Buffalo Gal's Check In-I have ?????

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Buffalo Gal

Buffalo Gal's Check In-I have ?????

Post by Buffalo Gal » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:18 pm

I had a great day Monday and was looking forward to checking my HabitCal off with a nice big green X! Then I ran into Monday night.

I had a meeting a 7:00 so I stopped for a bowl of soup and a beer. No problem!

Wrong...by the time I got home a little after 9:00 I was starving. I ended up eating a WHOLE sub at 9:30 at night. I didn't sleep well and I am pissed off cause I had to check my Habical off with a big red X.

What is the best way to handle this? I have to eat lunch at 12:30 (this is my lunch hour). By the time I get home (I am an Urban Ranger now so I walk or take the bus) I do not have enough time to make a meal and get to my meeting on time. I am usually really hungery by 6:00 so I cannot wait until after my meeting. UGH

Buffalo Gal :?

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:03 pm

Can you have your meal pre-made so all you have to do is pop it in the microwave or something?

Getting too hungry is a dangerous thing for me to do too. Yesterday was officially my first no s day and I was hungry at dinnertime and a bit cranky. I hung in there, but realize I need to find a solution. It was the topic of discussion on my daily check in today...
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

Buffalo Gal

Too Hungery

Post by Buffalo Gal » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi Jill!

Pre made meals...great idea and simple! I'll try that next week. Hey by the way my whole family is from Maine; Bangor, Houlton, Bath! Some of us migrated to NY but it's always nice to hear from another Mainiac!

Debbie (Buffalo Gal) :)

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:18 pm

Hey Debbie!

I have family in Monticello and lots of friends in Bangor. I grew up in Pittsfield. Maine is hard to get out of your system, isn't it? Springtime here is a mixed blessing. The frost heaves (I'll bet that'll stump some people! :lol: ) and all the mud I could do without, but the birds singing and the sound of all the water running as the snow melts from the woods and the smells of spring cannot be beat.
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen