to pay the price of having the 220v wiring put in for the freezer in the new spot, then have the electrician unhook it where it is now, then hook it up in the new place would again be a few hundred dollars. I would also have to have a new sign (light up one on the front of the store) made and installed which would cost approx. $1000....all money which I don't have!!!! Then I have pay to have hydro, gas, phone/internet all turned on/transferred over to new place. I just can't do it!!! *heavy heavy sigh*

Hey, at least No S is going strong and things are working well with my niece!! :) Tonight her and I and my daughter are going out for dinner and to see Mamma Mia at the movies...that'll be fun.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 35min walk w/ my niece
No S: SUCCESS ate a bit too much dinner, but only one plate.
Last edited by OrganicGal on Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:17 pm

WOW! OrganicGal,
that is a LOT! It always amazes me all the costs and work that goes on behind the scenes in running a business. YIKES!

I have said it before and I will say it again, I am amazed about how you are sticking with No S through all of your STUFF! which BTW you are also handling extremely well,

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:31 am

Thanks blueskighs, your thoughts are greatly appreciated! :) I too am very glad and impressed with how I am sticking with all 3 of my Habitcals through all this stress. I couldn't have done it on any other 'diet'!

OrganicGal

day 57...

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:22 am

Didn't get to see Mamma Mia :( My daughter got there early to get our tickets and both 7pm shows were sold out...and the late show didn't start until 9:50pm! Too late for all of us who have to get up early the next morning. So, we went and had a nice leisurely dinner instead. Her and I will go see it in the next week, and my niece will go see it with her Mom when she goes back home.
I've got lots of stuff to do in and for my store today, so hopefully the day will go fast. Tonight is my niece's last night here. I'll be taking her home tomorrow night after I close the store.

Today:
No Scale: SUCCESS I'm still having the urge this week to step on the scale and am successfully not, but I'm thinking it has something to do with my heartbreak...strange as that sounds.
MwP: SUCCESS 30min walk w/ my niece

OrganicGal

#58....

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:48 am

OMG, my niece was such a whiner last night about our walk! I'm not sure if everything we've done and talked about this week is gonna stick when she's back home and having no one but herself to motivate her. But I've done what I can and I'll continue to support her via internet as much as I can. What actions she takes or doesn't take is now up to her.

Got the lease for the new smaller unit yesterday, although I don't think I'll be going there, but at least this way I personally am protected financially. I'm turning in a completely new direction. I'll be getting a booth at the flea market/farmer's market on Saturdays, and I'll be offering home delivery during the week. Might still have to get a 'normal' job, but I'm ok with that.

Today:
No Scale: SUCCESS no urge to step on the scale this morning. :)
MwP: SUCCESS 30min walk after I got back from taking my niece home.

OrganicGal

day 59....

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:32 am

Still haven't been sleeping all that well, but slept better I think...at least a little....last night. Had a chat with my 'friend' last night, he keeps asking me how my weight is doing....he doesn't know how much I weigh and I will never tell him....he's just curious if this/my plan is still working....if I'm still losing. So I gave into the pressure this morning and stepped on my scale. :? So, it's my first red on my No Scale Habitcal in 59 days...but it was worth it to discover I've lost another 4lbs!!! YIPPEE! that's 10lbs in 58 days. I"m very happy. :D

Getting my plan for the next month more and more organized/set each day. My 'friend' is very good at advising/helping me with that. Lots of work to do...but I've never been afraid of work. :)

Today:
No Scale: FAILURE
MwP: SUCCESS Great 58min walk!!!!!
No S: SUCCESS I'm thinking/debating about doing the 6pm Fri. to 6pm Sunday No S like KCCC (I think) does. Who doesn't start their weekends on Friday nights? But no hurry to change, I want to make sure it is the right decision for me.

OrganicGal

#60...WOW!!!

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:21 am

Got lots of things to do today...here at the house and in the store, but I'm really tired and don't feel like doing anything! Oh well, such is life. :? I'm still quietly amazed at how well I'm doing No S and how much easier it has become....and it wasn't really difficult to begin with. :D

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 35min walk w/ my 'friend'

Enjoyed a nice dinner of buffalo steak and green beans, and good conversation with my 'friend' , and a walk. Things are getting easier that way. Oh ya, fresh strawberries and banana for dessert. :D
Last edited by OrganicGal on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:50 am

OG!!!

What a HAPPY FIND!!!

Weigh to go................

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:26 pm

I'm still quietly amazed at how well I'm doing No S and how much easier it has become
OrganicGal
this seems like one of the greatest benefits of No S, Huh?

CONGRATULATIONS on your SUCCESS!

Blueskighs

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:10 pm

Excellent news OG :)
I like taking S days with my Son Richie from Friday evening through early Sunday.
Mainly, just be consistent so you can build a habit.
Good luck with your business!
Peace,
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

OrganicGal

day 61....

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:54 am

Thanks Resting, blue and Deb. :) I appreciate your good thoughts. I would say that so far, this weekend has been my most like N days weekend. I haven't been being an idiot on S days at all, but I have been eating stuff just because it's an S day for a while now. This weekend on a scale of 1-10 (one being the least), I am a one on my desire/urge to eat anything extra just because I can. That is so satisfying and so relaxing.
Today I plan to do some stuff here at home, just cleaning really, before my open house takes place, then I'll hopefully go hang out with my DD for a few hours and also go do some stuff at the store. Might go for a bike ride with my DD or maybe my 'friend' later in the afternoon.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 90min bike ride w/ my 'friend'

OrganicGal

day 62....

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:33 am

Last night on the bike,I think because we went so soon after eating dinner, that my body couldn't handle the work load needed for the bike ride at the same time as the load needed to digest dinner....so I ended up with a massive headache, that still hasn't gone away! UGH! I hardly slept at all last night, ended up crying for a bit because of emotions still over what happened between my 'friend' and I & what my future holds for a relationship. So I'm extremely tired, headachy and queasy this morning. Blech!
Oh well at least I know No S is stable and I don't have to worry about it. :)

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS taking today as an S-exempt day.
Last edited by OrganicGal on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:46 pm

OrganicGal,

so sorry to hear about your headache :D

just want to let you know i'll be taking a break. I am tired of checking in, etc and taking a "vacation" through end of August, when I may or may not be back :D

all is going well for me with my nosing, just wanting to spread my wings a bit!

you are doing so good!

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:23 am

My headache was so bad...and couldn't get rid of it, that I actually closed my store early, stuck a note on the door, came home and crawled into bed for 3 hours. Just got up and took some Ibuprofen. Hopefully that will kick in soon.

Gonna eat dinner and might go for a mild walk....but not going to push myself tonight. Plus I've been hearing thunder, so we might be getting some rain.

OrganicGal

#63.....

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:56 am

Have a mild headache again this morning, didn't sleep well again! UGH!

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 65min walk incl. 2 great hills :D
Last edited by OrganicGal on Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:20 pm

Hey OG,

Hope the headache resolves. Must have been bad to close the store. Here's to pain free solid sleep for you tonight!

Resting

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:12 pm

OG,

Hope you're feeling better, both physically and emotionally.

And I am impressed with how well you are maintaining No-S under duress. That's a huge habit-change - an accomplishment to celebrate.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:04 pm

Thanks resting & KCCC :) My headache is better, virtually gone this evening. I'm taking things still one day at a time...some days are ok...others not so much. But time will heal.

OrganicGal

day 64....

Post by OrganicGal » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:17 pm

Nothing new really to report today. Going to do some stuff over at my store to get ready for the move. that's about it. Oh ya, my DD & I are going out for dinner, just a quick one, then seeing Mamma Mia at the movies 2nite. I'll go for my walk after the movie.

Today:
MwP: not sure about getting my walk in tonight...it's flashing & rumbling out there. :? OK..now it's pouring...so taking 2day as exempt SUCCESS
Last edited by OrganicGal on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

la_loser

Have fun at Mamma Mia

Post by la_loser » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:02 pm

Glad to know you're on the mend.

You'll love Mamma Mia; now, I'm a musical lover anyway, but I've seen it twice and laughed till I cried both times. Very sweet story about enduring friendship, following your dream and finding your soulmate and enjoying yourself along the way. (Yeah, I know--there are those critics who say Pierce Brosnan shouldn't sing--but I thought he did just fine and who cared anyway--he's still easy to look at!) How fun to see much of the "romantic" emphasis in the movie geared toward my generation instead of the twenty-somethings! Very affirming!

Enjoy your girls' night out! You'll want to make that walk a little jig after the movie-it makes you want to get up and be the Dancing Queen!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:10 am

Mamma Mia was great!!! Love ABBA! And ya so he can't sing fantastic...none of them could...although Meryl Streep does have the best voice IMO. It was fun to see, almost as good as the theater production I saw a few years ago. But not quite :D

OrganicGal

#65.....

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:31 am

Another night of trouble getting and staying asleep....and some crying to...UGH! I hate this. Another morning headache too.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 60min. walk w/ one big uphill & some smaller ones.
Last edited by OrganicGal on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:09 pm

Hey O.G.

Just thinking about you. Sorry that this is such a stressful time. Do you have anything in that wonderful store of yours to naturally help you sleep?

Resting

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:31 am

Thanks Resting for your support and thinking of me. I do appreciate it. I'm bound and determined to get some better sleep tonight. If it kills me... :lol:

OrganicGal

day 66....

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:13 pm

Official weigh-in day today....I stepped on the scale last week though, so wasn't expecting much change. I think I might be down another 1/2 pound , but not sure and still happy with where I am.
Got a much better nights sleep finally last night, so I feel more energized today...able to focus more. :)

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 40min walk.

Had a fire in my backyard fire pit (enclosed) with my 'friend' and his son tonight. That was quite nice, I love watching a fire. The flames are mezmorising.

OrganicGal

#67...

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:16 pm

Today is Saturday and an S day...lol....like everyone didn't know that. :D Looking forward to tomorrow. My sis and my niece are coming up and we're going on a Liftlock boat cruise and out for dinner to celebrate my sis's b-day which is on Tues. So since I'll probably eat dessert tomorrow...and a bigger meal at dinner then normal, I'll be taking it easy today. Just my normal 3 meals.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS Got my min 20min. in walking to the Ex (fair) and back

OrganicGal

day 68....

Post by OrganicGal » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:05 am

Had a nice day today with my DD, my niece & my sis. Went on a boat cruise through the liftlock, had a nice dinner (late lunch early dinner), went shopping where my DD and I bought cute little skirts and tops to wear when we go to see Brooks & Dunn in concert on the 24th of this month! Can't wait. :D I already have a great cowboy hat and my DD might buy an inexpensive one when we go to the CNE which is on when the concert is. After my sis & niece left, I went to the drive-in with my 'friend' & his kids to see Hancock (with Will Smith). It was very good, I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. Something happened tonight to make me feel really sad again about what has happened between me & my friend. I don't know how to explain it, and I'm not even a hundred % sure what it was/is exactly. *sigh* Oh well.

Today:
No Scale: SUCCESS I'm thinking about weighing in once a week now, but not sure.
MwP: SUCCESS Got in a great 60 min walk this morning. :)

OrganicGal

day 69...

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:11 am

I'm starting to feel like blueskighs when it comes to checking in here every day. Starting to feel like I don't want to so much anymore, although I still like checking off my little green squares on my Habitcals. :D

Today:
No Scale: SUCCESS Think I'm going to start weighing myself once a week now, see if I can handle that without getting obsessed. So I will be weighing in on Thurs. Picked that day because that's the day of the week that I last weighed in on, :lol:
MwP: SUCCESS 45 min walk..including some hills as usual.

Not only did I do my 45min walk, but I also moved a lot of stuff from my store to my house, so lots of slugging boxes and carrying them up & down stairs.

OrganicGal

day 70....

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:41 pm

Ok, decided to step on the scale this morning...cause I'm feeling so good, wanted to see if the scale matched. And Holy Cow....I'm down another 4lbs!!!! So, that means fellow No Ser's that I have lost a total of 15lbs in 70days!!!! I'm very happy with that, I haven't been this weight in a long time!

Today:
Removing the No Scale from my Habitcals. :D
MwP: SUCCESS Since it was raining hard here went to the Wellness Centre and did the treadmill for 45 min, including running for a total of 17.5 min. :D
Last edited by OrganicGal on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.