Mytho's (Maybe) Daily Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mythos

Mytho's (Maybe) Daily Check-In

Post by mythos » Thu May 15, 2008 2:51 am

I started the No-S Diet on 11 May. So far things have been going well. I'm a tad bit overweight (according to the BMI I'm obese). The max weight that I know I reached was 232 pounds, but I suspect I hit ~240 pounds at one point. On the last day of April I decided that I needed to really exercise, so I decided that I preform some exercises every morning. Things were going well, I was getting stronger, but I was most definitely not loosing any weight (yes, I know it was a bit too early to really tell). Then I re-stumbled upon the No-S Diet, and started it the very next day (I can see a difference already).

11-May - Success. The first day is always the hardest. I work in a hotel that always has popcorn, and cookies out; and puts out a meal for two hours, three nights a week. So not snacking is difficult. I'm also not accustomed to eating more than one meal a day.

12-May - Success. Again the temptation to snack, but I was good.

13-May - Success. I wanted to snack, but the urge wasn't as strong as before. The eating three meals a day thing has been ... interesting ... difficult to manage, but doable. Odd thing happened, my SO tried to force me to eat half of a Hostess Cup Cake after dinner - by trying to physically shove it in my mouth - I didn't eat it; I still can't figure out why that happened.
Last edited by mythos on Sat May 31, 2008 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 15, 2008 3:35 am

mythos,
WELCOME!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

mythos

Post by mythos » Thu May 15, 2008 3:36 am

blueskighs wrote:mythos,
WELCOME!

Blueskighs
Thank you!

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Thu May 15, 2008 12:43 pm

Odd thing happened, my SO tried to force me to eat half of a Hostess Cup Cake after dinner - by trying to physically shove it in my mouth - I didn't eat it; I still can't figure out why that happened.
Meaning you can figure out why he or she tried to shove a cupcake in your mouth or you can't figure out how you still managed not to eat it?

Either way, it doesn't sound like a very supportive or nice thing for him or her to do. :shock:
What Navin said.

mythos

Post by mythos » Fri May 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Blondie wrote:
Odd thing happened, my SO tried to force me to eat half of a Hostess Cup Cake after dinner - by trying to physically shove it in my mouth - I didn't eat it; I still can't figure out why that happened.
Meaning you can figure out why he or she tried to shove a cupcake in your mouth or you can't figure out how you still managed not to eat it?

Either way, it doesn't sound like a very supportive or nice thing for him or her to do. :shock:
Meaning I had difficulty figuring out why she did that. I've never been much of one for sweets anyway, so I don't feel the cravings for those. No, it was not supportive; I think she is frightened that I'm on a diet - though she won't admit it.

14-May - Success. I'm still not used to eating three times a day, it feels odd.
15-May - Success. Got some takeout, but I still only at a plate full, half of the food.
16-May - ??? Not sure. I grabbed a free sample of food while at the grocery store (pineapple). I can't decide how to call it, do I play it very strict and call it a failure (I snacked), or do I just call it an oops (but still a success). I have the rest of the night to decide.
Last edited by mythos on Sat May 31, 2008 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

mythos

Post by mythos » Sun May 18, 2008 1:51 am

16-May - Success. After some thought, I decided to call it an oops day, only because I had one piece of pineapple and didn't have anymore (or any other snacks) - though I sure was tempted. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, my first skip day; I never realized how often I snacked, nor how often I ate sweets, during a day before this diet. I do plan on being good though, not too many sweet things. Dairy Queen here I come! I'm glad I did a seven day stretch to start out (it just worked out that way), I think it really helped to train my stomach, and make me more aware of the foods that I was eating on a daily basis.
Last edited by mythos on Sat May 31, 2008 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

mythos

Post by mythos » Wed May 21, 2008 1:31 am

18-May - Skip Day. I love skip days. I completely forgot to have breakfast, without doing my exercises in the morning my whole routine goes out the window, I will have to think on this more. I had some ice cream from Dairy Queen, but other than that I ate fairly well.

