Sundays "S" stands for SUFFER

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MollyMouse

Sundays "S" stands for SUFFER

Post by MollyMouse » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:57 am

Good morning everyone. Day five here. I suppose you can say I did not have a failure on the week end, as I was free to do this. Saturday I did fine BUT Sunday was a total loss of control. I paid dearly for it though, and I will not be doing that again. So lesson learned. Ate pretty much everything on Sunday. Then coming home from bingo last night I said to my hubby, I will put the pie in the freezer when I get home(It was just a small one) but he said well we can have some when we get home. So we did and ended up eating it all with ice cream. This was about 10:30pm. Then I went to bed at 11:30 and tossed and turned the whole night I think I fell off to sleep at around 4am. Going to bed so full was much worse than the night I went to bed hungry. Now I have to go work a 10 hour shift on just 3 hours of sleep. I could have done this years ago but not at 58. I am glad its Monday and I know what I have to do for the next five days, and hope I will be better able to handle next week end better than this past one.
Wishing every one a great "N" day
Cheers
Marilyn
aka MollyMouse