Tink's Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Tink

Tink's Check-in

Post by Tink » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:57 am

4/28 SUCCESS

* No Snacks
* No Sweets
* No Seconds
* No Scale :D

edited to add 45 min at gym!

resting52

Post by resting52 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:49 am

Yahoo!!!

Loved that 4th NoS!

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:19 pm

thanx resting and congrats to you also!!! :D

Tink

Post by Tink » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:21 pm

Well so far so good, this will be my second day of No Scales. . I have to say what an accomplishment for someone who weighed in every morning; well to be honest sometimes it was morning and night!! I will not let the scale decide how I feel about myself anymore. *step away from the scale* :wink:

Tink

Post by Tink » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:06 pm

i am finding day 3 very tough...good thing i will be out of the house most of today...funny thing is it's not the no snacks or sweets, or seconds, it's the darn scale i am arguing with...lol

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:14 pm

Good for you hanging in there!!!

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Thu May 01, 2008 3:57 pm

Day 26 of No S and day 4 of no scale. SUCCESS!! ( so far) I feel like I may have lost some weight, so why do I not trust me and my feelings? Why do I feel I need reinforcement from a scale? If the number matched how I feel I would of course be happy, but if my loss is there but not enough to show up yet if you know what I mean; I would be discouraged, I just need to believe in me and hope my body follows my mind LOL

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri May 02, 2008 12:45 am

You ARE a success!

I was re-reading some of Reinhard's book last night and he seems real big on the fact that weight loss is slow. I actually SAW that instead of just reading it. You are gaining power over this awful addiction to dieting.

Go Tink, Go!

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Sat May 03, 2008 12:34 pm

Friday= Success :D i cant believe i have gone 5 days w/o weighing in! And it's funny how easy it is getting to watch a little bit of t.v. and not snack! I am taking it one day at a time, and slowly but surely i am reaching my goals!!
A creature of habit; the No S habit!!!!

Tink

Post by Tink » Mon May 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Enjoyed my weekend, had a few snacks (not like i used to). We went out eat Saturday and i ordered guilt-free Chinese food and it tasted great! I couldn't finish it all and left it behind!!! The other thing i surprised myself with is I never even finished off all my treats...one cookie satisfied me one day and Sunday a few nibbles of my chocolate truffle was almost too much :o WOW
I find Monday and Friday's the most difficult day's to stay off the scale, i feel fat on Monday's :( I just have to concentrate on how much my habits have changed and that is what counts,,, :)

Tink

Post by Tink » Wed May 07, 2008 12:08 am

My morning had a wonderful start, hubby said honey your *diet* is working, you're losing weight!! :D
4/6 SUCCESS!!
* No Snacks
* No Sweets
* No Seconds
* No Scale :D

Tink

Post by Tink » Tue May 13, 2008 10:40 am

Been a few days since check-in,still progressing and sticking with the program. To curb my nite time snacking i have been eating crushed ice, keeps me busy plus i am getting my water! :)

resting52

Post by resting52 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:51 pm

Hey Tink,

Wondered if you were okay.

I've chewed plastic straws just to be chewing something. I like the ice idea!

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Fri May 16, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi Resting, I'm ok thank you :) Things have just been chaotic around here, son's home for a visit so not as much time, but keeping with the program!! Next week i hope to be checking in more often :)

SUCCESS
* No Snacks
* No Sweets
* No Seconds
* SOS (stayed off scale)

Tink

Post by Tink » Mon May 19, 2008 3:01 pm

Success
I had a fantastic weekend with lots of little treats. I went to a baby shower on Saturday and a graduation on Sunday.
It's so great to be able to attend functions and not have anyone know you are on a *diet* ! :wink:
Everything tastes so much better without guilt :D I love my new way of living! :)

resting52

Post by resting52 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:53 pm

Isn't that the truth! I almost feel like a snob. Kinda like I have this secret diet knowledge or something. I'm determined not to tell dh until he notices the loss (if and when there is one :D )

