OrganicGal's Daily posts :)

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

kccc

Post by kccc » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:55 pm

OG, great to hear that you're doing so well! :)

OrganicGal

day 71.....

Post by OrganicGal » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:30 am

Had a bit of difficulty sleeping again last night, but could have been worse. I am definitely struggling with emotions on a daily and/or nightly basis. But I know time will heal all. I just continue to be patient with myself and enjoy the ease of No S and the good habits I have developed.

Today:
MwP: SUCCESS 45min walk
No S: SUCCESS
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:55 pm

OG,

That is FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:51 pm

OrganicGal,

sounds like you are keeping busy and having fun! most important stuff huh?!?!?!?!?!

glad your headaches went away, headaches are MISERABLE STUFF!!!!!!!

and congratulations on your weight loss! that is TREMENDOUS

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey