LauraAnn's check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

AnnaBanana

LauraAnn's check-in

Post by AnnaBanana » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:15 am

Well, day #1 down and it was a success. I felt starved for dinner. Something I hadn't felt in so long. At first I panicked when I felt hunger and dinner was two hours away. Was that my stomach growling? At first I didn't know what it was. :oops: Then I got busy doing other things, eventually fixing dinner, and I was fine. It's bedtime now and I'm a little hungry. I am going to drink about 1/2 cup milk before bed, otherwise I won't sleep.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this simple way of life. I feel free. I am healing myself of food obsession and addiction. No points, no carbs, no fat grams. Just living life.

Exercise: 45 mins of treadmill today.
Laura Ann
SW: 282
CW: 173
GW: 150-185

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:35 am

Day #2 under my belt and it was a wonderful success.

B: 2 eggs, 1 buttered toast, watermelon, decaf coffee.

L: Small, childsize cheeseburger, a few fries.

D: Chicken stew, watermelon.

45 minutes on treadmill.

Happy camper today. Feeling really good and ready for tomorrow.
Laura Ann

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:53 am

Day #3 went terrific. I'm amazed at how easily this is going. Do I feel hunger sometimes? Yes! But looking at the clock and telling myself to hold off and I can have a nice dinner or lunch does the trick for me. My exercise and other things have gone well to because I am having so much less mental stress with this.

B: 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 egg, glass of milk.
L: Small cheeseburger, a few fries (noticing a pattern here :)
D: Hamburger patty, tater tots, orange, glass of milk.

Noticing a pattern of hamburgers and fries going here over the last two days. They are my world's most favorite food and I think I'm just relishing eating them again with no guilt. All I've done is adjust the size to fit and plate and gone from here. How easy this is compared to all the nightmare and despair I went through before.

Thank you, again for this wonderful, freeing way of life. :)
Laura Ann

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:19 am

Spoke too soon. Woke up at midnight starving and had an orange. I am not going to let this derail me. I realize one of the mistakes I made yesterday was that I had not had one peice of fruit. By night's end I was starving to death for something sweet. Just after 3 days I realize that I do best when my meals are a protein, veggie, starch, fruit and fat. In other words... balanced.... nothing missing.

This is also about my demons raring their ugly heads, trying to make me believe I cannot do this (or anything for that matter), but that's not true. I have found the way to eat for the rest of my life. Slip ups at times? Sure. But they cannot make me a failure, only I can by quitting.

Tomorrow is a brand new day. I did not fall, I only stumbled, caught and righted myself.
Laura Ann

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:42 pm

Ended up having an orange and a handful of popcorn last night before going back to bed. I truly was hungry. I decided to do like a lady I worked with who was thin. She always *paid* for stuff. So in the spirit of that, I counted my orange and popcorn as my breakfast this a.m. Feel great too. No problem at all. Will be eating lunch about noonish to 1ish and going on from there. Maybe not the best idea to some, but it works for me. I needed to make that mental adjustment.
Laura Ann

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:58 am

Just finished my day and it was a success. Got the book and it was very interesting. Read it pretty much in one setting. Supper really reflected the changes for me.

B: Orange and handful of popcorn. See post above.
L: Hamburger and a few FF (I think I'm finally done with HBs for awhile) :)
D: Lettuce tomatoe and onion salad, one orange, and a pasta hamburger meat concotion my mom used to make when we were kids. It was delicious and brought back so many good memories of childhood.

Done for the day and feeling good about myself. I am amazed at how after only four days my hunger is really coming under control. I would have sworn I was hypoglycemic before I started all this, but I don't think I was. I think the constant eating, fed constant eating, if you know what I mean. I couldn't go 2 hours without something in my mouth or I swore I felt shakey. Now I got 6-7 hours sometimes without one problem whatsoever.

Really liked what he said in the book about even if you ate healthy snacks you would use that as an excuse to to eat more junk at the next meal. He was right. Because I didn't have my bag of carrots and fruit in the afternoon I knew I needed a veggie and fruit with dinner. That alone filled half the plate. The rest was for pasta and meat. I hope in the next two weeks to take my servings down some, but in the meantime I believe it will naturally happen. In a way it already is.
Laura Ann

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:49 pm

Haven't logged into this part in a few days. I guess for me I realized that I didn't want to *log* my food anymore. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

What I DO want to report is that for the first time in my life I'm having fabulous success at something. There have been a few struggles and slips but overall it has been painless. I LOVE THIS!!!!

Thank you Reinhart from the bottom of my heart. The potential this has to help women with eating disorders is phenomenol!!!!!
Laura Ann