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Tue May 20, 2008 12:06 pm

Hey Resting we already have a loss dontcha know, *the weight off our shoulders* No S brings!!!! :wink:

Well this afternoon my son goes back to Texas :cry: Since he won't be here Thursday for my Birthday, we celebrated it yesterday :o I had strawberry cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream and my daughter brought me a orange cream soda. She had checked to make sure this would be an *S* day :) So after a W/E of treats and my Birthday celebration , i feel fat but loved :lol:
SUCCESS
SOS(stayed off scale)

Tink

Post by Tink » Wed May 21, 2008 3:28 pm

Last nite it seemed much harder to stay OP. I think it was because of Monday's celebration and being sad after dropping my son off at the airport :( I know before NoS i would have consoled myself with mindless munching; food was defiantly calling my name last nite, but i stayed strong;drank water and chewed ice instead!!!! Thank you Reinhard for giving me the power to distinguish my actual hunger from eating to cover up my emotions.

5/20 SUCCESS
* No Snacks
* No Sweets
* No Seconds
* SOS(no scale)

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Tink,

That is so awesome to mentally choose to make that change in your behavior. I'm very thankful for the NoS behavior gates.

I know it is hard to see a child leaving. One of mine just returned after being gone for months. God only knows where my kids will head next.

Happy Birthday tomorrow.

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Fri May 23, 2008 2:57 pm

Thank you Resting for the Birthday Wishes :-)

Day 48 of NoS !!!
I used to believe i was enjoying all the food i was eating. I used to believe i HAD to snack to keep my metabolism up. I used to believe i HAD to buy special food to loose weight. I used to believe the numbers on a scale actually meant something (was Tink good or bad).
I actually am enjoying my food because i am not spoiling my appetite with constant grazing. I look forward to my meals and DO enjoy them!
Junk food tastes JUNKIE :lol: I haven't stepped on the scale so I get to decide if i am good or not and guess what I am!!! :D
I declare 5/22 a Success

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 23, 2008 3:24 pm

Tink,
is today your birthday?

Well then

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
I used to believe i was enjoying all the food i was eating. I used to believe i HAD to snack to keep my metabolism up. I used to believe i HAD to buy special food to loose weight. I used to believe the numbers on a scale actually meant something (was Tink good or bad).
I actually am enjoying my food because i am not spoiling my appetite with constant grazing. I look forward to my meals and DO enjoy them!
Junk food tastes JUNKIE
So very well put!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Tink

Post by Tink » Tue May 27, 2008 12:07 pm

Thank you very much Blueskighs :D
Days 49,50 and 51 S days. Today i am so ready to be back to N days. I am also ready to really evaluate my portions, think i will use a smaller plate from now on :o I am also ready for more movement so i am adding a 30 minute walk after dinner every night starting today :)

resting52

Post by resting52 » Tue May 27, 2008 12:14 pm

Hey Tink,

Isn't it wonderful how we all very naturally end up heading in the same direction? Smaller plates, more movement, etc. and it isn't a painful process. WooHoo! This is actually enjoyable-when was the last time any one said THAT about a diet.

Good For You!!!

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Tue May 27, 2008 12:45 pm

Thanks for your support Resting :D , I love this way of *Dieting* :lol:

Tink

Post by Tink » Wed May 28, 2008 3:04 pm

Well yesterday was a success; smaller portions, and got in my 30 minute walk after dinner :)
I woke up this morning fairly hungry and i must say after my 45 min workout i really enjoyed my breakfast. :)
2 eggs and sausage with toast and coffee! (cut out my hash-browns )
lunch will be chili with a salad; my late dinner will be soup and crackers.
If i get hungry i will just drink my water and chew on ice chips!:lol:

5/28 SUCCESS
* No Snacks
* No Sweets
* No Seconds
* SOS(no scale)

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed May 28, 2008 3:22 pm

Sounds like a woman with a plan!

You go!!