19-May - Skip Day. No breakfast again, damn it. I ate fairly well, except for dinner, where I went back for seconds (and regretted it after).
Last edited by mythos on Sat May 31, 2008 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

mythos

Post by mythos » Thu May 22, 2008 2:40 am

20-May - Success. Nothing special to report.
21-May - Failure. :( I'm not really sure if today is a failure, but I feel like I cheated, so I'm calling it a failure. I ate the food that the hotel provided, it's not good for me, and I have no way to tell how much I ate. Needless to say I'm mad at myself, but it's done, time to move on and not let it happen again.
Last edited by mythos on Sat May 31, 2008 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

mythos

Post by mythos » Sat May 24, 2008 12:47 am

22-May. Success, but an oops. Man what a sucky day. I'm calling it a success, but an oops. I was extremely tired all day (my SO had trouble keeping me awake), I'm not sure if I had a bug, or if it was mild CO poisoning from the night before (mechanical troubles with my car) - but I wasn't thinking right and had a few drinks of pop for lunch. I didn't even exercise.
Last edited by mythos on Sat May 31, 2008 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

mythos

Post by mythos » Sun May 25, 2008 2:14 am

23-May - Success. Nothing important to report. A nice common day. The next two days are my skip days, I don't feel the urge to go crazy that I felt last week, either because I'm adapting to the diet, or because I had that failure on the 21st.
Last edited by mythos on Sat May 31, 2008 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

mythos

Post by mythos » Wed May 28, 2008 2:37 am

24-May - Success. Again, nothing to report (I like days like that).
25-May - Skip day. A skip day, but I ate like it wasn't. Good for me.
26-May - Skip day. Another skip day, ate well, forgot breakfast again. Had a pop and half of a donut before bed - that was way too sweet.
Last edited by mythos on Sat May 31, 2008 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

mythos

Post by mythos » Thu May 29, 2008 3:04 am

27-May - Success. There were egg rolls at work again, my diet kryptonite, I did eat some, but they were my lunch - and I held myself back and was good.
28-May - Success. Today is my birthday, and I set this day to be a skip day, but I found that I didn't want to treat it as a skip day. I'm finding that I can't have a skip day on any day that I work, I must associate work days with No-S Diet (that's a good thing). Tomorrow starts my next four weeks of exercise, this has been the longest that I have ever stuck with a diet and exercise program Woohoo!!
Last edited by mythos on Sat May 31, 2008 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

mythos

Post by mythos » Sat May 31, 2008 12:29 am

29-May - Success. Busy day yesterday, so I didn't get to eat much till dinner. For dinner my SO wanted pizza (the frozen kind), I was good and only had a few slices (about 1/3 of what I would have eaten 20 days ago). Today my SO wanted to have Chinese for lunch, I had about 1/2 of their lunch portion, I'm saving the rest for tomorrow. I'm noticing a decrease in the amount of money that I spend on food - in a positive manner.

I also must say that I love doing shovelglove (even if I don't have a sledgehammer). It feels great. Now if I could just convince the SO that I wouldn't brain the cat to death with a sledgehammer.

mythos

Post by mythos » Sat May 31, 2008 10:52 pm

30-May - Success. A bit of a stressful day, nothing else to report.

mythos

Post by mythos » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:49 am

Wow it's been a while since I wrote - busy at work (that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it).
I'm not going to go into details, since many of these days are a bit fuzzy in the brain.

31-May - Success.
01-June - Skip day.
02-June - Skip day.
03-June - Success.
04-June - Success.
05-June - Success.
06-June - Success.
07-June - Success.
08-June - Skip day.
09-June - Skip day.
10-June - Success.
11-June - Success.
12-June - Failure. I was using an odd shaped bowl for dinner, so I allotted myself 1.5 bowl fulls of food - I went over.
13-June - Success.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:16 am

WOOHOO!

Mythos,

You are doing great!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey