CatholicCajun's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CatholicCajun

CatholicCajun's Daily Check In

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri May 16, 2008 10:36 pm

This is the first time I do this, hope it helps keep me accountable. I went to TOPS about 10 or so years ago and lost 90 pounds and put it all back on plus extra, isn't that always the case? So I have been on this program since the middle of April, don't have the exact date in front of me. Saturdays is weigh in for hubby and me, and after some very convincing arm twisting, hubby has decided to do the program also :mrgreen: I have improved my habits immensly since starting this program. I do not even miss snacking-major miracle. I have given away and actually thrown away deserts that I would have fought anywone for!

Today my menu consisted of
9am: 1/2 cup fiber one
Milk
small green apple

1pm-small beef patti(extra lean ground meat)
mashed potatoes with gravy/onions
cucumber-tomato salad
fresh pineapple

3:30pm- 1 glass 2% milk (will switch to whole when I am out of this one)

7-7:30pm- same as 1pm
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat May 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Today is weigh in day. I am down 3 pounds!!! Hubby down 1/4 pound. I am so proud of myself for following the system perfectly last week. Hubby needs to work on after supper snacking, but last night he only had a glass of milk and a spoon of peanut butter. This system is the best thing that has ever happened to me, there is no more wrestling with my conscious and appetite. This is true freedom. Thank you Reinhard for sharing with us your "secret". You are truly a God-send!

Todays Menu
9am-
2 slices wheat toast with smart balance butter
1 egg
3/4 banana(dog got other 1/4)

2pm
1 slice wheat toast
deli ham (low fat)
cucumber-tomato salad
small piece of cheese cake

7-8 pm
eating out, hubby goint through withdrawls from resturant food, I hope we go to Leeville Seafood, and enjoy an awesome cup of gumbo and split a large seafood platter.

----------------------
Starting weight: 234
Current weight: 229.5
Goal weight: 130

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Sat May 17, 2008 3:31 pm

Congrats on the 3 lbs, that's awesome! Have a great dinner out with your husband.
Susieokla

No S Diet Start Weight 10/6/08: 165 lbs

Current weight as of 10/14/08: 160 lbs

Goal Weight: 135-140 lbs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat May 17, 2008 4:45 pm

susieokla wrote:Congrats on the 3 lbs, that's awesome! Have a great dinner out with your husband.
Thank You Susie. Have a blessed day.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sun May 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Last night (Saturday) hubby and I went and ate at the local Huddle House, I got shrimp, baked potato, toast, salad, and we shared an onion ring appetizer, then for dessert at home a small piece of bread pudding.

Today (Sunday) we had our usual big breakfast at huddle house, will not be hungry until late this afternoon, then will probably have bread pudding, and then sandwiches for supper.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon May 19, 2008 1:44 pm

Monday-back to sanity! Did not do too bad this weekend, ate a little more bread pudding than I should have, but all in all, not a bad weekend.

Tomorrow hubby and I are going trawling, hope we catch at least one ice chest of shrimp, will share with mom and employees, but will also have some boiled for ourselves, which is good, because boiled shrimp is not high in calories.

Today's menu:

9am-
1/c cup fiber one
Milk
Orange

2pm-
Ham sandwich
cucumber-tomato salad
small bag of chips

7pm-
same as lunch

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu May 22, 2008 12:17 pm

Haven't been here for a couple of days. Hubby and I played hookey Tuesday and Wednesday, one of the perks of being the bosw AND having awesome employees.

Tuesday we went trawling, had most of a pb/j sandwich and then had boiled crabs and shrimp.

Wednesday went crabbing, had the same breakfast, we went ahead and made it an S day, had the same breakfast and then boiled crabs and ate watermelon in the afternoon, crabs for supper and ice cream, not a good idea to send hubby to store when he is hungry.

Today's Menu

9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
large banana

2pm-
1 Slice extra fiber whole grain bread
deli ham
mayonaise
cucubmer-tomato
strawberries

7pm-
Boiled Crabs
Crackers
Sauce

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri May 23, 2008 4:48 pm

Ok, Donald with me today, so supper is either going to be boiled crabs or eat out.

Breakfast
2 slices of extra fiber whole wheat bread
peanut butter and jelly
milk

Lunch
1 slice of bread
deli ham
cucumber
strawberries

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat May 24, 2008 12:05 pm

Weign in: stayed the same, no loss, but no gain, which is good considering that hubby and I shared a large seafood platter last night, we shared a small salad and each had a cup of awesome seafood gumbo. Hubby gained the .25 pound he lost last week. Todays menu:

9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
strawberries

2pm-
1 slice extra fiber bread
deli ham
cucumber
strawberries

7-8pm-
Boiled crabs
crackers
sauce

Maybe small amount of ice cream after supper, may be too late for that after eating the crabs, since it takes awhile to peel and eat them.

Will have diet caffeine free coke as a treat at work today.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Sat May 24, 2008 1:02 pm

Ooooo, those crabs sound good! Hubby and I bought some fresh dug clams yesterday when we were in Bar Harbor for the college tour for our daughter. We'll have those for dinner tonight. I'll think of you with your crabs then...
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat May 24, 2008 3:00 pm

Good Morning Jill!! The crabs are delicious, especially knowing we went and caught them ourselves, and they are HUGE!! I loved Bar Harbor when we went to Maine, hope we can go back someday, when I won't have to sacrifice my home to buy a plane ticket!! :o

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon May 26, 2008 7:36 pm

Today will be an S day, was going to make it an N day, but it did not pan out that way. I sort of grazed Saturday, don't know why, just did, I was busy on and off at work and I seemed to graze when it was slow, but I did snack more healthy, of course, all I had was healthy snacks at the shop so that helped. Yesterday after Mass, we went and had our usual big breakfast at the local Huddle House, ate ice cream in the late afternoon, boiled crabs for supper and more ice cream while watching NASCAR.

Today I skipped breakfast, too caught up in paper work, but had only 1/2 ham sandwich and a few baked chips for lunch, a few mini hershey bars in the afternoon. NOte sure what is going to be for supper, but will try and not over do.

Will check in tomorrow.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue May 27, 2008 12:17 pm

OK, three S days in a row, luckily that does not happen often! I did snack for three days, but not as bad as I usually would have done and my meals were not that bad either.

Here is my plan for today:
9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
Milk
banana

2pm-
lasagne (not a big piece)
cucumber-tomato
strawberries

7-8pm
same as 2pm

With the option of having a glass of Milk between meals if hunger/nausea occurs.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Wed May 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Ok, hopefully no more bad news. I am still not over eating, though stressed from worrying about friends, but I know that over eating won't help them and could end up with me in the bed next to them :cry:

9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
banana

1pm-
lasagne
strawberries

6-7pm-
lasagne
cucumber-tomato
strawberreis

will drink a glass of milk between 1-6 pm if hunger gets too bad.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 29, 2008 1:54 am

This system is the best thing that has ever happened to me, there is no more wrestling with my conscious and appetite. This is true freedom.
Catholic Cajun, I totally agree!

Belated congratulations for your monthly weigh-in!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu May 29, 2008 12:43 pm

Thank you and have a blessed day.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu May 29, 2008 12:46 pm

Quick check in, need to check on mom before work.

Yesterday I just wanted to eat everything in sight, maybe hormonal or just the reaction to all the stress of the last few days, but I did not cave!!
I just ate what and when I was supposed to and offered up the "fasting" for those who needed it.

Today's menu
9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
banana

2pm-
lasagna
tomato
banana

7-8pm-
lasagna
cucumber-tomato
strawberries

milk between meals if hunger gets too bad.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri May 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Ok here is my plan for today.

9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
banana
(will offer the fasting between 9 and 2 for baby tyler)

2pm-
oatmeal
milk
banana
(will offer the fasting between 2 and 7/8pm for sterling and miranda who were in a bad car accident)

7-8pm-
going to Celeste for Lauren's graduation party, hubby said I will overeat and I told him no I wont because I can do a virtual plate and still eat and not over do it and I will NOT have cake, I may bring some home for tomorrow, but I will not be eating it tonight.

silvermoon

Post by silvermoon » Sat May 31, 2008 2:25 am

Hi CC,

Just checking in -- thanks for the encouragement on my daily check in thread. I'm so tickled to be through the first week successfully. Last week I was losing the optimism, but this week is a complete turn around. Hoping it will continue this way.

I like your strategies to make it through temptations. That's a really good idea, and seems very necessary. Better to plan for tough times than to just hope they won't happen.

Have a good one -- we've made it to S-days (woo hoo!)

-- silvermoon

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Ok, today is Monday and back on track! I am actually looking forward to more sane eating after this busy social weekend. It all started Friday and Lauren's graduation party, did not over do the sweets, but over did everything else, maked the day as a red one, then Saturday was Jerod's Ordination to the Priesthood, more food and cake, and then Sunday was his first Mass, more food and cake. Soooooo back on track today.

9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
small green apple
milk

2pm-
oatmeal
milk
strawberries

7-8pm-
don't have anything planned yet, but we will NOT be having take out.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:17 pm

Well it's almost supper time and I am checking in! Hubby and I are off for the rest of the week and I had to do the bank statements for all 3 businesses and then catch up on all the invoices, just finishing up now, some day off :roll:

10am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
peanut butter

2:30pm-
smoke sausage
red beans/rice
cole slaw

7-8pm-
same as lunch

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:01 am

I had to do the bank statements for all 3 businesses and then catch up on all the invoices
I find paperwork, especially money related paper work STRESSFUL! I used to binge every month when I paid the bills.

Glad you got yours done! YAY YOU!

Blueskighs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:05 pm

Thanks! It's hard to keep up the paper work for 3 stores and I do all my mom's bills as well. Know what helps me? Diet Coke. I have cut back a lot on drinking it, mostly on S-days, BUT, a very old habit of drinking it when I do paperwork keeps me from wanting to eat to relieve the stress and I have switched from "regular" diet coke to caffeine free diet coke. Have a blessed day.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:09 pm

Last nigth after supper hubby said he was hungry, poor baby said I did not feed him enough for supper-an exageration I assure you! He still has the mentallity of sweets after supper, so I told him no, and of course he pouted for awhile then asked politely for a glass of milk. :roll:

Today's menu:

9am-
1/c cup fiber one
milk
1 slice of extra fiber wheat bread
smart balance peanut butter (lots of omega-3) and less sugar

2pm-
smoked sausage
red beans/rice
cole slaw
strawberries

7-8pm-
same as 2pm

my fasting between meals will be offered for baby Tyler James and Sterling and Miranda.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:13 pm

Morning to the Bayous,

Enjoying your posts. I like the idea of being made mindful to pray for specifics during the times between meals. It makes NoS that much sweeter.

Resting

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:53 pm

Thanks Resting. It was something we were encouraged to do in the Lightweigh, the last weight loss group that I was in. God Bless.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Today is the last day of our "vacation", i.e., off from work but doing home projects. We did not do too bad. We used Thursday as a S day-we had a 3pm lunch at Olive Garden including chocolate cheesecake. By the Grace of God, I still had a loss of .75 Saturday morning! Hubby "forgot" to weigh in. Will get back on track tomorrow. Even though we cheat on the weekends we are still pretty much sticking to the 3 meals and no seconds. This is the most sane thing I have ever done. It's so nice not to have to think of food as good or bad and not to think of myself as being good or bad, it does help a lot with self esteem issues, we do not have to see ourselves as weak or without will power and we can go to resturants and social events and eat like everybody else and not have to beat ourselves up afterwards for enjoying ourselves. God wants us to enjoy our food, he does not want us to fall into gluttony, and this program accomplishes that. Thank you God for Reinhard. Thank you Reinhard for sharing your program with us and for us, you are truly a God send!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:33 pm

it does help a lot with self esteem issues, we do not have to see ourselves as weak or without will power and we can go to resturants and social events and eat like everybody else and not have to beat ourselves up afterwards for enjoying ourselves.
I AGREE! :D

Blueskighs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:52 am

Ok, "vacation" over, back to work and back to NO S. We had too many sweets and junk this past weekend. Did not weigh in this morning, our weigh in day is (S)aturday. Here is my plan for today:

9am:
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
peanut butter

2pm:
beef stew
cole slaw with raisins
strawberries

7-8pm:
same as lunch

Did not drink as much water this past week as I should have, so I plan on drinking more water this week.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:34 pm

I love your post from Sunday. Yes, this fits so well with eating without gluttony and eating mindfully but it adds something else. I know with WeighDown there were really no rules except for eat when you are hungry and stop when you aren't. That caused me to always be wondering if I'm hungry or not, if I could eat or not, yadda, yadda, yadda. NoS is truly a God send in its simplicity.

Resting

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:32 pm

Did not get to post yestersay, we had a salesman and hubby and I worked with him all day, I marked my calendar as a red day, only my second, we ate ok for breakfast and we had lunch at this wonderful seafood resturant, we had each a cup of gumbo and hubby and I split a large seafood platter, I passed on dessert and we both ate cereal and milk for supper, the only cereal in the house was cocoa pebbles, which was sweet, so I just marked it as a red day.

Today back to normal
9am-
1/c cup fiber one
milk
1 slice extra fiber wheat bread
peanut butter

1pm-
beef stew
rice
cole slaw
strawberries

6pm-
same as 2pm

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:22 pm

OK. Here is my plan for the day:

9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
peanut butter

2pm-
deli meat
cole slaw
banana

will have to see about supper when I get off work.

Offering up my fasting between meals for baby Tyler James whose kidneys are not working properly and has a staff infection.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:54 pm

CC, that's a nice idea to offer up your fasting between meals for someone else's benefit. Although I don't even seem to think about eating now between meals (can you believe that?), it would be good to think about something or someone like that at the occasional times that I wish I could have a sweet after a meal. I usually get myself a piece of sugar free mint gum and next thing I know it's been an hour or so and I don't have the desire anymore. When I go for the gum I could think of someone who needs prayers or well-wishes.
Jill

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:42 pm

Hello Jillybean! I am now in the habit ( there's that word agian :) of automatically offering up my fasting between breakfast and lunch and then lunch and supper, I offer up my day's work, I even offer up fasting from the scale on the days I do not weigh in, in addition to offering up the temptation for sweets on No S days. Have a blessed day.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:26 pm

The day is fading and I am just getting to post. Had a busy morning, running errands before opening the shop.

9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
peanut butter

2pm-
thin sliced deli roast beed
mayo
banana
beets

7-8pm-
1-pistolette and bbq pork
cole slaw
grapes

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Up 1/2 pound from last week, not to bad, that could be eating out for 2 meals during the week or fluid retention. Today is an S day, but will only do my 3 meals, may or may not have dessert tonight. Tomorrow we are going to the movies so popcorn will be a must, but we get it without the extra butter and maybe a candy bar.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:13 pm

Yesterday was a typical weekend day. Hubby and I skipped breakfast and ate at Ryans with son and daughter in law for fahters day, saw 2 movies and ate non buttered popcorn for the second one and ate ice cream for supper. Today back on track!!

9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
1 slice extra fiber toast
peanut butter

2-pm
bbq pork
grapes

7-8pm
same as 2pm

will drink milk between meals if hunger gets too bad, will drink more water, will offer the fasting between meals for baby Tyler James, Sterling and Miranda.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:34 pm

Tuesday n-s day. Baby Tyler James took a turn for the worse so I am offering my fasting between meals for him.
9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
peanut butter

2pm-
bbq roast
beets
banana

7-8pm
same as 2pm

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:20 pm

CatholicCajon,

:( Sorry to hear about Baby Tyler James, that is sad,

Blueskighs

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:46 pm

Oh Cajun...I'll be kepping Baby Tyler James in my prayers.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Wednesday-No S day. Today is supposed to be my day off, but since baby Tyler is not doing well and Cheryl a.k.a. MeeMaw is where she should be I am working and offering it up as a sacrifice for baby Tyler as well as my fasting between meals.

Here is my plan for the day:

8am-
had a large breakfast at huddle house with hubby.

2pm-
banana and peanut butter

7-8pm-
oatmeal and raisins with milk

resting52

Post by resting52 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:19 am

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Resting

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:48 pm

Baby Tyler still holding on, doctor told the dad that it's the strong Cajun blood!! Yesterday's menu went out the door. I ate 3 meals, but did not eat good at any of them and over ate at all of them. Will mark it green and red, green for sticking to 3 meals a day and red for being a glutton.

Today:
9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
peanut butter

2pm-
oatmeal
raisins
milk

7-8pm
don't know, but NOT take out

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:48 pm

Will not be checking in tomorrow. Will have hubby and salesman at work with me ALL day doing orders for now and Christmas. Will be a long day!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:58 pm

Ok, it's 3pm and hubby and salesman are going get "lunch". Hubby and I ate a big breakfast at Huddle House this morning because we knew lunch would be late. I asked to be brought a cup of seafood gumbo and fried shrimp on a hamburger bun, now what I asked for and what I will get may be 2 different things and if hungry later will have oatmeal, but it will probably be after 4pm when I get "lunch".

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:32 pm

Thinking of you, CC. Glad you got a chance to check in and it seems to be going okay.
Jill

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:34 pm

JillyBean wrote:Thinking of you, CC. Glad you got a chance to check in and it seems to be going okay.
Thank you JillyBean. I always enjoy hearing from you.

Yesterday I got my cup of gumbo and shrimp on a bun and my loving husband added onion rings. I ate all the gumbo and the onion rings, ate about 1/2 of the shrimp on bun, threw the other half of the bun away and finished just with the shrimp.

Today: S-day

Breakfast and lunch: oatmeal, milk, raisins

Afternoon snack: 1 SMALL bag of praline pecans and I SMALL package of kisses truffles.

Supper: Lean ham on hamburger bun with chee wees.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Sounds like it's going to be a great S-Day for you! :D
Jill

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:30 pm

JillyBean wrote:Sounds like it's going to be a great S-Day for you! :D
Sure will do my best to make it one! Thanks for posting.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:23 pm

Rushing about this morning as usual. Seems like I have not posted in forever. Had a slight gain saturday. Will do better this week.

Everyday this week I am having oatmeal and raisins with milk for breakfast and lunch.

Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday for supper roast, green beans, rice, fruit

Thursday: salesman seafood for either lunch or supper, he's never had soft shell crab, should be a treat!

resting52

Post by resting52 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:06 pm

Oh Man, soft shelled crabs. Yum yum! Resting

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:07 pm

Yes, they were awesome!!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:23 pm

Have not posted in a few days. Really been crazy. Hubby home sick with a cold and we are seeing sales reps at work, which means with the rep from 9-6, so no time for computer. I have been doing great this week.

Menu for today:

9 and 2pm
oatmeal
raisins
milk

6pm-
roast
red or white beans
beets

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:30 pm

CatholicCajun,

glad to hear you are having a great week!

Blueskighs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:47 pm

Thanks Blue! Well great news. Weighed in today and I have a 2.5 lb. loss and hubby has a 1.75lb. loss. Here is my INTENDED menu for today:

9am-
oatmeal
raisins
milk

2pm-
oatmeal
raisins
milk

7-8pm
home made pizza with pepperoni, sausage, onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, cheese
my version of breadsticks to dip in sauce
chocolate pie for dessert.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:03 pm

CatholicCajun,

that is so FANTASTIC,

Blueskighs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:24 pm

Thanks Blue!!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:35 pm

Ok, back to Monday and N days. Did not do too bad this weekend, ate seconds and desserts, but tried to do so in moderation. Made this wonderful Hershey's pie, had some sat. nite and sunday for afternoon and evening snack.

9am and 2pm
oatmeal
milk
raisins

7-8pm
baked chicken
yams
and some veggie

Offering my work today for baby Tyler James and my fasting between meals for my son.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:50 pm

Not much time to spend on the computer this morning, but wanted to at least post my menu for the day.

9am abd 2pm:
oatmeal
raisins
milk

6-7pm:
baked chicken
yams
beets

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:20 pm

Just talked to hubby on phone, he is all excited because his birthday is Saturday and one of our employees made him a "big cake" to quote him, don't know what he means by big cake, guess I'll find out when he gets home tonight. I told him that he had to wait until Friday to eat some, and I just mentally saw his balloon burst and heard the disappointment in his voice and I will SHOOT him if he eats any before Friday!!! :lol:

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:28 pm

Well I misunderstood hubby, he says he did not say big cake, he said bundt cake, well whatever he said, I heard big cake! :lol: It was made from scratch from one the ladies that works for us, it's a fig cake, and I know it will be good because all her cakes are good, those ladies spoil him! Of course he is the only man with 8 women working with and for him, he tells people that he does not voice opinions, with a ratio of 8:1, he loss a long time ago!