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Fri May 30, 2008 12:57 am

I never would have believed a "diet" could change my life in so many positive ways. I really enjoy my 3 meals everyday yet i am not obsessed with food. I can not eat sweets like i used to; i actually only ate half a peanut butter klondike bar this past weekend and put the rest back in the freezer and i may or may not have the other half this weekend! :o I no longer step on the scale to "see" how i feel :o Hubby and i took a leisurely walk after dinner and we had a nice chat along the way! :D I am going to start putting all the money i used to spend on snack food for coffee breaks in jar everyday and see how fast it adds up :lol:
5/29 SUCCESS
* No Snacks
* No Sweets
* No Seconds
* SOS(no scale)
* Walked after dinner

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 30, 2008 2:35 am

Tink,

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:39 pm

That is a great idea, Tink!

Ooooo, what will you spend it on?

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:14 am

resting52 wrote: Ooooo, what will you spend it on?
Maybe new clothes :lol:

Thank you Blueskighs :) I had a great weekend, spent most of it so busy i didn't have time to snack much if any! Sunday i only had one sweet ! :o Oh yes i weighed in June 1 and down 4 pounds!! :D Considering i am eating regular meals; and having desserts and snacks on weekends and i am slowly loosing NOT gaining i am a very happy camper!! :D The only tweaking i am thinking about at this point is to maybe (as others here are doing) track my calories a bit; thinking i still may have more going in then i should.
June 2
SUCCESS
* No Snacks
* No Sweets
* No Seconds
* SOS(no scale)
* Walked after dinner

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:39 pm

Tink,

congratulations!

Blueskighs

Tink

Post by Tink » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:19 pm

Thank you very much Blueskighs :) I am looking forward to trying your curried egg salad; thanks for the recipe!

B- omelet with feta cheese and tomatoes, blueberry muffin, coffee
L- chicken salad sandwich, water
D- spaghetti, salad, slice of italian bread

good food, smaller portions, no snacks= full and satisfied. Who knew?:o

6/3
SUCCESS
* No Snacks
* No Sweets
* No Seconds
* SOS(no scale)
* Walked after dinner

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:08 pm

TINK

DOWN 4!!!!

Weigh to go!

I'm NOT going to track my calories. I think this is how I got here in the first place. I have been taking Blue's advice about getting hungry for meals. If I'm not hungry, then I put too much on my last plate. Maybe as I get closer to my goal-which is far away, I will change my mind.

What do you think??

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:41 pm

Hey Resting Thank you :D
You have definitely given me food for thought; I’ll wait till dinner though cuz I don’t snack :lol: Seriously though you and blue are most likely right, and counting even as loosey goosey as it is, might just lead me back to where I came from...I always thought/heard when you got hungry between meals or woke up hungry that meant you hadn’t eaten enough when in actual fact, it was the correct amount! :o I do know i really enjoy my meals more when I do let myself get hungry, so I will work on portion control by judging my hunger not counting. Thank you resting and blue

B- Raisin toast with peanut butter, yogurt and a coffee
L- chicken salad sandwich, water
D- sloppy joes over potatoes , veggies
6/4
SUCCESS
* No Snacks
* No Sweets
* No Seconds
* SOS(no scale)
* Walked after dinner

:o

Bobby McGee

Post by Bobby McGee » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi Tink

I think portion control is definitely the answer. It could be helpful also to not eat refined carbs at consecutive meals. Good wishes.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose.

Bobby McGee

Tink

Post by Tink » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:26 pm

Bobby McGee wrote: I think portion control is definitely the answer. It could be helpful also to not eat refined carbs at consecutive meals.
Hi Bobby
Guess i need to "Try (Just a Little Bit Harder)," to balance my meals :wink: Thank you :)

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm

Hey Tink,

The other think I have to remember is that if I don't spend some time getting hungry and letting my own body recover from that hunger, it is never consuming itself-meaning living off the fat of the land-aka my tummy flubber.

I could probably fast for a month and live-not that I would ever even dream of such an idea, but in case I'm caught on a deserted island........... :lol:

Isn't it fun learning what we all should naturally know??

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:02 pm

B- Raisin toast with peanut butter, yogurt and a coffee
L- blue’s yummy curried egg salad (thank you blue), water
D- baked chicken, veggies and strawberries
6/5
SUCCESS
* No Snacks
* No Sweets
* No Seconds
* SOS(no scale)
* Walked after dinner

B- fruit smoothie
L- finished leftover egg salad, water
D taco salad, water
6/6
SUCCESS
* No Snacks
* No Sweets
* No Seconds
* SOS(no scale)
* Walked after dinner

Tink

Post by Tink » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:57 pm

S-Day DD was very thoughtful and started my day with french vanilla coffee and a Boston creme doughnut, because she remembered it was an S-day :D Barbecued lunch and then went with a friend to Costco..and she treated me to a very over sized sundae. Eating like that just left me feeling very lazy and i had no desire for dinner. :cry: I am going have more control today :)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:28 pm

Tink,

glad you liked the curry egg salad sandwich!

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:46 pm

Isn't it amazing how overeating sweets now makes us feel pretty awful? I guess it always did but now we get to notice it more since we do it less often.

It is good to get back to "N".

Have a wonderful N day!

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:23 pm

I know it's the heat but i feel like nothing is working :( I am so bloated and miserable :cry: My hands are so swollen i cant wear my watch and i had to take my rings off :cry: Not giving up that easy just needed to vent. :(
resting52 wrote: Have a wonderful N day!
Resting
Thank you Resting i needed to hear that :)

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:21 am

Gotta love this heat.............not
It was over 100 again today. I went to our store at 7 this morning to put the ac down to 75. By this afternoon it still never got down below 75 with all the warm bodies and the sun in the windows. Whew!

I started taking a diuretic about 2 years ago. Have you talked to your doctor about the fluid retention?

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:47 pm

resting52 wrote: I started taking a diuretic about 2 years ago.
Thanks for the tip resting, if it continues I'll check with my doctor, for now i can wear my rings again so i am happy :D

6/11
SUCCESS
* No Snacks
* No Sweets
* No Seconds
* SOS(no scale)
* Walked after dinner

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:04 pm

Hey Tink,

where did you go?

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:37 pm

Hi Resting,
Had a lot going on so haven’t been posting. Thanx for missing me :-) I am glad to see so many are staying OP even with all the curves life throw's at you now and again. I have to say ya'll are my biggest inspiration!! I have for the most part stayed OP, no snacks, seconds, sweets or scale but if am I am totally honest with myself, I think I allowed 2 much virtual plating (wiggle room). So I am starting a new commitment to No S. Starting a new 21 days today, NO VIRTUAL PLATING, this gives me wiggle room that I can’t handle. I will walk home from work (4 miles) twice a week; the other 3 are already dedicated to the gym and walking after dinner with my hubby. Looking forward to rejoining the 21 day club!!
July 1 Success
No Snacks
No sweets
No scale
No VP
Walking

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:26 pm

Tink,

so good to hear from you!

Blueskighs

Tink

Post by Tink » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:14 am

Thanx Blue, it's good to be back! Wednesdays are my long busy day at work ; but i am happy to report:
July 2 Success
No Snacks
No sweets
No scale
No VP
Walking

:D

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:41 am

Hey Tink,

You're bbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the NoVirtual plating thing sounds like a great habitcal. Have you thought about posting that on the main discussion board???

Hope you had a lovely 4th.

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:41 pm

Thanx Resting, I've missed being here! Glad you like my idea, hey have you thought about joining the July challenge on the main discussion board?
very happy to report:
July 3
Success
No Snacks
No sweets
No scale
No VP
Walking

July 4
Success
:wink:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:44 am

Tink,

I really feel your well wishes and good thoughts for my kitty :D
thank you!

Blueskighs

Tink

Missing from my celebration:

Post by Tink » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:27 pm

Missing from my celebration:
I noticed that guilt was no where around. Yanno, the guilty feeling from eating "forbidden foods" because the diet starts tomorrow. I also observed shame wasn’t in attendance this year. I was ashamed of stuffing my face with all the “banned foods†so I would eat quickly and hope no one noticed. I just ate like a normal person and enjoyed every bite. :D
I didn’t feel real good about how I looked. :( I wasn’t in good shape and my shape wasn’t good. Now even though I still need to lose weight; because of No S I am making better choices with my diet, walk 4 miles twice a wk and go to the gym 3 times a week plus take a leisurely walk with hubby after dinner. Needless to say I am in better shape and my shape is getting better also :lol: Thank you Reinhard for giving me a new way of life! :D

July 5 and 6 Success

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:59 pm

Tink,

I like your perspective!

Blueskighs

resting52

Re: Missing from my celebration:

Post by resting52 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:09 pm

Tink wrote:Missing from my celebration:
I noticed that guilt was no where around. Yanno, the guilty feeling from eating "forbidden foods" because the diet starts tomorrow. I also observed shame wasn’t in attendance this year.
Tink, This was amazing! What a joy to enjoy!

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:20 pm

Thank you Blue and resting, your words of encouragement continue to be my inspiration :) I have to say No S has not only changed my diet; it is altering other aspects of my life in very positive ways!

July 7, 8, 9
Success
No Snacks
No sweets
No scale
No VP
Walking

Tink

Post by Tink » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:32 am

July 10
Success
No Snacks
No sweets
No scale
No VP
Walking

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:24 pm

Boy tink...your days are very consistantly green! Congratulations!! :D
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

Tink

Post by Tink » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:05 am

Og thank you, I am on day 14 of my new commitment to No S. because I had entirely to much Virtual plating going on! This is/was especially hard for me as I hate for certain foods to touch/mix ha-ha I have also noticed my w/e are really pretty mellow as far sweets/snacks, since they are not “forbidden fruit†they just don’t appeal to me as much! Got a new toy on fkwan’s recommendation and I love it, the Omron Digital Pedometer, tracks steps, aerobic steps and time, miles, and calories burned. It even works in your pocket or purse!! My walking is sure increasing thank you fkwan :D

July 11
Success
No Snacks
No sweets
No scale
No VP
Walking

July 12
Success
Walking over 11000 steps
July 13
Success
Walking over 12000 steps

July 14
Success
No Snacks
No sweets
No scale
No VP
Walking over 16000 steps!

resting52

Post by resting52 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:44 pm

Hey Tink,

Where did you get that pedometer? DH got me one for Christmas but it seems to always be messing up. I would love one that tracks all that stuff.

Way to go with all that GREEN!!!

BTW, thanks for all the encouragement you have sent my way!

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:32 pm

Thanx resting :D I bought my pedometer off Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000U ... roduct_top shipping was pretty quick I must say!It’s a fun toy that has increased my walking for sure! It’s also helping to curb any thoughts of late night snacking; I was so tired last night I couldn’t even keep my eyes open :lol:
July 15
Success
No Snacks
No sweets
No scale
No VP
Walking over 12000 steps!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:18 am

Tink,

you are doing really well
and sounds like your new pedometer is making you very happy :D

Blueskighs

Tink

Post by Tink » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:13 pm

Thanx for your continued support blue! I can never resist a challenge; with the pedometer it’s always a step away!
I found myself jonesing for seconds and chocolate last night; I know its way of covering up emotions, but it is still very hard. Last night was a struggle but I made it. I am on day 17 of my new commitment, plus I am doing the July challenge; so am digging my heels in and comforting myself with thoughts of all the food I can have this w/e

July 16
Success
No Snacks
No sweets
No scale
No VP
Walking over 10,000 steps

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:55 am

Hey Tink,

You are doing great!

