Day 3 should I eat the treat even if I an not craving it????

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MollyMouse

Day 3 should I eat the treat even if I an not craving it????

Post by MollyMouse » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:35 pm

Day 2 I consider a success. Ate just my three meals, a good breakfast that lasted me until I got to eat at work around 2:30pm. I was not overly hungry then, had a nice big salad the full of my plate and then when I got home at 7:30 had 2 hot dogs and strawberries and cream. I was very excited that my S days were starting today and had my chocolate bar right here by the computer. I LOVE chocolate bars. I was thinking I would make a pie or a cake also.. but low and behold, I had my breakfast of 2 toast, 2 eggs and one slice of fried bologna. That was several hours ago and my bar is still sitting here and not having to much affect on me. How ever I was afraid to stand on the scales as I didn't think I was doing this long enough to have lost weight and had there been a gain I would have died and for sure had headed to the store to buy 10 chocolate bars. So I will let the chips fall where they may for the rest of the day.
I am torn, should I eat the bar even if I am not craving it?...If I eat it, I would probably then think I should have just tried to go with out it... or if I didn't eat it then monday would arrive and I would be saying to myself, You should have eaten it. Why do I make my life so complicated????
Happy S day to you all.
Cheers
Marilyn
aka MollyMouse

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:43 pm

Hey, it's early yet. Go do something fun and decide if you want your chocolate bar later.

You don't HAVE to eat it if you don't want it. But if you do want it, go ahead and enjoy.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:04 pm

Hey Marilyn,

As you know, I am also not getting on the scales. I just know for me it's a wise decision. I feel good about what I have done this week and I do not need a machine to tell me how I should be feeling.

As for eating something that you don't want... I wouldn't eat it unless I wanted it. Don't worry about what's going to happen on Monday. If on Monday you wish you had eaten it, well, you only have to wait 4 more days and then you can have it.

I know for me I have let food decisions run my life way too many years. It is time for me to get on with the real business of living life in the now! Yes, I need a few restrictions to help me figure out how to do that, so on Non S days I will stick with the "rules." But I am only willing to do that because I know that it's good for me. And I know the weekend is my release valve, IF I NEED IT. Nowhere in the plan does it say we must eat snacks, seconds or sweets.

If you decide to have it, enjoy it guilt free. That's the way it's supposed to work. Good luck to you!
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

MollyMouse

Post by MollyMouse » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:01 pm

Chocolate bar is still sitting there... I am making a spaggetti for supper I ran out of diced tomatos so I had to run to the store.. Decided to pick up a small pie and some ice cream for dessert. My big fear is having this in the house come Monday.. There I am again Jill worring about what Monday will bring. But thats all about the way I use to diet. I just have to get a new mind set going here.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:19 pm

A treat is permitted, but certainly not compulsory.

After my Week of Fail, I don't really want one today and probably won't have one.

lmt2pt

Post by lmt2pt » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:28 pm

It's only saturday evening. The weekend is still young. Also, if you look on the No S homepage the rule is:
No Snacks
No Sweets
No Seconds
Except (sometimes) on days that start with S.

Sometimes, a little yet powerful word. Sometimes you may want the chocolate, sometimes you may not. Sometimes means you don't have to eat it if you don't want it.
Heather

MollyMouse

Almost the end of my first "S" day

Post by MollyMouse » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:40 am

Thank you for all your kind words.
Its almost the end of my first "S day. I really would have like to have done better, but I am just a baby yet and have not learned to walk on my own. Didn't get to have the spagetti, as hubby and I went out to bingo, so we ended up having diner there. Had a cheese burger plater with fries and gravy, and then had a chocolate bar. Felt no guilt about it. So I will call this day a success. I am sure I will do better as the "S"days pass. For some odd reason I am retaining fluid today. I woke up to very swollen fingers, I took a fluid pill, but my fingers are still swollen tonight. Hope that is not a problem tomorrow.
Have a great night and sweet dreams to you all.
Cheers
Marilyn
aka MollyMouse