My menu:
9am-
oatmeal
milk
raisins

1pm-
bbq beans
weivers
garlic bread

7-8pm
baked chicken
noodles
beets

Have a blessed 4th everyone!!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:57 am

Wow, :D
I have never had fig cake, but fell in love with fresh figs a few years ago. I bet it will be delicious!

My husband seems to always wind up surrounded by women at his job too, I can't blame them ... :D

that is funny ... how about a big bundt cake!

Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:57 am

Hey, CC,

I can see the headlines now, "Christian Bookstore Owner Shoots Husband for eating his Birthday Cake on an N day." Of course, we would all get the humor.

The fig cake sounds great. Our figs are still all green but the trees are loaded. Would you post the recipe?

My dh complains about all the estrogen at work as well. Poor dear.

Resting

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:23 pm

Resting, if Anita will give me the recipe I will post it, and it was good!!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:25 pm

resting52 wrote:Hey, CC,

I can see the headlines now, "Christian Bookstore Owner Shoots Husband for eating his Birthday Cake on an N day." Of course, we would all get the humor.

Resting
Never thought of that!!! Gosh, that would be soooooo misunderstoon, except for a select segment of the population!!!! :shock:

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:00 pm

Ate waaaaaaaay too much since Friday!!! Back on habit today.

My menu
9 and 2pm:
oatmeal
milk
raisins

7-8pm
baked chicken
bbq beans
potato salad

Going to baby Tyler James' funeral tomorrow, will be a very difficult one.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:38 pm

Have not been here in a few days. We had the funeral for Baby Tyler James. That was the saddest thing I have ever seen, then went to a funeral for a customer of mine who also passed away, was supposed to go to another funeral Saturday, but Celeste who works for me almost cut her finger off, she was supposed to trim the bushes instead trimmed the tip of her finger!! So I am going to do my best to get things back on track.
Here is my menu for today:

9am abd 2pm:
oatmeal
raisins or banana
milk

7-8pm:
left over chinese (only what will fit on a salad plate)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:09 pm

That was the saddest thing I have ever seen
I can only imagine that would be so true, I am sure that Tyler James family found your presence and support very comforting, during times like these there seems to be really nothing else to do :(

Blueskighs

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:20 pm

CC, when you read this, I just want you to know I'm thinking of you...
Jill

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:54 pm

Thank you Jillybean. I seem not to have the time to post these days. Will be working all the rest of the week in my other store trying to change it up and get it ready for the Christmas season, I was in the 2nd store last week. Seem to be having problems getting back on track since the 4th of July, but will do it! Hope eveyone has a blessed week. Will check in when I can. God Bless.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:49 am

good to hear from you Catholic Cajun,

sounds like your REALLY busy season is fast approaching,

Blueskighs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:35 pm

I miss you all! It's been really busy getting the 3 stores ready for Christmas, one is done, the other one is almost done and we haven't touched the 3rd one! I miss "talking" with you all every day, but by the time I get home at night it's supper time and then I am just too tired to move. Hope everyone is doing ok. Still not back 100% on the program, but NOT giving up. We are off this weekend, but as usual have not stopped catching up on the home things that need to be done. Hope everyone has a blessed weekend.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:12 pm

Well it's amost quittin time and it's the first time I've had to get on the computer. So far today I did really well.
Breakfast:
peanut butter
jelly
banana

Lunch
chicken salad
canned peaches-small one in juice

Had the H20 orange between breakfast and lunch and then a little bit more awhile ago-getting hungry, hubby and I ate lunch earlier than I usually eat.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:09 pm

today is an S day, of course it seems lately that they have all been S days, but will get back on track!!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:17 pm

I finally have a day off and am able to post! Have been doing much better with the NO S, not dropping a lot of weight, but the binging seems to have passed. Hubby was having a hard time with no eating between meals, so we now drink a glass of orange juice and 1/2 scoop of whey protein between meals and that has worked wonders. Hubby is cooking a spaghetti now so we will have that for the next few days. Tomorrow is weigh in hope it goes well.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:52 pm

Even though today is an S day it's going well. Here is my menu for today:

8:30am:
1/2 cup fiber one
1/2 cup raisin bran
milk
lg. peach

11:30:
1 cup orange juice
1/2 scoop weigh powder

1:30pm
spaghetti
ceasar sallad

4:30:
same as 11:30

7:00:
same as 1:30

Hubby and I had our weekly weigh in:
He lost .75 and I lost .50

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:53 pm

Hey CC,

Congrats on the weight loss and the life style.

Happy Sunday to you,

Resting

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:09 pm

Hubby and I started a new work schedule. We are working together evey day except Saturday, we rotate days between the 3 stores so "playing" on the computer is really not an option for me anymore. I have been struggling since July 4, but am doing better. The down side is that if we are late coming home we eat on the road and I told him that HAS to change or I won't work with him in the other stores anymore. My other struggle is the too large of a plate. We stated drinking 8oz of OJ with whey powder between meals and this has helped a lot. So, with God's grace I will do better and get back on Habit.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:23 pm

Hey CC,

Are y'all getting ready for Gustav? I remember weathering one hurricane in Morgan City while I was going to USL. I know my folks up in north Louisiana are expecting the N.O. kinfolks to be heading up.

Prayers to you.

Resting

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:37 pm

Man it seems like an eternity since I have been here! We have been recovering from Hurricanes Gustav and Ike. We are patching up the roof of my home since the insurance deductable is more than I can afford, we will try and fix it ourselves, don't even want to think what insurance wil cost us now.

As far as No S goes, I am really trying hard to get back on habit, I am doing better now that we have power and can cook, I actually MISSED cooking, funny how you take things for granted. But I still struggle, but by God's Grace and one day at a time I will improve.

Have a blessed day.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Hey CC!

Welcome back. I'm glad you have a roof over your head.

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:41 pm

I actually MISSED cooking, funny how you take things for granted.
Catholic Cajun,

glad to hear you all are recovering from your double hit of hurricanes. Sounds like you are facing some real challenges, truthfully, feeding ourselves becomes more difficult when you can't cook :(

glad you are hanging in there,

Blueskighs

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:51 am

Yes, best wishes from me too CC - glad to hear that you and yours are safe and wishing you a speedy recovery from all this strife!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:54 pm

Thank you all so much, you all are such a blessing.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:29 pm

Well today being an S day, I had planned on goint eat a big breakfast at Huddle HOuse, but it was packed, so change of plans.

Breakfast:
2 slices extra fiber toast
butter
oj with whey protein powder mixed in

Lunch:
Fettuchine tv dinner

Snack: popcorn

Supper: who knows

CatholicCajun

Things have been really sad lately.

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Some of you reading this will not recognize my name, I've been off the boards for a few months. My mom took a serious fall in October, bleeding on the brain, we had to put her in a nursing home, she became depressed and two weeks after putting her there she passed away on NOvember 12. And now the holidays are here and things are crazy with my shops, which is a good thing, keeps me busy and focused on work and not myself, but am sooooo off habit, will get serious once December is over. I hope you all have a very blessed Christmas. Tammy

starflower

Post by starflower » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:45 am

I'm so sorry for your loss, Tammy. My prayers are with you this holiday season. Blessings to you and your family.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:27 pm

Thank you starflower, your words touched my heart. Thank you for the prayers. God Bless.

resting52

Post by resting52 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:11 pm

CC,

It is wonderful to see you back on the boards! Hope you enjoyed the cold weather. Got some lovely pictures from New Orleans in the snow. Glad the shops are busy with the Christmas traffic.

I know this must be hard, your first Christmas after the passing of your mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Blessings,
Resting

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:12 pm

Ok, hubby and I are trying something new, No S with a twist. We are trying the low glycemin index/load system, we are sticking with only one plate of food and no snacks unless the day starts with S, we do allow fruit between meals, for now. The 3 meal a day was just too hard, but hopefully we will get there eventually, I read a really good book called Hunger Free Forever. It seems to me that I cannot have a meal plan with no restraints, eating what I want is not a good thing for me, because I cannot keep it under control, but with the "limitations" of the glycemic load, it gives me just enough freedom to still enjoy eating. This may sound stupid and crazy, but I just know me and right now I need structure and limitations with my eating. God Bless those who can live without rules and restrictions.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:28 pm

Was doing good yesterday until I came down with this stomach bug, it's going around here, cheryl that works for me has it, and celeste's that works for me she and her son has it. Will get back on track as soon as I can keep things down.