Resting

Tink

Post by Tink » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:14 am

Thank you resting :)
Yesterday was my 21st day of my new commitment Yippee! :D I feel so much better!! My tummy lets me know when it is time to eat, and when it’s time to stop :wink:. Weekends are pretty tame for the most part! I didn’t weigh July 1 because I felt there had been weigh to much V/P going on; I may step on the scale August 1 out curiosity or I may not. I can tell there is a change with both body and mind. I feel lighter and my clothes defiantly fit differently. I’m pretty content to continue No S and let it determine my happy/healthy weight! I call that SUCCESS :D
July 17-21
Success
No Snacks
No sweets
No scale
No VP
Walking over 12,000 steps

resting52

Post by resting52 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:49 am

WOW!!!!

Tink, that is super!

Having kinda bombed these last 2 weeks (since the 4th celebration) I'm encouraged by you to start a 21 day stretch today.

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:20 pm

Tink,

Congratulations on your 21 Days!

That is FABU!

Blueksighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:02 pm

Tink,

just wanted to say HEy and let you know I am taking a break from boards and checking in, just want to reduce my effort a bit as nosing is going so well right now.

Hope all is going well,
planning my break til at least end of August,
but will check in if I RED
but hopefully plan to stay

GREEN :D

Blueskighs

Tink

My name is Tink and I fell off the "No s" wagon :-

Post by Tink » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:14 pm

My name is Tink and I fell off the "No s" wagon :cry: Long story short, i thought i was walking my butt off in July, i was doing 4 and 5 miles every day, following vanilla "No S" no reds, BUT i made the mistake of allowing myself to have expectations. When i stepped on the scale Aug 1 and i hadn't lost weight; i lost motivation :cry: What i lost sight of was the BIG PICTURE! I felt real good, i felt smaller, and i wasn't gaining!! I didn't completely give up, i kinda stuck with 3 a day and convinced myself i was tweaking ha! Well i have gained most of my loss back :( I missed checking in but i felt like i had failed! I am getting back on the "NO S" wagon. Today is day 1

Oct 1
Success
No Snacks
No sweets
No Seconds

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:16 pm

Tink,

glad you're hiatus was breif!

it is so good to hear from you and thank you for popping in!

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:39 am

TINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're back!

Resting
who, by the way did the same thing you did more or less. Still I know in my very core that this is the only way to do go.

glad you are here with all us NoSers. Isn't it funny how we all know in our hearts that this is it?

Tink

Post by Tink » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:17 pm

Thank you both for the warm welcome back!! I missed you guys!!!

Hi Blue, I am very glad to be back :-), my clothes couldn't take a longer hiatus ;-) LOL

Hi Resting, I am glad to see you didn't go far, you seem to be doing great and I do love your signature!!

"No S" works, I did in fact lose weight (just not the amount I wanted) I also "lost" the guilty feeling from eating "forbidden foods" because the diet starts tomorrow. I even "lost" feeling bad about myself and how I looked. None of my losses showed up as The Number I wanted on the scale! I lost sight of the bigger picture that i was gaining a healthy attitude toward food, and feeling better both mentally and physically than I had in very long time. My clothes were even fitting better!!! I can not believe I allowed a number on the scale to take all that away, high expectations can and usually do lead to high levels of disappointment..~Tink tosses the scale in the trash~

Oct 2
Success
No Snacks
No sweets
No scale

Tink

Day 6

Post by Tink » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:29 am

Been super busy, will try and check in more! I have been staying OP and I don't feel so bloated! Last night as hubby was going for a late night snack I said "oh I think I’ll have a bowl of my chicken soup" (home made) Then I remembered snacks are not in my vocabulary unless it's the weekend!! :) He was happy eating his snacks; I am happy cuz I enjoyed success :D

Oct 6
Success
No Snacks
No sweets
No scale

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:40 pm

Go Tink!

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:07 pm

"No snacks, no sweets, no scales." I like that. Glad you're back, Tink. I too have found I am much happier staying off the scales. They are not user-friendly.
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:12 pm

He was happy eating his snacks; I am happy cuz I enjoyed success
Tink,

Great way to make the point that, yes success, is very satisfying in itself,

Blueskighs

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:54 pm

No SCALES!!!! Yeah!!! I'm with you on that one!

janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...