Terrylynne" daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Terrylynne

Terrylynne" daily check in

Post by Terrylynne » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:10 am

It's like a public diary, alittle scary, but hopefully a useful tool. I must admit I'm skeptical about this working. I had great success with a low carb lifestyle, lost alot of weight and kept it off for years. Two problems arose, #1, I missed rice alot, and the biggest problem, gallstones from a diet rich in portein and fat. So off the low carb I go, hit menopause and all of a sudden I'm 40lbs heavier. :( I've always had a problem with my weight and have done just about everything (except medical procedure) to lose and keep it off. My metabolism is really dead beat, always cold hands and feet and this makes dropping weight pretty hard. I will really give this a honest to goodness effort and hope it works,( sorry it just sounds too easy). One plus is the community of people to extract support and encouragment from.
Started nos Thurs. April 24th, managed my first two N days successfully, enjoyed my S days thoroughly. Too thouroughly? Cake 1 day Ice-cream the next. Is this a diet? God I hope it works.

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:39 am

Welcome, TerryLynne! Hope you have a great week.

I have no doubt this will work for me, because most of my extra calories have been from snacking and sweets. 3 sensible plates of food everyday, even if only 5 days a week has GOT TO be in my favor! I can ID with you about the gallbladder -- had mine out in Dec. and have gained about 15 lbs. more since the surgery.

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

A turtle travels only when he sticks his neck out. Korean Proverb

Terrylynne

Terry's n day diet

Post by Terrylynne » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:57 am

I'm going to keep a diary of my meals. Why? Because if this isn't working for me, I hope someone can point out my mistakes.

Breakfast- 1 egg 2 slices of bacon on a toasted english muffin and 1/2 grapefriut.

Lunch- 1 can Chunky Beef and potato soup and 1 slice watermelon.
(is fruit ok?, not really dessert but....?)

Supper- 3 small chicken wings 1/4 chicken breast, rice, corn on the cob and salad.

Should also include 3 cups of coffee with cream and 1 diet cola.
Feels like carb city after not eating many for so long.

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:54 pm

The book says fruit is fine as long it fits on your plate.

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

A turtle travels only when he sticks his neck out. Korean Proverb

Terrylynne

Post by Terrylynne » Thu May 01, 2008 2:51 am

Today's select menu

Breakfast: 1 c. shreddies coffee w/ cream

Lunch: whole wheat bun with deli turkey, lettuce, tomato and mayo and 1/2 grapefruit. coffee w/ cream

Coffee break: Diet cola

Supper: 1 chicken breast, 1/4c. rice, stir-fried zucchini, salad with ranch dressing and Chai tea w/ cream and splenda.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 01, 2008 2:56 am

Terrilynne,

sounds like you are doing great!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Terrylynne

Post by Terrylynne » Fri May 02, 2008 3:28 am

Thanks blueskighs, need all the support I can get.

Breakfast: 1c shreddies (eat them dry like popcorn, find I have to chew them more) 1/2 grapefruit, coffee w/cream

Lunch: chicken tortellini soup, mandarin orange, coffee w/cream

Coffee break: diet cola

Dinner: 2 small pork loin chops, stirfried asparagus with zucchini and onion and cob of corn.

Nighttime satisfier: Chai tea w/cream and splenda.

Terrylynne

Post by Terrylynne » Sat May 03, 2008 2:54 am

Day 8

Breakfast: 1c shreddies, 1/2 grapefriut coffee w/cream. I really do love my shreddies.

Lunch: Deli ham & cheese on w/w bread, 1 slice watermelon, herbal tea.

Coffee break: coffee w/cream

Dinner: chicken cordon bleu, greek salad, drank lot's of water today, trying hard to make this into a regular habit.

Terrylynne

Post by Terrylynne » Sun May 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Day 9 S day

Breakfast: yup, shreddies, 1/2 grapefriut, coffee w/ cream

Lunch: leftover stirfry from night brfore last, and the rest of my chicken cordon bleu I couldn,t finish from last night, 1/2 grapefruit. 1 weight watchers carrot cake.

Coffee break: diet cola & granola bar. (wasn't going to snack here, but was really hungry)

Dinner: 4 chicken wings, stir-fry veggies and 1c ice-cream

Poker game: 2 jalepeno poppers, 2 rum & diet pepsi and 1 carrot.

I feel I overdid my S day and really need to reign my "treats" Today will be a curbed S day.